Afni Employee Reviews

Found 1,300 reviews matching the search See all 1,315 reviews
Fast paced
Project Coach (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 31, 2018
I supervised 20 on line agents. I kept records of their progress and sales rates. I listened to their phone calls and mentored all of them.

I learnt how to work well with others on a project.
Management was sporadic as it was a new project and they were not sure how to handle it.

The culture was juvenile, most workers hadn't received high school education and it was their first job. Rewards were in the form of ice-cream and WIFI game playing.

Hardest part of the job was the fact that customer promotions were offered and we were not informed until a wee after the promotion started; therefore it was hard to keep up with the company's policies.

The most enjoyable part of the job was the 10 team members I worked with.
Pros
Work with group of ten
Cons
no benefits
Flexible work schedule and outstanding work life balance
Subrogation Manager (Current Employee) –  St. Charles, MOOctober 29, 2018
I enjoy working with some of the best subrogation professionals in the industry. The ability to work from home has allowed me the opportunity to have a better work life balance than I've ever had. The bonus plan drives me to perform at a high level and creates a fun and competitive work environment. Overall, I have found Afni to be a great place to work.
Pros
Bonus Plan, Flexible Schedule, Competitive Pay and Benefits
Good people horrible company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYNovember 10, 2018
Great people at the Bowling Green location. They make the best of a Bad Company. Afni overall tries to be a good company but some other clients make it impossible for employees to their jobs. For example if you fail a survey on a customer service call it can keep you from getting a raise and that you could be in Jeopardy of losing your job. You can work as much overtime as you want, and you're eligible for a lot of discounts. You get yelled at a lot by customers, and the call grading Matrix is nearly impossible to make a good score on
Pros
Unlimited overtime and free lunches
Cons
High turnover rate and angry customers
Cut throat
Customer care details (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZSeptember 25, 2018
Answering calls from clients of Verizon. Fixing, going over clients bills, adjusting services. Calming clients down when angry. Culture is ok, management ok.
Hardest part not being able to control surveys that clients give back, if transferred it surveys still falls on first person clients talk to. No surveys for the day bad scores on goals, fired if not meeting those goals fast enough.
So happy to be here!
Leadership Team Member (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 16, 2018
I am appreciated, respected and feel like apart of the Afni family. I love my job! I go home every night knowing I have a career where I am making a difference everyday and I look forward to returning every morning. I absolutely love my team and my managers are so supportive!
Pros
Location, pay, opportunity for growth, autonomy, friendly environment, we laugh at work and have fun!
Cons
Benefits are a bit high, but still cheaper for me and my family than other employers.
Not for the faint of heart
Project Coach (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 14, 2018
Short of working in a war zone, Afni is about as stressful as one could imagine. They lack obvious technological applications that could help stress and increase productivity.

However, there is decent upward mobility from the bottom (stagnates after Supervisor). The benefits are excellent. The entry level position has the highest earning potential until upper-managemet levels.
Benefits
Cons
Stress, poor management, poor compensation for leadership, lack of compassion for unbearable work environments
Its a job and a paycheck if you ar desperate
Customer Service Rep I (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYOctober 4, 2018
I worked for Verizon im a direct center, but after moving to Kentucky tried Afni, I was paid half of what i made at Verizon doing the same job. Some of the mentors who took escalations would push back on the reps even when the customer asked for a Supervisor. The benefits were decent but the environment was a tad hostile. Which is apparent due to the high attrition rate at Afni
Pros
Coworkers, benefits
Cons
Rushed training, management
poor management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 23, 2018
a typical day included taking 70 plus phone calls a day going over customers Verizon bill etc. you get surveys on the daily & a coaching every week to discuss how you are doing at your job. you will feel like you are constantly picked on b/c there is something you can always improve on, but the way they do so makes you feel like you are in high school. if you become buddy to buddy w/ your coworkers, management will pick where you sit. as a student, this was a good job on the side. but if you are looking for a long term career do not bother, as a whole they are very strict about sick time & PTO. i wish i could say this helped me going forward in life but overall it is a waste of time & the only thing i experienced was now i do know how bad management looks like.
Ping Pong
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALDecember 9, 2018
Some customer were a delight to work with. Management improve a little. There were a lot of changes to adjust to on a regular basis. The culture was up and down. The director of the company changed often,human resource changed often. You have to adapt to the change of management every six months. Ultimately there is opportunity for growth and overtime.
Pros
Opportunity
Cons
Hmmmm!
Afni
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 16, 2018
Work is boring. You can not reach out to anyone. No phones or paper. Your unable to google. You have to raise your hang for help wait is up to 15 to 30 for help. Some customers are rude, and will make the job stressful. Management is not knowledgeable about the job. The training program doesn't teach you what you actually will be dealing with.
Pros
flex time
Cons
no paper, pen, phone, benefits aren't as good
Productive and Stable
Talent Acquisition Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tucson ArizonaOctober 29, 2018
I love working here, the company is great they provided me with growth opportunity and stability. Management is helpful and our onsite HR team is always a plus.
Pros
benefits, full time guaranteed.
Cons
It really wants to be a great place to work
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZAugust 13, 2018
Afni goes through ups and downs with the environment and culture. The slogan "great place to work" is dependent on the quality of management. No defined development of leadership due to lack of qualified managers.
Pros
Great people make the job less stressful
Cons
Client has to mucn pull with how day to day is run
Synopsis
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 18, 2018
Overall a great company to work for, just micro-managed. It is easy to get back cstat scores for individuals and score them on false customer feedback, but the team scores help to make up for the integral and bonus.

Advanced customer support and relations is key to fitting in well with work development and enjoying being part of a supportive team. If you leave Afni and come back, they take you back, which is very nice considering the low income economy in Tucson. So, it is great for overall community and job support. Love Afni! I actually worked for Afni when it first opened in Tucson in the late 1990's, and was rehired in the latter 2000's, 2014, 2015-2017, ans still supporting and representing the company today for development and leveraging. Great call center! Lots of refresher training.
Pros
3 convenient locations in Tucson, love the company. My favorite is the NW Office, for the mountain view.
Cons
Pay is low and the bonuses sometimes pay out.
a decent place to work
New Hire Trainer (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 24, 2018
I have been with Afni for about 3 years now, and it is my first call center job. It's pretty decent, as far as call centers go. Come to work and do your job, and you'll rarely hear anything from management. There is advancement opportunity, depending on the project you are in. Accruable paid time off and sick time after 90 days. They also provide a free 10k life insurance policy for every employee, which is cool. Pay is decent, agents currently get $12/hour (depending on the project) and they will be increasing management pay in the second quarter of 2018 due to minimum wage increases. You get two paid 15 minute breaks, and either a half hour unpaid lunch or an hour unpaid lunch (again, depending on the project). Almost every department has the potential for agents to bonus, but difficulty of achieving the bonus varies by department as well.
Pros
Paid breaks, paid training, bonus opportunity, advancement opportunity, free life insurance
Cons
competitive work environment, strict attendance policy, high management expectations, low incentive to enforce expectation
Patronizing management hurts prospects
Call Center Agent (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 9, 2018
Customer service is a fine industry and helping customers solve problems is a great feeling. Not everyone will be happy though and when your job advancement is riding on whether or not the customer's request is solvable (and whether or not the people who you do help get after call surveys), promotions and bonuses feel random and unobtainable. For the year and a half I worked here I had a fair share of team leaders, many of which were great, however due to the young age of the average employee the management has taken to rather patronizing and immature ways of handling them. Give-aways and dismissive HR services reminded me of high school rather than an adult workplace.
Pros
Long lunch, Flexible hours, good overtime pay
Cons
Occasional Mandatory overtime, Random customer surveys a bar to advancement, dismissive management.
Would never go back.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COSeptember 5, 2018
I would never return to work at Afni. I was miserable while I worked there. The managers weren't sympathetic at all. And you had to raise your hand to go to the bathroom.
fun place
Customer Consultant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 8, 2018
fun enjoyable place to work at starting off in the customer service field okay benefits work culture was fun enjoyed going to work everyday the hardest part of job was upselling customers
The stress just not worth the money
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALDecember 4, 2018
Overall Afni was ok.. the calls that you have to deal with are stressful to the lest but with that being said you do get to talk to all different types of people . and that was cool for the most part the sup their refused to do they job when dealing with tough customers which makes your job harder. It was like high school games being played and people always past the buck.
Pros
Meeting new people
Cons
Messy staff and management
Productive and fun loving work place.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJuly 14, 2018
Afni has a great management team and truly cares about their employees. This company also has a lot of room to grow your career. This place is a great way to start your career.
The company that doesn't care for you
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 11, 2018
As the title of this review suggests, they really don't care about you. If you end up being late, you are fired. Got a complaint about your manager? Nothing gets done.
What's really bad is you are expected to go through your training with your manager, you are to pass on two attempts only while your manager is given as many attempts as they want to give.
Pros
paid training
Cons
You are better then your manager but still make less then them

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Afni. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.6InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight