Affiliated Monitoring Employee Reviews

Solid place to work
Monitoring Specialist (Former Employee) –  Union, NJNovember 12, 2018
It's not the worlds best job but it's a good one. Friendly co-workers. Management is helpful. I think the pay is fairly good. There's a lot of moving parts to learn but it's a place I'd suggest to people looking for employment
No comment
Driver shuttle and warehouse (Current Employee) –  Union, NJNovember 9, 2018
Not the dream job stay in school take time you ain't missing something here they use a temp agency that never answers phone calls or messages when you have questions . Work ethics good days and bad.The owner constantly changing things.I don't like dealing with agency's. So I'm trying to get out
Pros and Cons
Monitoring Agent (Current Employee) –  Union, NJOctober 28, 2018
Affiliated and the personnel that work for the company are top notch. Ownership, however, does not feel that honesty is the best policy. Which is a real shame for the people who seek answers.
They do not care about their employees
Data Entry Specialist (Former Employee) –  Union, NJOctober 10, 2018
There are some very nice people and there are people that suck, like every job, but the employees aren't the problem. Management sucks. They give you a hard time of directions that they do not know how to fully explain so a lot of what you do is "wrong" Hard to get overtime. Pay is nice but not worth the stress.
Nothing much to say
Dealer Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Union, NJSeptember 25, 2018
This is just a job, not a career choice. There is no real room for growth at this company. I would only recommend this job if you are looking for consistent pay. Be prepared to drive in any weather conditions or get marked for missing a shift.
I would not suggest working here
Dispatcher/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Union, NJAugust 17, 2018
The job started out great. I was excited for the opportunity and the work seemed exciting as well. Unfortunately you CANNOT advance unless you are making friends with management. I had seen better candidates get passed up for promotions all the time including myself and the position would go to a lower performenr who was obviously tight with the bosses.

The pay is way too low for the area we live in. The raises are small and dont seem to be based on performance. Affiliated has a hard time keeping employees. They are always hiring! that should be a good indication to the leadership that something is wrong!
Pros
Decent training, benefits and location
Cons
poor leadership, favoritism, low pay
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Union, NJJuly 15, 2018
i love working there. training is excellent... i should have stayed left for another worst mistake ever.... i wish i could go back...overtime is optional
Pros
na
Cons
na
Be careful
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Union, NJJune 22, 2018
Work here at your own risk. The pay is good but do not expect to make a career out of this place. Call centers are known for the high turn over rate. Treat this job like an in between/ temporary job and keep it pushing. This is also a good job for college students who need something part time. They’ll work with your schedule.
Pros
Company events, good performance incentives, paid vacation and personal time, good differential pay on the overnight, overtime continuously available, informative training
Cons
Cut throat job, short breaks, difficult interviewing process(IF you get an interview) bad 401k plan
It is ok for what it is.
Monitoring Specialist (Former Employee) –  Union, NJMay 15, 2018
Management needs to be more in order. It seems like there's more cheifs than Indians and the chiefs can't do anything because in all actuality they are still only Indians.
Job Stability
Monitoring Specialist (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 5, 2018
This job is cool. You get a guaranteed 40 hours every week if you are part time and you never have to worry about not knowing what time or days you have to work. Its very repetitive so its easy to learn and most of the people who work here are hardworking and fun to be around as a whole and very professional. We also get paid every week so thats a plus as well.
Pros
Consistent scheduling, weekly pay
Cons
Short lunch
It's a job with a weekly paycheck
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Union, NJFebruary 20, 2018
Chaos and not worth working here. Company is growing but the money does not go towards employees. The morale is low and most people here are stressed over worked. Management cares more about the appearance of their gorgeous building and less about promoting and taking care of their employees. Ah, but they do take care of "certain" employees.

A few great co-workers!
Pros
Weekly pay, Benefits, 401K
Cons
Management micromanages
Affiliated Monitoring - Houston, TX
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 8, 2017
Having worked for this location for 10+ years, I can truly say this is my home away from home. The people here at Affiliated-Houston are hardworking and very caring individuals.

Our Houston location has gone through substantial changes this past year from remodeling the building, growing the number of operators by twice its size, re-structuring/simplifying procedures to modernizing the technology used by all of our employees.

The turnaround for this location is minimal and nearly half the employees have been here for 8+ years. All the Management Team here have all started from the bottom so they can relate to any new hire concerns. As with any company, strict policies are in place however Management is considerate of every employee, new or old, and are willing to assist with any issue that may arise.

The most enjoyable part of my job is coming to work and being around my second family. Nothing beats the work environment this location provides and I hope to stay here for many more years.
Pros
Benefits, Employee Discounts, Caring Co-Workers, Management Team
Cons
Short Lunch
If you don't want to work then this job is not for you
Monitoring Specialist (Current Employee) –  Union, NJDecember 3, 2017
No phones out on the floor, there are cameras every where. It's a security conscious job. If you're on your phone and an alarm comes in....someone's life could be potentially in danger.

Just put the phone down.
Pros
Great benefits, holiday pay, storm pay
Cons
30 minute lunch
Not pleased!!!
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  NJOctober 30, 2017
It is any easy job but management makes it more stressful than it needs to be. There is way to much favoritism and it makes some of us not want to work. Many times I come in feeling sad and just wanting my shift to be over.
this place just keeps getting worse...
Operator (Current Employee) –  Union, NJSeptember 6, 2017
When I first started working here, it seemed great. Fun and fast paced. As time has gone on, it has become unbearable. We are so understaffed that everyone constantly seems stressed. They are so hard on you for attendance because there are never enough staff ,even if everyone did show up. The fact is that I have only been sick a few times resulting in a a few call outs over the past 2 years. You would think that I called out all of the time with the way I was treated. There are supervisors that call out all the time and then want to lecture you when you do just once.
Pros
The customer interaction is by far the bast part of the job.
Cons
unqualified management, low pay, chronic understaffing
poorly managed
Monitoring Specialist (Current Employee) –  Union, NJSeptember 5, 2017
This is a good job and something I actually enjoy. The problem is that the management for this company makes working here unbearable. The executives need to get a clue and clean house. If you want to keep good employees then you need to treat them better.
Pros
company events, co workers, benefits
Cons
Understaffed, poorly managed, low morale
Not worth it
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Union, NJAugust 25, 2017
I would not recommend this job. It is an interesting line of work but doing this for more that a few months will most certainly burn you out. We are always understaffed and the pay is too low for the expectation they have for you.
Pros
It's a job, benefits
Cons
Management has poor attitudes towards their employees
Poor management
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Union, NJAugust 24, 2017
This place could be a good company to work for. They do throw us parties and have nice incentive programs. The problem is that there is poor management, at least in my department which is the bulk of the staff.. I would suggest investing more in to training supervisors and maybe raise the pay so we can keep some of the good people.
Pros
incentives, parties, raffles
Cons
Poorly managed, negative co workers, out of control attrition.
Bad decision
dispatcher (Former Employee) –  union, njAugust 23, 2017
I took this job truly hoping it would turn into a career for me. This building is nice so first impressions were good. My numbers were good and I rarely made mistakes. However, I felt that it was not good enough. I apparently needed to make more of an effort in befriending my supervisors. I left to go to another customer service job and I couldnt be happier. The work environment isnt nearly as flashy but at least I dont hate going to work in the morning anymore.
Pros
Nice building, benefits are ok
Cons
Low pay, short breaks, understaffed
great experiance
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 29, 2017
all pros no cons the best place ive ever worked at so calm and laid back no promblems co workers are awesome and they feel like family great company to work at
Pros
all pros
Cons
no cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Affiliated Monitoring. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6