Afirm Employee Reviews

2.6
Ratings breakdown
Contractors be Warned
Loss Control Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 6, 2018
Wish I had visited glassdoor.com for a company review first. Company has many years of terrible reviews by its contractors. Was deliberately mislead to think I would make between $50k-$60K a year. I cried tears of joy thinking I had finally made it. Joke was on me. I was lucky to make $1000 a month. That is no exaggeration. They pay by the job telling you "$36 for a one hour job". They don't tell you it takes about 2-3 hours to complete 1 "one hour job". Feel like I was taken advantage of and manipulated. I trusted and believed the individual that hired me. He bold-faced lied to me. After combing the internet for more information about the company I find nothing but negativity from former employees and industry peers.
Pros
Cons
exploited employees
Horrible Hypocritical Company
Premium Field Auditor (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJune 12, 2018
Do not waste your time with this company. They will sale you a dream before you know it. Managers make money and you make peanuts and the workload is overloaded on every Auditor.
Pros
Travel
Cons
No work balance, money is not worth the stress, they do not care about your health
Awful Company, would give 0 stars if i could
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMay 17, 2018
Low pay, no training, really high expectations, no support, expected to perform miracles from day one. I haven't even been with the company for two week"s and i suffered from bullying and harassment on a few occasions from managers
Pros
You find out straight away its an awful job and a terrible company
Cons
Worst job ever
Bad experience
Insurance Premium Auditor (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMay 16, 2018
I do not recommend this company at all. Management was a joke and the training experience was terrible. The compensation was bare minimums yet they expected you to work tirelessly to complete tasks.
No thank you
Independent Contractor - Field Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMay 2, 2018
The management showed little concern about the wellbeing of the contractors. The management were not able to acquire an adequate amount of field representatives to perform the work. The active representatives are overwhelmed.
job review
HH Gregg - Loss Prevention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 15, 2018
The position is an independent contractor and I have an extensive territory that involves a large amount of time on the road. Support is adequate. Payroll is timely and automatically generated.
Pros
autonomy
Cons
travel
Overuse of personel vehicle and no compensation
Loss Control Inspector (Former Employee) –  Southern CAApril 14, 2018
Unrealistic. Travel time and no compensation. Extensive work in mountain areas. Wrong addresses on work orders and no scheduling for appointments. Appears to be high tech but fails to support its people in the field.
Pros
Cons
To much travel with no compensation
Great place
Premium Audit Reviewer (Current Employee) –  United StatesMarch 21, 2018
Great place to work with very supportive management. They listen to your ideas and implement them. Insurance is very good and time off is fair. Best place I have worked!
Too much work, too little time
Premium Auditor (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MINovember 28, 2017
Too much work, too little time. I didn't/couldn't keep up with the work amount expected of me,.I spoke with others, highly stressful atmosphere for minimal pay.
Outstanding opportunity to learn.
Insurance Premium Auditor (Current Employee) –  Concord, NCNovember 24, 2017
Good opportunity to learn while working from home. Steady leadership with a good training program. Easy access to training and continuing education online.
Pros
Working from home.
Cons
No health benefits.
production driven factory
rep (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CANovember 3, 2017
There is a very steep learning curve. You are forced to produce a LARGE amount of work in the very beginning when you are still trying to learn the job. There must be at least 5 people on staff that keep sending you emails to finish your assignments.
Count on working at least 10 hours a week extra to stay on track.
You are paid minimum wage until you hit a threshold of assignments, which in fact are not easy to complete.
Management is always on your back telling you to produce.
Typical production scenario...
Pros
Cons
takes at least a year excel here. Until then, the pay is not good
Great job if you enjoy meeting new people
Premium Auditor (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COOctober 11, 2017
Being a Premium Auditor means you are meeting new people every day. You visit them, look over records, and report your findings. You will encounter all types of personalities, from those who don't want you to view their records at all, to those who want you to be part of their family. It's a great job if you want to work from home, but still want to get out of the house regularly. You will schedule appointments and visit businesses and then return home to finish your reports and submit it. The hardest part of the job is dealing with people who don't have their records in order and don't want to comply with the audit. The most enjoyable part is meeting so many new people.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Excellent job to do from home or on the go
Premium Auditor (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COJune 5, 2017
Afirm allows for you to work from home creating your own schedule and workload. This has been an excellent part-time job for me as a single mother. I am able to bring in some extra money. On the job training has been excellent and has allowed for a smooth transition into another workplace.
Small business
Contract Bookkeeper (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaMarch 28, 2017
This is a typical small business where the owner is very much involved in the day to day running of the business, which can make it challenging for the focus on accuracy.