Aetna, a CVS Health Company

Aetna, a CVS Health Company insights

Based on 1,619 survey responses
What people like
  • Clear sense of purpose
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • General feeling of work happiness

Flexible

The acquistion presented some challenging changes. COVID also had an impact on the work environment as we were not able to go out in the field and the job became strictly telephonic

Pros

Work/home environment

Cons

High turn over rate

Home based , productive, great team!

Aetna/CVS has come a long way for the Dallas area. I have a great team, flexibility, and the job is not stressful. We assist members with resource needs to ensure that they have successful overall medical/physical/behavior outcomes.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

New with sudden, unexpected changes to work requirements

High caseload

Only care about metrics. Not member focused as it should be. Managers play favorites. Listen and audit all calls. Very big brother and always watching you.

Pros

Cons

Always watching if you go idle

Love being a CM

4 years into working for Aetna, CVS Heath I can honestly say I still love what I do. I feel incredibly supported by upper management, a sense of belonging and team work, and I feel well-compensated compared to jobs with the same title and experience in my area. A couple of cons for me professionally have been lack of opportunity for leadership advancement (because no one wants to leave these positions), can be limited on learning new skills/information, ironically the insurance for employees is terrible.

Pros

Leadership, compensation, flexibility, teamwork, independence

Cons

Insurance, lack of leadership advancement positions

Decent place to work

Overall a decent place to work: good compensation (salary/yearly bonuses), good amount of PTO, benefits ok. Supervisors have too much control and are not monitored well enough. I have noticed a lot of changes since CVS took over- expectations are unobtainable… but I guess that’s what happens when a retail company buys a healthcare company. Ok benefits but could be better considering it’s an insurance company.

Pros

Fully remote, yearly bonus

Cons

Not much of work-life balance

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Help people considering your employer make a good choice.

Overall a great job

My direct manager makes this job bearable. There are always constant changes to workflow, goals. It’s a great job for people who want to work from home and don’t get bored easily, or maybe you’re looking for a change of pace.

Pros

Great pay, flexibility

Cons

So many changes

Terrible place to work

Just run, unless you’re a favorite or know the managers don’t bother working here’s. It really is terrible believe the reviews. Expect you to work hours on end. No guidance or proper training

Pros

Non

Cons

Flexible, easy to work with other employees

I enjoyed my time working at Aetna, they are very supportive of work life balance. The pay was good, and overall I loved working there. I was able to learn a lot from this company and my career with them. I gained valuable experience that has benefited me moving forward in my career. Great place to work!

No work/life balance

Case Manager for busy team. Management was not supportive at all. Job was focused to numbers and productivity over helping clients. Did not even feel like a nursing job. Had to work at least 12 hours a day to meet their needs. On top of that we had to get licensed in every state which was extremely time consuming and confusing.

Pros

Was able to work from home eventually

Cons

Poor management, lack of communication

Awesome company interested in personal well-being.

Continuing education required and meets standards for state requirements. Very supportive management with good training, encouragement and strength.

Pros

incredible benefits

Team building activities

When the merge took place benefits changed decreasing retirement match. Time off was decreased and you now have to have manager’s approval to schedule time off. The caseload was always more than a person could keep up with. Often times you would work longer just to stay on top of work. You did not receive overtime or time off for working past your 8 hr day. Co-workers were amazing, friendly and helpful. Upper management in some sections picked favorites. Benefits had ridiculous high deductibles before it paid anything.

Pros

Great teamwork and co-workers, Salary was average with usually a few percent increase each year.

Cons

Pay went from every two weeks to the 15th and 30th, management changed often, highly stressful, large caseload.

Overwhelming and stressful. High turnover.

As a nurse case manager, I spent every day in a constant state of urgency and anxiety. The case load is unrealistic and overwhelming. No matter how hard and how efficiently you worked, it was never enough.Orientation was a mess- no support at all. Manager only cared about numbers. She didn't care that her entire team was drowning.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Poor management. Unrealistic expectations.

Good work life balance

Provided sufficient compensation, generous PTO. Work from home was great. No job security, my position was eliminated; wished they would have transferred us

Interesting work, helpful people

Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Aetna, a CVS Health Company is fair.Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Aetna, a CVS Health Company are in line with similar wages, etc. as in comparable cases.Job security and advancementIn terms of job security at Aetna, a CVS Health Company, I think it is as dependable as most in the area.ManagementIn general, managers at Aetna, a CVS Health Company were helpful and fair.CultureCollaboration with my colleagues at Aetna, a CVS Health Company was good except the colleagues often come and go situations.OverallMy experience working at Aetna, a CVS Health Company was good for the most part.

Great Supervisors and flexibility

I left Aetna due to the needs of my family during the Corona Virus. I was very lucky to have a caring and down to earth supervisor. I always had support from my team and supervisor for any questions or needs. The job itself is a little boring and sometimes you feel like you don't get to help people as much as you would like being a nurse. Over all a good experience and I would return if I find myself wanting to go back to case management.

Pros

Flexibility

Cons

Sitting all day on the phone

Good team building, fair, honest coworkers

Co worker are good source for reference, great for team building.Too many patients assigned to allow for effective management of any. Coworkers were good reminders of company policies.

Pros

Relaxed work environment.

Cons

Management expectations and case load too high.

Aetna

Change is continuous. More focus on profit than patient care. While being there 5 years my manager changed more than 5 times. More focused on their goals over what works.

Great Culture Poor Training and Expectations

The culture of the company is great. It's very inclusive and diverse. On the other hand my training was absolutely horrible. They you train with preceptors that don't really want to train you because they're burned out and stressed or don't know how to train people and sometimes both. They sit you in front of a computer and basically just leave you on your own watching these technology based trainings that you won't even remember because you're not actually doing it in real time. . The paperwork is so extensive and overbearing. And the expectations are equally overbearing. The caseloads are way too heavy and even though the salary is pretty high it's really not when you work way past the hours that you are supposed to. They also expect you to obtain your own licensure in all the states even though they pay for it you have to do all the legwork. You have to do your own expense report. You have to attend all these meetings and get a hundred emails plus make these calls to members and keep up with turn around times or deadlines. It's really just too much. It feels like the work of three people sometimes....

Pros

Great Culture

Cons

Caseloads are heavy and very poor training and expectations.

Policies and Procedures

Company policies constantly change without notice which makes it difficult to effectively do your job, especially in the field of healthcare as a healthcare provider. Top heavy company full of disorganization.

Pros

Work/Life balance with telework

Cons

Poor Communication

My experience could have been better.

I was hired for the first group to work as case managers for the new Medicaid contract that Aetna had just won. I did not have any experience at all in this area. Things were not organized well but it was being built from the start with people with experience but not from Kansas. Also they were training groups in waves so once our training was done we had time to practice but there was no real direction given and at times several people would be telling you to do several different things. I am sure that they have worked out the problems. I just decided that it was not the right job for me because there was little contact with people and a high amount of time spent on the computer.

Pros

Great benefits and encouragement to live a healthy lifestyle with reward system

Cons

Management lack of agreement

Salaried RN Case Manager

The pay is Salary and the work is never all done. The working hours are supposed to begin at 8 am; however, I worked from 5 am till 5 sometimes 6 pm, 5 days a week in order to remain caught up.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aetna, a CVS Health Company. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

1.7K

Comparably
Diversity Score
Top 50%
In the Top 50% of similar size companies
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Aetna, a CVS Health Company.
Powered byComparably

Compare Aetna, a CVS Health Company with

Career recommendations for Registered Nurse Case Manager

Explore information on salaries, job satisfaction, skills and more

Popular locations for Registered Nurse Case Manager in US