Afni Employee Reviews

United States1,649 reviews
Found 1,649 reviews matching the search
afni was a very cultural diverse place of work. All the employees were unique. Many employees were fresh out of high school and some were middle age to seniors. The supervisors (coaches) were very down to earth and helpful.the afni i worked for handled verizon wireless customers. It was also a typical call center. Several people sitting next to eachother answering phone calls.
Pros
supportive management, tuition reimbursement, flexible schedule, bonuses if goals are met. Great for first job
Cons
micromanaging on time and breaks diciplinary action would follow if 1 minute late, sitting at a desk all day headset. Angry customers.
Poor training, poor management, useless supervisors who do not do their jobs, no help given when employees need help with customer issues. High turn over rate. In a class of 18 that I was in only 1 or 2 left. Company expects employees to do work that they were not properly trained or not trained for at all. Afni focuses on the negative of an employee rather than any of their positive attributes. Very stressful, customers constantly being rude and plain nasty to employees. Afni does not back up their employees at all. Verizon is the main company employees will work for through afni. Both Verizon and afni are horrible companies to be associated with.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, poor supervisors, terrible teachers, good coaches seem to get fired. Employees are treated poorly.
I feel like the coachings make you feel like you're not doing anything right, even though you are working like a dog on every call, and truly helping customers. It's a horrible system set up that doesn't benefit the customer- it's about acheiving your stats (at the expense of the customer, in my opinion). The stats they judge us on are a joke and unrealistic. The trainings are terrible and you are basically "thrown to the wolves" on your calls. The computer tools don't work half the time, and when they do, they are not always accurate. Horrible place to work.
Pros
pay (sort of)
Cons
stress, horrible work environment
Very ChIldish !!! Think twice about going there . Do it if your in desperate need only. Good way to run up on cash but it’s seems like high school kids are working there
Job seekers rely on your experience.
I have worked in call centers for 22 years and this is one of the worst places i have ever worked for. You have no support and your micro managed all the time. The support is about a 15 to 1 ratio but they expect you to have super low handle time. They have metrics that i personally feel set you up to fail. The main driver for a bonus is achievable i just dont agree with it.
Pros
flexibility with time off
Cons
micro management but also lack of support. Tell me how that makes sense.
There team leaders and support team is the worse they dont complete task on demands . The drive is to far for the pay the customers are rude but that's to be expected but if they taught more training then you would be able to handle the calls better.They also hire and play to much on the job .
Pros
Free time
Cons
Long drive
This job was a good learning experience . It taught me how to speak to people and communicate on a more professional note . The supervisors were outgoing and they made the experience feel like more than a job .
There are other places to work besides AFNI and you'd be smart to avoid AFNI for every other place to work. There is nothing positive about my experience at AFNI.
Pros
Cons
List is too long
You are trained for a number of weeks to learn how to communicate over the phone, and have the tools to become a solid customer service representative.
Overall a great place to start out and progress, as long as you keep your work at work, and your home life at home. Happy environment overall and training was adequate.
Pros
Great break room and catering
Cons
Slight lack of communication in some departments
Online sales chat you have to talk to three people at one time often having to guide through databases, verify sales and figure out specialized pricing at the same time for $13/hr. Another job where they tell you “you make your own salary” but give you a dollar for selling a $1500 phone and plan. Your money comes from selling extras: accessories, insurance plans and extra devices.
You are told that you will be coached to do better but here is an example of what you will here every week for your coaching, “You’re doing a great job. You’re one of the best on the team. Just keep doing what you are doing.” Then last week I took an unplanned bathroom break and my coach calls me and tells me. “You’re putting yourself on the directors radars. She keeps asking about your wrap-up time and it makes you look bad.” The week before I got a warning because my I went to my grandmas funeral that weekend because she died of COVID. Even though I told my boss first thing about her dying at the beginning of the workweek.

You’ll get farther if you’re a buttkisser too. Never been my style. This isn’t my first time working for this client either. I did if for another call center and actually REALLY ENJOYED my position. This place just has a terrible culture.
Pros
Three day weekend
Cons
Bad work culture and unrealistic work expectations
Client is Verizon for perspective.

Imagine taking a phone call, now imagine getting off the phone only to have another call immediately pop up. Imagine this nonsense for an 8 - 10 hour shift.

When I was first starting a few years back, it wasn't as bad as it is now. It was zero sales pressure with a couple minutes between calls. While that might not sound like much, this small time to relax helps a ton to prevent mental stress. Some of my coaches that's been there longer would joke how they rarely made money as agents since they always had VTO avaliable.

Now? With the exception of Sunday (even then this can vary), it's relentless calls with no break between them. If you use "wrap up" to the max allowed time of 1 minute too often, you get yelled at. Then there is the questionable ethics of newly added sales pressure for customer service in a Covid-19 world. When we just started transitioning agents to work at home as the virus was really hitting, we were getting a lot of I need help type calls. Instead of being sympathetic, the client decides we should become sales drones to "sell customers the value". It's disgusting that with the pandemic going on, this is the focus.

Afni loses a ton of respect for letting Verizon walk over them over caring about their agents views in all this. We don't get commission like sales does yet we're supposed to do their job on top of ours. This stat is VPC or "value per contact". Doesn't matter if customers are struggling, the expection is to upsale them. No joke. I got a coaching for NOT raising a man's bill because I dared saved him cash
 - more...
Pros
Cheap dental and vision insurance
Cons
everything else
I had worked there exactly 1 year, and even as stressful as that job was for me, I loved working there. At first it was a laid back but productive atmosphere there, and low stress levels. As soon as my original manager had left, the following manager was way cool and easy to work with. He was realistic about metrics, and productivity levels, which was great. However, after some budget meeting , they laid off devs that had been there for 15 or more years in one day. No notice of any kind. They also slashed team budgets in half across the board in the company and started just laying off people that were in a mid to high level salary range in every department Just to re-org the business because the executives there, had nothing better to do than ruin people's lives with little to no notice. But while I did work there I loved working with those people there. The people really were very inspiring to work with.
Pros
Good pay for people that were getting a salary. Not so much though on the hourly employees
Cons
high pressure position, Office Politics like no other, and a few people that shouldn't had been promoted to director level positions.
It wasn’t bad, most of the promotions are based on tenure, rather than skill. That’s really the only “knock” against the entire company. Even if you’re a better fit, or better at your job, you still may not get to the next level.
I love Afni I wish there was more support for questions provers have that I haven’t been taught and can’t find info in support point. It is hard to get connect with support for questions that I was not taught
Cons
The pay
I needed ANY job fast. Big mistake. After 5 weeks of training, I was LOST with the first call. To them, employees are their statistics-which are rigged to keep you from bonusing. I earned one-never got it. MGMT? worthless. Need help? Ask someone else. Health insurance? Aw, you missed the deadline that we didn't tell you about. Have to wait a YEAR. RUN away. FAST.
Pros
I usually work in healthcare, so, I didn't have one lick of experience. Didn't matter. Hired on the spot.
Cons
I got the job.
Answering inbound calls from customers churn rate is really high there are 3-4 out of 28 still there after 3 months throw you to the wolves pretty fast and tell you good luck each day they help less and less but there are things you do they won’t even talk about no y jacking to learn most bosses will walk in right at the time Or after we are on calls will need a supervisor and ones not there
Pros
If you are good at upselling and talking to people you can make good money
Cons
Management is really poor
They constantly change their commission structure making it harder and harder to earn income for sales. Don't work here. They are absolutely not flexible with anyone.
I started at this company and made team lead pretty quickly. I got promoted over some people who had been there. They falsely reported me my personal Facebook page to corporate because they were upset I got promoted so fast. They said they felt offended by my post and they didn’t even work there. No investigation was done I was showed the door and I was the best team leader there. Had best stats and attendance none of that mattered.
Pros
The training is great prepared me for leadership role
Cons
Work environment is horrible!
We are told in training, which is a joke, that we will have support and that is far from the truth. When we get an escalated call no one will take the call for us. Then if we tell the customer there is no one to take the call, we get reprimanded by our coach.
Pros
Pay is ok
Cons
No support
Answer customer calls to determine customer needs and assist them during the phone call.

Great opportunity for sales growth

Great starting place for others looking to learn to sell producs/promotions

Pros
money
Cons
scheduling