Affinis Hospice Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Very small agency with poor leadership skills
Social Worker (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GASeptember 12, 2018
The management team obviously needs to be revamp. I feel that my job description was not clearly define and I was asked by upper management to perform job duties that were clearly out of my profession scope. The hardest part of the job as a MSW was the lack of professional autonomy within the agency. The management/ leadership seemed to have implicit bias with their recommendations for patients/families. However the most enjoyable part of the job was working with patients/families whom appreciates the service that was being provided.
Pros
The patients and families
Cons
Job description not clearly define and lack of professional autonomy
There's much better out there in every aspect even to patient care.
Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Gainesville, GAJuly 8, 2018
Management is in it for themselves and will throw you under the bus to advance or keep their jobs. It's quite obvious that they toss you a couple of peanuts thinking that that gesture will keep you happy for example your Christmas bonus is $25 or $50 for all your hard work throughout the year. In the meantime, the management and executives receive bonuses on the thousands.
It's insulting.
The patient care is less than stellar and documents falsified to pass state inspections.
Pros
Co-workers are team players
Cons
Very poor management, Uninvolved executives, Very poor patient care
Unstable boss
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Albany, GAJuly 5, 2018
I enjoyed my patients and families. It was a privilege to take care of these patients. I had somewhat flexible hours. Communication between coworkers was good.
Pros
Enjoyed patients and families
Cons
Unstable boss
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAFebruary 23, 2018
I have enjoyed my time with Affinis Hospice the staff is amazing. It is not an easy job but for me it was satisfying and I hope my path brings me back to this amazing company.
Good Co Workers and Very Rewarding Work
RN Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Albany, GA 31701February 14, 2018
Typical day includes team conference calls to review all team members previous day; Visit patients to assist with their care, provide care, support to family and caregivers; admit patients to hospice care, act as on call on nights and weekends. Very rewarding work, however, the case management throughout the week combined with busy on call weekends lends to severe physical and emotional burnout to which the company did nothing to correct.
Don't waste your time
RN Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAOctober 3, 2017
Awful upper management that refuses to support field level staff. If you are an RN don't bother. Completely unorganized with s skeleton crew at all levels.
Compassionate
RN Case Manager -Hospice (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAAugust 21, 2017
Flexible hours, great management, co-workers always willing to help out. Always supports other team mates. All disciplines kf the team are compassiinate
Its not for the faint of heart
Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Albany, GAJune 22, 2017
I like working due to the work hours. This office is very understanding to your family life and responsibilities outside of work. The pay is good as long as the census is up..... for CNAs that is.
Pros
Great hours, holiday pay
Cons
Traveling everyday and tolerated disrespect from some patients and family members.
Pay
Certified Nurse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAJune 8, 2017
Most things are good with this company. I enjoyed it. Pay could have been better. I enjoyed working out of my car. The per diem was good. Regular pay plus per diem was really good. Being a single mom my bills were always paid.
Pros
You work by yourself. Your car is your office.
Cons
When patient load decreases so does your income.
Most enjoyable part of job
Hospice Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAMay 3, 2017
The most enjoyable part of this job was the interactions with my patients and their families. I enjoyed caring for each patient and supporting the family during this difficult time in their lives.
Caring and compassionate workplace
RN-Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Pooler, GAMarch 10, 2016
I love working for Affinis. The management staff, all the way up to the president and VP, are very welcoming and supportive.
Pros
Everything!
Cons
It's Hospice.... wonderful for the right person.
It was an Awesome Learning Experience
Chaplain Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Watkinsville, GANovember 18, 2015
I love what I do and appreciate the staff and people I work with. It is a pleasure overtime I get in my truck to come in because everyone has a true spirit of excellence
Small company with big ideas.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  WatkinsvilleAugust 13, 2015
Very unorganized. Needs more structure. Poor management.Good employees.Company definitely needs to work on Retention.
Pros
Good employees
Cons
Company executives have unrealistic expectations of employees.
Great Place to Work
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Gainesville, GAMay 26, 2015
Affinis Gainesville is a great place to work. Great team, very rewarding career/job choice. Sleep well at night knowing our prescience benefited another's day. Very enjoyable work. Can't say enough!!
Pros
Helping others achieve end of life goals. Very rewarding
Cons
Dealing with death is always a con, but its what we do. The pro outways that con anyday.
small company with big thoughts
Administrator (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAMay 23, 2015
Affinis needs a lot of work with structure and orientation of employees. The company is trying to grow to quickly and don't have the structure for growth in place yet.
Pros
good staff
Cons
not appreciated
Enjoyed the time working with staff and patients.
Chaplain (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAMay 14, 2015
Being a hospice chaplain was very rewarding. It is a special gift to be able to spend time with a family and their loved one at such an intimate and devastating time in their lives.
I had to travel at times over 50 miles one way to a patients home. but I learned that people appreciate your efforts and sincerity.
I was able to manage my time and travel in a way that my clients did not feel obligated to me.
Most of my co workers were supportive.
The hardest part was saying good-by, and also the traveling.
The most enjoyable part was listening to the stories.
Pros
Was being able to make own schedual. Also the christmas gifts were appreciated.
Cons
The traveling
Ok
CNA (Former Employee) –  Calhoun, GAMarch 30, 2015
At first i enjoyed working fro this company and then it all changed once i was there a wile. i liked the people i worked with but when i got let go because i had my own family to take care of i was disappointed. all i needed was that one day off and she told me if i didn't come in then i didn't have a job and i told her i wasn't going to able to come and so she said i guess you made your choice. i was angry because i picked up others slack and the one time i need to be off i was denied.
getting to be out most of the day,going different homes and places
certified (Current Employee) –  cartersville,ga.May 14, 2013
just getting ready to go to work knowing you are going to help someone feel a little better is a typical day at work.you always learn something every day about people.we have a great adminstrator,whom will stand by you if in need,we have the best group of cna'swho really cares about our pt.and there co workers.The hardest part of my job is losing our pts to death.to know at the end of the day i have gave it my all.
Pros
all ways giving little gifts to let you know you are doing a good job.
Cons
sometimes you dont get a break.You do stay sad alot.