Aerojet Rocketdyne Employee Reviews

Fulfilling workplace
Senior Manager (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJanuary 19, 2019
Challenging work environment in manufacturing state of the art and highly engineered propulsion systems for commercial and government space and defense programs.
Aerojet
Lead Technician/Rocket Test Technician (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAJanuary 7, 2019
Working for Aerojet was an awesome experience. Being a cross-functional work environment gave me a chance to learn several different job functions. Would recommend anyone to work for a world-class Company of this caliber.
Pros
Relaxed work environment
Cons
Rattlesnakes
I wish it was still here I could of retired from the job
Operations Associate (Former Employee) –  Socorro, NMJanuary 4, 2019
I would start my day with a morning meeting. Then we would start our tasks for the day.the best part of my job was the relaxed attmosphire.if any question arrose management came in to play. The hardest part of the job was working with stubborn team members.the job was nice because everyone knew what was expected of than.
Pros
It's was stabble
Cons
Some people are hard to work with
Productive, fast faced, and focused environment
Bulgeform Technician (Current Employee) –  Carlstadt, NJDecember 16, 2018
Ensure product quality
Achieve customer delivery requirements
Achieve labor targets
Identify and implement improvements

Responsible for performing bulgeform operations through hydro stretch, and pneumostretch technique. Excellent at using gauges and charts to achieve desired pressure needed.Perform annealing and heat treatments to soften or harden material .Proficient in clean line and and clean room procedures as well as ultrasonic application.
Pros
Benefits, healthcare.
Cons
compensation and opportunity to excel
Professional workplace with strong ethical values
Senior Technical Data Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CADecember 5, 2018
My position allowed me much independence. I performed my tasks as they came in throughout the day. Interaction with management was minimal. The hardest part of my job was sometimes having to put pressure on document owners when their due dates were approaching and they did not have their documents ready for submittal. My job was to ensure ALL documents were submitted to customers on time. I was very dependent on the document owners to have their work to me on time. I very much enjoyed the teams of people I worked with daily, both internal and external customers.
Pros
Independence
corn hole game
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLNovember 5, 2018
Thre was a game for recreation called corn hole.Busy inventorying many parts and cataloging them. Management was fair often buying lunch for everyone .Over all a great place to work unfortunately i was laid off
Pros
free lunches
Cons
health care
CA Production & Engineering is shutting down and moving out of State.
Manufacturing Engineer (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAOctober 30, 2018
Aerojet/Rocketdyne is at the end of its Life Cycle. Has experienced a a technological slide over the past 30 years, and has not invested in its people or facilities in CA. Has moved production to Alabama and Arkansas, locations difficult to attract competent employees.
Pros
cheap to live in Arkansas and Alabama
Cons
CA exodus to Arkansas and Alabama
Would have stayed there if there was not a layoff
Safety Representative (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, VAOctober 26, 2018
I would receive the mail and open it and disturbed it. . Then checked the invoices received for accuracy and correct coding. Checked email for invoices that were sent that way. Entered them into the system, and got them ready for the check run. I worked independently and with a team. I helped others when they needed it.
Engaging workplace and challenging environment
Associate Mechanical Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Canoga Park, CAOctober 24, 2018
The work is challenging, but the culture is very team-oriented and helpful. There are a lot of subject matter experts so there is always someone with a wealth of knowledge to help with what you are looking for.
Pros
Good culture and employees, work-life balance
Cons
Healthcare
Interesting work in a engineering environment
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAOctober 16, 2018
A typical aerospace engineering culture with opportunity to learn about fascinating products for space travel. Employee must make their own opportunities in this structured environment and be able to work onsite.
Pros
Interesting products, employees moderately promoted from within
Cons
Onsite work environment at most times
Treasury
Treasury Financial Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAOctober 9, 2018
Don't apply. Management there is terrible, especially in the Treasury department. No clue what they are doing. Incompetence managements. They will throw you under the Bus. Stay away!!!!
Great Company
Heat Treated and Brazing Furnace Operator (Current Employee) –  Canoga Park, CAOctober 8, 2018
Productive and great environment to work in, great staff and company to work for, employees are very competent in their work and the company truly values its employees.
Great Work/Life Balance
Senior Structural Engineer (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAOctober 1, 2018
I really enjoyed Aerojet Rocketdyne for the benefits, however these seem to me diminishing as time went on to save costs. The people you work with are great. Managements prefers to hire out for the upper positions versus hire within.
Pros
work/life balance
Productive with a wide range of different personalities
Thaad and Atlas Program, Inspector Mechanical GD&T (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CASeptember 21, 2018
The hardest part of the job is getting fellow workers to read the quality procedures. I have to read them as I enforce them.
The most enjoyable part of the job is my fellow co-workers. They can joke and have fun while still doing their job.
Pros
Great health benefits
It was a very dismal place to work.
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CASeptember 18, 2018
The buildings are so old they had asbestos warning signs everywhere, The bathrooms were constantly getting flooded. The carpets are filthy and never cleaned unless there was a special executive in house or external customers coming in. The employees felt like they were being treated like second hand citizens walking around waiting to hear when it was there turn to lose their job. The company has other plans than to treat their employees in Rancho Cordova with respect and optimism. They are more interested in building their job site in Huntsville, Alabama, Canoga Park, CA and El Segundo, CA offices. It is a very sad place to work.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Low esteem
Enjoyed my time there for the overwhelming part.
Logistics review and accountability (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CASeptember 17, 2018
Company level departments suffer from micro-management, watching every move. Corporate level supervised but as long as you produced, let you run your own show.

I learned a great deal concerning chemicals, logistics, and computer functions, to include cyber systems.

The hardest part of the job was to see unqualified personnel promoted because they were "yes" people.

The good part was there are multitudes of fine people employed there.
Pros
Good pay, benefits, professional atmosphere.
Cons
So much internal coordination it got things lost.
Great place to make a career
Grind Operator-Mixing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Camden, ARSeptember 11, 2018
I enjoyed my time working there and if i could be id still be there. I learned many different skills there that i didnt have before such as driving a tractor, learning the fort lift, and driving a standard transmission vehicle.
Pros
Kind of a work at your own pace area
Cons
You can be given work on short notice
Program Manager Specialist (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WASeptember 7, 2018
9/80 work shift
great people to work with
family environment, managmenet interested in their employees and strives to provide work-life balance.
interesting projects in the space industry
Not for the Employee for the Stock holder
SUPPLIER QUALITY ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 30, 2018
Shutting down Divisions
Making offers for jobs in LA with no increase in salary or reloacation
The general people are good to work for but management does not care for the general people.
Competitive company attempting to improve capabilities
LEAN SYSTEMS EXPERT (Former Employee) –  Downey-Compton-Sacramento-Azusa-Jonesboro-CamdenAugust 30, 2018
This company was a 2nd tier supplier to Aerospace & Defenses prime contractors
The company maintained old school leadership and work cultures.
- Push schedules
- Batch logic
- Stove-pipe processes
- Change resistant
- Work fast vs demand based
Facilitating positive change was rewarding
Pros
Aerospace Co needing dramatic change to remain viable
Cons
Old school cultures (management & systems)

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aerojet Rocketdyne. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight