Afni Employee Reviews for Customer Support Representative

Customer Support Representative56 reviews
United States56 reviews
Starting off here was great and really nice, but once you got into production, everything became harder. I had to leave, because the OM there wouldn’t work with me in regards to me becoming pregnant and having a tough first trimester.
I have worked in call centers for 22 years and this is one of the worst places i have ever worked for. You have no support and your micro managed all the time. The support is about a 15 to 1 ratio but they expect you to have super low handle time. They have metrics that i personally feel set you up to fail. The main driver for a bonus is achievable i just dont agree with it.
Pros
flexibility with time off
Cons
micro management but also lack of support. Tell me how that makes sense.
Client is Verizon for perspective.

Imagine taking a phone call, now imagine getting off the phone only to have another call immediately pop up. Imagine this nonsense for an 8 - 10 hour shift.

When I was first starting a few years back, it wasn't as bad as it is now. It was zero sales pressure with a couple minutes between calls. While that might not sound like much, this small time to relax helps a ton to prevent mental stress. Some of my coaches that's been there longer would joke how they rarely made money as agents since they always had VTO avaliable.

Now? With the exception of Sunday (even then this can vary), it's relentless calls with no break between them. If you use "wrap up" to the max allowed time of 1 minute too often, you get yelled at. Then there is the questionable ethics of newly added sales pressure for customer service in a Covid-19 world. When we just started transitioning agents to work at home as the virus was really hitting, we were getting a lot of I need help type calls. Instead of being sympathetic, the client decides we should become sales drones to "sell customers the value". It's disgusting that with the pandemic going on, this is the focus.

Afni loses a ton of respect for letting Verizon walk over them over caring about their agents views in all this. We don't get commission like sales does yet we're supposed to do their job on top of ours. This stat is VPC or "value per contact". Doesn't matter if customers are struggling, the expection is to upsale them. No joke. I got a coaching for NOT raising a man's bill because I dared saved him cash
 - more...
Pros
Cheap dental and vision insurance
Cons
everything else
This company is supposed to take inbound calls and handle customer s accounts accordingly but with little help, they are under trained staff and understaffed at that for leadership that's reliable. They company doesn't care about there employee s and do shady stuff like put them on new projects underpaid without letting them know and strip bounces they said we would get with an average three month work effort just absolutely trash.
Pros
The only pros is that there's cash flow
Cons
There is no support, there is no good leadership, hr department only backs staff mostly and could careless about the agents they have.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
To many changes all the time for the pay they give, they look at the negative not the positive all the time, too much inconsistency and expectations that are unreasonable
just don't do it. The place is just a bad environment Any managers and trainers are worthless they just want to see numbers and don't care about thire employees.
I enjoyed the position, the Management was inexperienced and they had no people skills. Very young and inexperienced Management team. HR department is horrible no people skills, lack of caring.
Pros
Great bonus program
Cons
Lack of caring
Good place to work with good management with even better people who work there. There is a classroom training portion for the first couple weeks and then you start the job. It can be stressful but everyone there is so supportive it’s worth it.
November 12, 2019
Hello. Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us. We're glad you're enjoying your time working with us!
Working on the frontlines for Verizon technical support, billing issues, etc. Must put up with customers cussing, angry, whiny, and little to no backup from management.
It is a lively and friendly place to work, especially for those who can keep up with the call center-based work environment. If you are looking for a job that offers a lot of benefits with reasonable pay, t hen this is it.
November 12, 2019
Hello, thank you for sharing your feedback! We will pass it along.
Afni really tries to make you love your job. They have insane benefits and bonuses if you do you job right. I’ve been there 1 1/2 years. That job is mentally and emotionally exhausting even with the benefits. I have to get out of there!!!!
July 11, 2019
Hello, thanks for sharing your experience with us! We recommend reaching out to your leadership and/or HR if you feel this way. We want to make working with Afni a positive experience for you.
People in jail at least have windows. You can’t have a pen and paper, there are outdated computers, a teammate may be high or drunk to deal with the stress...Disastrous.
Pros
A lunch hour for fresh air, and pigs’ feet for snacks.
Cons
Locked up tight, can’t miss a day or you get written up, bad training, getting cursed out on the phone all day.
It was a friendly environment to work. Leadership was supportive, however the company is located in opelika, which is not as close as many worker would like to be.
Pros
incentives
Cons
distance
Management was extremely rough and if you did anything wrong they would go out of thier way to make sure everyone knew what you did wrong and why you should feel bad. Everything els ewas fine though
The job pays well for a call center job and you will gain a lot of skills. the job does get stressful at times but its easy to over come it. it take patience and practice to get a handle of the job.
Pros
good pay
Cons
getting yell at a lot by customer
Normal call center environment, fast paced and heavy call volume. Not a job for everyone but if you can manage the workload a good place to work with many benefits for employees
While it was a well paying job, it still had issues with management. They will make up lies to fire you. I lost several co-workers to lies and when i approached HR about it they said it didn't matter and that it was too late. I'd always warn people to stay clear of afni.
Pros
good pay
Cons
They make up reasons to fire people
I enjoyed learning and growing in the company. My management helped me in situations that were a little difficult for me to handle and showed me how to overcome it for next time. I like helping others.
Pros
friendly and helpful
Cons
N/a
Working for this company was to help customers with questions, concerns, technical issue with mobile phones.This was to be done in a timely fashion. Also kept employees up on current training to better do the work.
Pros
Friendly working enviorment
Cons
Could be stressful at times dealing with high volume calls
The typical day requrires answering phones to provide customer service and troubleshooting with verizon contracts/service. Very laid back atmosphere with no dress code. Job wasn't an issue, management and how the bonus structure was bogus.
Pros
No dress code
Cons
Bonus was based on customers not actual employee skills.
This job is ideal for those in their senior year of high school or fresh graduates. You sit on the phone taking inbound calls and assisting customers over the phone. It's a good starting position to get used to the work field and relatively simple. However, taking calls can be overwhelming for newbies, and the turnaround is high. Management isn't attentive and just want employees to keep the work-flow moving. The best part is probably the culture; everyone was friendly.
Pros
Culture, Simplicity, Consistency
Cons
Repetitive, Not challenging