Aetna Employee Reviews

Found 3,617 reviews matching the search See all 3,698 reviews
A great place to work
Senior Business Consultant/Manager, Clinical Serv (Current Employee) –  RemoteNovember 16, 2018
I love working for Aetna. My division was taken over in an acquisition which is the only reason I had to leave. Aetna has great training and development programs for management and leadership. They have lots of opportunities for growth.
Pros
Flexible work at home scheduling
Cons
Never a 40 hour work week
Contract Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXNovember 16, 2018
As contract work there is little chance you have option to move to full time permanent worker. The supervisor's are not engaged in working with teams, there is a need for more options for movement into another position. There is no real professional support to help you learn your job.
Pros
Free lunches given for working overtime
Cons
Need Real Hot Lunch instead for Eating from Trucks.
Work Experience at Aetna
Senior Developer (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 14, 2018
Aetna gave me very nice opportunity to work with expertise in Healthcare and various technical environments. I have handled windows and web application development projects using .Net 4.5 at Aetna.
Decent place to work
Business Consultant (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 14, 2018
They promote from within, so management style doesn't change. They do promote health and wellness, and offer a wide range of health incentives. The floor plans are frustrating. Seating is cubicle-style, but there are no walls, just windows, and the open floor plan offers no privacy. You cannot call clients without being heard by everyone passing by or sitting around you, which is also frustrating for the clients. The telecommute options are slim as well.
great team
Pharmacy tech in call center (Current Employee) –  Roswell, GANovember 13, 2018
they are an awesome team to work for it takes a lot of getting use to but once you pay attention in training it is a great job! Atypical work day i would say is awsome smooth day because management take care of their employees
Great place to work at
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 13, 2018
Normal pharmacy work. Spoke with medicaid and medicare. Assisted patients with their medication.
Very friendly and helpful environment
Manager, Quality Assurance (Former Employee) –  Fort Washington, PANovember 13, 2018
Aetna work environment was very supportive work environment to all there employees. I worked for Aetna for three years and the management was very helpful in times of need for the employees. I started out as a consultant and Aetna promoted me to a manager within three months.
Aetna was a great place to work
Claim Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDNovember 12, 2018
It was difficult at times to work within the large corporation and their decision to downsize on quick notice. However, I did enjoy the work and choose to related out of the state of ND.
Pros
supportive environment
Cons
stressful at times
Good Company Horrible Managers
Supervisor, Service Operations (Former Employee) –  Sunrise, FLNovember 12, 2018
Aetna is a great company or at least they have the intentions to be. Their problem is promoting people who do not have management skills. Yes someone who has put in years into a company deserves something but management is a big job and not everyone deserves that. When you have managers that do not understand the skills it takes to lead you create a mess. Their training isn't too well in some positions I have been in with them. I moved to different departments to see if I could get that real life values they say they hold and all were a no go. I made it a goal to get into Aetna at one point in my life due to their values but it was a dream.
Benefits
They paint a pretty picture
Senior Service Advocate (Current Employee) –  New Albany, OHNovember 12, 2018
Management tends to show a lot of favortism, does not work well with work/life balance, as a company they tend to screw memfbers on receiving benefits. Phone calls reviewed must score at least a 97.6% which is impossible on their scale no ever receives a bonus.
Pros
Cons
no pay increase, told of bonus but no one ever qualifies
OK - not great - work from home though
Information Security Engineer (Former Employee) –  RemoteNovember 12, 2018
Not a great place to work, not a terrible place to work. Layoffs are common unfortunately in the volatile insurance space. Work from home is...ok.

Management is very pushy. Far too many bosses and not enough leaders. Room for growth was lacking and career development can be up or down, depending on your department.

Mergers tend to make the job a bit anxiety driven. Two substantial layoffs in 2 years with the recent one being 50% of the department that was replaced by overseas contractors.
Distance
Customer Service Representative/ Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PANovember 11, 2018
Got caught in a snow storm. lived in West Philadelphia. Industrial area
dismissed all employees at 3pm it took me until 7pm just to get out of the parking lot. didn't get home on Route 76 until 11pm. Needless to say good thing I had just filled up my gas tank. Horrific experience.
Overworked
Director IT (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 11, 2018
the job was fun and challenging a few years ago. In the last few years we seem only to be concerned about the bottom line and not about our members and employees. I know that we raised the base pay to $16.00 per hour and that was great for those employees! In the skilled positions we have lost employees to other companies that are paying them better and we are not filling many of those roles causing more work to be done by less people.
Pros
profitable company, decent benefits package
Cons
work-life-ballance, Skilles postions underpaid, no promotions from within
Great benefits
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCNovember 10, 2018
Great benefits, great group of people to work with. I've learned a lot about health care within my 3 years of working there. The pay is great. My position is very hands on, and calls are back to back.
I learned a lot working for Aetna
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCNovember 10, 2018
We had a lot of fun. We worked hard and played hard. The supervisors were great. Sometimes I want to go back. It gives me great pleasure to help our customers. I learned about the insurance benefit industry. The work hours were Mon-Fri. We played Bingo got prizes, Christmas was great. Co-workers was great I met a lot of friends.
Pros
Manager, Prizes and bonuses
Cons
Take a while to get in another position
I had a lot of fun working at Aetna even if the job was competitive.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCNovember 10, 2018
Working for a major insurance company was challenging, but I met so many co-workers who helped me. My manager and peers shared wisdom from their job experiences. I was part of a team.
Overview
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CT 06103November 10, 2018
This was a temp job while I was searching for a permanent position. It was good but seemed very disorganized as to what I was supposed to be doing for them.
Unclear goals and direction during the day.
Pros
Was a job
Cons
Seemed Disorganized
Plan Sponsor Liaison (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCNovember 9, 2018
Great place to work with excellent benefits. Collaborative environment. Encourages volunteerism and teamwork. Ability to explore other career opportunities
Job
Director, Systems Engineering - Head of Data Base (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTNovember 9, 2018
Good company to work for. Led large organization and was given flexibility to run department without much interference. Received satisfaction from seeing employees succeed and I was able to help them succeed when they ran into roadblocks.
Billing
Billing Premium Consultant (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNNovember 9, 2018
Very pleased with the company and the opportunities available. Enjoyable, hard work but very filling. Billing for Medicare Supplement policyholders. Adhere to HIPPA and federal regulations.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aetna. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K
41.2K

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

68%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

75%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss