Affirm

Working at Affirm: 6 Reviews

United States6 reviews

Great Business Concept and capable talent

Working at Affirm was educational and I loved the work. I did not like the management style of my manager and was very disappointed at how it ended. Like most things it was largely circumstantial but I would like to return and finish my work. The culture on my team had issues due to the staff that had been there prior but I wouldn't blame that on Affirm I blame it on the fact that often time the way someone looks on their CV does not evidence their character or management style. I also did not agree with the onboarding process. I would like to return to Affirm in the near future and have been applying. I have pursued more education specfically so that I can return and show that I am more capable than I was just two years agao.

Pros

Good work environment and capable talent

Cons

Some staff were too competitive and at times pretentious and rude. Coming from Wall Street, that is nothing new.

Fast-growing, successful startup with lots of opportunity

Affirm has been a wonderful place to work. It's growing fast, which means there's a lot to do—but this also creates a ton of opportunity for taking on more and continuing to redefine your role as the company expands. It's a privilege to work at a startup of Affirm's stage—things are still moving very quickly and there are opportunities for making an outsized impact, but we have more stability than most startups. Combine that with a workforce that's extremely smart and collaborative, and it's a great place to work and move your career forward.

Pros

Free meals, beautiful office, great insurance, very humble CEO

Cons

It's a startup, so sometimes it can get stressful

Affirm insights

Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues

Good Culture, Overworked Temp

I was a contractor temp. My contract was for 6 months. They were very lenient with my schedule since an unexpected school schedule change. However, They piled more and more on to my work load, they essentially wanted me to work over 50+ hours within 40 hour work week, while also building a platform for a new position. Unfortunately they let me go after having to missed 2 days after a having a car accident.

Pros

Free lunch, fully stocked kitchens on every floor, updated technology, Good employee moral

Cons

Management lacked communication skills, Temps aren't treated equally, Lack of Diversity

I interned at Affirm a few years ago, during the very early stages of the company. Now, it has grown into a powerhouse in the fintech industry. The work-life balance and culture in the company is somewhat lacking, though there are occasional social events outings, and mixers. People are incredibly smart and you can learn a lot from interacting with them, but they are not the friendliest, and some are workaholics.

Interesting and challenging company

If the fit is right, this can be a great place to work. However, you might not get what you need in order to succeed here. The company is growing quickly, which brings a lot of change. It is definitely an engineering focused company. Other departments can sometimes be overlooked or ignored.

Great benefits packages

The benefits are what you'd expect from a growing FinTech startup. The people are friendly and fun. Management tries to set expectations and be transparent, but it gets lost somewhere. All are approachable, for the most part. There were some interesting times where people around the company would mysteriously leave, either on their own accord or by being let go.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Affirm. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.1 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Compare Affirm with

Affirm Reviews by Location

Learn about Affirm in popular locations

• Affirm