Afni

Afni Employee Reviews

Found 1,761 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,790 reviews

Afni insights

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Sense of belonging
  • Energizing work tasks

Good job for recently graduated or college students

I think this is a good customer service job for people who don’t like to be on the phones. This is a chat only position which I loved. The only downside I had was really the system. There was always issues that effected my sales so much. There are some really good coaches there to help you though!

Great training to get you started

Management was there for you, doing everything that they can to help you. Great work environment. Once on the production floor or working from home you always have a support system.

Afni

Afni is a company where management agrees with management and only allows regular staff to just do their job. If you are not apart of upper management your feedback on policies or things that need to be changed are all unheard. They even will state that certain things are out of their control yet in orientation/training your taught one way and then on the floor/call center they give you advice on how to work around the policies/procedures in order to make their company money. With the money you make for their company they do not give any of it back to their employees seniority or not.

Pros

Lunches, time off

Cons

Management, policies and procedures fluctuating to earn Afni money only

Fun

Nice job flexible but can be frustrating with scheduling. It’s a good beginner job for home. Provides experience and connections plus paid time off and be exits

Pros

Lunch

Cons

Scheduling

I had the best supervisor

My supervisor was very supportive. She put a lot of time in pulling us off the phones and counseling us when our numbers weren’t up to par. There were many bonuses that were not hard to get if you put in the effort. Always some kind of contest going on to boost moral. My only complaint was my schedule so choose wisely when stating here because it will be very hard to get it changed.

Pros

Pay, bonuses, contests

Cons

Changing your schedule is hard

Share your experience

Let job seekers know what it's like to work at your company.

Great place

Overall the pay was great and the environment was also comfortable . The only thing that I did not like was the scheduling . However they do work with you .

Pros

Pay/ events they have

Cons

Scheduling

CustomerCare

Just started training here and hoping to take job far. Training is all day but very informative. Need more time to give a better review of job. Seem like typical call center.

Not fun, takes toll on mental health

Management doesn't care about you. You get PTO but never sufficient enough to keep you sane in this work environment. Customer CARE but they don't want you to care, they want you to sell.

Pros

Work from home - Bonus if you get someone to work there for 6 months

Cons

Everything else

Awful!!!

Worst place that you could possibly work, the OM’s have no idea what they are doing! They promise you certain things and never follow through. I would have given 0 Stars if I could.

Okay place to work

My experience with Afni only became bearable when I moved to the social media department. The pay was decent, but policies were constantly changing, including the metrics we had to measure up to. This was a difficult position to keep up with in order to remain good at your job. So, as long as you’re comfortable with never getting too comfortable with what’s expected of you, you might be able to succeed.

Pros

Decent pay

Cons

Constant changes to policies and metric quotas

Jobs at Afni

See more jobs

Not the worst you could find.

The majority of negative views I’ve heard from this company were people who weren’t willing to show up. They weren’t willing to actually do the job they were hired to do. You will see many people succeed and if you don’t you will have many chances to improve your behavior. During this most recent Covid recession afni helped me stay afloat with optional ot and job security. However it likely will burn you out with doing the same job day after day. Even after promotion the stress was rarely worth the pay. Met some truly amazing people who I respect but the job just doesn’t feel as rewarding as it used to

Pros

Lunches/breaks/coworkers management

Cons

Long term progress/ job satisfaction

Good when you need it but not much advancement

Pay was really great at the time but more jobs are paying the same and you don't won't have people taking their emotions out on you nearly enough at the other jobs. Not much you can do except wait half an hour for a manager with an already upset customer. And you'll be taking it for at least a year before you can look into advancing.If customer service is your thing: great benefitsBlue cross health insurance And Pay is pretty good at 16$ an hour.

Pros

Great benefits. Pay is good. Hour lunch

Cons

Not much support from management. Slow advancement

All sucked

Takes took long and it’s to difficult for supervisors to help agents and we have customers on the line waiting for one but never get one because “supervisors” say for agents to handle it

Lack of humanity

Everyone was very rude. Didn’t take anything serious. Coming to work was miserable. Coaches never listened if you had a concern or issue. Was very unfair

High Turnover

The turnover rate was high due to unrealistic expectations. They also seemed to have picks and choices when it came down to who received the best support in the company.

Work does not match pay

The expectations on agents are constantly increasing while pay stays low. Constant system and network issues. Nothing gets fixed but you are expected to use work around for everything while meeting ridiculously ever changing standards. Just don’t do it. If you are, apply for a chat position. You only get 40 hours of paid sick time per year given to you 2 hours at a time each pay period. That’s if they decide to give it to you on time.

Pros

Work from home

Cons

Short breaks, no time off

Decent place to work

So far so good. The teachers and trainers are really nice and walk you through everything. The training is a week long and pretty intense but it’s not too bad. Hour long lunch breaks are nice too.

Pros

Hour long lunches

Cons

Poorly run from top down.

Difficult to succeed with the structure of learning while you try not to fail reviews without proper instruction and management got there by just getting by.

Pros

Reasonable pay for the industry.

Cons

Lack of training to succeed at job and grow as a successful employee.

Bad management and not flexible with hours

Afni is a call center and is a hard place to work at. You spend 8 hours at the desk answering phones and addressing customer concerns. If you need a supervisor for an escalated call then forget about it. Supervisor's either won't respond or will take a REALLY long time to answer. HR is terrible. I reached out to them about a concern I had about not receiving help and they told my supervisor who told me to not talk to HR if I'm having issues with a call. At that point, I had reached out to 8 supervisor's who wouldn't help with the call that lasted over 2 hours long. If you have patience then this would be a great place to work at but if you need assistance then forget about it. They are very strict on scheduling as well. If you don't have PTO or sick hours then you are pressured to go to work even if you don't feel well.

Pros

Guaranteed hours and opportunities for overtime

Cons

Bad management

Great company

It's a great company that cares for their employees. We're treated as more than just workers but real human beings. That consideration and team effort has reflected through how we do our jobs. How great this job can be is based on how much you're willing to cooperate and communicate.

Pros

flexible schedules, paid training, and opportunities to be promoted within 6 months

Cons

N/a

Sap the life out of you

The biggest issue is that this company believes that every person should be able to have the same skills and strengths. Not everyone is cut our for sales and they have slowly cut us away from different job types and change our titles over night that we are sales associates that don’t get paid commission. When you tell them this they say, well it’s not a sales position your just uncovering their needs and providing them the services suited for them - yes and that is basically what a sales person is and does. It makes it easier if you actually went into the department classified and labeled as sales because they’ll look ar you sideways if you can’t increase value on calls if someone has lost a family member or calling in for a huge credit. Do yourself a favor. Unless your strong willed and don’t really care then if look for a company that doesn’t focus on your weaknesses. You’ll be much happier.

Pros

Work from home, discount on cell service

Cons

Nit picky about every second your not on the phone, literally drains the life out of you, no holidays off too much money to be made for them

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Afni. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Ratings from women

2.9
InHerSight Score
2.5Personal Development
3.5Career Opportunities
2.7Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight
Powered byInHerSight

Compare Afni with

• Afni
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?