Aeropostale Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 2,808 reviews matching the search See all 3,016 reviews
It was an okay job to have.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXMay 20, 2018
When I say an okay job to have, I mean in the sense of I was a high school student so it was easy enough for younger people to do while also paying good for a student.
Aeropostale
sales associate (Former Employee) –  Saugus, MAMay 19, 2018
Working at Aeropostale is fun for a first job or a very small part time job, but they rarely give hours out to associates. I found myself working eight hours a week most weeks, and when you only get paid biweekly, that is miserable.
Great Workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Sioux City, IAMay 19, 2018
Working here was the best time that I had while working for a company. I enjoyed all of my coworkers and the managers were wonderful! I think the work environment was also good.
Not many shifts
Aeropostale Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Clinton, CTMay 19, 2018
This was my first job and I though It was a decent job until they started over hiring people. They hire everyone who applies and it got to the point I would only get a shift once a week or sometimes not for 2 weeks.
sales associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fairview Heights, ILMay 18, 2018
A typical day was coming into work figuring my sales goal out so that I could come up with my sales pitch for the day to try and surpass my previous goal, I would walk the floor to build relationships with people so that I can make successful sales as well as maintaining a clean friendly environment.
Pros
Discounts, Promotions
Cons
not enough work hours
Great place to work with amazing staff
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCMay 17, 2018
A typical day at work is fun and fast paced. I have learned a lot about how to interact with people and work at a fast pace. Management is great! Absolutely love the staff. The hardest part of the job is dealing with angry customers who feel as though they are correct. But being surrounded by great people who love their job more than makes up for it.
Sad its gone
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Texarkana, TXMay 17, 2018
I worked for Aeropostale for many years. It was stressful at times because it was a lot of work. But, the company knew how much work it was and compensated fairly.
I wasn't there for long.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Frederick, MDMay 17, 2018
I can't complain too much, this job was alright. I was only hired as a seasonal worker. You really shouldn't work here unless you know how to sell people things. That's how your manager's will rate your work.
Pros
Discounted Clothes
Cons
Rude management
Positive work environment
Vendedora (Former Employee) –  Isabela, PRMay 16, 2018
Is a sales job, you do a little of everything: sales, cashier. Is a nice workplace where you get along with your coworkers.
The managers are really great, with the attitude and helping for a better performance
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Part time
Aeropostale
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAMay 16, 2018
Working at Aeropostale was a good job for the most part. I had lots of responsibilities to fulfill here. I came from helping customers on the floor to getting things out of the stock room to being on the register to folding clothe and fixing big mess on the merch floor and fitting rooms. Keeping a retail store neat is one of the biggest things you have to worry about.
wouldn't go back
Retail Manager (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAMay 16, 2018
Staff does not help out the customers. A lot of time the employees would be on their phones when customers were in there shopping, or talking about inappropriate things and languages. They did not take customer service seriously. The product at the store did not last long either, the seams would start to become undone and holes in the clothes just from washing or drying them.
Not too great management and OK place to work
Cashier/Merch Flow (Former Employee) –  Durham, NCMay 16, 2018
Never received a raise and worked there for over a year and got paid minimum wage which is 7.25. The new manager who had came in did not really do her job and she was very strange. The hours got cut so I was working less than 20 hours a week. The management kept taking away and changing the discounts for us to use. I worked on the floor and in the backroom and never got a raise after I was moved from being a sales associate. At one point we really needed more employees and the manager never wanted to hire anybody.
Pros
Discounts while they lasted
Cons
Management, hours, pay, working environment
Great first job!
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Modesto, CAMay 15, 2018
It was a great job...sad I have to leave. They would give as many hours as you wanted. Very easy to trade shifts if needed. Employees where really good to work with, everyone pulled their own weight!
Pros
Managers where great!!
Cons
Short breaks
Its gone
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niles, OHMay 15, 2018
Never worked enough to know. I heard it closed down so yeah I don't know what more I seen wants to know. I only worked once a month and the place closed down.
Fun job, not the best management, not very flexible
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Strongsville, OHMay 15, 2018
I was in high school when I had this job, the manager knew I didn't have a car and that my mom would take me to and from work, she would still ask me to work until 11-11:30 on school nights. Asked me to travel over night to work a shift on black friday when I couldn't have gotten there since I did not have my own car.
Pros
Good co workers, breaks
Cons
Holidays
Sales Associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  OntarioMay 15, 2018
Aeropostale was a satisfactory first job. Breaks were scheduled before shifts started and we often had monthly meetings. However the store was quite messy and associated often had to stay up until an hour after closing to clean up.
Pros
scheduled breaks, chill staff
Cons
staying past closing
A somewhat decent first job experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLMay 15, 2018
It was somewhere where i was motivated to go.

They hired alot of worker so it mostly on-call shift, had to be competitive for hours.

I was able to leave my comfort zone in a sense so i am thankful for that opportunity.
Pros
Lunch breaks
Cons
Competitive hours
Absolute Amazing Place to Work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 14, 2018
Working for Aeropostale as a brand was truly one of my favorite places to work. They really focus on you and helping you achieve what you need as an employee and allowing you to be able to move up in the work industry.
Pros
Discounts
fun workplace while also productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAMay 13, 2018
Working at Aeropostale was a great learning experience since it was my first job. The management at the location I worked at was phenomenal at keeping the store going and productive.
Pros
Amazing staff
Cons
short breaks
Busy,fast paced
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMay 11, 2018
Typically I would help customers by suggesting clothing and accessories, or helping them find the right size. I also folded and arranged clothes on the racks and shelves. I learned a lot about customer service: how to approach them, identify their needs,and fulfill their needs. The managers were fun but very particular about meeting goals. They made us wear walkie-talkies with earphones and would often reprimand us and make us work harder. It was sort of useful because it trained me to always keep busy and stay alert. The workplace culture was busy and fast paced, but it was rewarding when we made the sales. The hardest part was meeting all the requirements for sales amounts, units per transaction, and conversion. The most enjoyable part was helping the customers.
Cons
Very strict and demanding managers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aeropostale. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight