Affinity Living Group
42Low

Affinity Living Group Employee Reviews

United States216 reviews
Cover ups, lies and diversion are this community’s best features
This community lies and covers up constantly. On a daily basis. Med errors Every day. New hires are trained to lie. Not enough PPE equipment or they lie about it. Medications, insulin, insulin pens, needles, lancets etc are use between All Residents. Medicaid and Medicare fraud are in high levels. Management refuses to fire employees who have been suspended for neglect or abuse residents. If you love yourself and your loved ones. Do not put them jere
May 18, 2020
Thank you for reviewing us on Indeed. We take these reviews seriously and would like to be able to address any concerns. To discuss your concerns further, please call our toll-free Human Resource hotline at 1-855-273-4397, or email hr@affinitylivinggroup.com. Thank you.
Don’t work there
Don’t work there management makes it TERRIBLE and there’s no need to go to chain of command they don’t CARE resident abuse if u report it there’s nothing being done MANAGEMENT bullies the staff or fire you for not being in the click
May 18, 2020
Bad
Goldsboro facility is a terrible place to work. No respect, teamwork, or care. Management is disrespectful to staff and don't follow through on things needed for the facility to run. I would not put my family member there nor tell anyone who loves there family member to put them there.
May 18, 2020
Overall
Yancey house is great place to work all the residents are really sweet and the staff are very professional and the environment is clean and safe to work at.
Inadequate from top to bottom
There is a complete lack of respect, support, teamwork and compassion. Employee screenings are below substanard, non compliant with State Stanards, and meals for residents are non eatableNo one should have to work in such situations. No family should be desperate enough to allow a loved one to be placed in such a facility. Completely filthy and unprofessional.
April 23, 2020
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Poor money management, lawsuits, dont pay bills
False sense of job security. Company running on financial fumes. Do not trust supporting your family here. Multiple lawsuits pending for unpaid bills.
April 7, 2020
Levels of Advancement
Affinity does believe in promoting within the organization so a PCA can become an executive director in a matter of time. They also have multiple locations all over NC which makes is easy to transfer to other locations
April 3, 2020
Pay is not worth all the drama and problems, disrespect, and ungratefulness as well as being treated fair by the E.D
Worst mistake building this building or maybe its just who you hire to work there...I wouldn't put my dead dog there for sure....Fairness is out the window even if you go to the big boys..Probably gonna catch a law suit soon if you want the entire truth ..Scotland House is a nice building but unorganized and cheap..No direct deposit, checks may come a day or 2 later from the pay ..Better watch your back going in there, they have people doing no call no shows and dont get fired...have a health issue and miss a few days with a dr note and see where u go
date..The e.d.is fuxkin horrible...People are dying g in there and they seem to cover up the fact that they didn't do all they could for them

pay...date..Just terrible
April 3, 2020
Terrible
Substandard company from top of Down. The culture and backstabbing is terrible. Corporate leaders are disrespectful. The business model is flawed. The power by number of buildings concept will not last.
Awful place
Management dont care, just awful. One supervisor dont like pca or cna, bad attitude. Even gave her a promotion.
Ridiculous. They dont care

I would never treat anyone like they do.
Contradiction with no External Plan
There is no oversight when Managers are overworked and underpaid. Equally, accountability of the training program is a joke. There is no standard level of training between communities. The culture is not about protecting residents, it is about the bottom line. This is evident when we are told to not allow families into the building due to infection control but still conduct tours. Additional assignments without compensation to include a 401K, Savings Plan, or bonus for filling multiple roles.
Pros
Leave Time
Cons
Inconsistent training, pay
Why Me Lord
This is by far the most unethical, most unorganized, most unprofessional company I have worked for in my life. Corporate lies about everything. It’s unreal how many excuses they make to cover themselves. There is no diversity. I absolutely hate how CNAS are Vice Presidents and folks with degrees are making pennies. There are no minorities in leadership. The poor Alabama and Georgia properties aren’t poorly managed. It’s a nightmare to say the least
March 16, 2020
I have been able to advance within the Company as positions have come available
I'm very excited to be apart of Affinity, I start in marketing moved to ED and now Quality Assurance Director. The company is growing and continues to pursue better care for its residents
n/a
I enjoyed the position, but unfortunately they are phasing out this department as a cost-cutting measure. Obviously I am disappointed in the decision, as there was no discussion or input from the employees.
Upper Management and Corporate Staff are severely misinformed
Upper Management and corporate staff clearly don't understand the ratio of caregiver to residents.... 1:8. Many times, myself and another PCA have taken on the duty of caring for 44+ memory care residents on a day shift. 3 meals, 2 snacks, doing baths, and doing full rounds every 2 hours. It was difficult. We routinely ran out of supplies. Management does not care. The administrator was aloof half the time and not present the other half of the time. Some residents are combative and nothing is done to resolve their issues. Pay should really be more. There's no room for growth in the company. Every employee is disposable to them.
Do not work here!!!!
This is by the far the worst nursing home I’ve every work at.. the manager talks to you like a child.. she doesn’t care if you have family emergencies... all she worries about is who will be covering an shift when some ones calls out... the nurses here are drama they talk about each other like a dog... they can never have people to stay here more than a month without quitting... the pay sucks no benefits & no raises
March 12, 2020
This company has strong leadership in place
The face of ALG is evolving and has strong leaders who utilize current trends in management. This makes it a game changer from other companies . If you like growing with an organization that is diverse and on the forefront of management this is the place to be.
Not worth it
I worked for this company for a year and a half they never schedule me to take the PCA class. I never received my raise after my 90 days so if you want to make money and not deal with drama don't work for this company.
March 6, 2020
Former Sales Director
RUN!! Do not work for this company. You will be over worked and under paid. Sales Directors salaries are extremely low. The comp plan is unattainable and designed so that they don't pay out commission. You will never get reimbursed for your gas . They do not care about their staff. This company is so census driven that's all they care about. You will be using money out of your salary to fund the marketing for your community and don't expect to get it back . They have no referral source so you have to generate your own leads. Talking about drama!!! Theres always something . Such a hostile work environment. Not to mention the company has a medicaid lawsuit for over $60 million, do your research. The communities have very bad reputations. They require you to get out everyday all day and run around to generate business. Upper management don't care about you . You are just a number and they will fire you at the drop of a dime. High turnover rate. Every week the rules change and how things are supposed to be done. Every month you have a new boss. Buildings are hard to sale because of their horrible reputation. They will use you until they can't use you anymore. The most horrific place that I have ever worked. Poor care from the nursing staff. High turnover in that dept as well. You will get Made a lot of promises when you start and those promises will not be met so don't believe the lies. Nursing staff do not care about the residents. Don't put your reputation on the line for this place. Trust me its not worth it. Theres no training but you stay getting smacked on the hand for - more...
Pros
Cons
everything
March 6, 2020
Stay away
Underpaid and over work it’s all about numbers and a body in a building. Never fully staffed. If you’re on the management team you’re also expected to work your shift plus the shift you have to cover
February 24, 2020
Run, Don't Walk
Taking a job with this company was the worst professional decision of my life. Pages could be written about its ineptitude, shoddy practices, unprofessionalism, financial malfeasance and poor resident care and not even scratch the surface.

Most in upper management are unqualified for the positions they hold. Several regionals and divisionals have been promoted far beyond their level of competence. Many are poorly educated, rough and unpolished, oblivious to their ignorance and shortcomings, and keep their jobs by shifting the blame to the people managing the communities. They offer no leadership, inspiration or guidance, only nastiness and fear. Most people with any ability leave the company quickly. Their best practices are behind the times, inconsistent, and ineffective.

Weak PTO. Terrible benefits. No 401k. They routinely go months before paying their bills. Vendors often stop supplies and services due to lack of payment. It quickly becomes embarrassing to tell people where you work.

If you are considering applying for an executive, sales, business office, dining or nursing director position, please think twice. At the very least, please do your research. Do some google searches about ownership, management, and the communities they oversee. It may save you from making a poor, life altering decision.
Cons
Top down cultural problems, unscrupulous and incompetent management
February 21, 2020
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Affinity Living Group. Our community is ready to answer.
2.2