Afni
51Below average

Afni Employee Reviews for Call Center Representative

Call Center Representative52 reviews
United States52 reviews
This job was a good learning experience . It taught me how to speak to people and communicate on a more professional note . The supervisors were outgoing and they made the experience feel like more than a job .
Working at Afni is very laid back. You can come to work as you are and still be professional. I love how the dress code is lenient and how the coworkers become family after so long. It truly was a great place to work.
Pros
Willing to work with you if youre struggling
Cons
Pens and pencils are banned in some departments due to possible breech of information
When I was hired the couldn’t even answer my questions of what is your main stat. They don’t care about your well being and only see you as a statistic, as well they will act like they give a d***n when the need you to stay. Overall I have worked for a total of 4 call centers and Afni ranks the lowest they may pay good but they do not care about you and your mental being. Apply if you need quick pay and fast turn
The management does not want to help you when you have a question or you don’t know what you need to do next on a call. They are never around when you need them to be.
Pros
The pay is good
Cons
Management is not good
Would you recommend working at your company?
Help people considering your employer make a good choice.
I enjoy working at afni because it's taught me a lot of things about communication but also this job comes with alot of mental stress with customers verbally abusing you. I wished afni would care more about the employees to enforce rules to make us feel more comfortable at the job.
As an afni call representative, I would receive around 25 to 35 calls per day. Afni as a company would represent Verizon, and I would help customers solve their issues like, paying bills, buying or hearing about new phones/equipment. Promoting the newest news and technology Verizon has to offer. Day to day is a great environment with many people around you motivated to be better and do the same.
Pros
Good benefits and pay. Job advancement opportunities
Cons
Not as flexible schedule wise, day to day work can take a toll
Pros
-unlimited overtime

-tuition reimbursement

-they work with your schedule

-different call center prizes and events

Cons

-constant change

-you sit different places everyday
Individualism is not encouraged and following the rules is extremely important but sometimes difficult as the rules have a tendency to change. They can also seem like they change when one person in management states one thing and another person stresses another rule.
I worked at Afni for a couple of months loved everything! The work environment was great. The tasks were super easy. The managers were great. I loved the benefits and the long lunch break we revived. The only think I disliked was the hours. I requested a better shift because I lived 35 mins away and night i have a very hard time seeing. The promised me that they would change my schedule. I waited a whole month and still nothing. I told my coach to tell his boss go change it and still nothing.So, I found a better job and left.
I love my Afni job would love to go back it was nice the job was not easy you had to make sure you said the script right on time and made sure you stayed in ready
I did not like working at Afni, I took the job to help me with the newest technology and how to maximize my efficiency with the newest technology. It did help with that but the way they treat customers and the way managers treat their employees is unjustified.
Good company to work for the support and training they give is very good the training is very easy material to learn good if you have good customer service skills
They offer great benefits, affordable health care, and give out a lot of things in order to boost morale and help you relax some. The job is worthwhile if you can withstand 8 hours a day, 5 days a week, of customers yelling, crying, and even the occasional awesome conversationalist. It is a high stress job.
Afni is the best job around. I got all the over time I wanted and could ask off any day I wanted they give you more sick days than any other place. Best job around.
November 12, 2019
Hello, we appreciate you sharing your feedback! We will pass it along!
Afni was enjoyable to work at, the only problems were really with stats and attendance. Attendance mainly. Nothing excuses absentness unless it's due to death or jury duty. Doctor's notes dont help and there's not much you can do for days you miss.
November 12, 2019
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We will pass it along!
Great pay but no time to have fun in your life. It's sucks that once you get hired if you don't pass the requirements they fire you. I need 4 more and they said that their was no way that they could of helped me.
November 12, 2019
Hello. This isn’t the experience that we want you to have working for Afni. We appreciate your feedback and will pass it along.
This company so phony.
The training prepares you for NOTHING once you get to the floor. Forced to keep people on the phone while you search for an answer. The mentors are useless. They too busy huddled up snacking. No dress attire one girl came in her flannel pj and no it was not pj day. Customers cussing you out and screaming cuz they phone bill too high want you to fix it with credits
November 12, 2019
Hello. Thank you for sharing your feedback. We will pass it along!
I worked here for 5 years. I never once felt appreciated as an employee. It wasnt the worst job but it takes a special person to stay. It just wasnt something worked for me
November 12, 2019
They were a very positive company and good to work for. This was a mobile company therefore you talked to the clientele for help in the matter of mobile phone issues.
Pros
Postive work area
Cons
Telephone issues
July 11, 2019
Hi! We're so glad you had a positive experience working with us. Thanks for sharing!
very fast paced, stressful, challenging. sometimes with no help to figure out the problem. they do give the resources to excel if worker would like to advance. some of people there really do care about their job and make it a nice environment..
July 11, 2019
Hi. Thanks for sharing your feedback! We understand the role can be challenging at times, but it is also very rewarding.
Everyone in bowling green knows it. If you end up at afni its the last place you have to go workwise. Its a sad place, management doesn't listen to employee concerns. They only are focused on call time.
Pros
None.
Cons
Everything.