Aetna Employee Reviews

Great pay, but negative environment and ask the impossible to be completed
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Richfield, OHSeptember 22, 2018
Overworked, culture is negative. They ask you to do the impossible. Constant change. Calling members post discharge and pre-admission is enjoyable. But all the meetings and constant work flow changes get in the way of helping the members.
Age Discrimination , Job Elimination
WORKERS COMPENSATION CASE MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Buffalo, NYSeptember 22, 2018
Age Discrimination, Job Elimination . Illegal practices . There is nothing more to say about this company that I haven't already added. This company follows poor practices and has a history of same prior actions in past
Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  Blue Bell, PASeptember 21, 2018
Spent over 15 years at Aetna in the Blue Bell office. Good emphasis on work/life balance. Upper management below CEO changed frequently, so there were a lot of strategic resets, which is not unusual in the health insurance industry. Culture will change when the CVS deal goes through.
Pros
Good compensation and 401k
Cons
Health benefits not as good as you would expect being an employee of Aetna
Good company
Customer Service Concierge (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXSeptember 21, 2018
This was a good company to work for. People are awesome and the training is very good. Pay rate is good, schedules and hours are good to work with. Very good company.
I did not feel valued or appreciated in the end
OPERATIONS ANALYST (Former Employee) –  Sandy, UTSeptember 21, 2018
I did invoicing and data entry every day.
I did office and administrative work.

I did not really get additional training or opportunities for promotions or advancement.

I ended up quitting after 5 years because I did not feel valued or appreciated.

I was not fully satisfied with the benefits, but I was satisfied with my salary.

I enjoy this kind of work in an office setting.
The people
Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 21, 2018
The most enjoyable part of working at Aetna was the people I worked with. The management, hours and pay were horrible. Management picked their favorites.
Pros
Contests and parties
Cons
Short breaks and always under a watchful eye .. even in the restroom.
ip sorting
IP prior auth/CMA (Current Employee) –  Phoenix, AZSeptember 20, 2018
Everyday I would go to work giving 100% In everything that I do. Make sure my job was done correctly and accurately. We did a lot of cross training in the department, the bosses was always there to help in any way they could. We had many different cultures working there, which was nice. The job was pretty easy the hardest thing about the job well any job is learning it for the first time after that smooth process. I loved all the people and the job
Unqualified managers
Internal Sales (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNSeptember 20, 2018
Worst experience ever with direct manager. There were special treatment towards certain employees. There was targeted behavior reported to upper management and hr and nothing was done.
Pros
Competitive benefits work hours
Cons
Had more dignity and respect working with managers at McDonalds then working with managers at Aetna.
I actually didnt mind my job i liked it! It payed my bills and was a quick way to take care of my family
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Winchester, KYSeptember 20, 2018
What me and my girlfriend who works their also! Had aa problem with other employees not doing there job while the supervisor knew about it many times but did nothing about putting all the work on the working employees! We expressed this alot to many people but nothing ever happened!
Pros
Nobody over top of me i got to work at my own pace amd still got my job done
Cons
Nobody did watch the other employees, not doin anything which let them to literally sleep at work 10hrs a shift, or smoke weed with other employees, Just total disregard for the ones not working and complaning to the ones that are.
Na
Database Administrator (Former Employee) –  OhioSeptember 19, 2018
Aetna is a longstanding health insurance company that provides a multitude of different insurance plans, including health insurance available privately and through the health exchange, dental and vision plans, student insurance and international insurance. It can also provide supplemental insurances to augment your current plan, such as hospital or critical care plans.
Aetna Better Health of Ohio
Manager of Referrals (Former Employee) –  New Albany, OH 43054September 19, 2018
The business unit I worked in is a small part of Aetna. The senior management team is not managed by superiors, which leads to culture deterioration. The job I was hired for was great, then an additional department and 5 processes were added. Reports and audits were also added as well as evenings and weekends, There was no work life balance, all work.
Pros
Nice bonus
Cons
no work life balance
Fun place to work, nice people
Health Care Facilitator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 19, 2018
Worked as Care management associate in patient management. Working with nurses was great, and members were polite and appreciative of assistance that I provided them. They were members living in Alaska. This was the most enjoyable part of the job was communicating with the members. Especially if it made their day for those who needed a kind word or encouragement.
Pros
Clean spacious facility
Cons
Additional lunch times
Work From Home
Coventry Nurse Line NT24 (Current Employee) –  RemoteSeptember 19, 2018
Repetitive tasks, working from home. Wonderful experience but change in policies and management happen too often. Pros: Flexible schedule. Cons: management and compensation.
Pros
Work From Home, Flexible Schedule
Cons
New Management, Too Many Changes, Compensation
Great place... but little room for advancement
Health Concierge (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCSeptember 19, 2018
I loved working at Aetna. Great company, good pay and benefits but hard to move up. No one leaves so you get stuck in the same position. Very warm and friendly work environment.
Loved working here - great company
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYSeptember 18, 2018
I was the team lead of 4 assistants that serviced 20 sales representatives. I was the also the Executive Assistant to the District Manager with her 4 sales managers.
Great workspace
Customer Support Manager (Former Employee) –  3900 Rogers RoadSeptember 18, 2018
I enjoyed my time with Aetna,very enjoyable atmosphere, great team work as well. The culture there was one that was open and everyone was very friendly and easy to work with.
Management is 50/50
CLINICAL PHARMACY TECHNICIAN (FULL TIME) (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VASeptember 18, 2018
The management there was never on the same page. I was bullied and had to contact HR on multiple occasions. When they don't like you they don't like you. Period, point, blank.
No job security
Product Manager (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VASeptember 18, 2018
No job security, management is not transparent. Salary is very competitive. Obvious nepotism. Work at Home is a plus. Onboarding process is expeditious.
Just a number
Claims Benefit Specialist (Current Employee) –  TexasSeptember 18, 2018
Aetna strongly believes in its core values and mission when it comes to its members however the same standards aren’t true for employees. You are truly just a number and micromanaged beyond the norm.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Benefits, pay
Great, supportive coworkers
Utilization Management Nurse Consultant (Former Employee) –  High Point, NC 27265September 17, 2018
Hard to keep up with task list. Enjoyed being the only maternity utilization reviewer. Was impossible to transfer to maternity program. Good hours. Regular days.
Pros
Autonomy, coworkers, great hours.
Cons
Production, supervisor was very bad to work for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aetna. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K
41.2K

See reviews about

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

71out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Aetna.