Afni Employee Reviews

Found 1,437 reviews matching the search See all 1,456 reviews
It was the worst job
Verizon (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJuly 10, 2019
If you need a quick buck then this is the place for you. The trainings are long and boring. You’ll get your money but never move up. I hated it there. Not only did management not care about you as a person they also make false promises. I was told by the operations manager multiple times I was in the run for a promotion. Then they gave that promotion to someone else from never ever afainANOTHER DEPARTMENT. that was the last straw from me.
July 11, 2019

Hello, thank you for sharing. We're sorry you feel this way about your experience working with us. We'll pass your feedback along.

Fun working Company
Call Agent (Former Employee) –  Evans, COJuly 8, 2019
They were a very positive company and good to work for. This was a mobile company therefore you talked to the clientele for help in the matter of mobile phone issues.
Pros
Postive work area
Cons
Telephone issues
July 11, 2019

Hi! We're so glad you had a positive experience working with us. Thanks for sharing!

This job was not for me.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 7, 2019
This job was not what I was looking for. It was very regimental. No able to have relationships with customers. Nice building and location. Was looking for a new job but decided to come home instead
July 11, 2019

Hello. Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We will pass it along.

Afni
CUSTOMER CARE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 7, 2019
Afni really tries to make you love your job. They have insane benefits and bonuses if you do you job right. I’ve been there 1 1/2 years. That job is mentally and emotionally exhausting even with the benefits. I have to get out of there!!!!
July 11, 2019

Hello, thanks for sharing your experience with us! We recommend reaching out to your leadership and/or HR if you feel this way. We want to make working with Afni a positive experience for you.

Don't even put yourself through it!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 5, 2019
Horrible training environment, too large of classes, too much information to learn and it's presented in a very difficult and too subjective manner. I had too many immature adults in my class that made it even harder to stay on track, and truly absorb what's being taught. Obviously AFNI has HUGE turnover rate that they are always hiring and always doing training classes. AFNI needs to rethink it's hiring qualifications and entire training program. Everybody out on the main call floor looked stressed and miserable. I saw what was ahead of me and left two weeks into training. First time I've ever done that but the feeling to flee was intense. Trust your gut!
July 11, 2019

Hello, we appreciate your feedback and will pass it along to our training leadership.

decent paycheck
Customer Service/ Call Center (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 2, 2019
very fast paced, stressful, challenging. sometimes with no help to figure out the problem. they do give the resources to excel if worker would like to advance. some of people there really do care about their job and make it a nice environment..
July 11, 2019

Hi. Thanks for sharing your feedback! We understand the role can be challenging at times, but it is also very rewarding.

Avoid At All Cost
Social Media Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 1, 2019
Afni was literally my last ditch effort on finding a job. There was a reason that I avoided applying until I absolutely needed a job. It was barely better than going back to retail. I had the best numbers in my training class, was given a recommendation by my trainer and was still denied a promotion. After a year I had some of the best numbers on my team and was denied yet again and passed over for someone who took several breaks a day to hang out with the managers.
Pros
Free stuff sometimes
Cons
High school atmosphere, Hard to move up, bad systems
July 11, 2019

Hello. We appreciate your feedback! If you're still with us, we recommend to keep trying to advance as opportunities arise. At Afni, we love to promote from within. Good luck!

Horrible place
Lnp call center specialist (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJune 28, 2019
Everyone in bowling green knows it. If you end up at afni its the last place you have to go workwise. Its a sad place, management doesn't listen to employee concerns. They only are focused on call time.
Pros
None.
Cons
Everything.
Good place to work financially
LNP Representative (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALJune 28, 2019
I gave 3 stars only because of the people and environment you have to work in and around. A lot of immature and childish people, lots of managers saying do this and that but don't set good examples, lots of hippocracy as well.The role i was in was literally one job but the customer service and other departments did not like to properly do their jobs and would give the run around all the time and management did nothing about it.
Was ok
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 26, 2019
It was okay didn’t enjoy the pay but people were great was just so unorganized and management had no idea what they were doing would not go back to afni.
Work here only if you have too
Customer care agent (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJune 24, 2019
Worked here for about 5 months the first 3 months consistent of training in the classroom where you learn basic information on how to answer customers questions. After this its pretty much good luck to you and they put you on the phones. Once on the phones there are good days and bad days. Bad days can be non stop escalations and sitting there with the customer on hold because you cant get a coach or mentor to come help. If you cant deal with customers continually yelling at you about their bills or other such things then don't work here.
Pros
they will hire you, no drug testing, 1 hour lunch, daytime hours, bonuses when you survey good
Cons
coaches avoid helping anyone, hateful customers yelling at you, sitting for long periods of time
If you need a job RIGHT NOW... they'll hire you
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Opelika, ALJune 22, 2019
Pros:
They will hire you.
Pays decent for an entry level job.
I think you can get bonuses/incentives in some positions, depending on the client.
All positions seem to be full time.
There's OT, but some of it is mandatory

Cons:
They care more about numbers than anything else.
The training is pretty terrible, a lot of people (myself included) were clueless when we actually got to the floor.
Did I mention the numbers?
The whole center will be punished if stats aren't good enough, even if yours personally are excellent. Likewise, the whole center is rewarded, even if yours are terrible. Guess this could be both a pro and a con.

Basically the training was terrible, we are taught the absolute basics of the software and then thrown to the sharks. "Good luck! you'll figure it out!" There is no training on how to actually solve the problem.

The job is relatively simple, it's a call center. Answer questions, be yelled at sometimes, help make money. But they scream about stats every day. STATS STATS STATS. But from my experience, better stats mean nothing for you except securing your job. You don't get anything extra for having great stats, you just get to keep your job. You'll get fired if they're consistently low.

Very, very cliquey. Lots of favoritism. Just because you have good stats doesn't mean you get anything extra, especially if you aren't a favorite. Because there could be some people on your team with terrible stats, but the supervisor likes them or knows them outside of work, so they get a lot of extra attention.

Overall I don't recommend this place
  more... as a long term job. This isn't really a place to build a career unless you want to go into management. But there's favoritism there, also. Good luck!  less
Good first job after retiring.
Senior Analyst /Financial Services/Debt Purchase (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILJune 21, 2019
As long as you are willing to work hard, follow procedures, try your best and listen to feedback, this job is highly recommended.

It is stressful to talk to people about paying their debts but you will be coached well and given opportunities to improve.
Pros
Starting pay and time off.
Only if you need a job
Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 17, 2019
I did not like the lack of structure direction provided by management. The supervisor's in many projects are only out for themselves. Toxic culture. hardest time getting up in the morning
Loved working here!!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 15, 2019
If I could go back and work for Afni again I absolutely would. They genuinely care about you, your managers do their best to get to know you, it’s very relaxed. The pay is great and the training really prepares you for actual phone time. It’s easy to advance in the company and they’re willing to work with your school schedule
Pros
Flexibility, Pay, Management, Relaxed dress code
Cons
Rude customers
Pretty good overall
Customer Service Representative/ Technical Support (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYJune 15, 2019
What made the job bearable was the people I was able to work with. The management was really good especially my coach, she worked with me. Now as for the job itself the pay is pretty good and you have the opportunity to bonus, based off your attendance and your metrics so that's a plus. But it's very fast pace and can be stressful if you take what the customer says personally. Also, the support on the floor can be limited but usually on Fridays and Saturdays there's enough help. I think many people can succeed here if they put in the work. Ask as many questions you can in the call and from a supervisor cause it's going to help you in the long run. But it's very unsantitary, they have bed bugs and you don't have assigned seats.
Pros
Long lunches, the managment, the co-workers, work life balance, pay and benefits
Cons
Sitting down all day, can be stressful, unsanitary
Not the best
voice agent (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALJune 14, 2019
They say they are family oriented, but they are not. work days were long because your worrying the whole day about stats. your also graded and your job depends on what a customer things about you. Even if you do everything in your power to satisfy them.
Pros
lunches, benefits, pays
Cons
hours, competitive, high layover rate
Good starting point
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE - SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Normal, ILJune 13, 2019
Worked here while going to school. Decent pay but wont work out well for you unless you like being on the phone. Typical call center environment. Do your job right and you will be fine.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
High turnover for other employees
its a good place
Support Technician (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 13, 2019
The people there are good, the company does have a program and activities that should motivate the employee, they have ok health benefits, they have a snack shack, they have food truck, vendors come in, but in the end all this doesnt boost the employees.
Run
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALJune 12, 2019
People in jail at least have windows. You can’t have a pen and paper, there are outdated computers, a teammate may be high or drunk to deal with the stress...Disastrous.
Pros
A lunch hour for fresh air, and pigs’ feet for snacks.
Cons
Locked up tight, can’t miss a day or you get written up, bad training, getting cursed out on the phone all day.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Afni. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.9InHerSight Score

2.5Personal Development

3.7Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight