Affirm

Affirm Employee Reviews

Good Culture, Overworked Temp
I was a contractor temp. My contract was for 6 months. They were very lenient with my schedule since an unexpected school schedule change. However, They piled more and more on to my work load, they essentially wanted me to work over 50+ hours within 40 hour work week, while also building a platform for a new position. Unfortunately they let me go after having to missed 2 days after a having a car accident.
Pros
Free lunch, fully stocked kitchens on every floor, updated technology, Good employee moral
Cons
Management lacked communication skills, Temps aren't treated equally, Lack of Diversity
Fast-growing, successful startup with lots of opportunity
Affirm has been a wonderful place to work. It's growing fast, which means there's a lot to do—but this also creates a ton of opportunity for taking on more and continuing to redefine your role as the company expands.

It's a privilege to work at a startup of Affirm's stage—things are still moving very quickly and there are opportunities for making an outsized impact, but we have more stability than most startups. Combine that with a workforce that's extremely smart and collaborative, and it's a great place to work and move your career forward.
Pros
Free meals, beautiful office, great insurance, very humble CEO
Cons
It's a startup, so sometimes it can get stressful
I interned at Affirm a few years ago, during the very early stages of the company. Now, it has grown into a powerhouse in the fintech industry. The work-life balance and culture in the company is somewhat lacking, though there are occasional social events outings, and mixers. People are incredibly smart and you can learn a lot from interacting with them, but they are not the friendliest, and some are workaholics.
Interesting and challenging company
If the fit is right, this can be a great place to work. However, you might not get what you need in order to succeed here. The company is growing quickly, which brings a lot of change. It is definitely an engineering focused company. Other departments can sometimes be overlooked or ignored.
Great benefits packages
The benefits are what you'd expect from a growing FinTech startup. The people are friendly and fun. Management tries to set expectations and be transparent, but it gets lost somewhere. All are approachable, for the most part. There were some interesting times where people around the company would mysteriously leave, either on their own accord or by being let go.
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Affirm. Our community is ready to answer.
2.4