Afirm Employee Reviews

Good Training Program
Loss Prevention Rep- Commercial and Personal Lines (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJuly 8, 2019
I worked as an Independent Contractor, handling the Central Ohio territory. Good company, strong training program.I worked out of my home, the company is located in Fort Collins Co.
Productive environment, with diverse job requirements that made it interesting.
QA Audit Reviewer (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJune 18, 2019
Work was diverse and interesting. Learned to use reference websites and manuals more effectively. Management was extremely accessible and cared about team members. The hardest part was classification. The most enjoyable part was working with the audit software and billing.
Pros
Worked at home.
Cons
Meeting quotas
Stressful
Auditor (Current Employee) –  South Florida, FLMarch 26, 2019
The job orders are incomplete so you have to spend more time doing research or contracting insurance agent for help. They set a time limit on audit although some audits take for time to do. They get upset if you go over the time limit so you sometimes end up losing money becaue they will not compensate you for the real time dedicated to doing the audit. No, parking, tolls or mileage reimbursement. If there is a correction that they want made, they will not compensate you for additional time dedicated to audit. It takes 2 weeks for you to get paid.
Pros
Flexible time
Cons
TIme restraints to do an audit and hourly payment
Unstable, extreme stress
Customer Services (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMarch 24, 2019
One feels like a new employee here daily. Management is unstable and constantly making changes to jobs. Stress levels are beyond what one should encounter at a job each day. Will not employ enough staff to make the company's plan successful. Dumps too many duties onto one department leaving other departments unaccountable for their work. Managers do not even understand or know what employees jobs completely entail. Managers have unrealistic expectations of staff since they fail to realize that more staff is needed to accomplish the excessive amount of duties that they set for one department. Top management are good people, but are not the best at being the leaders that a company needs. Managers cannot get their Independent Contractor staff to complete work timely and do not seem to be held accountable for this. The responsibility is placed on the team under the manager. Again, the company does not seem to understand the need of more staff to accomplish the goals that they expect. They continuously "bite off more than they can chew" and make the internal staff pick up the pieces when the jobs cannot be done and accounts fall apart.
Cons
Excessive STRESS
Management did not listen or care
Premium Auditor (Former Employee) –  Syracuse, NYMarch 21, 2019
Management and recruiting promised one thing then after contract signed they wanted way more time and travlel to places. No compensation for travel, no compensation for extra time doing complicated audits. Bad support! “Just hang in there”, is neither training nor is it helpful when having a problem or issue!! The training they provide is less than adequate to say the least AND not legal in the capacity of being a contract worker. I exited my contract successfully when they wanted me to drive all over the state. No thank you.
Pros
Not sure
Cons
Not paid for your time
Up until last year I really enjoyed working at Afirm
Critical Account Specialist (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COFebruary 24, 2019
A lot of this does not apply to me because I work remote. Last year Afirm changed to a new processing system. When the roll out came they were not fully ready which made our jobs much harder and frustrating. On top of that upper management decided to charge the structure of the company. All of the CSC were given new territories, clients & IC's to monitor. Afirm lost many good reps, managers, employees and clients during this frustrating time. From that point on I felt like a pawn on a big chess board since they never gave the new plan a chance before changing again.
Pros
I work remote
Cons
I miss the social aspect
Stay Away
Auditor (Former Employee) –  USAJanuary 13, 2019
Do not work for this company. They are unfair, low paying. Everyone who works for them is miserable. I would give a negative rating if I could. Stay AWAY!!
Cons
A great place to start in the insurance industry.
Loss Control Representative (Current Employee) –  La Mesa, CADecember 5, 2018
A great place to start in the insurance industry.

The day to day work flow consists of scheduling, on site inspections and completing the reports. The best way to navigate these obligations is to master your time management skills. The management staff is very helpful, informative and understanding.
Don't bother
Loss Control Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZNovember 29, 2018
They act like they are looking out for their workers, but could care less. Incomplete or inaccurate information to start just adds to the time to complete an assignment. Take in all the associated expenses of operations besides the commitment of time beyond what is claimed to complete a report, adds up to be barely covering your expenses. Is it worth it? Definitely not. High turnover and rampant dis-satisfaction since the change to a new system. Makes things take even longer and job worth even less.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Incomplete information provided and difficulty scheduling with contacts.
Unexpected layoff
CLIENT SERVICES COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COOctober 9, 2018
When I was hired at Afirm, I was newly located to Fort Collins from Illinois. I was hired as a Scheduler, but not even an hour into the first day, I was told that I would not be a Scheduler, but would be working in processing. Got hired in July and laid off at the end of September. They told me that the position was temporary and that since their backlog was caught up, they were needing to lay off people. We were never informed that our position was temporary. Had they done that, I could have been looking for another position while working there. My family depends on my income, and now, we may lose our house if I can't find work soon. Thanks so much Afirm.
Benefits
Cons
Over-worked, stressful, poor management, lies
Sometimes flexible schedule
Insurance Auditor (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MISeptember 28, 2018
Started out good, then they started a new computer program and we had to work out of both programs. Been there over a year with no raise at all, but a lot more work.
Great people - MUCH work
Client Service Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COSeptember 14, 2018
THe company reorganizes the districts about every three months creating an impossible task of figuring your new clients out just before they are changed again. If you take a day off, it will take you three days to catch up on your work. Management has a totally unrealistic idea of how much work people can handle. That said, the people there are above average and help to make the better. I would not say it was specifically high stress, but from the second you get there til the second you leave there are things to do, it is a never ending trail of work - it does make the day go fast!
Was a good company and then came AuSuM
Loss Control Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORAugust 26, 2018
I worked for these guys for years and the work was always consistent, management easy to work with, good CSC support, and ease of use with their software. Then they got bought out by a Canadian company - or there was a merger of some sort. The company we merged with had to use this "AuSuM" system and so they made us change the software we used to complete our reports with and that's when it all fell apart.

The software is terrible. The software transition was even worse. Clients, reviewers, and field reps dropped like flies after that. So many people bailed out. I dreaded typing now as it took twice as long to enter in field reports then our last system. There was no additional compensation for this either. This transition was a colossal mistake. I don't think they ever recovered from it. I loved my manager but I now dread working for them. There are so many new people now, I don't know who to reach out to for any questions or assistance.

I probably would have continued working for them if they had offered me more money per hour, but they refused, so I left. I wish them well but if they still have that ridiculous software, as well as no one knowing what to do, I wouldn't go back to them.
Pros
Flexibility of schedule, nice managers
Cons
Poor pay for the time you're in the field/typing reports, no consistent work offered, horrible software.
Contractors be Warned
Loss Control Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 6, 2018
Wish I had visited glassdoor.com for a company review first. Company has many years of terrible reviews by its contractors. Was deliberately mislead to think I would make between $50k-$60K a year. I cried tears of joy thinking I had finally made it. Joke was on me. I was lucky to make $1000 a month. That is no exaggeration. They pay by the job telling you "$36 for a one hour job". They don't tell you it takes about 2-3 hours to complete 1 "one hour job". Feel like I was taken advantage of and manipulated. I trusted and believed the individual that hired me. He bold-faced lied to me. After combing the internet for more information about the company I find nothing but negativity from former employees and industry peers.
Pros
Cons
exploited employees
Set in their ways
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJuly 7, 2018
I like the people and the work is fine. I have trouble with them not wanting new ideas. It has worked a certain way for so long that some people don't see a need for change. That being said, they do seem to be hiring a lot of younger people and this may help bring new ideas to an established company. If you want a secure job than this is a good company.
Pros
People seem genuily happy to be there.
Cons
Pay
Horrible Hypocritical Company
Premium Field Auditor (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COJune 12, 2018
Do not waste your time with this company. They will sale you a dream before you know it. Managers make money and you make peanuts and the workload is overloaded on every Auditor.
Pros
Travel
Cons
No work balance, money is not worth the stress, they do not care about your health
Awful Company, would give 0 stars if i could
Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMay 17, 2018
Low pay, no training, really high expectations, no support, expected to perform miracles from day one. I haven't even been with the company for two week"s and i suffered from bullying and harassment on a few occasions from managers
Pros
You find out straight away its an awful job and a terrible company
Cons
Worst job ever
Bad experience
Insurance Premium Auditor (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMay 16, 2018
I do not recommend this company at all. Management was a joke and the training experience was terrible. The compensation was bare minimums yet they expected you to work tirelessly to complete tasks.
No thank you
Independent Contractor - Field Representative (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMay 2, 2018
The management showed little concern about the wellbeing of the contractors. The management were not able to acquire an adequate amount of field representatives to perform the work. The active representatives are overwhelmed.
job review
HH Gregg - Loss Prevention Specialist (Current Employee) –  Indianapolis, INApril 15, 2018
The position is an independent contractor and I have an extensive territory that involves a large amount of time on the road. Support is adequate. Payroll is timely and automatically generated.
Pros
autonomy
Cons
travel