Afni Employee Reviews

Customer service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALAugust 18, 2018
Don’t go unless you can handle the stress of keeping up stats & don’t mind frequent changes as well as working mandatory overtime. If you trying to make some good money definitely the place to be.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Stressful
This place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYAugust 13, 2018
If you have kids, no life, a high car note, or a drinker my problem then this is the job for you. If you enjoy people complaining in your ear for 8 hours a day 40-50hrs a week then come on down and sign up today.
Pros
There was air conditioning
Cons
Everything else
It really wants to be a great place to work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 13, 2018
Afni goes through ups and downs with the environment and culture. The slogan "great place to work" is dependent on the quality of management. No defined development of leadership due to lack of qualified managers.
Pros
Great people make the job less stressful
Cons
Client has to mucn pull with how day to day is run
Fast Paced
Debt collector II (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILAugust 13, 2018
Afni is a very faced paced collections business. There are many of opportunities to increase your income and advance. Great people are around every corner.
Na
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Opelika, ALAugust 9, 2018
Afni is an okay place to work, although the job is very demanding and insensitive to personal problems or medical problems. They over work you and fail to assist with stressful situations
Afni was a good place to work
New Employee Experience Training Coach (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 6, 2018
While the job atmosphere is very diverse, so there is quite a bit of "drama," I was pleased with the respect and opportunity I was given at Afni. I came to my job every day doing the best I could and the respect is always returned if given.
Fun place to work
In bound call salesman (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 4, 2018
I received calls from customer's with issues and helped them in any way I could. the facility was cleans and I met great people while I was there. I enjoyed my time there.
Pros
relaxed environment
Cons
lung hours
Good environment
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 2, 2018
Really is a great place to work if sitting at a desk getting yelled at if that is something you can take then the benefits will make it worth it for you
Fun, friendly and competitive
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILAugust 1, 2018
Afni was fun and offers the chance for friendly competition for bonuses and incentives. The environment is fast paced and always growing. It's a company where you can grow as you learn.
the contradicting job
Chat Representative (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALAugust 1, 2018
the job overall is easy. however, afni does have weird policies as far as not taking hospital excuses. If you and your coach dont see eye to eye then they can eaily mess up your position regardless of the efforts you put in.
Pros
insurance
Cons
attendance policy
Fast paced
Project Coach (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 31, 2018
I supervised 20 on line agents. I kept records of their progress and sales rates. I listened to their phone calls and mentored all of them.

I learnt how to work well with others on a project.
Management was sporadic as it was a new project and they were not sure how to handle it.

The culture was juvenile, most workers hadn't received high school education and it was their first job. Rewards were in the form of ice-cream and WIFI game playing.

Hardest part of the job was the fact that customer promotions were offered and we were not informed until a wee after the promotion started; therefore it was hard to keep up with the company's policies.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the 10 team members I worked with.
Pros
Work with group of ten
Cons
no benefits
Great Place to Work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 29, 2018
Great benefits and pay. Great fixed or flexible hours that allow you to work on a schedule that is good for you. Staff ensure you the best training to do good.
Positive Work Environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJuly 27, 2018
Effectively managed a high-volume of inbound and outbound customer calls.
Addressed and resolved customer product complaints for Verizon Long Distance phone services empathetically and professionally.
Referred unresolved customer grievances to designated departments for further investigation.
Trained multiple employees on data systems and customer service.
Overall, it was a very positive work environment in which I gained a lot of customer service experience.
People I worked with were friendly
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJuly 25, 2018
This place has a high over turn rate due to lack of pay and lack of good management to help improve the job. People there are very miserable and it makes for an unpleasant atmosphere.
products and services
customer service rep (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILJuly 25, 2018
i really enjoyed working at AFNI, It was one of the most enjoyable places to work. The environment was very relaxed. the products and services the sold were reputable, I enjoyed helping the customers and I learned a lot about the products and services.
Csr
Receivables Management/Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJuly 23, 2018
Worked in receivables management at Afni. Took inbound and outbound calls and processed payments. Did work for high profile companies, Collected on past due accounts.
Customer Serice
Long Distance Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 20, 2018
Solved issues with telephone bill by helping the customer over the phone.
Explained in details customers phone bills and transactions.
Afni offered customer service in different languages.
The hardest part was when I couldn't help the customer due to the late fee.
Got to explain the summary of their bill and was understood.
Stressful enviornment where no help is offered.
One source (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZ 85710July 20, 2018
A typical day at work is immediately getting on the phones, with no help from management until they want to come and help you. And they will be rude about you asking for help.
productive work, very emotionally drainig
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 19, 2018
the people, the place, the management are all outstanding and I really do love it. I just don't like the actual work of constantly arguing with customers about billing and service/ coverage. it taught me great customer rep skills but it is emotionally draining.
Pros
above minimum wage
Cons
short breaks
Great place to learn about new mobile
Billing and customer service (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 18, 2018
Great customer service training. Working at afni has definitely helped me to better understand customer service. Awesome paid traing. I recommend working there for the training if nothing else. I would recommend it to anyone who is looking to work with customers
Pros
Excellent training
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Afni. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.6

2.4Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight