AFC Urgent Care Employee Reviews

Management is all about them
XRay technician (Former Employee) –  Narberth, PAJune 14, 2018
The manager makes new policys as he or she seems fit. Hours are long. No cleaning service. Shoveling, landscaping, 5 days pto includes sick time and vacation. Manager tells everyone's business to othes. No raises, hardly any x Ray's so you do all 30 drug screens to yourself in one day. Registration forms need to be updated, they treat it more as family practice than an urgent care. Manager can be very hostile and likes to cause drama.
Pros
Doctors are great!
Cons
Poor management
Pathetic
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 12, 2018
This company is terrible , they chose to close the indianapolis Clinics without any warning to the staff, managment walked in and said were now closed take your belongings and go!
Nice management and staff
RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGIST/MA (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COMay 31, 2018
I worked there 3 yrs ago and liked the management and staff. They care about the patients and make sure everything is neat and stalked. They pay attention to needs and concerns of the staff.
great workplace with an at home feel.
Medical Asst. / Patient Advocate (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTMay 26, 2018
great place to work great environment to be around, everyone treats you like family, very clean center treats every patient as best as possible. takes most insurances and treats pediatric patients.
Positive workplace
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 18, 2018
Overall a good company to work for. Very family-like staff, friendly, and benefits were decent. Management could have been improved, but nonetheless great facility. The management really did care for their staff and tried to accommodate to their needs.
good place to work.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 15, 2018
I been working at afc for 1+ years. Overall i have a good experience working there. Coworkers are great and easy to get along with, and also very helpful when you have questions.
Pros
good management
Cons
no benefits
Avoid.
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 7, 2018
Management is all about the money, and not so much about the patients. Always kept short staffed and the rules change so often that nobody follows them. A lot of the providers behave abysmally toward lower ranked staff, and even patients. There's very little opportunity for advancement, and any advancement has to be constantly justified. Due to short staffing staff aren't held to the same expectations, so if your partners aren't that great, expect to get the opportunity to do their job too!
Pros
Free luch with good reviews, 3.5 days on/ 3.5 days off
Cons
No actual breaks possible, long hours, no opportuity for advancement
Fast Paced Urgent Care
Provider (Former Employee) –  TXMay 4, 2018
AFC was overall a decent place to work if you have a lot of energy and can sustain a fast paced environment day in and day out. They offered a good salary with 2 weeks of paid time off but no 401K or health/dental insurance.The patient load is often overwhelming and management always wants higher numbers. During flu season, my personal maximum number of patients seen in a 12 hour shift was 72 but my coworker saw even more than that!!!
Pros
Good compensation and new, clean facility
Cons
Very busy and management is lacking
Variarty
CMA (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMay 2, 2018
Even though patient care was provided the type of care varied unlike family practice care. This was an urgent care setting where sick or injured could be seen without having to go to the emergency room.
Productive workplace and staff are very close knit. It was my second family.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  West Springfield, MAApril 8, 2018
Upper mgmt: little regard for us “little guys”, even for the providers at times. Focus was money, views not always realistic from clinical perspective
Pros
They pay your insurance 100 percent for single plan, providers and coworkers are phenomenal
Cons
Poor management
Ok place to work
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Edgewater, MDApril 5, 2018
Some of the people there were nice. There is definelty favoritism in this location. Management was nice and so are the owners. Definelty a lot of 2 faced people there. If they don't like you they make sure to put any and all of your mistakes on blast and very loudly if they don't like you. A lot of jealousy in that place too.
Pros
Management is nice, pay
Cons
Favoritism
Harsh, unethical and beyond dangerous
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Methuen, MAMarch 24, 2018
I worked in Methuen and North Andover and the place is dangers to work for. People get turned away if they have MASSHEALTH w/out a holy family PCP! No one should be turned away. The problem is the owner!
Pros
If you from Merrimack College you will get in fast, You have to be from a curtain criteria, Staff is nice to one another but under a lot of stress if your not liked
Cons
Owner is rude and unprofessional, There are preferred people, Hard work is unseen, No confidentiality
Wonderful staff to work with
Urgent Care Physician Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waukesha, WIMarch 19, 2018
I love working at AFC. We have a strong staff and it feels like a true team oriented environment. I feel this is an environment in which everyone cares about providing the best care we can to our patients to leave them satisfied and coming back when they need us!
Enjoyable workplace
Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 3, 2018
AFC Urgent Care is a great place. If you enjoy a fast paced environment where the staff tend to thrive. I learned a lot while working here. I am truly grateful for the opportunity to have worked here.
Doctors are rude
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Midlothian, VADecember 22, 2017
Doctors are rude and upper management doesn’t care. The doctor will make employees cry and sabatoge their work to get them fired. They have let many people walk out. Patients are always nice here and great location.
Pros
Patients are nice
Worst urgent care
EMT, MA, SHIFT LEAD, TRAINNER (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 27, 2017
Such a bad work culture, owners are too worried about making more locations than staffing the locations they have. Hiring any and everyone which put patients in danger at times
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Owners, Mangement
Fun and interesting place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Cary, NCNovember 26, 2017
I like the urgent care setting it is different from any other job I've worked
You never know if its going to be a busy or slow day it changes within seconds but i love it The experience helps.
clinical and medical
CMA (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, TNNovember 13, 2017
I am not doing this part, I do not want to talk good nor bad about this company. I'm leaving for a rreason obviously.
not a bad place to work
manager was nice
Great staff, poor management and ownership
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Philadelphia, PANovember 12, 2017
I loved the job I did, the people I worked with, and taking care of the patients. You get a lot of experience.
Poor ownership/ management, they only care about making money, not about patient care.
You never have job security, you are easily replaced and hear this from management many times.
Hard to get coverage when needed, work short handed a lot.
You also are expected to scrub toilets, mop floors, weed, and trim hedges.
Pros
Great experience
Cons
No job security, poor management, lack of respect, scrubbing toilets/ weeding, leaves long hrs with not one meal break
X-Ray Technologist (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTOctober 30, 2017
Great place to work. Working with a lot of different people is nice. I have learned about patient care and insurance coverage. Culture is good. AFC provides some health benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AFC Urgent Care. Our community is ready to answer.