Afni Employee Reviews

Terrible Culture
Project Coach (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJanuary 19, 2018
I liked my direct manager but this place is a zoo. They churn through employees (at least in my department) and the culture was terrible. Employees were told sales were not part of the job but then sales goals were created and employees were let go for not hitting sales targets. Also, they constantly were adjusting peoples schedules to include weekends.
Management lacks intergity; no work like balance. The management staff do not know what theyre doing.
Director (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALJanuary 18, 2018
The employees are not treated fair. A lot of favoritism is shown by management. Management lacks training and the skills necessary to assist employees
Poor Management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJanuary 15, 2018
Poor management is a major problem at the Bowling Green facility. They always talk about how good the culture is there but it is actually a very poor culture and the amount of sudden firing of managers and lack of explanation is horrific.
Pros
Cons
a lot
Fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 14, 2018
Great job to work for good company ways to move up within the company. Good management. And alot of new stuff to learn. On the phones. taking back to back calls
Stressful
3rd Party Debt Collector Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJanuary 13, 2018
Great to learn about collections and debt collection laws. Job Training could be improved in many ways. Overall stressful with having to make monthly goal that isn't realist with in the first three months.
Pros
Great benefits, Constant reviews on your calls and preformance
Cons
Job Training
Productive, fun, competitive work place with room for Advancement
Cox Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 12, 2018
I really liked my job when I worked at Afni. The people are great, the pay is competitive, and they have team challenges and games to earn prizes and gift cards! The system they use for PTO, FMLA,ADA etc. is really easy to use and you acrew PTO every paycheck. When ypu meet sales goals or customer service goals the bonus system is great! Working 40 hrs a week is promised and overtime is available during busy times.
Pros
Pto, Paid holidays, you get to pick your schedule, vending machines, good people
Cons
Not a lot of parking sometimes, can be picky with employment
Tough place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 10, 2018
Lots of games, favoritism. The basic job was easy, most of my coworkers were great, but mgmt. made it difficult. I miss my friends, not the place. Do not recommend.
Pros
Most of my coworkers.
Cons
Mgmt.
Afni- Not the BEST place to Work
representative (Current Employee) –  Auburn, ALJanuary 8, 2018
They always changing the rules/regulations without you know until the last minute, management lie/unorganized/unprofessional and the list goes on. The pay recently changed as we were making commission every two weeks now it is once a month but they gave up .50cent raise because of that change. It is always something with them. Annoying security guards checking for phones instead of weapons. This is an annoying place and Verizon is always calling the shots. I was not off on Christmas had to call out because they did not approve my time off. Please do not work here if you are not used to your shift changing all the time. They write you up for anything thing. Supervisors are all for themselves is either you out the door or them. The job just super unorganized and unrealistic goals you must hit each month. The place used to be fun in the past however we have had 5-6 center directors since I been there and I been there since 2013. Its just a same, I would recommend this job to my little brother or sister who never had a job before.
Constant changes with no compensation
Sales Rep (Current Employee) –  Opelika, ALJanuary 7, 2018
Each month the commission grid would change so that the agents would make less money at the time of pay out. Supervisors did not care about the lives of agents and made things even harder on those that already have/had a hard time.
Pros
Great benefits
Cons
Hounded about everything (breaks, time off, etc...)
its decent
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 6, 2018
you basically take calls all day. the job sucks and is kinda hard but i personally like to solve problems. management kinda sucks as well but the training was really good i felt prepared for my first day of production. i believe the people around you makes this job worth it i almost want to reapply so i can work with all those guys again. this is the best call center I've ever worked for. however it is hard and kinda BS but if you can't get passed that it could be a career.
Pros
pay, and PTO
Cons
stressful bad managment
Great Place to Work
HR Generalist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJanuary 5, 2018
Great communication and supportive group. Several tenured employees who have a great bond and are loyal to the company. Leaders are willing to listen and they work with school schedules so they are a great place to work if you are a student.
Pros
Discounts and Perks
Cons
Turnover
call center
Customer and Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALJanuary 3, 2018
very cliquey. If you weren't one of the guys don't expect to succeed. supervisor told me to quit. very fast passed and multiple chats at once . would not recommend
Good pay and benefits but management wasn't up to snuff very well
BGCO Chat Agent (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJanuary 2, 2018
The company spent too much time trying to appear as if it knew what was happening within the new department while the upper management was floundering to figure out what they were trying to do. Instead of taking advise from the employees who were using the systems everyday and able to find answers for the management they would just blow them off saying things like they were waiting for confirmation on it.
Fun but meticulous
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 30, 2017
Afni has great training and management but the workload is massive and overbearing. Dealing with angry customers is a difficult endeavor when you have to end calls with your customers as soon as possible and maintain positive stats and ratings
Never working there again
Subrogation Specialist I (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILDecember 29, 2017
Afni's motto is "A Great Place To Work" and it is far from it. It's all about favoritism with that Company. I will never work there again. I put almost 4 years of hard work into that company and was happy when they terminated me...even though it was for something false.
terrible place to work
SALES REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 29, 2017
management so unwilling to work with you and they cannot communicate effectively with you. They do not appreciate the agents that have worked there for years and will treat you like dirt unless you are a new hire, and after a few months if you are still employed they will disregard you. two years working there was way too long.
Afni
Customer Service Rep Agent (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 28, 2017
Working at Afni you must have a lot of patience because some of the customers are very hot headed you must also be good at multi tasking. I learned how to deescalate customers. The management is wonderful and it's very easy to get into management. All the coworkers are very friendly and helpful. The hardest part about the job is having to deal with the cruel opinions that the customers gave to say. The most enjoyable part of the job was making new friends.
Pros
Hour lunches and two 15 minute breaks
Cons
Rude customers
Make sure you don't disagree with your boss
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 28, 2017
If you have a different point of view than your manager it doesn't matter. If you disagree you will be fired and they'll find some other "yes man" to replace you with.
Typical Call Center
Floor Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 26, 2017
Average call center work weekends and holidays
Answer Inbound calls
hardest part of the job: Irate customers and the inability to resolve customers issue due to inadequate software, and limited access to software programs
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Opelika, AL 36801December 22, 2017
A typical day at work would be to answer calls as they would come into the queue and assist the customer with whatever they needed one customer at a time.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Afni. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9