Afni Employee Reviews

Found 1,267 reviews matching the search See all 1,280 reviews
Not too shabby
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 19, 2018
This workplace was the worst that I had ever been in. You come in and are excepted to make the quota with no meeting in advance and no way of knowing what the quota is daily.
Pros
Cons
everything
Synopsis
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 18, 2018
Overall a great company to work for, just micro-managed. It is easy to get back cstat scores for individuals and score them on false customer feedback, but the team scores help to make up for the integral and bonus.

Advanced customer support and relations is key to fitting in well with work development and enjoying being part of a supportive team. If you leave Afni and come back, they take you back, which is very nice considering the low income economy in Tucson. So, it is great for overall community and job support. Love Afni! I actually worked for Afni when it first opened in Tucson in the late 1990's, and was rehired in the latter 2000's, 2014, 2015-2017, ans still supporting and representing the company today for development and leveraging. Great call center! Lots of refresher training.
Pros
3 convenient locations in Tucson, love the company. My favorite is the NW Office, for the mountain view.
Cons
Pay is low and the bonuses sometimes pay out.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILOctober 17, 2018
Pretty good experience working there. Very fast paced and busy. Very challenging but overall fun. It’s a lot to intake but it was worth the training and learning
So happy to be here!
Leadership Team Member (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 16, 2018
I am appreciated, respected and feel like apart of the Afni family. I love my job! I go home every night knowing I have a career where I am making a difference everyday and I look forward to returning every morning. I absolutely love my team and my managers are so supportive!
Pros
Location, pay, opportunity for growth, autonomy, friendly environment, we laugh at work and have fun!
Cons
Benefits are a bit high, but still cheaper for me and my family than other employers.
productive work place
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALOctober 15, 2018
Afni was a great place to work especially if you are in school because of the flexible hours. I learned alot about customer services skills while there. Leadership skills as well was a plus for me,
awesome
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILOctober 8, 2018
I worked for AFNI in the financial services..assisting customers with paying their bills, setting up payment arrangments, trouble shooting any technical difficulty they might have. Provide a strong connection with ur customer
Pros
alot
Cons
not so much
nice place to work always having contests and things when calls were slow
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILOctober 5, 2018
You were looked at as a person not just as a voice on the phone. If you needed time off and they had availability you could leave and it did not count against you.
Its a job and a paycheck if you ar desperate
Customer Service Rep I (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYOctober 4, 2018
I worked for Verizon im a direct center, but after moving to Kentucky tried Afni, I was paid half of what i made at Verizon doing the same job. Some of the mentors who took escalations would push back on the reps even when the customer asked for a Supervisor. The benefits were decent but the environment was a tad hostile. Which is apparent due to the high attrition rate at Afni
Pros
Coworkers, benefits
Cons
Rushed training, management
Great
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Opelika, AL 36801October 2, 2018
Afni, is a fast pace job. A company like Afni you have to be quick on your feet. The customer are slightly rude and management was OK. However, the overall experience for the job was great.
Pros
Wages, clean area, and etc
Cons
management
I liked it
BILLING AGENT (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 27, 2018
It is tiring doing lanline phone bills all day, but even a job like that has it's rewards. I took great pride in my work and Verizon has great services/
Pros
Nice People
Cons
Bad Parking
Customer Service Training Provided
Senior Account Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYSeptember 26, 2018
I was impressed with the 7 week training course for the call center as a senior account supervisor. The company was a fun, exciting, and enjoyable experience and I would definitely go back to work for them if I relocated back to Kentucky or one of their other locations.
Pros
Paid training, certifications, and bonuses.
Cons
Strick schedule with long hours
Quality/Billing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALSeptember 26, 2018
worked in quality reviewing calls and providing feedback and training to customer service representatives handling calls for the client. grading quality of calls for bonuses
Pros
working conditions
Cons
strick schedule
Cut throat
Customer care details (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 25, 2018
Answering calls from clients of Verizon. Fixing, going over clients bills, adjusting services. Calming clients down when angry. Culture is ok, management ok.
Hardest part not being able to control surveys that clients give back, if transferred it surveys still falls on first person clients talk to. No surveys for the day bad scores on goals, fired if not meeting those goals fast enough.
Lack of management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILSeptember 24, 2018
They are a outsource center for Verizon and therefore you get to correct all of Verizon's errors and get yelled at by the customers for someone else's errors.
Bilingual account specialist
Bilingual Account Specialist (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILSeptember 15, 2018
I was working call center in Peoria, ILL for about 2 years, learn to listen and trouble shoot with customers on the phone, in order to prevent technician going to their home. Multicultural environment, dress relax environment. Working with people that made work fun and enjoyable, despite stressful call center floor demands.
Pros
Casual dress
Cons
too noisy
It's a place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALSeptember 11, 2018
Good job the pay is better than alot of call center jobs. My sups were nice the customers were ok it was according to the day and time they cal in...
Terrible management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 11, 2018
By working here you are subjected to being sexually harassed by your superiors in a day to day basis, your never supported with positive feedback and you are constantly subjected to getting ripped appart by management. Terrible work environment.
Great workplace
Sales Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 10, 2018
Good life/work balance encouraged by management. Good work environment. Friendly competition always encouraged. Good pay, good bonuses; great company overall
Cool environment, poor management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYSeptember 10, 2018
Afni was very laid back. When I worked there, Pjs were allowed. Self-expression, dyed hair and tattoos encouraged. Pay was good, not good enough for the stress of the job, but good.
Afni
Internal Help Desk Customer service representative (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILSeptember 9, 2018
Afni is one of the greatest places i ever worked. The Team i was on was great . After 6 Months I was promoted to help desk level 1 where the reps assigned to me would transfer their calls to me if they cold not diffuse the situation. and i would do my best not to have to send them any higher up the supervisor chain. It was awsom

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Afni. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight