Affordable Care, Inc. Employee Reviews

Horrible place to work
Dental Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Vineland, NJApril 22, 2018
All the owner cares about is money, micro managed, did not pay when worked over time. No lunch breaks. Owner was never there but always harassing employees over the phone. The dentist was extremely un professional, there was a ton of patient complaints daily. Very rough.
clinical patient care
Associate Dentist (Former Employee) –  Weeki Wachee, FLFebruary 23, 2018
fast paced environment with emphasis on surgery and implant placement. a good place for a dentist to hone his surgical skills and denture construction skills. no management skills required for this job as management was taken care of by the corporation. hardest part was making snap decisions on treatment. this was a same day denture clinic with an emphasis on extractions and immediate denture insertions. the most enjoyable part of the job was changing peoples lives with attractive functional teeth.
Pros
autonomy
Cons
stressful
Hands down the best job I've ever had.
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  OhioFebruary 22, 2018
Can't say enough good things about this company. Worked with a great staff, my regional manager was extremely helpful as well as the rest of the upper management staff.
Doesnt follow the law,Low pay, Dis-honest management not concerned about you, no communication
Processor (Former Employee) –  Aurora, COFebruary 12, 2018
Worked here for a year. I had 80 hours of un-used vacation and when I resigned, they didn't pay my earned vacation time . Tried to contact them without much success besides "we don't pay vacation time. " Well In Colorado, the law is vacation time is earned income so I'm Working on getting a lawyer.

Pay is low ($12hr) considering the highly specialized skills and time you have to dedicate to learn to do the job right. Even when you move up positions, they pay isn't good. Pay need to be adjusted in places with higher cost of living. Hard to keep employees that will stay when raises don't keep up with cost of living. Thats why people jump jobs every few years because you're losing money if you stay at a job too long.

They claimed to give bonuses after the practice was paid off...A year after it was paid off, still no bonus, but we made top 25 practices in the country in only 2 years.

They complain and complain about its hard to find Technicians but training is not-existant. They will claim they train you, but its nothing formal. Basically they hope the other employees will have goodwill to train you and hopefully they teach you right.
They have a training facility in North Carolina that they use for new hires of friends and family of top management. I requested many times after year of working there to go to program with no response.

Management is not qualified, not organized, and doesn't communicate. No teamwork. Political who gets jobs. you could be 20 years old and be a manager or 20 years experience and never move up.

I had high hopes for this career.
Pros
no nights or weekends
Cons
management not concerned about employees, low pay even once you move up
Would not recommend to anyone
Lab (Former Employee) –  Bluff City, TNFebruary 7, 2018
No breaks for the lab staff. Forced to work through lunch everyday. And expected to stay past 5. regional manager is unfair, and will not stick up for his employees. If you get into trouble, they do not go through the steps for corrective action and will go right to a final write up, then fire you for no reason. I would not recommend you work for affordable Care.
Cons
No breaks. Not appreciated
Awsome
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 12, 2018
Awsome place to work...was ready to get to work everymorning just because of the wonderful environment and it was wonderful for me because I love to talk to customers
Pros
Friday's free lunch
Cons
30 mins breaks
stressful
Dental Assistant (Former Employee) –  Tampa FloridaJanuary 5, 2018
typical work day is stressful and belittling constantly by all doctors. I learned how to take great impressions that's it everything else I already knew from working with real amazing oral surgeons. Management was horrible. Hardest part of the job was not walking out. Coworkers was most enjoyable part
Benefits
Cons
All the above
a great company to work for.
Attendant (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 21, 2017
Very exciting getting to meet new people all the time,and to put a smile on their faces everyday.and they work with you all the time and if you are have any problems,they will here you out and work to retify the problem.the staff is also a group off good people to work with.
I did hand ons
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXAugust 14, 2017
I like the this job because I get to go to the residents house and do one on one. The people kept me going from the cleaning to cooking. I loved the head people
Greedy corporate
Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  TennesseeAugust 10, 2017
I worked for this company for over 20 years when it was a family owned business. Corporate actually cared about their practices and it's employees. After the family sold it and it has had numerous buy outs, corporate could care less about the patient and employees.
It's all about the money for THEM! Employees used to get bonuses, great perks and benefits. The employees care about giving the patient a quality product and corporate has gone so cheap on supplies.
Be ware of this. All practices are different and you do have great dentists, BUT I wouldn't trust corporate
Very good place to work
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sun City, AZJuly 26, 2017
I started at affordable as an extern, during my externship I was able to learn a lot of things, because Dr. focus on showing you and teaching you. The work environment is GREAT! everyone works as a team and help you whenever you need help. I got hired after my externship, since then is just have been great! Everyone in here treat each other as a family, everyone enjoys doing their job and helping patients. The best part o the day is when you can see patients smiles after delivering their new smile. I love this work place, management is awesome if there's a problems they will resolve it as soon you let them know. I love affordable. Very Recommended company to work with!
Pros
Great environment, good pay, Nice people and great office
Great company and amazing work environment
fda (Current Employee) –  Sun City, AZJuly 26, 2017
I started working for Affordable a little over a year ago and the experience has been nothing short of amazing. I come from general dentistry and I love that the company has provided me so much hands on training, seminars, and the doctors and staff take the time to teach you and help you excel at your job. The hours are fantastic, pay and benefits are awesome, and uniforms are provided as well.
Affordable takes great pride in their community and helping dental clinics while offering employees hands on training. I love being part of a company that makes a difference. There is nothing more rewarding that being part of a patients transition to a beautiful smile.
Pros
Great pay, bonus and AMAZING team environment
Grait place to work
Dental Assistant (Current Employee) –  Sun City, AZJuly 26, 2017
I've been working here for over 8 years and I have a very good experience working here, you get 41K, good insurance, scrubs, even money for shoes , sick/personal days, 10 days vacation yearly, and if you work hard you get bonus every quarter.
I love working with patients from all walks of life, love the team environment.
Pros
All the above
Great Company to work for!
DA (Current Employee) –  Sun City, AZJuly 26, 2017
I like working at Affordable Dentures I work with a great doctor did my externship here and got hired on. Great benefits,Good bonus, good hours and I enjoy working in a team environment.
Pros
Great bonus
Great atmosphere
FDA (Current Employee) –  FloridaJuly 26, 2017
I have been given many opportunities to better myself within the company, and advancement. The company offers great training and benefits. The dentist here really cares about the patients, and the staff always have a smile on their face. We are here for our patients and it really shows with this company.
Pros
Benefits, Advancement, Vacation
Cons
Communication
Such a fun and busy place
Front Desk Clerk (Current Employee) –  Franklin, INJuly 23, 2017
I am relatively new to Affordable Dentures, and so far everything has been fantastic. The pay is great, hours are guaranteed to be 40! We have excellent benefits, bonus programs, scrubs are provided, and so much more. I personally like that the office closes for an entire week twice per year, so planning a vacation is a breeze! I was skeptical about entering a corporate setting because I never worked for corporate, but now I wish I would have done this sooner!!! If you are considering a career move and are looking for a great team-oriented practice, do yourself a favor and give Affordable Dentures a try! You will be glad you did!!
Pros
Benefits, positive environment, bonuses in place
Cons
There are no cons that come to mind
Beware
Front Desk Clerk (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 19, 2017
The whole company is not organized. The corporate side seems just as wicked and twisted as the individual practice owners. This one in particular only cares about money, not the safety of the patient or the employee. Whatever you are promised, make sure to get it in writing. The long vacations are nice and so are some of the perks, if you can stand the dentist long enough to enjoy them
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
I love working for this company!
Operations Consultant (Current Employee) –  Florida State, FLJuly 17, 2017
The benefits are great and the environment is wonderful. I started as an Office Manager and now have been promoted to an Operations Consultant so the opportunities with this company are endless. I have been very pleased and would recommend a job with Affordable Dentures and Implants.
Pros
Great Benefits, Excellent pay
extremely high employee turn over!
FDA (Former Employee) –  Kenosha, WIMay 31, 2017
I worked in the Kenosha office as the FDA for 2 1/2 years . During that time I had five different Doctors come and go. Two assistant also quit while I was there . You can't keep quality employees if you treat your staff like poorly ! Expect to work long hours with no thanks!
RUN away!!!!
Pros
Giving patients a beautiful smile
Cons
Extremely poor management all the way up to corporate
Not highly recommended
Unknown (Former Employee) –  Kannapolis, NCMay 28, 2017
The benefits are great how ever the longevity of most employees is anywhere from six months to a year.
The dentist, front desk and clinical staff are pushed to the furthest limits of stress and anxiety daily, Monday through Friday.
On an average morning a practice will see anywhere between 24 to 26 patients.
In the afternoon there is only one assistant to deliver the same day service prosthetics.
The staff is also expected to do the daily housekeeping so the overtime is very common and gets old very fast.
Most of the time the lunch hour is cut very short.
The company does not set up the practices to be OSHA ready. That is also left up to dentist and staff after training is through.
They did eventually hire a consultant to help with this .
Due to the mounting pressure from company and particularly from the practice consultant, the dentist gets very temperamental, very difficult to communicate with and essentially just stops caring about practice and staff.
Gossip and backstabbing is overlooked by undesirables who are allowed to remain so job security is non existent.
Go somewhere else if you can
Benefits
Cons
All the rest