AFC Urgent Care Culture reviews

Wobderful place to work at.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Hartsdale, NYSeptember 24, 2018
This is a very nice and professional place to work at. All my coworkers were well educated and quit respectful to each other. I would recommend a quit visit to meet the staff.
Worst urgent care
EMT, MA, SHIFT LEAD, TRAINNER (Former Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 27, 2017
Such a bad work culture, owners are too worried about making more locations than staffing the locations they have. Hiring any and everyone which put patients in danger at times
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Owners, Mangement
X-Ray Technologist (Current Employee) –  Bridgeport, CTOctober 30, 2017
Great place to work. Working with a lot of different people is nice. I have learned about patient care and insurance coverage. Culture is good. AFC provides some health benefits.
Fast paced, great team members, opportunity for growth
X-ray tech (Current Employee) –  Easley, SCSeptember 30, 2017
Fast paced environment with different patients and ailments everyday. You never know what might come in the door. All of the doctors and nurse practitioners give great care and are enjoyable to work with. Most of the other coworkers are great as well and we all work together as a team. Management is good and understands that you have a family and a life outside of work. The owners of the Easley and powdersville locations seem to really care about you as a person. They provided lunch for all employees for our 1 year anniversary of being open. They also remember my name and ask me about my daughter every time I see them.

They promote from within the company. So there is a lot of room for advancement. Everything is very organized and orderly. You will be given logins and passwords for all computer programs pertaining to work. You will also have scrubs provided and ready for you before your first day of work. Pay is very competitive and benefits are reasonable.

All lab equipment is best of the best and easy to operate. X-ray equipment is digital and very user friendly.

The only room for improvement that I see with afc is that there needs to be more training or a better training process. I have felt like I was just kind of thrown in there when it comes to some things. And then when I have made a mistake and been corrected on it, I've had the thought that if I had been trained more in this area then I would not have made the mistake in the first place.

Overall, I love working for afc and I plan on being with this company for years to come. I've worked for other urgent
  more... cares in the past and afc is by far the best!  less
Pros
Great pay, good coworkers, good management
Cons
12 hour shifts, not always getting off on time, not having the best training when first hired, needing more detailed and in depth training before being put on your own
Great work-life balance!
Assistant (Current Employee) –  Greenville, SCSeptember 19, 2017
The AFC Urgent Care owners in Upstate SC appreciate hard work and understand work-life balance. Center administrators are awesome people who don't ask you to do something they wouldn't do themselves. Truly a player-coach environment!
Medical Scribe /Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYSeptember 3, 2017
The management creates a poor working undesirable work environment. The culture is no poor. the most enjoyable part of the job is working with great fellow employees
Cons
no breaks
All the employees is the plus
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bronx, NYJuly 27, 2017
The staff at AFC are really as one and work amazing together to accomplish there overall goals. The educated and highly motivated to see the patient is overall satisfied with there care while at the facility.
Fun workplace
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 26, 2017
This is great place to start working you get to have more experiences. I learned how to remove stitches and MEBA Physicals. Hardest part of this job is getting to learned how to work in EMR only if you're not familiar to it.
Cons
Don't offer Benefits
Great place
Physician Assistant-Certified (Current Employee) –  Denver, COMay 18, 2017
Great experience, good pay, job security, good benefits, flexible hours, great coworkers, beautiful facility, good EMR, awesome EMR trainer (me), career building
Pros
Job security, fulfillment, benefits
Cons
Few breaks, very fast paced
Great atmospher
Radiologic Technologist (Current Employee) –  Simpsonville, SCMarch 30, 2017
Nice and clean facility with great staff and everyone gets along with each other. Great providers and very pleasant to work with. Enjoy worker with the facility and close to home.
great place to work
Medical Assistant Externship (Former Employee) –  East Meadow, NYFebruary 22, 2017
great place to work!The place is so clean, the people are so friendly they make you feel comfortable from the minute you walk in
Great place to work positive team players -
Medical Assistant/Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Watertown, MANovember 13, 2016
Great staff
Great employees
Very organized facility
Team work / leaders

Working at this company has been great wouldn't want to leave just a bit to far for my commute
Pros
Great working environment
Cons
Short breaks
Awesome place to work
LSRT/MA (Current Employee) –  Denver, CONovember 9, 2016
Great co-workers, very busy place, very fast environment . I learned to be a manager, handle people complains, inventory, and ordering supply's.
Pros
free lunches