Aerojet Rocketdyne Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Aerojet Review
Computer Technician II (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAAugust 15, 2018
I am very proud to have worked for this company for the past 8 years and would work there again under the correct conditions.
Working with computer and servers as well as supporting over 400 users on a private network.
Good company to work for
Manufacturing Engineer II (Current Employee) –  Canoga Park, CAAugust 15, 2018
Good company with good benefits. The mentorship at this company is great, everyone is willing to help & succeed as a team. The work is unique aandthe customers are fenomenal.
Pros
Good salary & mentorship
Cons
Shop is union ran, and managers are afraid to be managers.
Excellent place to do Aerospace
Senior Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAAugust 6, 2018
If you are into aerospace, rocketry, engineering, design and simulation this company will expose you to all there is to be had in the aerospace world.
Very engaged, professional company.
Materials and Processes Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Jupiter, FLAugust 5, 2018
Very constructive, but challenging work environment. Friendly people and very professional, no sense of tension, and their is a great work life balance.
Pros
Life-work balance.
Cons
compensation could be higher.
Aerojet
Quality Inspector (Current Employee) –  Socorro, NMAugust 2, 2018
Constant stops due to poor planning, Personal walk outs, unable to finish contracts due to lack of tracking production inventory. Plant site shutdown.
Pros
4 day weeks
Cons
plant shutdown
Interesting work in a dangerous environment
Associate Operations Technician / Line Lead (Former Employee) –  Socorro, NMJuly 20, 2018
I left this job after the propellant manufacturing building blew up the second time. I feel that too many corners were cut to save money at the expense of time and safety.
Good place to work.
Support Equipment Design Engineer IV (Current Employee) –  Canoga Park, CAJuly 20, 2018
Good company for your career.
Always care and share good ideas with you.
Care for environment, safety, health for employees.
Great benefits and company shares for employees.
Pros
Offers free foods more often.
Cons
Group and team are often not in the same area.
Great place for engineers
Contracts Intern (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAJuly 17, 2018
This place has some of the smartest engineers on the planet. Interns get to go to Aerospace Games in LA to compete against other interns from other companies. Great place to work and learn. 9/80 schedule, every other Friday off!
Productive and fun work place.
Quality assurance Inspector (Current Employee) –  Camden, ARJuly 10, 2018
I always enjoyed going to work. The people, customers and process made me feel like I was doing something important. If I were not relocating, I would not be leaving this company.
Pros
Wonderful benefits
Configuration Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Canoga Park, CAJuly 2, 2018
This was a nice place to work, friendly however a little clicky. Good working environment, professional but not much room for advancement or permanent employment opportunities.
Great opportunity to learn in competitive aerospace manufacturing environment
Integrated Program Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Sacramento, CAJune 25, 2018
I was a cross functional manager for several missile defense programs. The opportunities given to me at AR positioned me for success in the future. I love this company, but the Sacramento site is in the process of shutting down and transferring to Alabama, so there we're negatives associated with that transfer.
Pros
professional company competing with front runners in the industry, great first line and middle management
Cons
Old school mentality, disconnected senior leadership
Production Planning/Scheduling Analyst (Former Employee) –  Camden, ARJune 18, 2018
Aerojet provided opportunity to advance and grow. Great co-workers at all levels, working together. My manager was the best manager I have ever worked with. Would still be working there, but relocated with husband.
Great place to work with great management
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Orange, VAJune 6, 2018
Great environment to work! Managers were personable, communicated well, and provided training daily. Workforce was family like and supported each other daily to provide a positive environment. Workload was continuous with great safety protocol in place.
Pros
Safe, friendly work force, good benefits
Cons
Wages weren't great
Manufacturing Technician II (Current Employee) –  Camden, ARJune 5, 2018
I enjoyed working for this great company.... Career opportunities to get and enjoy the people I work with.... Great manager and Supervisor and wonderful health insurance and vision Care
Great Company
Executive Administrator (Former Employee) –  Arlington, VAMay 30, 2018
Very family oriented, collaborative office, paid parking, great benefits.....loved this job! Headquarters was in CA, but other local offices were in Virginia.
Pros
Great Team
Cons
Top Heavy Management
Not great
Material Handler II (Former Employee) –  Redmond, WAMay 15, 2018
When I first started to work here it wasn't so bad. Then as time passed, things got a little suspicious and I did not feel safe working there. I told my concerns to my management and they didn't believe me. Things got worse and nothing changed. The only result was people left within 3 months of this year.
Old ways of thinking
Engineering Technician III (Current Employee) –  Culpeper, VAMay 15, 2018
There is no innovation for such a technology driven field. It’s great for job security people don’t leave but with that they are afraid of new ways of thinking and do things the way they’ve always done them, when there are better and more efficient ways
Pros
Work/life balance
Cons
Bad management
not my type of work
Operator (Former Employee) –  Camden, ARMay 15, 2018
unsafe at times, some people try to take short cuts and that's not good in that type of job. could trust some people, will try and get over to make some look bad so they can advice
Pros
benifits
Cons
saftey
Learned many new thing on the job
System Engineering and Integration Co-Op (Current Employee) –  Canoga Park, CAMay 13, 2018
I was a Co-op at AR and I was treated as a full time employee and not a student. They give you all the tasks they would give an employee and treat you as an employee as well. I learned a lot this way.
Pros
Great Environment, Good benefits
Cons
Too much work at times
Unstable future presence in Sacramento
Director, Compensation & HR Operations (Current Employee) –  Sacramento, CAMay 11, 2018
Highly regulated industry contributing to high-level of bureaucracy and difficulty in getting things done. Good compensation and benefits in the Sacramento area.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aerojet Rocketdyne. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

2.2Career Opportunities

3.1Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight