Aeropostale
73Above average

Aeropostale Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA30 reviews
Productive workplace with good benefits
As a sales associate, I learned a lot about customer service and was able to grow as an individual through this job. You really bond with your fellow employees and learn how to effectively communicate with customers.
Great place to work at
Aeropostale has been very good to me; I am able to work flexible hours and the staff is very easy to get along with. Management is friendly and easy to talk to.
Very dedicated to their work
Focus on making the store a better place for employees and customers. Always happy to help customers. Very competitive and determine to beat last year goal.
Horrible work experience
When I got the job at Aeropostale I was really excited to start working. Then I figured out that the manager had hired 14 or more new workers. So she only gave me one day to work. I wasn't getting hours at all and every time I called to speak with her about that, she would never pick up or she would make someone else speak with me. My training was for less then 10 minutes. They were very unorganized.
One of the worst retail jobs I've ever worked.
High-volume retail environment, even in a "sleepy" suburban mall. The MESSES. The HOLIDAYS. The oppressive store manager I worked under - it all drove me out and led me into the arms of a recruiter for a better retailer.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Great Place to work
Worked at Wheaton Mall and Columbia Mall in Maryland and those locations are great. Work for Aero for 2 years started as a Key Holder and then became an LP Assistant Manager. One of my favorite companies to work for.
Pros
Fantastic work environment
Mediocre place to work
Not a great place to work if your goal is to make money. Only good thing is the discounts you receive. The mangers were really nice and understanding. You would enjoy the job if you like being around young age people.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
No benefits
great company
Aeropostale had a lot of different types of departments into one store had to do some many different roles of the job. Although I like working there it became a bit much when you feel like you was doing your job and your bosses job and only getting one paycheck.
Pay isn't worth it, if you're not a manager
Job was easy and relaxed. Co-workers were team oriented and friendly. Pay was horrible (7.25 an hour for sales leads and about 10.00 for sales leads), unless you were a manager. There were basically never enough hours available.
Pros
Relaxed environment and simple work-load
Cons
Pay, never enough hours
Fun place to work
A typical day at work would be refolding clothing and being at the register. I learned about customer service. The manager is understanding person. Work place is positive. The hardest part of the job is dealing with rude customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is talking to customers.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Aeropostale?
Productive and fun workplace with everyone I have got to know.
I enjoyed working there. I had grown a relationship with all my coworkers. I never had any problems with any customers. It was also fun closing the store.
Excellent work enviroment with great people and great management
Each day at work was enjoyable, the staff and management are all wonderful people to work with. I will admit holidays are hectic times when employed in retail, but with great teamwork and communication the work is never too demanding on one person.
Fun and Exciting Place to work.
A typical day at work entails being able to do the job right and not let your personal life effect your progress. I enjoy working with my fellow employees and we had great team efforts. Some worked at the cashier and others worked on the floor depending on your strengths. I always enjoyed working on the floor because it gave me an opportunity to help customers. I learned that even if you don't know what you are doing, you do learn a lot from the experience. The management was great, staff helped a lot to make the environment as freeing and open as possible. The team leaders and staff really did a good job enforcing change and controlling the flow of the products and what's being sold. The hardest part of the job can be the long hours and not being able to work on other priorities like school. I enjoyed being able to learn new things everyday and being able to help other people and be a part of my community.
Pros
Learning new things
Cons
Not able to progress, not focusing on school
great workplace
Greet customers and help with their fashion needs. Easy going and fun workplace for first job. Holds you accountable.Not overly demanding.
Horrible place to work
First to start the managers are very rude and unappreciative. They don't have a sense of courtesy nor do they treat you right. There are no breaks the job is boring and not worth your time. Nor the low wage.
Pros
50% off clothes
Cons
No breaks low wage
Team work makes the dream work
organization
costumer services

honest

hard work

family of co-workers

dedication

fun and happy work environment

positive role models

encouraging/gratitude

advancement
Pros
positive attitudes, great team work
Cons
rude costumers
Okay
I worked in new York, and transferred to another location in Wheaton MD. I loved the company culture, and energy I would work for the company again.
Nice place with good people
Very nice store in nice location. Good team , it was nice to work with everybody like one good team. There was a lot of what I did each day.
Great Company that makes it enjoyable to work there
The managers were always friendly and never made you feel like you didn't belong.
It had a very diverse and welcoming atmosphere.

Management cared about you as a person and not just an employee.
The workplace Aeropostale
A typical day at work would be to organize the store since so many customers come in an out. But while organizing and recovering one as a sales associate must provide great customer service by helping them find what they come in looking for. We have to have a conversation with the clients to see what they want exactly. Also, once they are ready to pay and checkout I jump on the register and check them out by ringing there items and charging them. I then go back to organizing the clothes, greeting customers, or rearranging the store with my manager.
I have learned a lot at this job like how to provide the best customer service possible. Also I have developed skills such as organizing, register, interpersonal and more. Management at Aeropostale is excellent they really care about what they do and how they do it, customer satisfaction is number one on the list. Me and my coworkers get along great I am very friendly and try always to be respectful and find what we have in common so that work can be easy going. The hardest part of my job would definitely be difficult customers. Some customers come in demanding attention and are just down right rude. But regardless of how difficult they may be I have learned to deal with them and I always put my best foot forward . The most enjoyable part would definitely be connecting with a customer and getting to know them better by talking and being able to help them out.
Pros
coworkers, manager
Cons
short breaks
fun working environment
Every day was a fun experience, because there was always something to do. I learned a lot from the management team. One of the things i learned was that team work and communication is the key to having a great successful team environment.
Pros
fun co-workers
Cons
short breaks and no benifits
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aeropostale. Our community is ready to answer.
1.2K
1.3K
Ratings from women
InHerSight Score
2.5Personal Development
3.7Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight