Affinity Living Group Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great company
Regional Director of Sales and Marketing (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaJuly 13, 2018
Affinity Living Group has been one of the best companies Ive ever worked for. The support from upper management has been great and the team atmosphere makes it a joy to be a part of.
Compassionate mission, strong leadership and unlimited opportunities for growth
Current employee (Current Employee) –  NCJuly 13, 2018
Affinity is leading the assisted living and memory care industry with compassion and innovation. The CEO and leadership have a strong vision and commitment to caring for this vulnerable population. Employees are valued, supported and given unlimited potential for professional growth. Co-workers are collaborative and always available to assist.
Pros
Opportunities for advancement and great culture
Cons
None worth mentioning
A Great Company!
Finance Intern (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCJuly 13, 2018
As a current student and this being my first "real" job, I couldn't be more happy. The work environment Is relaxed yet extremely productive and all of my coworkers/managers are friendly and approachable. I am only an intern but I am treated like part of the Affinity family. Also, in only a short time working, I have been taught more about the field than I would get in a semester in the classroom. A wonderful place to work; I would highly recommend!
Supportive
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCJuly 12, 2018
I am a new employee and although I haven't been with the company long I feel very privileged to be part of the team. Everyone has been friendly and supportive.
travel and learning opportunities
Risk Manager (Current Employee) –  Home-officeJuly 12, 2018
love being able to travel and see communities, knowing that I am helping and giving back to people who need assistance. employees are great to work with
Productive, professional workplace
Payroll Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Hickory,NCJuly 12, 2018
I have worked for Affinity for almost 3 years. The management is great and there is plenty of opportunity to grow. I have great co-workers and the work environment is very professional. I would recommend an Affinity job to anyone looking for a long-term career.
Leading the Industry with Innovation
Application Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCJuly 11, 2018
Affinity Living Group is paving the way for assisted living in North Carolina. Upper management is always thinking outside of the box to come up with new and better ideas of ways to care for our residents. In the corporate office, camaraderie and unity are prevalent. Flexible time off, the ability to work from home when needed, and solid leadership make this a fantastic place to work.
Pros
Good work-life balance, Never bored, Superb Office Culture
Cons
Health Insurance is expensive and has high deductible
Poor management
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Spartanburg, SCJuly 9, 2018
Overall place could have been better with proper management.Love the residents but some employees and upper management had bad attitudes.Management paid some workers more money with less experience and showed favoritism to some employees. Never received enough hours but was suppose to be full-time working 25 hrs per week.No direct deposit and only got paid twice a month.Some of the residents are not assisted living their level of care is skilled but their nurse says they are not and she doesn't check them out or does assessments on them.Some of the staff are not trained properly to handle some of the residents there.Med-techs are lazy and don't like to help the personal care aides out.I think with changes to management place would be a productive place to work, but for now no I wouldn't recommend anyone to work there.
Pros
Food. Residents
Cons
No direct deposit, salary too low
Official response from Affinity Living Group
July 13, 2018

Thank you for reviewing us on Indeed. We take these reviews seriously and would like to be able to address your concerns. To discuss your concerns further, please call our toll-free Human Resource hotline at 1-855-273-4397, or email hr@affinitylivinggroup.com. Thank you.

One of the best places I have ever worked.
Accounts Receivable Specialist (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCJuly 9, 2018
Its hard to start over in a new company, and learning a new job is daunting. Everyone at Affinity has welcomed me with open arms and willingness to help me in every way to make sure that I am successful. The employees are wonderful, and the company is wonderful. There willingness to help employees that have hardships, the encouragement of a team environment and the upbeat, praising atmosphere keeps people happy. Its nice to be appreciated and they show it in many ways.
Growing company focused on its mission!
HR Assistant (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCJuly 9, 2018
ALG is a great place to work-- the company is quickly growing so there is always room for advancement. The benefits are great and the executive team keeps their focus on their mission which is to provide great care for all of our residents.
Pros
Competitive, Challenging
Great mission and innovative management
Director (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCJuly 9, 2018
It's exciting to be a part of team that's committed to providing affordable assisted living services! Forward-thinking, innovative leadership team preparing for the future of the industry. A company that is committed to investing in its employees' professional development.
Excellent
Manager (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaJuly 9, 2018
Excellent Upper Management. Flexible with work schedules. Great benefits and a excellent work culture. Team effort from everyone. I would highly suggest looking into a career with this growing company
Wonderful Flexible Workplace
Digital Brand Manager (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCJuly 5, 2018
This is a really wonderful and innovative company that is taking the Assisted Living and Memory care industry by storm! Working at the corporate office really gives you an insight about what others at the communities are going through and how we can do better for the employees and residents at said communities.
This company has been really good to me as an individual as well with the health benefits offered and a job position that is always granting me the opportunity to learn new skills each day; especially in the online world and connecting it to our company's image. Some positions will let you work remotely as well which is great!
Pros
Health Insurance, New Office, Teamwork based Enviornment
Cons
No paid sick days, just vacation
Collaborative team; employee focused; helpful staff; sincere heart to help others
Regional Sales Director (Current Employee) –  Johns Creek GA 30022July 5, 2018
I've had nothing but positive experiences since joining Affinity. The Affinity Living Group Team has gone out of their way to help me feel welcomed and an integral part of the team. Affinity Living Group truly cares about their employees and the residents in their communities. The company is experiencing tremendous growth and offers a challenging environment for those who truly want to be collaborative and help solve problems.
Pros
Collaborative environment; great technology and processes
Cons
I have no cons. I love my job.
Business Systems Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCJuly 5, 2018
This is a good place to work. I'm not sure what else to right to fill up 150 characters. All I know is that I have been here 2 years and I have more good days than bad.
Pros
Great Compensation and Experience
Cons
No Casual Fridays
Not a good place to work
Administrator (Former Employee) –  CharlotteJuly 4, 2018
This was by far one of the worst companies I’ve ever worked for! The hours were long, very unprofessional, talk to educated employees like they are kids, low pay and management doesn’t have a clue! Every time you turn around they have jobs advertised high turn over and extremely high benefits!
Official response from Affinity Living Group
July 9, 2018

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCJuly 3, 2018
Affinity Living Group is great company. I get paid well to do the job that I do. Well above comparable jobs in the area. The people are great, and I enjoy working with everyone at this company. I have the unique advantage to work in the corporate office but have contact with the communities as well. I know how hard they work to care for our residents.

I've always been impressed with the CEO's vision in regards to caring for the elderly. His dedication to making sure the residents are taken care of above all, it's refreshing to see. That doesn't always happen at assisted living communities. I'm glad that I work for a company that genuinely cares about the welfare of the elderly community we are here to serve.
Pros
Beautiful Office Building, Great Co-workers
A Great Place To Work
Financial Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCJuly 3, 2018
Affinity Living Group turned out to be a great place to work. The employees friendly, the workload balanced, and the executives clearly care. I would definitely recommend working for Affinity Living Group.
Pros
Management That Cares
Great place
AR Collections (Current Employee) –  Hickory, NCJuly 3, 2018
I got a very good offer that was more than I expected. They are understanding about being a single mom and supportive. The girls I work with are very helpful and always willing to teach me new things. The only downside is the health insurance. Not good coverage for the price.
Pros
Great environment, friendly coworkers, understanding management
Cons
Health insurance is expensive and not effective
Like one big happy family
Area Sales Director (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaJuly 2, 2018
In today's career environment it is difficult to find a company that cares about it's employees as much as Affinity Living Group does. It is not uncommon for the senior leadership of the company to reach out in order to assist you in any way that they can.
It truly becomes apparent that this company is more than just a place to work and more like a family when you receive Happy Birthday wishes from your leaders. This is a simple gesture but considering the CEO of the company and some of the most senior leaders take a moment of their time to recognize you as a person, not just as an employee it makes you want to be even more a part of this team. The Family aspect does not stop there. With most companies if you need assistance and have to call "corporate", that's exactly what you are doing, calling a nameless person that you have no personal connection with. That non-personal atmosphere does not exist with Affinity. When you call to get assistance you will be greeted by a person that you know by name and genuinely cares about you. Each of these people will strive to help you through any problem, big or small.
I have had many jobs in my lifetime but this is more than a job, its a career. Affinity is the company I will retire from. I have never felt as valued and supported in my career as I do with this company. If you are looking to become more than just another employee, Affinity is the company you are looking for.
Pros
Support, Guidence, Advancement
Cons
Too few to mention