Aeropostale Employee Reviews

Found 3,254 reviews matching the search See all 3,484 reviews
The place was very calm but in a way unorganized
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waldorf, MDMarch 16, 2019
Needed to be more organized hours needed to be more balanced with in the sales associates during my time personally it was a good environment just the hours were slim
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Not enough hours
It’s a great job and is very flexible
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMarch 15, 2019
The job is fun and is flexible but I wish there were a little bit more hours. The people there are friendly and are very helpful. The manager is dedicated to her job and to the team.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Not many hours
Great for teens
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 13, 2019
This was my first job in high school. Everyone who works there is young and in my experience, really fun to work with. Although we did have sales goals and challenges to meet, the environment was very playful. I got along with all my coworkers and even found good friends in the management. They are flexible with students and work with you and your schedule. If you are looking for your first job, I recommend applying here.
Pros
Fun, good experience building
Cons
gets very busy on weekends
Great discounts
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMarch 13, 2019
Terrible scheduling and work hours, coworkers however were fun to work with, minimum wage isn’t something you can live off of..you’ll have to have 2 jobs
Pros
Discounts on items
Cons
Hours of work
typical day
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXMarch 10, 2019
I would come in and ask where am i going to be placed for that day. usually if i was with the clothes i would have to keep running to the back to find what the customer is looking for.
Pros
free lunch, friendly people
Cons
slow hours
Great 1st time worker experience
PT Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILMarch 9, 2019
This is my first job.
Great place to start up a working experience.
Weekends very Fast Pace (Busy) Shifts
Weekdays Slow Shifts
You get to know your customers.
Formal / Professional work environment
Appropriate Dress Code
Flexible working hours
Awesome Team
Pros
Discounts, Free Work Tees, Loose Dress Code, Awesome Team, Flexible Hours
Cons
Short Breaks, Fast-Pace
fun work place
STORE ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Carolina, PRMarch 8, 2019
I enjoyed working for this company, lots of benefits, great pay and many hours. Floor planning, scheduling, employee discounts and clothing was awesome.
Was a great first job to gain work experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Concord, NCMarch 7, 2019
As a first job, I thought to gain experience it was great. I loved the work area and the people I worked with. Some days were better than others, but overall was a great time working as an employee.
Best job to be at for retail
Sales Leader/Manager (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCMarch 7, 2019
Aeropostale is the perfect retail job for both new retail workers and expierenced retail workers. This company really makes sure that customers are fully trained and prepared before allowing them to handle tasks on their own. Management goes out of their way to help train and coach associates. Aero associates become a family.
Low pay, typical mall job
Aeropostale Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Odessa, FLMarch 7, 2019
Manager at the time was kinda rude but I heard the new one is really nice. Felt very unsafe at aero always had shoplifters and people getting mad, had to call security quite a bit. Unrealistic break schedule.
Customer focused with a fun work environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 5, 2019
A typical day at work included using customer service skills to greet, follow up, and build sales. We learned to stock the store with new merchandise, ring sales on the register, and do opening and closing procedures. As part of the management team, me and the rest of the team made sure the work environment was clean, well stocked, and that all of the associates had a great environment to work in. The most enjoyable part of the job was the ability to get rewarded for our hard work based on sales goals and other performances.
Great First Job
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILMarch 4, 2019
Aeropostale is definitely the best job to have as a high school and college student. There is always room for growth. The workplace itself felt like a family. I've learned how to problem solve with customers, how to make a store look representable, how to detail clothes and give a good presentation of them, how to open and close a store, etc. I started as a sales associate and moved up to management within three years.
Productive & Fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILMarch 3, 2019
Overall, I throughly enjoyed working at Aeropostale. The management team I worked under was honestly the best part of the job. Also the perk of getting discounts on the merch was very helpful.
Fun, Mall life job
STORE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Castle Rock, COMarch 3, 2019
An exciting job when I worked at the Castle Rock mall. Very busy each day working in the outlet store, which always was busy with having the standard store to run, and the outlet portion too. Never a dull moment
Pros
good pau and bonis structure
Cons
none that I remember
Overall a fun environment.
Associate Store Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 2, 2019
Great place with great people. Lots of inclusion when it comes to the Corp/store staff collaborations. The work schedule is very demanding and difficult to maintain and home/work balancing with school aged children.
Pros
Great upper management, truly care about their employees.
Cons
Work vs home balance with children
Friendly environment, great management, nice co-workers, & a sustainable job.
Sales Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Barboursville, WVMarch 2, 2019
It's a friendly environment, has extremely kind management who are easy to get along with, and is moderately complicated but is easy to get the hang of. I learned how to work in retail, how to deal with customers, and how to work in the stock room. The most enjoyable part of the job was the side conversations with my co-workers, and the hardest part was probably doing inventory.
Pros
Flexible hours, lunch breaks.
Cons
No paid vacation/sick days, short breaks
typical retail environment
Sales Lead (Former Employee) –  FLMarch 1, 2019
Aeropostale provides your average retail employment standard. It was never that great but it also wasn't awful. They set the goal for the day and task the rest of the time. Nothing out of the ordinary
Fun workplace & overall good environment!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAFebruary 28, 2019
Aeropostale was my first job ever! I started working when I was a senior in high school involved in many extracurricular activities, but my manager was always understanding about my busy schedule & allowed me to work whenever I was available to. Through this job I was able to better my communication abilities as well as develop adequate customer service skills. My coworkers were very nice to me & were always friendly whenever I worked. Although working in retail & dealing with customers can be such an exhausting task, the responsibilities I was given often kept me occupied enough that I wouldn’t go crazy each shift. As a sales associate, I usually performed cash register duties, worked in fitting rooms & go-backs, recovered the sales floor, & sometimes worked on filling the merchandise that needed to be restocked.
Pros
Flexible hours & good, reliable management
Cons
Short breaks
Decent Retail job
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILFebruary 25, 2019
Picky, but decent. I would greet customers, help carry out sales, fold clothing, work registers, clean floors and mirrors, and helped meet sales goals. It was a decent job but everything had to be so specifically neat (all tags tucked in every clothing item , etc). No break unless worked certain amount of hours
Pros
decent work flexibility, okay pay
Cons
too many employees so my hours were cut, 40 minutes from my home so I had to drive a lot
Laid Back Environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Kennesaw, GAFebruary 25, 2019
Working at Aeropostale was a good first job for me. I loved my coworkers, with whom I am still in touch. I mostly helped customers and checked them out.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aeropostale. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K
41.1K

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight