Aeropostale Employee Reviews

Found 3,162 reviews matching the search See all 3,389 reviews
High paced job
Floor Associate (Former Employee) –  Missoula, MTSeptember 21, 2018
A typical day at work consisted of folding and organizing clothing tables, shelves and hanging arrangements. Making sure everything was straight and fronted. I learned how to keep a store in tip top shape. Management was decent. Maybe a little difficult to befriend. For the most part, everyone got along with each other. The hardest part of the job was after a busy rush, we had to go back through and straighten everything back up visually. The most enjoyable part of the job was the discounts that we received on the clothing. And after the store closed up and we were able to turn up the music and just organize, straighten and clean up without any interruption. I worked the Christmas season, so there were times that the store would close at 10, and we would still be there until 2am the next morning cleaning up the warzone.
Pros
Really good discounts on the clothing
Cons
Occasional long hours and not a lot of compensation
Fun & productive job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXSeptember 20, 2018
I greeted customers with our daily sales pitch and helped them find what they were looking for. I would offer them to sign up for the reward program we offered. I was promoted to cashier specialist after 2 months of being there. I got a 25 cent raise with the duties of teaching a new employee how to work the register and was the head cashier. The manager and assistant manager were very great to work for and helped me with a lot when I first started. The hardest part of my job was making sure no one stole merchandise because people stole from us a lot and we had no security. I loved the people I worked with and working in clothing.
Pros
Laid back, good hours
Cons
Hard to move up, low pay
Overall my experience with Aeropostale set me up in the sales industry. I enjoyed the people I worked with as well as my time spent growing.
Aeropostale Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COSeptember 12, 2018
Overall I worked at Aeropostale as my first job in high school. I enjoyed my coworkers & learned a lot about myself and the industry during my time spent with them. I loved making customers feel good in the clothes they were wearing & showing them that shopping can be easy & fun. I loved working at the cash wrap, it taught me how to work with money as well as computers. I think that in some ways more than others my time at Aeropostale was cut short due to the companies issues with their stores. I helped customers pick out clothes , while mixing and matching their styles. I loved my coworkers they made work fun but accountable.
Pros
Lunch time, In the mall, Great people
benefits
A easy place to get your first job.
Retail Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLSeptember 28, 2018
I learned how retail works from the organization of the stock room and unloading products, working the cash register and handing out discounts, on the floor selling and competing with other employees for sales in order to receive hours, and as the greeter helping the guest and making them feel welcome. It is just another typical day where instead your just getting paid.
Pros
Cool employees
Cons
shorts breaks, low salary, some managers play favorites when it comes to hours, no advancements or raises.
Positive upbeat and motivational
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 11, 2018
I absolutely loved working here. the associates that I worked with were really fun and super upbeat into the job like it made me love my job to be able to go to work listen to music Joke round but get the job done.
Pros
Getting to see music, communicate with customers
Cons
I am in the same exact pair for four years No raise.
Not too great management and OK place to work
Cashier/Merch Flow (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 16, 2018
Never received a raise and worked there for over a year and got paid minimum wage which is 7.25. The new manager who had came in did not really do her job and she was very strange. The hours got cut so I was working less than 20 hours a week. The management kept taking away and changing the discounts for us to use. I worked on the floor and in the backroom and never got a raise after I was moved from being a sales associate. At one point we really needed more employees and the manager never wanted to hire anybody.
Pros
Discounts while they lasted
Cons
Management, hours, pay, working environment
More Work for Less Pay
Part Time Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Lubbock, TXJune 6, 2018
I would open the store or close depending on the shift and would do upwards of 90% of the task that a store manager does, but get paid poorly. The people you work with could be amazing or you could have the constant no shows making your day harder. Very little room to grow past a certain point, you have to hope someone above you finds a better job or gets fired which isn't a productive way to advance within. Honestly the amount of work I would put in doesn't justify the amount I was being paid for a over a year with one single raise.
productive and fast pace work enviroment with one on one customers
Assistant Manager/Operation Manager (Current Employee) –  Frisco, TXMay 28, 2018
It's always nice to come into work and motivate the team on making our sale goals for every hour. It's a never ending learning experience because every customer is different and we always come across a new situation to deal with. Yes they may be difficult at times, but for the most part I love learning new things so in the future I know how to handle it.
Not only do we deal with different customers but we also rotate our associates and helps us have a fun workplace to achieve our daily goals. I have enjoyed being an operational manager especially because I get to make to and challenge our team to follow the rules/policies, train, keep files complete and pass our monthly audits.
However, the hardest part about being a manager is that I don't have a life outside of work.
Pros
Amazing benefits and networking with different people.
Cons
I don't ever have time for school nor personal time.
Productive and upbeat work enviornment
Aeropostale Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Arvin, CAApril 23, 2018
- A typical day at work usually consists of stocking products for the store, filling any merchandise on the sales floor that we are running low on, sweeping/mopping, cashier duties, etc.

- I have learned that working as a team is essential and it taught me about the importance of having patience with others and how to handle stressful situations in a professional manner.

- Management is not there to be your friend, they are there to run a business efficiently.

- The hardest part about my job is having to be nice to others even when they are not nice back.

- The most enjoyable part of my job is being able to help people and seeing them smile back at you as you greet them. I surprisingly found my job to be very rewarding with the kind acts of others.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Healthcare and salary.
Love my coworkers and the environment
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Broomfield, COApril 3, 2018
An average day consisted of greeting customers, helping them find what they are looking for, offering them a fitting room, add on items at the fitting rooms to try and raise sales, and checking them out. As a manager, I am responsible for counting the imprest funds when opening/closing. I am also in charge of over-riding sales for returns and exchanging change in the registers. I have to maintain the CCL(cash control logs), the LP books, as well as making sure total sales reports get scanned over to cooperate. About every two weeks all managers are also in charge of keeping up to date with all of the new marketing and promotional changes throughout the week and making sure they are effective before the due date.
Pros
Possible bonus growth every month
Cons
no PTO or benefits, no position available for growth
Productive, dinamic
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Hatillo, PROctober 12, 2018
The most promoted you are, more difficult the job, but more benefits and better salary. Pretty good development of associates and management team. Steady job.
Benefits
Cons
Scheduled
Not worth it
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 2, 2018
Working here has its benefits being, you learn how to problem solve and communicate with customers; customer service skills definitely develop. The job is stressful and does not pay well.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Overworked and underpaid, short breaks, barely any hours
Aeropostale
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pottstown, PA, USDecember 4, 2018
Overall not a bad place to work for retail experience. But not a place I would want to be long term. Management differs and no compensation for sales.
Mediocre place to work
Stock Manager (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDSeptember 7, 2018
Not a great place to work if your goal is to make money. Only good thing is the discounts you receive. The mangers were really nice and understanding. You would enjoy the job if you like being around young age people.
Pros
Flexible work hours
Cons
No benefits
Great for a first job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 24, 2018
I would recommend this company as a first job to anyone. You will learn fundamentals to become more successful for future positions in sales or retail.
Pros
Discounts, Clothing, Flexible hours
Cons
Weeks off, low salary
Not the best
MERCHANDISE FLOW SPECIALIST / SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Ashwaubenon, WIJuly 26, 2018
hours would fluctuate for no reason
one week you would get thirty-five hours the next you'd get five hours
you never really get pay raises here you're stuck a what you start at
The place is fun and the workers are nice.
Aeropostale Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Plantation, FLJuly 16, 2018
The people that I work with are cool, but unfortunately they cut my shifts sometimes and My salary is very low.
We have different managers that do their job rightly and that’s what keeps everything in peace sometimes
Pros
Discounts on the store
Cons
I don’t get to many hours
Fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Madison, WIOctober 28, 2018
Working at Aeropostale was fun. I loved the clothing they sell, so to be able to get a discount on everything in the store was amazing. Management was okay, but they never gave me the chance to advance, but it was promised to me when i got hired. The culture was amazing. There was always loud and exciting music playing and there was always something to do. The only hard part about working there was being passed up every time for promotions and not getting any hours. Other than that, it was a great place to work.
Pros
discounts
Cons
no career advancement
loved my job
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  PennsylvaniaFebruary 2, 2018
Working at Aero was a great experience. I learned the most there and still take the knowledge I gained with me to each new job.
processes were streamlined and efficient. Customer service was the focus and I was able to spend time developing my managers and team to next level. Culture was inclusive and they stood behind their values. Work life balance was good as long as your team was strong, so it's best to be proactive with training and hiring. I worked extra during peak times as needed and didn't mind. Bonus structure was good and achievable- monthly. Floorsets were monthly, but it was best when they done on Sundays. I'm still sad that my store closed when they declared bankruptcy and would go back if an opportunity presented itself. I ran 4 different locations and was a SM for 8 years.
Pros
Pto, floating holidays, emp discount, insurance was good, work life balance, salary was fair
Cons
typical retail hours, but better than most
Good company-No hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCJune 20, 2018
I worked with Aero for 2.5 years. The first year was fine but after the company filed bankrupt, there were few hours to give and I was never even given my 10 cent raise after being there over a year.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aeropostale. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K
41.1K

See reviews about

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

50%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss