Affinion Group Employee Reviews

Don’t work there
Member Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNJuly 5, 2018
Worst employment I had managers only treat you with respect if you’re in their group. There is so much politics and if they want you out of your role they will do anything they want to get rid of you. There’s no team environment and everyone has to look out for yourself. Reviews are a joke and upper management doesn’t care about bonus you may or may not decide each year. Exit interview was a joke. It sure why they’re even done because nothing comes of it. Make sure to be buddy’s with your managers and do whatever is expected or just find another company to work doe that will respect you.
Challenging place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 26, 2018
company that offers good benefits , however it is the most stressfull job I hve ever worked at . It more diverse and the best job if you are looking for an entry level position
Pros
Best Benefits
Cons
stressful
Great placeI enjoyed working here
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTJune 3, 2018
Great place to work. I enjoyed the varied work load in my position. I felt that the work was reasonably challenging for me. I would recommend working there to others.
Hard to pinpoint so mixed review.
Manager (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTMay 22, 2018
It was a constant challenge to keep moral up in our department and it was like this on everyday phone calls to other parts of the company. The few colleagues who had the "glass half full" spirit were a joy to work with. As a multitasker, being expected to do the job of multiple employees was rewarding, but that's not for everyone. For the most part, the Directors and VP's in our division were very down to earth, and great to work for.
Pros
day prior to holidays are a half day, good health, visual, and dental coverage
Cons
high employee turnover, low moral, unexpected loss of jobs
This job was nothing special
Travel Consultant (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHMay 16, 2018
I liked working at Affiniom. The pay wasn’t bad & the hours were what I wanted. There were just a lot of unprofessional things going on there which is why I had to leave. It reminded me of high school. A bunch of young ppl who don’t take their job seriously & my trainer was hitting on me! He went as far as messaging my friends to take me on a date. He was eventually fired for sending inappropriate pictures of himself to different women at the job. See? Unprofessional.
Fun work place
Credit card protection Agent (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OHMay 15, 2018
Very accepting environment with so much to teach and learn, the hardest part of the job is is not being able to help a customer in a bad situation. The most enjoyable part is making the clients happy and getting along wit fellow co=workers
office closed
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTMay 10, 2018
Provides customer service and website direction with members either over the phone or through email communication. Assistance in settling billing issues for members accounts while also providing assistance with login credentials while maintaining security protocols for automated security procedures and supports core policies as mandated by standard SOP for the company. Also, fulfilling customer's order placement either online or over the phone for the company's shopping products while handling and safeguarding customers sensitive information.

Stressful at first, but then you get used to it.
They are no longer in business.
Inventory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Franklin, TNMay 4, 2018
The production center is no longer in business in Franklin, TN. I no longer work there. so there is nothing more I can say about the company. They still have there offices in Franklin.
Was ok to work.
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CTApril 19, 2018
This was a call center for complaints. Job was outsourced. Affinion is still in business in Stamford, I cannot travel that far. Otherwise the company is very good to work for.
Pros
Good pay & vacation time.
Cons
None at this time.
Affinion
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHApril 15, 2018
Call center, a very young place to work. Have not worked there in a while so it is hard to say if the job is even still the same way. The nice thing about the job is that you have a nice lunchroom.
Views
HR Specialist,Team Lead, Claim Specialist,QA (Current Employee) –  Westerville, OHApril 10, 2018
Typical workday was enjoyable based off of the type of people you are around every day. Working together to complete the overall objective was very enjoyable. During my duration with the company I had an opportunity to learn everything within the company, starting at the entry level all the way up to exempt. As far as management goes, I feel that was the greatest challenge within the company. You would have those managers who knew everything about the business and was great at there jobs. Sadly, those managers who you would scratch your head and try to figure out how they even got the job. The atmosphere was very pleasant, again based off of those that you were surrounded with. It’s some great people that work for the company. The greatest challenge that I endured while working with the company, I would say it was conducting exit interviews. Firing someone is never enjoyable. The most enjoyable part of the job I was being tasked with many different roles within the company. Being there for seven years, I had the opportunity of wearing many different hats with in the company all enjoyable, and a new learning experience for myself.
Pros
Learning new things, & the responsibilities of the HR department
Cons
Exit interviews
A nice place to work
Senior Legal Compliance Specialist (Current Employee) –  Franklin, TNMarch 21, 2018
I enjoy working for Affinion Group. The company is focused and growing in the correct directions. The work is face-paced but the work life balance is an effective at Affinion.
Great work place and great kitchen.
Retention Specialist (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHMarch 19, 2018
I had a very great time working there. My managers were very informative and helpful with feedback on how to interact with consumers on the phone. Very fast paced call volume.
Pros
great pay
Cons
back to back calls for hours on end.
I'd take another job there.
Finance Manager (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CTMarch 12, 2018
A solid firm that had excellent.direct managers that treated me with respect. I grew tremendously as an individual with a broad exposure to a number to different financial aspects of operating a large multi-billion dollar international company.
Great training
Retention (Former Employee) –  WestervilleMarch 8, 2018
Training was good but that was it. Schedule wasn’t very good if I remember right. I worked there a really long time ago so things could have changed.
A interesting work place to say the least
Technical Support Representative (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHFebruary 12, 2018
For the department that I worked they never had any experience so the training was very rough on what skills we really needed in order to get the job done. I left them alot of notes for the next class they had and a few of them had been taken into account so now things should be running alot smoother then before.
Pros
friendly workers
Cons
communication between supervisor and employee was very poor
Technical Support Analyst
Technical Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHJanuary 24, 2018
Training was sub par. Trainers basically took a crash course for our position, and weren't a reliable resource for accurate information. The trainers themselves were great individuals, the system just didn't work.

The work itself wasn't too hard too grasp if you put some effort into doing your job. Half our training class quit or got fired before we hit the floor.

I wouldn't mind still working here, but they are strict on attendance. You will still accrue points even if you were hospitalized. And if you don't purchase disability BEFORE you get pregnant, or if you haven't been there a year, then don't expect to still have a job once you have your baby. They don't even have Maternity leave...

Be careful who you talk to and what you talk about, people were fired for gossiping and spreading rumors. Another coworker was fired for cussing to himself.
Pros
Free lunches during training, lots of prizes available, great discounts, easy work
Cons
Won't work with expectant mothers, Strict attendance policy
Good place to work with a laid back atmosphere
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Westerville, OHJanuary 22, 2018
A typical workday would be enrolling customers into the Identity Theft Protection Program and transferring calls to membership a lot of activities for the employees monthly the most enjoyable part of the job was getting customers to sign up for the program the hardest part of the job sometimes was getting people to sign up for the program management was great they were always there for your needs I learned a lot about how people could steal your identity
Pros
good potential for advancement
Cons
short breaks
Not a good place to work
Senior Programmer Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dublin, OHJanuary 5, 2018
I would not recommend this place to work. poor management, no training, and no clear vision was communicated on a consistent bases. We were required to provide support with little application training.
nice place to work
Contact Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Trumbull, CT 06611December 19, 2017
Very good management team and a company willing to train individuals that have no solid work skills. I did get a chance to meet some really nice people that were all willing to work together as a team
Pros
good training provided
Cons
many scheduled shifts