AFFIRMA Rehabilitation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
productive and fun , huge focus on patient welfare
Licensed PTA (Former Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAJuly 31, 2018
Affirma is located in numerous snf's and the atmosphere is different in each, however I worked in a large, fast paced department. the team I worked with was amazing with 100% collaboration for patient benefit. It was extremely stressful for the following reasons: Poor follow through by nursing and administration staff; high level of productivity requirements; excess documentation requirements; Minimal raises and poor benefits.
all that being said I loved working there , primarily because of the team I worked with
Pros
freedom with scheduling to recognise that everyone has outside commitments, incredible cohesion amongst coworkers, good continuing Education opportunities.
Cons
short to no break, poor benefits, few raises, excessive paperwork and productiviity requirements
Waldron Health and Rehab
Occupational Therapy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Waldron, INMay 21, 2018
Waldron Health and Rehab is relaxed, however slow and not enough hours for full time employess, management is poor and scheduling is not communicated. There is no advancement or job security, due to no paid raises.
Nice place to work
OTA (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMay 10, 2018
Worked at for Affirma PRN. Easy to work for. Co-workers supportive. Facility was only OK. Small gym. I would work for them again. Only reason I left was because they lost the contract for Rehab dept.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
No major ones
Unrealistic expectations
was staff therapist (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 27, 2018
There is a huge disconnect between upper level management and their therapists. They place requirements on you without having performed focus groups. Which is not unlike every other rehab company but it would be nice for Affirna to lead the industry in interfacing with their "boots on the ground" therapisrs. Forced to use iPads for point of service documentation which in and of itself is great but software often kicks me off in the middle of typing documentation; pull down menu for each billing code is inaccurate and does not provide relevant choices for interventions yet we are requested to use them; facility rehab directors have no clue to advise therapists because they are not required to use iPads. There have been no raises due to company not meeting their profit margin but isn't this the responsibility of upper level management to run the company right?
Pros
My clinical resoning is valued, Not forced to pick up a part b patient uf it is not clinically indicated.
Cons
No raises, no 401k match, unable to support their requirment for tech use.
I really enjoyed my colleagues
COTA/L (Former Employee) –  Springfield, OHJanuary 10, 2018
Over it was a very nice place to work. I left because the pay was too low and I was made a better offer with a different company in the area. I would recommend this company
New grad unfriendly
Per Diem Occupational Therapist (Former Employee) –  South Los Angeles, CAJanuary 9, 2018
Poor workplace culture. Skilled nursing setting.
Very busy atmosphere. Very laid back approach by all staff member... at the cost of patient care. Disorganized and messy. Appeared as if there were too many disgruntled staff members.
Contstant work. Small group.
SENIOR PROJECT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WADecember 15, 2017
Small group of a company and they do have great managers but sometimes you feel overwhelmed with the amount of work and working with people on the other side of the Earth at 11pm.
Pros
Free food, nice people
Cons
Staying up late and working more tham 50 hours a week
Ethical. Therapist Lead
Facility Rehab Director (SNF) (Current Employee) –  Lodi, CANovember 18, 2017
It is an excellent place to work if you want to do what is best for the patient without compromising your integrity as a therapist. You can paid for what you do. There is no significant pressure to perform for "profits" or against ethical standards. You aren't a work horse. The management is supportive. The company is full of therapists from top to bottom so they are very understanding and sympathetic.
Flexible schedule and kind coworkers
Intern (Former Employee) –  La Jolla, CASeptember 11, 2017
I learned hands on therapeutic practice with patients of various handicaps and communicated effectively with the supervising therapists. The nurses collaborated well with the therapists and assisted in any way they could.
Pros
Beautiful location and happy employees
Cons
Short breaks
Patient care is a low priority, productivity is highest priority
Speech Language Pathologist (Former Employee) –  Reseda, CAJuly 7, 2017
Very unfriendly to speech pathologists-no place to do assessments and treatment, not allowed to participate in the IDT meetings even when it involved a patient being treated by me. I struggled with one of two software systems which decreased my productivity, I was willing to come in on my own time for a tutorial, but couldn't get any help. The other therapists OT and PT were nice, but all were trying to meet their own productivity requirement. Profit is more highly valued than patient care by this company.
Pros
Nice workplace culture.
Cons
Poor training, profit more important than patient care.

Want to know more about AFFIRMA Rehabilitation?

Ask a question
Good Place, Bad Director
REHAB AIDE (Former Employee) –  Mission Viejo, CAJune 22, 2017
I loved working here, everyone was always super nice. My supervisors were awesome and my co-workers were fun to be around. The only downfall would be that I didn't receive sick days or health benefits while working full time. Another negative was the director. He would constantly poke fun at other people, and since he's the boss, no one could say anything back. Did not treat others with respect.
Pros
worked well with my hours
Cons
the director
Not productive, draining, negative
Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Indio, CAJune 3, 2017
No real structure, no support from management. Not client or employee centered only driven by bottom line. High productivity demands with bad pay, no appreciation for employees. You are only a number, not a person. Horrible work culture. It was a dread going to work each day
Pros
No longer work there
Cons
No support, No respect
Worst job in 30 years as a therapist
Physical Therapist (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAJanuary 13, 2017
I have been a physical therapist for 30 years in different areas of the country. I've worked for a variety of corporations, some thriving, some troubled and the managers well I've seen both competent and clueless. I thought I'd experienced it all until I took a job with Affirma. They took troubled and incompetent to a whole new level. Let me just say this, in the span of a year and a half, the successful, vibrant therapy department with a team of 13 therapists dwindled to a sad, defeated group of 4; each tired of being told how to practice in an environment with unrealistic and unethical expectations. Companies like Affirma need to be called out and therapists need to take back their profession, away from the productivity focused micromanaged nightmare it has become. Please if you interview with this company take great care before signing on.
Pros
Cons
Unrealistic expectations, profit driven, no raise, even cost of living, for 3 years
Great company to work for.
OT for SNF (Former Employee) –  San Jose, CADecember 29, 2016
Great work environment with supportive supervisors and peers. Good opportunities for mentorship and continuing education.
Supportive environment, focuses on patient care
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  IllinoisNovember 23, 2016
My coworkers are extremely supportive. Overall AFFIRMA provides staff with a LOT of training and support to help us with patient care. Opportunities for advancement within company. Any SNF therapist knows the struggles that come with the industry, but AFFIRMA is supportive and focuses on giving the therapists tools to achieve their goals.
Pros
Patients come first.
Cons
None, very supportive company
Great co-workers and supporting staff. The hardest part of the job is working with a population that is predominately psych patients.
Physical Therapist (Current Employee) –  El Cajon, CAOctober 27, 2016
Typical For Profit Company
Physical Therapist Assistant (Current Employee) –  Dubuque, IAOctober 27, 2016
Productivity standards are highly stressed at this facility just like any other for profit company. My co workers are wonderful and we have great equipment to work with to assist our patient's with their goals daily.
Ethical company, opportunities for advancement
Director (Current Employee) –  Aliso Viejo, CAOctober 24, 2016
Patient care is most important, decisions guided by always doing the right thing for the patient while following Medicare guidelines. Opportunities for advancement within company
Not good place to work
Pta (Former Employee) –  Indio caOctober 10, 2016
They only care of the insurance money and not the patient. My job duty is more than is noted in my job description. The director of Rehab is a CI for pt students. He's frequently absent and neglect his work and tell you to supervised his student. 30 minute break enforcement they don't pay you with meeting. It all about productivity.
Worked for AFFIRMA over 10 years....
Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Henderson, NVOctober 5, 2016
I've worked for AFFIRMA for over 10 years and we are the best therapy provider bar none. Every facility is unique and has their own challenges, but as a whole, the company supports our therapists 100% - in fact, I've heard the CEO say "our therapists are our customers." There are a few disgruntled employees (mainly from Las Vegas) that have given the company a bad review based on their experience in one facility - that shouldn't be a reflection of how we operate in the 100+ facilities and 8 different states where we do business. We offer competitive rates and great benefits to our therapists and our management does whatever is necessary to make sure our staff and Rehab Directors are successful in their jobs. I would hope that interested therapists do a little research on us to learn what a great company we are.
Pros
Supportive work environment, does the right thing for patients