Aeropostale Employee Reviews

41K
Found 2,940 reviews matching the search See all 3,156 reviews
Average job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Glendale, CAAugust 18, 2018
The upside of working here was the flexible hours and employee discount. Also, being my first job, I gained valuable skills that I can use for the future. One of my negative experiences while working here was dealing with a manager who would be insulting rather than give constructive criticism. One of the other managers was also at times unprofessional when it came to stressful situations and would take their stress out on me. Last of all, the hours were very little.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
Short hours
Productive and fun work environment
Cash Wrap Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Marcos, TXAugust 17, 2018
Fun work environment but need to hire more people. Management depends heavily on a few part time employees which can make it stressful for them. Could pay better.
wokr
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vero Beach, FLAugust 16, 2018
it was work but idk how to explain it cuz like it was ight but it wasnt good but it wasnt bad i hooked up with a few hotties from there so it was nice
Great Place to interact
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Nogales, AZAugust 14, 2018
Although Aeropostale was a high school job, I was quickly welcomed and part took as a team member. My hard work and ambition was recognized and got promoted at only two months working there. You build great communication skills from your daily interaction with strangers. Would completely recommend for people who enjoy problem solving, money management and interacting with customers.
Alright Company
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAAugust 14, 2018
It's alright.I wasn't so happy working here. I didn't get much hours and they weren't flexible with my schedule. I can say that the discounts were nice.
Coworkers are fun but the stress was killing.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saint George, UTAugust 14, 2018
I worked at Aeropostale while they declared bankruptcy. Because of that bankruptcy, there was huge liquidation and sell out sales. It was incredibly stressful trying to keep the store organized during that time, but otherwise it was a good job. I just didn't make enough money
Pros
fun coworkers, flexible hours
Cons
overwork
Great place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Abilene, TXAugust 14, 2018
I loved working here. Management was awesome and worked around my schedule with school. The people that work there are also amazing. Great place to work. Pay was decent. Hours were decent.
Aeropostale is a dull workspace with minimal benefits
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New York, NYAugust 14, 2018
A typical day at Aero includes working on the floor all day just to receive a thirty minute lunch break and lack of assistance from the people working the supply room.
good place to work
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Saugus, MAAugust 13, 2018
Learning experience was great, staff was great, alot of employees so hours was kind of tight. But most of all i liked it there. pay was minimum wage. manager was a little weird
I was had only one Season
Merchandise Associate I (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLAugust 12, 2018
I work at Aeropostale for about 7 months, and it just felt like I didn't fit in with the workers that worked there. They spoke different languages around me and made me feel unwanted but I will say this mostly came from the girls working at the time. Being at the Florida Mall I learned about adaptability with they many languages that came through the doors and problem solving, guest are always looking for some type of event that may be outdoors, and it was fun helping guest find what they wanted.
Pros
Mall employee discount in food court
Cons
workplace culture
Aeropostale focussing a lot on diversity and making sure that everyone one feels safe
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North Little Rock, ARAugust 10, 2018
In the Aeropostale that I worked at, they made sure to check us in (like the sales we are having and what our goals are for the day). They make sure to ask costumers if they need help finding anything. A good workplace.
Pros
Breaks, learning new people, and helping others
I enjoyed working there however it was difficult at times to align work/school schedules.
Sales associate/cashier (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 10, 2018
Overall working at Aero was a good start and I was trained very well in my position. At times we were allowed free reign over the store and allowed to work where we felt work needed to be done.
work/life balance
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEAugust 9, 2018
expected to work long hours without the pay
poor vacation/holiday time given
had to work alone the store at times for a couple of hours
poor motivation
learning to develop.
Aeropostale Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Woodlands, TXAugust 9, 2018
aeropostale was my first job, it teached me how to develop my shyness and be comfortable. it helped me communicate and help others.it also gave me many skills i never knew i had.
Good i guess
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fort Myers, FLAugust 8, 2018
It was good in some parts but, it was too many issues they had to work out. Other than that it was very fun working there, met new people and some old friends as well.
No Good
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Round Rock, TXAugust 8, 2018
I worked for this company for almost a year, the management was always changing. The other employees were very mean and no one does anything about it.
Fun place to work
SALES LEAD MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Cedar Park, TXAugust 8, 2018
management is not good, not organized at all, does not pay people enough for all that is required. fun environment most of the times, depending on management team.
Very relaxed
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winston-Salem, NCAugust 7, 2018
Fun and relaxed place to work for students who are seeking extra cash for themselves. Communication skills get better while working in Aeropostale and for the shy people they build on their confidence
Pros
Very relaxed and no hard labor
Cons
Usually only part time positions available
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDAugust 7, 2018
It was a wonderful work environment. Great coworkers very helpful. Managers were really down to earth. Pretty good money at the time. You have to be very aware.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks
poor work place
Cashier Specialist (Former Employee) –  Wellington, FL 33414August 6, 2018
Really not a good place to work at, the pay is not worth the work that you have to go through. A really big and messy place, late hours and inventory is your worst night mare. If you think about applying don't.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aeropostale. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

88out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Aeropostale.

Powered by Comparably