Affinity Medical Center Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
productive workplace ,able to help clients with problems
Registered Nurse/Cardiovascular Services (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OHMay 21, 2018
Every day was a new challenge. The day may consist of 2- 11 stress test. Our manager was very supportive. Our manager gave us the autonomy to work without constant supervision. The most enjoyable part of my job we were able to identify if a person had heart problems , and . the client was then sent for stent placement or open heart surgery. By Identifying problems we were able to save lives!
great place to work
CARDIAC FIRST ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OHMay 14, 2018
It was a shame they closed this hospital it was a nice community hospital that offered several services in a small environment. The management was very inclusive in their management skills.
Cons
Closure
Hospital Closed
Manager of Open Heart Surgery (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OHMay 10, 2018
It was an amazing place to work. It was a very tight knit group of people in the heart center. The CVOR CVSICU and the cath lab all worked great together and it was a very positive environment
good people to work with
Switchboard Operator (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OHApril 20, 2018
good people, good benefits, had everything needed to perform duties, cafeteria was clean and the food good, other department staff were friendly and courteous to staff and clients
Hospital Closed
Administrative Assistant to Chief Quality Office (Current Employee) –  Massillon, OHApril 16, 2018
The hospital closed. I enjoyed my position as Administrative Assistant at Affinity Medical Center. I was always learning and will miss working there.
Knowledgeable Coworkers working to make every patient number 1.
Blood Bank Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OHApril 15, 2018
A typical work day was fast-paced, stressful, serious, and very enjoyable. I learned that it takes continuous communication throughout the facility on all levels to properly take care of each patient. It is not a HIPPA violation as long as it is strictly care communication. I would have preferred for the upper management to have been a little better educated in the departmental functions and needs. The workplace culture was made up of two facilities that were able to overcome rivalries and work in harmony for the betterment of our patients. The hardest part of the job was finding coverage for lunch. The most enjoyable part of the job was knowing that I was part of the awesome team that helped to save lives on a daily basis.
Pros
Everyone pulled together to cover when circumstances warranted .
Cons
No pay increases then Hospital Closed.
Overall a good place to work until they closed abruptly
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OhioApril 13, 2018
Enjoyed working with physical therapy staff and other medical personnel. Most people were dedicated to providing excellent patient care. Job was fast paced and challenging at times but this made it interesting.
smaller hospital so employees became closed friends
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OHApril 12, 2018
Massillon community center merged with doctors in 2006 and became affinity medical center. they closed in 2018 with no advanced notice due to declining revenue. Pay rate was not fair. When we merged, Massillon personnel were making a much higher wage than the Doctors Hospital people. There never equalized the wages, so people from Doctor's doing the same job with the same seniority were making much lower salary.
Pros
not as stressfull as a larger hospital
Cons
pay rate is not as high as larger hospital hospitals
Coworkers were Awesome
Unit Secretary (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OHApril 11, 2018
The people that I worked with were awesome like a huge family. Only issue is how the Corp Office treated everyone by shutting the hospital and physician offices down.
Pros
Awesome co-workers
Cons
no longer operational
fast paced, challenging
Charge nurse (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OHMarch 17, 2018
loved woking at affinity medical center but they closed their doors, therefore we all lost our jobs. I worked on the cardiac, it was fast paced but an awesome floor.
Loved working my job.We were like family.
Surgery Adie (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OHMarch 16, 2018
I worked at the hospital from 1977 to 2018 the Hospital closed it doors . we all lost our jobs . Day in surgery was a busy day . Turning over rooms for the next case , taking up dirty interments to CS , bring down a clean cart for next case, taking out trash. Cleaning and disinfection of surgical sites. Keeping with the guide lines of infection control .Maintain a safe and orderly operative environment. Hardest part is when we were told the hospital was closing working at this hospital was extra money to help me with my cost of living . The most enjoyable part of my job was being like family we all came together at the end of the day thanked everyone for their help.
Good work relationship with floor staff
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  TelemetryMarch 10, 2018
Corporate greed and lack of upper management empathy to the problems of poor staffing ratios and antiquated equiptment made it very difficult to work there. It was a great place to work until for-profit CHS/QHC took over and ran it into the ground. Their motto was PROFITS BEFORE PATIENTS.
Pros
Good family feel
Cons
Broke down equiptment and poor staffing ratios
Great place to work until we were sold to Community Health Systems
EVS Housekeeping Teamleader (Former Employee) –  Massillon OhioMarch 6, 2018
Looked for word to going to work had great opportunity to advance and was. CHS took over and outsourced our department twice in 3 years had to start over at bottom and beginning both times. Lost everytbing.
Pros
Great coworkers like family
Cons
Lost benefits
closed
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Orrville, OHMarch 3, 2018
The company was good to work for, However there is not much to review seeing it was closed by the owners on a short notice. While I worked there it was a little unorganized because of the closing going on
Enjoyable work environment
Radiology Secretary (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OHMarch 3, 2018
Affinity Medical Center was a great place to work but unfortunately closed due to Quorum Health. If it were not for the hospital closing, I would still be an employee.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Closure of hospital
Out of business
Medical Assistant - Secretary (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OHFebruary 28, 2018
Office closed with no warning management did not want to hear the employee concerns or problems. Upper management would come in and completely ignore employees who were under them.
hospital closed
Director of Perfusion Services (Former Employee) –  Massillon, OHFebruary 20, 2018
this whole survey is stupid, as Affinity medical center has closed its doors!!!! you need to revisit your software to eliminate these types of glitches
Hospital is closing
Ultrasound Technologist (Current Employee) –  Massillon, OHFebruary 4, 2018
Great place to work but is closing Feb 11th. Enjoyed working with all the staff members and doctors. Everyone was helpful and a delight to work with. I could have retired here.
Great group of people to work with.
Phlebotomist (Current Employee) –  Massillon, OHJanuary 31, 2018
I loved working here. Only reason for quitting is hospital closure. Management was very accommodating with scheduling and daily life. It was fast paced, which I liked.
Sad to see this hospital closing
Registered Respiratory Therapist (Current Employee) –  Massillon, OHJanuary 30, 2018
Working at Affinity was great as far as working environment. Excellent nursing, physician staff. Usage of my skills was a very pleasant surprise as far as critical pt skills in the ICU and ER. The department worked well together. Unfortunately having the hospital close is a shock and I am quite sad it has to end this way.