Afni Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Customer Service Representative914 reviews
United States914 reviews
afni was a very cultural diverse place of work. All the employees were unique. Many employees were fresh out of high school and some were middle age to seniors. The supervisors (coaches) were very down to earth and helpful.the afni i worked for handled verizon wireless customers. It was also a typical call center. Several people sitting next to eachother answering phone calls.
Pros
supportive management, tuition reimbursement, flexible schedule, bonuses if goals are met. Great for first job
Cons
micromanaging on time and breaks diciplinary action would follow if 1 minute late, sitting at a desk all day headset. Angry customers.
Poor training, poor management, useless supervisors who do not do their jobs, no help given when employees need help with customer issues. High turn over rate. In a class of 18 that I was in only 1 or 2 left. Company expects employees to do work that they were not properly trained or not trained for at all. Afni focuses on the negative of an employee rather than any of their positive attributes. Very stressful, customers constantly being rude and plain nasty to employees. Afni does not back up their employees at all. Verizon is the main company employees will work for through afni. Both Verizon and afni are horrible companies to be associated with.
Pros
Cons
Poor management, poor supervisors, terrible teachers, good coaches seem to get fired. Employees are treated poorly.
I feel like the coachings make you feel like you're not doing anything right, even though you are working like a dog on every call, and truly helping customers. It's a horrible system set up that doesn't benefit the customer- it's about acheiving your stats (at the expense of the customer, in my opinion). The stats they judge us on are a joke and unrealistic. The trainings are terrible and you are basically "thrown to the wolves" on your calls. The computer tools don't work half the time, and when they do, they are not always accurate. Horrible place to work.
Pros
pay (sort of)
Cons
stress, horrible work environment
Very ChIldish !!! Think twice about going there . Do it if your in desperate need only. Good way to run up on cash but it’s seems like high school kids are working there
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
There team leaders and support team is the worse they dont complete task on demands . The drive is to far for the pay the customers are rude but that's to be expected but if they taught more training then you would be able to handle the calls better.They also hire and play to much on the job .
Pros
Free time
Cons
Long drive
There are other places to work besides AFNI and you'd be smart to avoid AFNI for every other place to work. There is nothing positive about my experience at AFNI.
Pros
Cons
List is too long
You are trained for a number of weeks to learn how to communicate over the phone, and have the tools to become a solid customer service representative.
I needed ANY job fast. Big mistake. After 5 weeks of training, I was LOST with the first call. To them, employees are their statistics-which are rigged to keep you from bonusing. I earned one-never got it. MGMT? worthless. Need help? Ask someone else. Health insurance? Aw, you missed the deadline that we didn't tell you about. Have to wait a YEAR. RUN away. FAST.
Pros
I usually work in healthcare, so, I didn't have one lick of experience. Didn't matter. Hired on the spot.
Cons
I got the job.
Answering inbound calls from customers churn rate is really high there are 3-4 out of 28 still there after 3 months throw you to the wolves pretty fast and tell you good luck each day they help less and less but there are things you do they won’t even talk about no y jacking to learn most bosses will walk in right at the time Or after we are on calls will need a supervisor and ones not there
Pros
If you are good at upselling and talking to people you can make good money
Cons
Management is really poor
We are told in training, which is a joke, that we will have support and that is far from the truth. When we get an escalated call no one will take the call for us. Then if we tell the customer there is no one to take the call, we get reprimanded by our coach.
Pros
Pay is ok
Cons
No support
Answer customer calls to determine customer needs and assist them during the phone call.

Great opportunity for sales growth

Great starting place for others looking to learn to sell producs/promotions

Pros
money
Cons
scheduling
I had a heath condition that caused me to drop out of training early. I love working on the Verizon project. I enjoyed talking to customers and my training class and management was awesome.
Pros
Great training manager, good culture
Working here is fine. Its stressful, and some days you might break down in tears. But it pays better than minimum wage. Which I guess is a plus. Don't expect management to care about your issues or even consider you might have a life outside of work though.
Afni was a very unsure job. No one would tell us what was going on as far as certification went. Especially for my group they changed programs Midway through our training. So all that we had learned was obsolete. Very disappointed.
Years ago the traing was excellent, recently the training sucks due to covid 19. I've never been computer literate and the training years ago allowed me to be a very good CSR. I was rehired and resigned the second day due to lack of training staff, off site training and overload of information to absorb in one day. We were sent hope with no extensive training.
Pros
Cons
Not enough on site training
Afni is great place to work at for the pay, the co workers are great, management definitely needs work and a lot of it, team leaders most of time didn't want to help but it was a few like that when I was there.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Needs better team leaders that actually are willing to help
Afni is a great place to work for those that fit the bill. Although for me my skills are many and mostly hands on direct contact with relations to the job.
Pros
Work from home option
Cons
Training process is a cover all
Worked with the Northeast Clientele, which most are not the friendliest souls on this planet, most of them were extremely rude, impatient, vented all their frustrations at me which was usually in the form of cussing I worked the 11-8 shift and had two split days off which sucked while on that shift there were never any supervisors or team leads that were available to address escalating issues
I lasted about two weeks with AFNI .day by day I sat through the trainings staring at a screen for 7 hours a day learning information .But not learning at the same time because the information is so much and overwhelming .Luckily, I had some nice trainers who care.But thanks to moving to another city I was able to quit and happy that I did because I saw what was to come.The floor employees look absolutely miserable and unhappy . .Each day I would hear gossiping and speaking poorly creating a toxic atmosphere.The information you learn is so much to the point where you want to walk out or bang your head on the desk .The pay is average and I see that the actual Verizon call center employees make 3$ more than AFNI.This job will suck the life out of you if you stay so RUN AWAY !Everyone just looks miserable and a slave to the computers .Many people were forced here because of COVID- 19 making it their last resort and mine.I think the best part about this job is that you get a one hour lunch break but it goes by so quickly.I would not recommend!
Rarely ge time off and not much of a raise. There was a lot of pot lucks and celebrations and giveaways. Team leaders didnt care to do their job most of the time
The only reason I had taken this job is because I was needing something fast and I knew Afni hired anything with a pulse. Loved my coworkers, but management is terrible. They don't care about employees and good luck with needing help. I don't recommend them.