Aetna Employee Reviews

Found 3,910 reviews matching the search See all 4,002 reviews
I enjoyed my time at Aetna
Care Management Associate (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 20, 2019
I would recommend this company as a great place to grow. Had my immediate supervisor been different I believe I would have stayed and continued my growth with the company.
Pros
Excellent company to work for with bonus incentives.
Cons
I had a terrible manager at the end. She made it a hostile place to work. The company was terrific.
The worst kind of corporate, micromanaged torture.
INTERNATIONAL DATA ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Hartford, CTMarch 20, 2019
Don't work at Aetna if you want to ever feel like you're making a positive difference in the world.

Anxiety-inducing, soul-crushing stress. Good pay, though.
Pros
Cheap health insurance as a benefit.
Cons
Constant monitoring, no private workspaces, strict adherence to inane metrics.
RN Case Manager and Member Analyst (Current Employee) –  Detroit MichiganMarch 20, 2019
The company minimized management prior to the CVS acquisition. To present as a streamline operation. Thus the AETNA management team delegated many responsibilities onto the case management team and auxiliary staff intended to support case managers, making the job load , productivity standards member services and work-life balance unrealistic. The measurable goals within a 40-50 hour work week was time studied with actual factual numbers and for a quality score a RN CM would have to work a minimum of 70 + hours to meet the baseline qualificatiions. Thus AETNA MICHIGAN MEDICAID CASE MANAGEMENT is an undesirable career position with the organization. With an honest eye and due respect and consideration AETNA has a wonderful upper management and seemingly an overall wonderful atmosphere and working ecosystem.
Pros
Top 100 Fortune Company since the aquisition by CVS.
Cons
STRUCTUAL and Middle Management flaws.
Nice people
Financial Planning and Analysis Consultant (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAMarch 20, 2019
Nice poeple.have lots to learn, paid fairly . Lots of career advancement, but not in customer service role. Sometime need to work with tight timeline with government requirements.
n/a
Medicare Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 20, 2019
Its an okay company to work for, if you are looking for complacency. Not much opportunity for growth. Pay is decent, not many raises given and when given are small.
Great working environment
Provider Network Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Largo, MDMarch 20, 2019
At Aetna. I stood up and dissolved at risk and full risk initiatives with Primary Care and multi specialty groups. I was instrumental in assisting with the implementation and management Radiology utilization initiative..
No longer employeed.
RN Field Case Manager (Former Employee) –  City of Sunrise, FLMarch 18, 2019
Management was receptive to associates. I only left this company as I moved to another area and their was not an opening. Aetna has some great training for employees and overs upward mobility.
Pros
Managers are available to guide their team.
Cons
Health insurance could be better. I prefer a copay versus 80/20.
Productive Work Enviroment
Quality Analyst (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 18, 2019
Great Place to work. Excellent Benefits . Management is ok. Excellent work from home benefits. Very Flexible with work home balance. People are very friendly.
Its ok
Inbound Que Associate (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 18, 2019
Fun place to work despite the pay. The work is over barring and you are not paid enough for it. The breaks are short for lunch. Also competition for days off.
The ability to come in on early hours helped while children were in school.
Special Case File Researcher (Former Employee) –  Rockford, ILMarch 18, 2019
I did the mail, the research for management for difficult accounts needing back ground. I took on additional job duties to learn all the possibilities of knowledge I could obtain.
Pros
the flexible hours and the friendly environment
Cons
not much advancement opportunities.
Good company
Director, Clinical Health Services (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OHMarch 17, 2019
Overall there is a high level of professionalism. If you are a go-getter there is a lot of opportunity for advancement. Employees are encouraged to develop themselves personally and professionally.
Field Sales
Medicare Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  Richfield, OHMarch 17, 2019
Aetna is generally a well-run, established organization. Many, many layers and big corporation tendencies that one would expect from a large insurance company.
Good place to work at
Patients Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 17, 2019
Its a good place to learn and grow, if you wish to work for aetna make sure you have a great work ethic and you are responsible and keep in mind , that the patients come first.
The manager makes the position work
PROGRAM MANAGER-MARKETING STRATEGY & OPERATIONS (Current Employee) –  Blue Bell, PAMarch 17, 2019
Through my tenure with the organization, due to the company structure changing I have had a number of managers. I have found that the saying of "you don't leave a job, you leave a manager" is very applicable here. Having someone that you feel supported by and held accountable to makes all the difference.
A fun place to work
SENIOR PHARMACIST MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMarch 16, 2019
Excellent management and a fun work environment. I loved every minute I worked there! Fast paced mail order pharmacy. Lots of fun activities sponsored by the Culture Committee.
Great place to work!
Service Advocate (Current Employee) –  High Point, NCMarch 15, 2019
Great place to work! The Aetna One Advocate program is a wonderful concept to engage our members and to help them take control of their health care journey. It allows you to service members and follow through on your commitment to help them attain better health.
Pros
Pay, benefits, not your normal call center atmosphere
Diverse and dynamic work environment
Healthcare Attorney (Former Employee) –  Walnut Creek, CAMarch 14, 2019
Aetna is a diverse and dynamic place to work with excellent employee benefits. The corporate culture really values ethics and integrity which most employees embody. The best part about working there was the camaraderie of other employees who are typically well educated, articulate, intelligent, and very ethical. There is alot of autonomy which can be good, but at times is not helpful if you want to advance your career. Salaries are not comparable to other companies. The company is short on real focus for helping employees advance their careers. You really have to manage it yourself. Expectations for performance are very high, and it is difficult to earn a five star rating for your performance bonus. It is important to take time for your own personal goals and tasks, because otherwise, it is very easy to get caught up in meeting everyone else's expectations (except yours!)
Great opportunity
Tenacious problem solver (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 13, 2019
Fast paced learning environment offering advancement in different avenues and departments Trained in excel, claims, medical coding and terminology, ICD 10, as well as health insurance benefits in an inbound call center
Knowledge in all MS Office including MS Word, CPT-4 coding, ICD-9 coding in addition to claims adjudication inquiry resolution processes and procedures
Watching everything you do
Health Concierge (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAMarch 13, 2019
Day to day aspects of the job is CSR, customer service. You are ranked and judged based on performance and punished for doing your job properly. Not a fun place to work.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Horrible management
Aetna Working Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZMarch 13, 2019
Its like being with family all staff is so accomodating and seemed to truly care about the customers as well as the staff. I made lifetime friends/family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aetna. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K
41.3K

Women's ratings

3.0Fairygodboss Score

62%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

75%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss