Affinion Group Employee Reviews

Expect you to live there
Fullfillment Associate (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHSeptember 2, 2018
When I worked there they had just moved from Tennessee and everything was so unorganized they made it seem like if you wanted to go home at the end of the day you were a bad person expect you to work 13 to 15 hr days they had employees from Tennessee that came to train and all they did was,talk about people and push the training off on some one else for 12.50 an hr what a joke .
Pros
Nice cafeteria and free lunches
Cons
Pay was low, expected to work from 6am till 10 or 11pm
Flexible Environment
Senior Analyst, IT Telecom Billing (Current Employee) –  Stamford, CTAugust 9, 2018
I work with a wonderful team that is supportive of each other on a daily basis both professionally and personally. I have the flexibility to work from home as well as flexible hours as needed.
Great company to work for
Project Analyst (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNAugust 9, 2018
Affinion is a great plce to work and their benefits are awesome. I loved my job and I worked there over 17 years. I would still be working at Affinion if they hadn't restructured and eliminated my position.
Pros
Option of working from home 1 day a week
Cons
I had to drive 84 miles round trip a day to get to the office
productive
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  City of Franklin, TNAugust 6, 2018
Fulfillment of gift cards, inventory, cycle count, job tickets, printing, ,outbound and inbound packing, pull jack, oracle and access. I loved everything about this job. I hated that it ended
Pros
Teamwork all around
Cons
n/a
Like leaving a family
Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNAugust 2, 2018
As a large corporation Affinion is not without politics and drama, but I can honestly say I loved my job and I love the people I worked with. The Franklin, TN location in particular has a real family feeling. We were able to work with the other offices as well and typically built up strong relationships. It's a good place to work, people help each other out, rarely do you ever hear "It's not my job". Leaving was difficult and I can honestly say I would probably not hesitate to go back.
Pros
Great culture, frequent town hall meetings, time off with pay for volunteer work, bagel Friday's, extensive training library available, profit sharing, casual friendly atmosphere overall
Cons
Very lean environment means few hands do a lot of work.
worktime at affinion
Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHAugust 1, 2018
I haven't worked this job in years but I do remember it being so hard to sale customer this membership and getting them to actually keep it. the pay was pretty good for the age I was but the company was scamming to me.
Pros
flex schedule
Cons
sales was hard to do for this particular company
Don’t work there
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNJuly 5, 2018
Worst employment I had managers only treat you with respect if you’re in their group. There is so much politics and if they want you out of your role they will do anything they want to get rid of you. There’s no team environment and everyone has to look out for yourself. Reviews are a joke and upper management doesn’t care about bonus you may or may not decide each year. Exit interview was a joke. It sure why they’re even done because nothing comes of it. Make sure to be buddy’s with your managers and do whatever is expected or just find another company to work doe that will respect you.
Challenging place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 26, 2018
company that offers good benefits , however it is the most stressfull job I hve ever worked at . It more diverse and the best job if you are looking for an entry level position
Pros
Best Benefits
Cons
stressful
Great job but time to move on.
Claims Processor (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHJune 19, 2018
It's hard for me to speak for others as I held one of the more desirable jobs in the company from a "worker bee" perspective. A typical day for me would begin by checking my email, followed by processing claims and then call backs in the afternoon to address customer inquiries and/or complaints. I was also required to work with upper management for a number of job related duties such as tracking customer issues. One of the best things about the job was the mentorship program that would allow you to work several hours a week in order to learn new skills and advance within the company. I
Benefits
Cons
Not enough opportunities to advance
Great placeI enjoyed working here
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTJune 3, 2018
Great place to work. I enjoyed the varied work load in my position. I felt that the work was reasonably challenging for me. I would recommend working there to others.
Hard to pinpoint so mixed review.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTMay 22, 2018
It was a constant challenge to keep moral up in our department and it was like this on everyday phone calls to other parts of the company. The few colleagues who had the "glass half full" spirit were a joy to work with. As a multitasker, being expected to do the job of multiple employees was rewarding, but that's not for everyone. For the most part, the Directors and VP's in our division were very down to earth, and great to work for.
Pros
day prior to holidays are a half day, good health, visual, and dental coverage
Cons
high employee turnover, low moral, unexpected loss of jobs
This job was nothing special
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHMay 16, 2018
I liked working at Affiniom. The pay wasn’t bad & the hours were what I wanted. There were just a lot of unprofessional things going on there which is why I had to leave. It reminded me of high school. A bunch of young ppl who don’t take their job seriously & my trainer was hitting on me! He went as far as messaging my friends to take me on a date. He was eventually fired for sending inappropriate pictures of himself to different women at the job. See? Unprofessional.
Fun work place
Credit card protection Agent (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OHMay 15, 2018
Very accepting environment with so much to teach and learn, the hardest part of the job is is not being able to help a customer in a bad situation. The most enjoyable part is making the clients happy and getting along wit fellow co=workers
office closed
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTMay 10, 2018
Provides customer service and website direction with members either over the phone or through email communication. Assistance in settling billing issues for members accounts while also providing assistance with login credentials while maintaining security protocols for automated security procedures and supports core policies as mandated by standard SOP for the company. Also, fulfilling customer's order placement either online or over the phone for the company's shopping products while handling and safeguarding customers sensitive information.

Stressful at first, but then you get used to it.
They are no longer in business.
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNMay 4, 2018
The production center is no longer in business in Franklin, TN. I no longer work there. so there is nothing more I can say about the company. They still have there offices in Franklin.
Was ok to work.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTApril 19, 2018
This was a call center for complaints. Job was outsourced. Affinion is still in business in Stamford, I cannot travel that far. Otherwise the company is very good to work for.
Pros
Good pay & vacation time.
Cons
None at this time.
Affinion
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 15, 2018
Call center, a very young place to work. Have not worked there in a while so it is hard to say if the job is even still the same way. The nice thing about the job is that you have a nice lunchroom.
Views
HR Specialist,Team Lead, Claim Specialist,QA (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OHApril 10, 2018
Typical workday was enjoyable based off of the type of people you are around every day. Working together to complete the overall objective was very enjoyable. During my duration with the company I had an opportunity to learn everything within the company, starting at the entry level all the way up to exempt. As far as management goes, I feel that was the greatest challenge within the company. You would have those managers who knew everything about the business and was great at there jobs. Sadly, those managers who you would scratch your head and try to figure out how they even got the job. The atmosphere was very pleasant, again based off of those that you were surrounded with. It’s some great people that work for the company. The greatest challenge that I endured while working with the company, I would say it was conducting exit interviews. Firing someone is never enjoyable. The most enjoyable part of the job I was being tasked with many different roles within the company. Being there for seven years, I had the opportunity of wearing many different hats with in the company all enjoyable, and a new learning experience for myself.
Pros
Learning new things, & the responsibilities of the HR department
Cons
Exit interviews
A nice place to work
Senior Legal Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNMarch 21, 2018
I enjoy working for Affinion Group. The company is focused and growing in the correct directions. The work is face-paced but the work life balance is an effective at Affinion.
Great work place and great kitchen.
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHMarch 19, 2018
I had a very great time working there. My managers were very informative and helpful with feedback on how to interact with consumers on the phone. Very fast paced call volume.
Pros
great pay
Cons
back to back calls for hours on end.