Aetna Employee Reviews

Found 3,743 reviews matching the search See all 3,826 reviews
The hardest part of the job
Community Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 16, 2019
The hardest part of the job would have to be talking on the phone long periods and sitting at the computer for long periods of time. And also the breaks could of been long in my opinion.
Aetna was great company, The Hartford, not so much
Long-Term Disability Manager (Former Employee) –  Plantation, FLJanuary 16, 2019
Went from working with Aetna with a local manager and dedicated accounts to being transitioned to The Hartford, with a manager in Oregon and "Round-Robin" accounts. Having dedicated accounts allowed us to manage claims quickly and efficiently. It also afforded us the opportunity to develop relationships with our clients. After the transition, we lost several employees due to stress and the inability to keep up with the work load. Each client was contract specific and having no knowledge of the clients contracts that we were servicing, everything took entirely too long.
great place to work
Licensed Certified Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZJanuary 16, 2019
great team of employees. the company is a great company that gives you an opportunity to grow within the company or with other adventures outside of the company
Constantly changing job workflow
Field-Based Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 15, 2019
Environment is great...great supervisor and manager but training and daily workflow need help...long hours due to documentation and requirements ...........................................
Pros
Great group of people nice and helpful when they can
Cons
Training and workflow need improvement
Hours.
Health Concierge (Current Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 14, 2019
Aetna is a great place to work for. Great benefits. Just not so great hours. Schedules are constantly changing every month. As soon as I got used to my schedule, it would change again
Benefits
Cons
Short breaks, no schedule consistancy
Great Workpalce
Customer Service Lead (Former Employee) –  Arlington, TXJanuary 14, 2019
Great workplace be ready for call season thats about the only time its crazy however the team always makes sure we all have fun at the same time. great team builders and over all awesome company culture
A Day at Aetna
Health Concierge (Former Employee) –  High Point, NCJanuary 14, 2019
A typical day at Aetna included answering inbound calls regarding health and benefits for members. I learned alot of medical information and how benefits worked for members and employers. The management team was great. The workplace culture was normal as to be expected. The hardest part of job was meeting quota and allotted time to talk to members. The nature of job required research and sometimes the expectations were greater than reality based on members needs. The most enjoyable part of the job was assisting members with their benefits and how it could work for their specific need.
friendly and productive
Incident Management Support L-1 (Former Employee) –  Alpharetta, GAJanuary 14, 2019
Productive, set metrics to be met and extremely friendly. Great culture. with a diverse good staff. Unfortunately, my department was remotely managed which at times created issues. The hardest part to me was the language barrier with the various foreign accents.
Pros
extremely friendly, good culture
Cons
management was a little elusive at times
Good Management
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 14, 2019
The management at aetna in the Medicare department is great. They make sure that I am well taken care of as far as new working tasks come about. They are very good about giving thorough instructions on new projects.
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
terrible pay rate
Quality Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbia, SCJanuary 13, 2019
Very productive and encouraging work environment for team building. Really enjoyed working there. Daily motivation activities. Great culture and excellent supplemental benefits.
Pros
Great Culture and Employee Friendly
Cons
Laid-off after company merger with Coventry
Poor Management
Customer Service Representative Provider (Former Employee) –  Bismarck, NDJanuary 13, 2019
The training you receive does not really help you deal with the lack of support you need. Very stressful environment and the worst job I have ever had.
Pros
Getting off of work
Cons
pay, management
Aetna is a enjoyable place to work at
Recovery Savings Analyst (full-time) (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 12, 2019
A typical day working for Aetna is having you work already for you when you sign on so you can get started working on what you need to do for that day. Management is very helpful in getting what you need to do your job.
Aetna was a great company to work for
Enterprise Architect/Principle Architect (Current Employee) –  Hartford, CTJanuary 12, 2019
Aetna has a focus on their employees which was the biggest benefit. In addition Aetna is undergoing major transformation which sets them apart from other companies
Nice place to work
Health Benefits Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Newark, DEJanuary 11, 2019
fast-paced work environment; one needs to be results oriented; laid-back relaxed atmosphere; little or no chance of moving up the ladder; poor management;
Pros
relaxed environment
Cons
poor management
Not a good job
Glass Technician (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJanuary 11, 2019
I seen myself stuck at this job with no benifits,o worked really hard here,but it seemed as though it was a slave job,only one person got to move up here,no matter how hard you worked the results were the same, they care about nothing but there glass,and I wouldn't recommend no one to every work for this company
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
Good Temporary Job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 11, 2019
Excellent benefits but there is not really room to grow or move up.
The pay is competitive and schedules are bid on.
The add on incentives are also great.
Stressful, fast, and poor service
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 10, 2019
First off, the customer service is awful. The members call in and get bounced around then cuss you out because no one wants to help them or knows what they are doing. Aetna is a billion dollar company with billions in revenue, therefore upgrade your system.... why are they using 5 year old Internet that takes minutes to load one web page... !?!?!??????????? Also, we get docked points for not going on our breaks and lunch’s at the EXACT time... what am I suppose to do, say “Sorry, Ma’am, I have to go on break/lunch now so I can’t assist you or I could lose my job.” They promise you all these bonus’ and promotions, yet when you ask about it, they say that it only goes to the seniority reps. Now they are talking about freezing our pay with CVS... no, not a good company or environment. They force you to work overtime and if you don’t they hold that against you and say, well we will not promote you because you won’t work overtime. Sorry but for people who have multiple jobs trying to make a living, I can’t give you 2 extra hours a day plus 8-10 hours on saturdays.... The ONLY thing I love is the people, they are really nice. The work environment with your coworkers is basically like a family.
Pros
Great discount programs, nice coworkers
Cons
Poor technology and innovation, bad service
Return to work coordinator/customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Hazelwood, MOJanuary 10, 2019
Great place to work but has very poor job security and little room to move up in the company. Great benefits and options for healthcare plan. They match some on 401k.
Pros
Great company
Cons
Poor job security
Inefficient and political work environment
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  VirginiaJanuary 10, 2019
The amount of favoritism shown at this company is concerning. If you don't have a manager that understands the team and individual strengths your chances of advancing are low. Some managers do not have a degree but have worked for the company before some job descriptions were altered. Many job descriptions will note that a degree is preferred but equivalent work experience is accepted. The system usability is nonexistent. Few programs "talk" to one another so trying to get accurate/usable data is a challenge. There is no organization or communication when projects are given. Often an issue is recognized and there is a knee jerk response that provides a temporary fix to a much larger problem. Compared to other MCO's Aetna is way behind technologically and organizationally. The employee health insurance coverage has a very high deductible as well. The company gives individuals $400 in HSA money each year and offers ways to earn up to $500 more but the deductibles far exceed $900. Better than nothing but as an insurer you would think they would offer employees much better insurance or more HSA money.
Pros
Some telework positions
Cons
Very poor system utilization and overall communication
Great benefits not enough pay
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 10, 2019
Flexible schedule made getting to work great. Training class was long but not effective on the floor. The hardest part of working there was not having the tools to do my job to the best of my potential.
Pros
Flexible schedule. Close to home.
Cons
Pay is low.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aetna. Our community is ready to answer.

51.2K
41.3K

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.5InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight