Aerojet Rocketdyne Employee Reviews

Not great
Material Handler II (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAMay 15, 2018
When I first started to work here it wasn't so bad. Then as time passed, things got a little suspicious and I did not feel safe working there. I told my concerns to my management and they didn't believe me. Things got worse and nothing changed. The only result was people left within 3 months of this year.
Old ways of thinking
Engineering Technician III (Current Employee) –  Culpeper, VAMay 15, 2018
There is no innovation for such a technology driven field. It’s great for job security people don’t leave but with that they are afraid of new ways of thinking and do things the way they’ve always done them, when there are better and more efficient ways
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Bad management
not my type of work
Operator (Former Employee) –  Camden, ARMay 15, 2018
unsafe at times, some people try to take short cuts and that's not good in that type of job. could trust some people, will try and get over to make some look bad so they can advice
Pros
benifits
Cons
saftey
Learned many new thing on the job
System Engineering and Integration Co-Op (Current Employee) –  Canoga Park, CAMay 13, 2018
I was a Co-op at AR and I was treated as a full time employee and not a student. They give you all the tasks they would give an employee and treat you as an employee as well. I learned a lot this way.
Pros
Great Environment, Good benefits
Cons
Too much work at times
Unstable future presence in Sacramento
Director, Compensation & HR Operations (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 11, 2018
Highly regulated industry contributing to high-level of bureaucracy and difficulty in getting things done. Good compensation and benefits in the Sacramento area.
Great place for advancement.
Production Planning/Scheduling Analyst (Current Employee) –  Camden, ARMay 8, 2018
I truly appreciated the opportunity to work for Aerojet. I can truly say I had the best supervisor to work for. It provided me so many opportunities to grow and develop in my career. I have enjoyed working with all my different levels of co-workers here. Everyone is helpful and will help train.
Great place to work.
Administrative - Clerical Support (Former Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAMay 2, 2018
Good place to work and co-workers are very nice to work with.
Job duties are challenging but interesting.
The workplace culture is good.
Good benefits.
Pros
Good benefits.
Cons
Lay-offs
AR - Rancho Cordova
Senior Business Operations Analyst (Current Employee) –  Rancho Cordova, CAApril 20, 2018
Lots of negativity after announcing layoffs and the relocation of manufacturing from Rancho Cordova to other sites. Lack of motivation amongst employees and job security and opportunity for advancement is lacking for this specific site.
Pros
9/80 Work Week
Cons
Aging facilities, minimal opportunity for advancement
Good people and a fast pace atmosphere
Assembler I (Former Employee) –  Camden, ARApril 9, 2018
Love this job hated to leave learned a lot good fair work practices . Supervisors are understanding to the struggles of employees. Teamwork attitude very professional crew
Pros
Cons
Bad parking lot rain puddles in the lot
Learning Experience
Purchasing Associate/ Intern (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 3, 2018
As a young intern, I learned a lot about professionalism and many aspects of the work environment. I was able to work with employees inside the company, as well as communicate with suppliers outside of the company.
Was a great place to work
Senior Configuration Analyst (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMarch 21, 2018
I started at Aerojet in 2001 and stayed so long because of the people. Upper management leaves something to be desired, they've been slowly taking away benefits and then decided to move the Sacramento location to Alabama. Middle mgmt. is generally good and flexible with work schedules.
Collaborative and helpful learning for challenging opportunities
Procurement Agent (Current Employee) –  Canoga Park, CAMarch 16, 2018
Aerojet Rocketdyne provided me with challenging opportunities to grow and learn in the field of aerospace and government contract purchasing. Although this is a difficult and sometimes stressful career path, team members truly work together and are never too busy to help and teach you.
Good people as far as the production workers and engineers
Senior Safety Engineer (Former Employee) –  Camden, ARMarch 5, 2018
The company was a nice place to work when I first started, however over the years management was changed and it went from a family type atmosphere and truly caring for the employee, to cut-throat management, and the people were just a number.
Antiquated - Old!
Contracts Compliance Administrator (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAMarch 3, 2018
This place is horrible! The people are old and their vision is old. I understand Seniors cannot afford to retire at 65 any longer. However, a great deal of people over 65 there need to retire.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Horrible old culture
Good place to work, but not as good as the old days
LMS Administrator (Current Employee) –  Canoga Park, CAFebruary 28, 2018
We have a rich history of being the world leader in liquid rocket engine production. The company has gone down-hill since Aerojet bought us about 4 years ago.
Pros
great products, great people
Cons
poor management, not too concerned for their people
Great Company with fun and helpful atmosphere
MATERIAL CONTROL CLERK (Former Employee) –  Chatsworth, CAFebruary 26, 2018
I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Aerojet. Getting to see what all goes into an engine build for their many programs made each day exciting. I would highly recommend Aerojet as a company to anyone seeking employment in the aerospace industry.
Pros
Benifits as well as pay scale
Great
QUALITY ENGINEER III (Former Employee) –  Stennis Space Center, MSFebruary 6, 2018
All the people at Stennis Space Center are Great to work with and have so many good times with them an have a lot of good friends and wanting to get back to work to mentor and teach the young ones.
just a great place to work
Lane Assembler (Former Employee) –  East Camden, ARFebruary 6, 2018
I loved Areojet reason is they treated their workers with respect and showed dignity. I would still be working there if i did not have to relocate.great place.
Pros
everything
Temporary positions
Material Handler (Current Employee) –  New MexicoFebruary 6, 2018
It was a very enjoyable job i liked it personally. Has its downs though its really demanding, and work seems to pile on you a lack of employees. I would say the pay is great for a small town.
Engineer
Component Product Engineer (Project Engineer) (Former Employee) –  Canoga Park, CAFebruary 5, 2018
Aerojet tends to hire lots a of contractors rather than direct hires which makes it difficult to determine if you will get hired full-time. The people at the company are great. I had a great time while working there.
Cons
Need more direct hiring.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aerojet Rocketdyne. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.4

1.8Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight