Affinity Living Group Employee Reviews

Worked 1 day and that was enough (with no pay)
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCJanuary 17, 2019
I had never been a PCA before, but was thrown to the wolves with no guidance or structure. Hearing a CNA/Med Tech curse and be so negative was the first turn off and hearing how some of the staff talked to the memory care residents was downright horrible. A resident screaming “oww and help” was responded to with “stop! No one is hurting you!” Another resident asked a staff member who they were, “you’re worst nightmare if you don’t calm down). I was so heartbroken, I didn’t want to come back from lunch. I never saw a Supervisor or an office staff member that whole day to be able to talk to or turn my time cards in or anything. I wasn’t told when to come back, so I never went back. Please stay away, the staff act like children, it’s low pay and poorly ran.
Better be a local
Pre CNA, CNA now (Former Employee) –  Franklin, NCJanuary 13, 2019
I am not a local from NC. I was verbally attacked by coworkers about my appearance, scrubs, teeth and hair. Amazing, because I take pride in my appearance and job I get treated horribly.
If you are at all different than locals many feel you think you are better than they are, I have said many times not better just different, doesn't matter, the ignorance here runs deep.

Whereas they tell us to be aware of everyone's cultural differences they really only mean theirs.

I'm ahamed the management tolorates this and that I felt really horrible when I was set up. I never should feel bad because of evil people, I was really blindsided.
Pros
Nice residents
Cons
Staff
January 15, 2019

Thank you for reviewing us on Indeed. We take these reviews seriously and would like to be able to address any concerns. To discuss your concerns further, please call our toll-free Human Resource hotline at 1-855-273-4397, or email hr@affinitylivinggroup.com. Thank you.

Why i love it
CNA - Certified Nursing Assistant (Current Employee) –  Mount Pleasant, NCJanuary 2, 2019
I work as one of the CNAs/caregivers, And It has helped me grow as a person I LOVE helping our residents love to see their smiles and I strive to improve myself and strive to help our residents enjoy their time there
Pros
free lunch, getting to know many different types of people
Cons
losing a resident when they pass away
Call Center
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCDecember 26, 2018
Working in the call center under the current management is very fulfilling and enjoyable. We are provided the flexibility during inclement weather or illness to work remotely, after a probationary period. Our current management has been a call center agent and understands what it takes to be successful. Management understands the pressures associated with being a call center agent.
Pros
flexibility, great management
Cons
pay
most day were ok
FOOD SERVICE DIRECTOR (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 26, 2018
most days were ok each day was the same we came in to take care of the residents and that's what we did sometimes the staff did not show up so management (me) would be stuck there to fill the shifts
Never work here!!
Resident Care Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockwell, NCDecember 6, 2018
No ethical values, the staff are treated like scum. Administration play around and never do thier job. Poor management. Resident care personal is the BEST! maintance and director do not get the job done. Lots if using, non-training and unethical implementations, regularly. I do not recommend this place to anyone, even if the management changes.
December 12, 2018

Worst job ever
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaDecember 1, 2018
This is one of the worse jobs I worked at. They do not care about the residents or staff. They are poorly trained from the beginning. They expect you to work 12 hours or double shifts and heaven forbid you need a day off. Way too many cliche and they only care about themselves. Night shift gets treated like very badly while first and second can do whatever they want. It is a very stressful and hostile environment.
Pros
Meet residents
Cons
Everything else

Horrific Director
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Rockwell, NCNovember 20, 2018
I was hired as untrained. PCA. I have never had experience in an assisted living facility. After a week of training I was the only person on the floor for my shift besides the med tech taking care of the patients. I quit after a week. This particular branch couldn't keep new employees obviously. I didn't get paid for my training and now I am told it will be the next pay period. This was brought to their attention over a month ago. On the plus side my immediate supervisor was outstanding.
Pros
Not any
Cons
Do not work there
December 6, 2018

Worst company I have ever worked for!!
Office (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCNovember 17, 2018
If you want to be a slave to your job then this is the perfect place for you! They present the company as being so wonderful when you first interview and start working, but it sure doesn’t take long to see the cold hard truth! Management cares nothing about the employees and it is a highly dysfunctional company! I wouldn’t recommend it to my worst enemy.

Worst Company on all fronts
Sales Director (Former Employee) –  Affinity Living GroupNovember 2, 2018
It's important to first note than 95% of their "positive" reviews are from Hickory, meaning their corporate office. So anyone who writes anything positive most likely has to in order save their reviews and doesn't actually work for one of their facilities. How does a company this size not offer an even remotely decent health insurance plan? As a team member you have two options: A preventive plan that covers NOTHING or you can pay 10% of your bi-weekly pay for a plan that has a deductible of $5,000 and then is 80/20. You claim to be one of the largest providers in the nation but this is all you can offer your employees? They claim to accept all of these medicaid patients as being good stewards of the community, but in reality they are just trying to fill their buildings with whatever they can get. Management doesn't have a clue what it's like to work nonstop and they will harass you to pick up extra shifts so they don't have to work themselves and then complain and reprimand you when you have overtime. Their expectations are unobtainable, but how would they even know that because they don't ever spend time seeing what actually goes on. There is no structure and they don't take what their employees are saying into consideration in the slightest. Oh, AND you only get 40 hours of PTO a year, that's five days. FIVE.DAYS.
Pros
Cons
low pay, management, employee benefits
November 5, 2018

As a company they do not support employees. The beneifits are next to nothing. Made good friends.
unknown (Former Employee) –  Hickory, NCOctober 28, 2018
Lack of management experience. They do not take care of their employees, no 401k, no sick time, very high cost of insurance. Want you to donate to causes but don't pay you enough! Very stressful. Can only take 5 days of vacation per 6 months, can't roll over to next 6 months like most companies which give you 10 days a year to use whenever you need to. They pretend to care about you. A lot are looking for other jobs, can't wait to find something else!
Pros
It's a job
Cons
No 401K no sick time, low pay, high insurance cost, poor management

Horrible.
Med-Tech/SIC (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaOctober 24, 2018
A typical day at work consisted of understaffing and running yourself to death trying to make sure the residents was taken care of the best way you could. management was a JOKE! We only had one good administrator and he was fired for trying to protect his employees and residents. We were constantly changing administrators and MCMs... i have never worked in such a bad environment in my life! i would NEVER EVER put a loved one in any of their facilities. the ONLY thing enjoyable with my job was my residents! I loved and cared for them the best i could. When i was employed here i worked 3rd shift and we had 46 residents and 14 were upstairs and the rest on the first floor and i only had one PCA to help. So she would go upstairs and id stay downstairs and PRAY no emergency happened. Because care staff to patient ratio should be 1:10 at night and I was work 1:26-32.My warning to everyone would be STAY FAR AWAY!!!
Pros
There arent any PROS
Cons
Absolutely everything is a con with this company
November 1, 2018

BEWARE!!!! WORST COMPANY IN THE WORLD!!!!! Don't ever work or put a loved in any facility of there's.
wouldn't you like to know (Former Employee) –  North CarolinaOctober 24, 2018
This company is the worst company to work for ever!!!! They have no regards or consideration for their employees let alone their residents, I wouldn't let them watch my dog let alone a loved one. All they care about is the almighty dollar. The only thing Charlie T. cares about is having the company with the most facilities, and he doesn't care how he gets it. The residents in all of his facilities are neglected and do not get the care they deserve let alone what they are paying for. They start their employees out at the smallest wage they can, and then they don't give cost of living raises, or yearly raises. You have to work there a year before you can use your vacation time, you don't get sick time. There are no bonuses for anything. you only get 40 hours a year vacation. you only get holiday pay if you work the holiday. And when you do orientation, they don't pay you, your there for 2 hours and your doing it for free They also falsifie documents and are always under staffed.
Pros
Cons
everything
November 1, 2018

Rose glen manor is a bad place to work
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  North Wilkesboro, NCOctober 16, 2018
I worked at rose glen for 6 months and the place has poor management. A lot of people were rude or stuck up. I’m so glad I got away from that place when I did. I suggest no one to work at rose glen. It was so stressful and aggravating
October 23, 2018

Great work environment
Dietary Aide (Former Employee) –  Gatesville, NCOctober 13, 2018
Working in the kitchen opened a wide variety of being able to interact with the residents and the nursing staff that was there. Also opened up a lot of chances for me to be able to try to pursue a career in foods or opened up my hobby for foods at the same time
Pros
Great environment
Cons
Some management problems

Poorly Managed
CNA/Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Montgomery, ALOctober 11, 2018
Poorly managed, several residents should be in a skilled nursing facility, the workload is too overwhelming, and the pay is poor. Residents are somewhat neglected or poorly supervised. Nothing is confidential. The residents and employess are discussed in the open by other employees and by certain members of management.
Pros
Nice facility
Cons
Poor pay, overworked, residents undersupervised
October 16, 2018

Thank you for reviewing us on Indeed. We take these reviews seriously and would like to be able to address your concerns. To discuss your concerns further, please call our toll-free Human Resource hotline at 1-855-273-4397, or email hr@affinitylivinggroup.com. Thank you.

Run as fast as you can away
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCOctober 10, 2018
This place should be closed down.the residents are badly mistreated n the people in charge are so unprofessional.They work short many days n nights and the person in charge of the the work days had a very nasty attuide. They ask you to work overtime but you don't see the money when you get oaid.no direct deposit and no structure. There are certain employees who cannot do any wrong and certain oned who refused to do right.its a lot of drama and lies and talking to the administrator is a waste of your time. Medication is being check off as given but not being given n staff members sleep at night along with the resdients.this place is the worse ever to work at if you wAnt to work under stress lies and pressure tbis is the place to be.
Pros
A lot of overtime cause people quit everyday
Cons
Drama no direct deposit checks were never correct
October 16, 2018

Place is not up to date for the state
PCA (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GAOctober 9, 2018
They don't appreciate good workers. They prefer people that don't care or don't know what they doing. They will work you like a fool run you dry. You ask for one day off because you got emergency. They don't want to hear it. It's all about them but with poor management. I wouldn't recommend no one to work there. Also would recommend that place for patients. I wouldn't put my doggie there for a day.
Pros
Cons
Not a good place to work.

Worst Company to Work For
Business Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Murphy, NCOctober 6, 2018
They reward the bad and fuss at the good. Expect you to pick up the pieces for every department with no appreciation. They will over work you and you'll have no social life anymore. They have way too many "middle men." Spend money where it isnt needed but refuse to give raises. You have vendors calling all the time because they dont pay the bills. Everyone pretty much has the same pay which is unfair to different departments. Just a joke of a company to work for.
October 9, 2018

Don’t expect any support
Memory Care Director (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaSeptember 30, 2018
They throw you into a position without any support or training. They promised me things when they hired me that were not true. They said they would send me to NC for training and did not. They said I would have control over who I hired and I did not. They told me I could pay my carestaff one pay but then that didn’t happen either. Very disorganized and too many chiefs and not enough Indians!
Pros
No longer work there so I am not stressed anymore.
Cons
No training for upper management, don’t make expectations clear
October 5, 2018

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Affinity Living Group. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9