Aerotek

Found 16 reviews matching the searchSee all 11,717 reviews

Aerotek insights

Based on 2,564 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Great opportunity to develop professional skills

The company provides a very thorough training process, recruiter shadowing, half day training, and really helps you build your work ethic, fast paced work environment, leadership opportunity, etc.

You are replaceable

They look for fresh out of college kids who will do anything they are told. The average length recruiters last is 6 months. Expect 60-80 hrs a week. Working Saturdays is also not uncommon. They operate sort of like a cult, so expect to be asked to do unethical business practices or get fired.

Aerotek really pushes its employees to learn as much as possible. Offers a great mentor-ship program for career advancements as well as constructive criticism. Work hard play hard, Great people and culture to be a apart of

Aerotek Summary

Aerotek developed me as a business owner and leader. I have learned an abundance of skills that will continue to propel me throughout my career. I am truly grateful for Aerotek and what it has provided for me. My only concerns with future employees are a lack of work-life/ home-life balance and an at times political approach on employee advancement (as opposed to clear-cut standards and expectations).

Aerotek is a Greek life kind of envornment

I would not recommend working for Aerotek. They do not keep their promises and put you in a poor state of mind. The company has a lot of connections that you can use to your advantage.

Pros

Connections

Cons

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

Good Experience

Experience being able to use creative ways of reaching out to people for job openings in scientific, engineering, professional service and skilled trades field. Good atmosphere.

Great First Job

It is a great way to start of your professional career. The training is extensive and the culture is a great environment for your 1st job out of college. Work hard Play hard mentality

Pros

Great Salary to start from

Cons

Work/Life balance is sacrificed

Recruiter

Aerotek is a great company with a culture of competitive, money motivated young people. It is the definition of a "work hard, play hard" company. The company compensates well for young people coming out of school but if you have no interest in going into sales long term then there is very little opportunity for advancement in the company.

No work life balance

No work life balance, poor benefits package. Little to no career growth opportunities unless you want to be in sales. Not a conducive environment for working mothers.

Great Place to Start a Career

I am proud that I was able to begin my Career with Aerotek. I started without very much direction. I was trying to see what I wanted to do long term, and it introduced me to a world that I never even considered in college. It was a career that found me instead of the other way around. If I wanted to go into sales long term, I definitely would've remained there, but it just wasn't where I wanted to take my career.

Pros

Great People, Flexibility after putting in your time of course, great work environment and culture, there's never a dull moment.

Cons

Not a good long term fit for someone who doesn't have a passion for sales.

Great Experience

Good company to begin career and learn about the recruiting and staffing industry. Long hours and commitment to clients and quality of candidate come first.

No Comment

A typical work day depended on the Assignment given. I learned a variety of different skills through placement and training in various positions. Management was fair. My co-workers came from a variety of different backgrounds, and everyone seemed to work as a team at each position. The most enjoyable was meeting new people.

productive and fun work environment

Aerotek is a great place to work when you are just starting out of college. May be a better fit to grow with the company at a younger age.

Full cycle recruiting for clients in the Metro NYC area

 Implement full cycle recruitment strategies that include qualifying, sourcing, screening, negotiating, closing, and generating offers for direct placement, contract to hire, and contract requirements.  Work with hiring managers at healthcare, financial, and architecture companies to qualify requirements, negotiate pricing, and manage the performance of consultants/employees.  Develop unique sourcing strategies, such as Boolean Searches, Direct Sourcing, etc., within RWS (Applicant Tracking System), LinkedIn, CareerBuilder, Indeed, and other job search engines.  Thoroughly screen candidates by conducting phone and in-person interviews, reference checks, and also provide coaching throughout the client’s interview process.  Coordinate and schedule interview availability with both candidates and hiring managers.  On-board all candidates by initiating client specific pre-employment paperwork, drug screens, background checks, and trainings

Good company

Good company for professionals starting out. I worked there for 4 years and was overall very happy. I chose to leave because it is all a numbers game and I grew tired of playing the game,

Pros

Flexible schedule

Cons

Too numbers driven

Great place to work with terriffic management and opportunities to advance

I started out here as a recruiter staffing engineers, designers and technicians for the automotive industry. I was promoted to an account manager responsible for handling various Tier I and II automotive suppliers.I transferred to our Cleveland office once the economy took a turn for the worst (especially the auto industry in Detroit) and ended my Aerotek career there as a Sr. Recruiter.

Pros

Good pay, good commissions, great management, lots of opportunities to advance.

Cons

Long days, some micro management