Aetna
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from Aetna:

Aetna Employee Reviews

You’re seeing reviews close to Ashburn, VA based on your current location
Not your desired location?
Choose a different one
Ashburn, VA30 reviews
A typical day at work would consist of a lot of customer communications, assisting members on their issues and following up with them and trying to resolved their concerns as soon as possible.
Assisting clients with benefits and dental offices with claims resolution.
Received Brand Writing Certification - offered by Aetna

Management was very supportive.

Workplace culture offers opportunities for advancement

Hardest part of the job was having to discipline an employee

Most enjoyable part of the job was company events for employees.
The Aetna culture is changing drastically and what matters to you such as work/life balance, compensation, job security really depends on where and who you are working for.
Wonderful company to work for, I would recommend. I would also recommend that the senior staff incorporates more with the whole company. It was great working there, ok environment, good people.
Diverse benefits such as medical, dental, vision, 401K, education reimbursement and voluntary options.

There has been lots of change with various acquisitions.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
I loved this job for the first 2 years. The benefits and the engagement, all of it was so amazing. Unfortunately the office i work in became a toxic environment due to unsavory employees. My bosses (I have 5) were the best bosses I've ever had. I want to find a new position and would like to leave because of the employees that I currently have to deal with on a daily basis. The work-life balance is amazing, the work is fulfilling, I would recommend this job. The only reason I want to leave is because I do not care for the people that I provide extra assistance too. Once you join this job, its a career for life, but for me I would like to find new opportunities with people I enjoy working with, spending imt with, especially since I spend 8+ hours a day at work and not at home.
Pros
Bosses
Cons
Co-Workers
Relaxing working atmosphere. Great and organize management. The least enjoyable part of working here is the short breaks employees have. Great workplace culture overall.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
No job security
Great autonomy to succeed and work from home. You can plow the time you would have spent commuting in to your work efforts. Executive leadership hires smart people and gives them the leeway to make decisions.
Sedentary work...would reccomend getting a gym membership. Overall I like the people I worked with. Some of the managers and Doctors were difficult to work with..but most were pleasant..
Aetna was the worst place to work. The management was very unprofessional. Management was no help to the employees, more considered with gossiping about fellow employees instead being help to the team. The only way to make a decent salary was to work everyday and weekend for overtime.
Pros
punching out for the day
Cons
salary and management (teamleads!!!!!)
Stressful work environment and little pay, they micro managed you, the work load is strenuous and you are forever working around the clock. Its the worst company to every work for
Pros
work form home
Cons
Micro management
This is a very fast pace business and the fact that the management does not know how to do what the employees do is crazy to me. Very poor management.
Company sold to Travelers insurance in 1994 . Started as an Insurance Rater , then to Underwriting , then trained as an Auto Appraiser. Spent my last 4 years as an Auto Appraiser working with wonderful people
Pros
training
Cons
sold company
Productive and great place to work, encourage employee participation in work and home life great hours. Work place culture was very good and all employees worked and communicated with each other.
Pros
work and envioroment was very good
Cons
limited upward promotions
Led efforts to Identify hundreds of Aetna members’ specific healthcare service issues, found solutions and implemented resolution while working with other departments. Collaborated with account managers team and acted as liaison between management and new clients to answer questions or concerns regarding company healthcare policies for international clients who are traveling abroad
Pros
flexibility
Cons
not good training
Large insurance company, good benefits, good culture overall. Not all managers at same level or aligned with culture
For employees good place to work, good salaries.
Pros
All over the states
Cons
Depending on the division and manager
Nice Place to work , close to home and transportation is near . Learning a lot of Dental duties first time in Dental dept. A lot of co-workers
Pros
Working
Cons
Calls all day
Positive daily work environment with all levels of coworkers. In person "one to one, phone and/or email" customer service experience with plan sponsor members.
Pros
Posotive work environment
Cons
Not enough career development training
Very enjoyable. Great concern for customers and employees alike.

Coworkers were from all walks of life but we were a team.

Everything about the job was enjoyable.
Pros
Benefits and staff
Cons
Can't complain
Fast-paced, positive peer and enriching workforce that does what it can to support and believe in your career goals that help serve those seeking affordable and quality healthcare. A company you can truly get behind.
Pros
Sales schedule flexibility
Cons
Sales fast paced demands
Working in a fast paced environment with not much supervision. Being part of a team that looks out for the team as a whole.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aetna. Our community is ready to answer.
1.6K
1.7K
1.1K
Women's ratings

3.1Fairygodboss Score

64%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

45%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.