Aeropostale

United States4,042 reviews

Found 4,042 reviews matching the searchSee all 4,313 reviews
aeroclothefoldingstoreretaildiscountclothingfold

Definitely a fun job

I think work wise and people wise was amazing. The only issue I had was that I feel like clothing retail isn’t for everyone if you don’t know how to fold clothes super thin. Other than that everything is great. Also hours did get cut when Black Friday was over but keep in mind I was working their part time.

Traditional Retail Job

I worked here quite a few years back when I was in college (2014-2015). It was my first job. I I had two sets of managers during my short time working there. All were very kind, understanding and supportive. They worked with my school schedule which was most important to me. It was a traditional retail job of long shifts on your feet, weekend shifts, on call shifts and late night closing and organizing sessions after the mall closed. Nothing out of the ordinary. My coworkers were kind and we all got along fine. The employee discounts were pretty decent as well. I ended up leaving to focus on school.

Aeropostale insights

Based on 1,009 survey responses
What people like
  • Supportive environment
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Ability to meet personal goals
Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Sense of belonging

It could be a lot better

Pay is decent, but bonuses are near impossible and standards are way too high for limited staff and hours. Good for an "above" average retail store.

Sales associate

Part time has to post on my own social media Black Friday is a mess and expected to take an overnight shift if you refused it was not taken lightly pros we’re that you got a discount

Pros

fun coworkers, and most of the management was great

I had fun working here, made many friends during my time here. Store Manager and one of the assistant managers are a delight to work with, super friendly and always willing to help you out. Very flexible with your school schedule. Discount was great, best part of the job. Con is some of the other managers are somewhat rude at times, however they’re tolerable. I recommend working here.

Pros

Employee Discount, great management, flexible hours

Cons

short break, few rude managers

Quality culture on a good shift

Managers are driven for their title due to the pay raise; not out of genuinely being able to perform their assigned tasks at hand and also be available to those under them. General employees always expressed a positive culture. Flexible availability for scheduling however in the time I was with the company there was favoritism for those with more seniority .

Pros

Convenient location to pass your break

Cons

Lack of productive/motivated management.

Productive and positive place to work

Aeropostale is the best job I have ever had, management really cares about their employees and there are always opportunities for growth, learning, and hours. Shout out to lynnhaven Aeropostale’s GM and DM ❤️

Never a dull moment

Constant change within the the company. Company changed its name while buying other retail chains. We had to learn 3 new retailers. All the ins and outs of the business. Once we were just about caught up a couple new chains were added.

Pros

Consistent training

Cons

Lacking support system

Fun work place

Low pay, difficult to get increased pay, if you do. But the workers there are so fun to be around. Super healthy environment. Amazing management. Loved it there

Good company if you get the right manager

The job itself is super easy. Theres no hard work done at Aero besides putting clothes away. With no credit cards or rewards cards to sell, its favorable to anyone. My issue came with the manager i had, she hated me from the get go and tried to get rid of me no matter how good of a job i dod. Regardless, the position is great, pay is great, benefits are great.. And the district managers seem to care about what you have to say and help you reach your potential in the store.

Pros

Easy tasks, no pushing cards, good insurance

Too pushy with its sales on customers....

I love working retail. Most of the management and coworkers were nice, but as in sales... I will never work for Aeropostale or any other company that requires employees to be too pushy on it's customers, which makes them not want to come back... I've seen other places with better customer approach.

Pros

Casual Dress Code, Trendy teen store

Cons

Bad pay, Random hours, bad sales approach

Good Management

The company was great, I liked working here. Lots of work life balance and good benefits. It was a great place to begin a career and continue on to other things.

Unprofessional

Constant last minute schedule changes, condescending management and personal callouts constantly made in front of peers, private coaching done in front of peers, fraternization, favoritism, and harassment, work/life balance is non existent, you either breathe Aeropostale or you are considered not a good worker, concerns will not be listened to effectively, pay is no where near competitive or accurate for what is expected of you, not strong leadership or management skills, very unethical in approaches with training, coaching, and overall management when anything negative is presented, overall a great company but that is dependent on who specifically you are working for and the management currently is not adequate.

Pros

Amazing company values, overall very lovely people, easy, good company to work for, employee discount, full-time benefits

Cons

Bad management, non competitive pay

boring and low pay

managers expect you to do the most for minimal wage pay, no type of teamwork in this workplace, expect to get no help from your fellow coworkers, save your time and don’t apply, also they will give the manager favorites more hours than anyone else

Normal retail job

The job itself was just like any other retail job. When I first started, the upper management was still functioning in the “old ways” of doing things. For example, they wanted good looking, young people working the sales floor. Other than that, management was helpful and encouraging.

Productive and fun workplace

Really great experience for a job just starting out. Management was great, learned a lot of workforce skills, and at the time pay was about fair for the job itself.

One of my favorite jobs

I highly recommend anyone looking at retail as a career path to consider aero. Training is magnificent, advancement is always available, fun environment, great place for learning a wide range of skill sets

Great job but not for the faint of heart

Fast paced and kind environment. A lot of work which definitely doesn’t make it for everyone. Everyone becomes family but there isn’t really a work/home life balance.

Great for a first job. Such a good team

So great as a first job, great management, very flexible scheduling and understanding staff, judgment free atmosphere, casual dress code, however pay is not as good as it should be.

Pros

Employee discounts, flexible scheduling

Cons

Pay

Great experience and enjoyed traveling

Management with this company was great, they gave you the opportunity to learn on site, but sending you to other locations in order to grow with the company. I enjoyed working there because it was structured and policy driven, all my co-workers were friendly was professional.

Good Job for someone between 15-16

I enjoyed being employed by the company, as it was my first job, but the pay was horrible and the hours weren’t helpful. $8.25 an hour while waiting for a raise for over months, doing manager tasks without the pay. It’s a good job for someone very young, but it’s impossible to work for this company while seeking hire education.

Pros

30% on all merchandise, and sister companies. 50% on 2 of each item once a month.

Cons

Unpaid 30 minute breaks, short shifts, and no advances in position.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aeropostale. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
3.1Personal Development
4.0Career Opportunities
3.0Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight