AFC Urgent Care Employee Reviews

Its a joke
X-Ray Technician/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXOctober 13, 2018
Poor Management all around, offers no benefits no help renewing certificates, just uses you And treats you bad, no learning and no growing. People here Do more talking then work and actually taking care of patient.
Cons
Great company to work for
LEAD PATIENT REP (Former Employee) –  Beaumont, TXSeptember 26, 2018
Fun and busy place to work, there is not much rom for advancement with out new or higher certifications, and or degree. Manager needs more consistency favors some and is much harder on others.
Wobderful place to work at.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Hartsdale, NYSeptember 24, 2018
This is a very nice and professional place to work at. All my coworkers were well educated and quit respectful to each other. I would recommend a quit visit to meet the staff.
Terrible Management
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Worcester, MAAugust 25, 2018
Terrible management lacking healthcare knowledge, micromanagment, playing employees against each other. This is a business owned company out for making a profit by any means necessary, even if that means submitting employees to a number of HIPAA violations on a regular basis. The pay is not worth the stress that this facility brings.
Cons
Management, HIPAA Violations, Pay
Easy, Repetitive Job
Medical Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  MassachusettsAugust 23, 2018
AFC is an okay part time job. Manager allows you to schedule work around other responsibilities. Work (e.g. drug screens, rooming patients, calling patients back) can get repetitive. Management is nice and will check in with staff but schedules staff long hours. Typically staff will work three 12 hr shifts to be full time. Position does not allow you to think independently and among support staff there is a general lack of understanding of medical terms/conditions. The hardest part of the job is the long work days and having to rely on the providers for constant direction. The most enjoyable part of the job is seeing the complex or unique medical cases.
Pros
Schedule flexibility
Cons
Short/no breaks, management
Great for additional training
cma (Current Employee) –  Lake Oswego, ORAugust 13, 2018
Typical day starts off slow or fast because they take appointments and walkins so patients ad up really fast. You do learn a lot here because they want you to be certified in the duties they need you to do.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
High stress little pay. Micromanaged at times.
PRIMARY CARE PHYSICIAN ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Bonita, CAAugust 9, 2018
Great place to work. Supportive staff. Flexible schedule. Low Stress work flow. Various locations to choose from which cuts the monotony. Easy to find a back up provider in case of emergency call out.
Poor Management
X-Ray Technician/Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mira Mesa, CAAugust 6, 2018
Management has got to be the killer of working at this company. So many times shady things go on and people brush it off and sweep it under the rug. Nothing ever gets addressed and there is favoritism.
Unfairly treated
Medical Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Boiling Springs, SCAugust 4, 2018
I only worked here for 3 months. They let me go because they said I wasn't a "good fit" for the company. The manager made a list of things I done wrong but never brought them to my attention so I could fix them and used them against me to let me go. This is unfair and certainly not a way to treat your employees. Never knew what attitude the manager would have when they came in.
Pros
Team work
Micromanagement
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Havertown, PAAugust 4, 2018
Every shift I worked we were short staffed which meant the X-ray tech became a full time receptionist. On hire I was told I would function as the X-ray tech and medical assistant to triage patients and could help the front desk if I wanted to.. but I became the front desk person and when X-rays were ordered, I had to wait to perform them Because you were short staffed, you couldn’t leave the desk unless the medical assistant was available to cover it which also meant little to no breaks, had to wait to use the restroom, etc..for 12+ hr shifts. Now I’m used to urgent care and know breaks are few and far between, but to have to wait long periods of time to even use the restroom was horrible. The owner is a micromanager and watches the multiple cameras from home and will call you and question you about things he sees, like a patient leaving for instance. He speaks to you like you don’t know how to do your job, even though I had been working as a supervisor in urgent care for 6 years. The establishment had great potential and I was so excited for my future there, but it was all talk from management unfortunately.
Cons
Little to no breaks, short staffed, no trust from management, no compensation
Patient Care Coordinator (Current Employee) –  West Islip, NYJuly 10, 2018
This by far has been the most amazing place I have worked at. The management treat you and the patients as if you were there own family. Everyone is super friendly and helpful. They pride themselves in making sure the patient and there employees are happy. Will continue to work here as long as I can.
Pros
Love the people i work with
Cons
not a good company to work for
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXJuly 6, 2018
AFC offers no health insurance nor paid time off, NOR DO THEY PAY TIME AND A HALF ON MAJOR HOLIDAYS! owners only care about making money, they don't care for their employees or patients.

however. it is a good experience to work for an urgent care. just not this one.
Pros
Management is all about them
XRay technician (Former Employee) –  Narberth, PAJune 14, 2018
The manager makes new policys as he or she seems fit. Hours are long. No cleaning service. Shoveling, landscaping, 5 days pto includes sick time and vacation. Manager tells everyone's business to othes. No raises, hardly any x Ray's so you do all 30 drug screens to yourself in one day. Registration forms need to be updated, they treat it more as family practice than an urgent care. Manager can be very hostile and likes to cause drama.
Pros
Doctors are great!
Cons
Poor management
Pathetic
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 12, 2018
This company is terrible , they chose to close the indianapolis Clinics without any warning to the staff, managment walked in and said were now closed take your belongings and go!
fast paced
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Britain, CTJune 1, 2018
It was a really fast paced environment, must staff are friendly and easy going. Variety of patients on a daily basis. Liked the work environment, working on your own is great.
Nice management and staff
RADIOLOGIC TECHNOLOGIST/MA (Former Employee) –  Centennial, COMay 31, 2018
I worked there 3 yrs ago and liked the management and staff. They care about the patients and make sure everything is neat and stalked. They pay attention to needs and concerns of the staff.
great workplace with an at home feel.
Medical Asst. / Patient Advocate (Former Employee) –  New Britain, CTMay 26, 2018
great place to work great environment to be around, everyone treats you like family, very clean center treats every patient as best as possible. takes most insurances and treats pediatric patients.
Positive workplace
Radiologic Technologist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEMay 18, 2018
Overall a good company to work for. Very family-like staff, friendly, and benefits were decent. Management could have been improved, but nonetheless great facility. The management really did care for their staff and tried to accommodate to their needs.
good place to work.
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAMay 15, 2018
I been working at afc for 1+ years. Overall i have a good experience working there. Coworkers are great and easy to get along with, and also very helpful when you have questions.
Pros
good management
Cons
no benefits
Avoid.
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 7, 2018
Management is all about the money, and not so much about the patients. Always kept short staffed and the rules change so often that nobody follows them. A lot of the providers behave abysmally toward lower ranked staff, and even patients. There's very little opportunity for advancement, and any advancement has to be constantly justified. Due to short staffing staff aren't held to the same expectations, so if your partners aren't that great, expect to get the opportunity to do their job too!
Pros
Free luch with good reviews, 3.5 days on/ 3.5 days off
Cons
No actual breaks possible, long hours, no opportuity for advancement

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AFC Urgent Care. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about