AFD Petroleum logo

Areas for improvement
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Support from manager

Management depends on the techs for all knowledge about the job

Highly unstable company to work for usually lies to employees about jobs, management would rather use employees that had to travel up to 5 hours just to get to the shop over the employees who actually lived in the area.

Pros

It’s a job and you’re not in the unemployment office

Cons

Overall a really stressful job

Good vompany

A good company to work for in the oilfield. Offic people were professional and courteous and company was good when time off was needed. Office closed when oil prices fell

Stay Away From This Place! Worst Company Ever!

Owners don’t care about employees. Managers and supervisors that they recently hired don’t know anything about the West Texas oil field. They are only there for a paycheck. Drivers were the only ones making money for the company and they took away our per diem and bonuses. Newly hired manager made a comment that the company had become to employee friendly. How pathetic is that

Good place to start without oilfield experince

Great place to start off in the oilfields but there are better jobs out there. The pay was good but the OT was on the low end. They hired me without any oilfield experience.

Cons

hourly rate and overtime

Unfairly treat black and white ppl

The upper people give hours on fracs to their partners(Mexican's). Then want other people to work the yard with 30 hours cap, the other 10 hours file on unemployment.

Do you enjoy working at your company?

Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.

Good company but they don’t have steady contracts

This is a great company, the supervisors are great. I can tell this company don’t get steady oil rig work. They treat rig work like it’s a privilege. I signed up to work on the rig not the yard. If there is no contract for the rig everyone has to work on the yard mon-fri from 7am-6pm. I don’t like that. If this company got steady contracts it would be the best company ever. It’s just I’m 8 hours from home I can’t come to West Texas for $1100 every 2 weeks.

Pros

Great company, great benefits

Cons

They don’t get contracts too often

Dont plan on leaving! LOVE IT

Good place to work. There is a lot of restructuring and that is why we have turn over but we have a goal to where we are wanting to get to and we are looking for the right people to get us there.

Pros

Pay

Cons

Drive

This is not a good place to work at . They lie and do They’re employees all types of way . Find a different fuel company to go too but not this one . I promise you .

No comradery, hard to get close to other employees, nothing to promote ‘team’ dynamics or friendly environment

It’s a revolving door, people come and go, guys are terminated, no training whatsoever for positions. Controller in Canada has no idea of the oil and gas industry in US, manager thinks he knows everything about anything or he knows someone who does :-/ the disturbing part is he knows NOTHING about the people who work for him Wonky way to run a business. Thirty mile commute for most with no compensation for mileage or extra time for lunch.

Pros

I had an awesome boss till they took us away from this person. Then the man or men that took over totally just screwed up productivity, moral, and just all around work environment. The men that took over couldn't find a balance between what they think they knew about the job they took over from what they actually knew. They should of stayed doing their job and it would of all worked out. They went from 15-20 transport drivers to 5 within months. And all because of poor management and structure.

Pros

pay

Cons

management

Jobs at AFD Petroleum

See more jobs

Good

Good place. trucks are yellow and very visible. Manager is great and tries to work with all of the staff. Hours are easy to get. Equipment in good shape.

Very Stressful

If you want to be in micromanagement position this is the job for any position that you apply, supervisors will throw you under the bus because they think they know everything and you never do things right but instead, help you and couch you in order for you to succeed they will turn around and make you look bad. good luck if you want to work under this management. drivers are quitting because of upper management and they do not care.

AFD is a great place to work! The people are understanding, the work environment is decent. The hardest part of the job is the driver and location. If i had to change one thing, the location would be it!

Very Stressful and Demanding for little pay

Upper management speeks to employees in a very poor manner, does not let manager/supervisors do their job or give full explanation of their duties VP speeks very poorly of all employee!

Pros

Office personel work very hard

Cons

Poor work environment

Productive have to be aware

AFD is a fueling company for the frac companies. Have to be a hard worker no laziness. Send levels every two hours. Check fuel levels in the unit an 18k fuel tank to dispatch. Watch out for slip, trips, an falls. Also over head loads. Based on cost AFD charges to much for unit to sit at a location when unused causing us to lose contracts with companies. Need to compete with the competition.

Pros

A good learning experience

Cons

Unsure were or when we will start another location.

bad management

they offer lots of hours per day but have a the week set up so you get minimal overtime even though you are working four days on and four days off. overall its good place to work but didnt serve my purposes.

unstable and hostile working environment & unreasonable work schedule

This company made big promises but had no follow through. The work environment is horrible for all employees from the office to the shop and drivers. They expect you to put work before anything including your family.