Afni Employee Reviews

I enjoyed when they gave away prizes.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 14, 2018
I enjoyed the employees and the at ease of the break times. I loved the break times and the fun with doing what I like customer service. It was pretty easy going until they wanted different stores to compete against each other. Then it got stressful for almost everyone.
Pros
own personal cubical
Cons
the lay off
Do not apply
N/A (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALMarch 14, 2018
They hire people off the street. If you are qualified do not apply. They rather hire low life people than people who actually qualify. I had 6 years plus for the position and did not get hired all because I have a BA Degree.
great company
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALMarch 13, 2018
i didnt have a problem with the company itself. i had a problem with the mentors, coaches, and manger that i had. because they wouldnt do anything about a certain mentor that i had complained about.
OK place to work mgmt terrible
Cust service sales (Current Employee) –  Tucson AzMarch 12, 2018
Fair place to work can make a $, the mgmt, is the problem VZW great product and service. Work stations need work, computers need updates, roaches in break room
Pros
Money can be made
Cons
Mgmt is poor
Call center.
Verizon Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  tucsonMarch 11, 2018
Took job to be Verizon customer service rep. I was annoyed with the amount of sales involved, Constantly pushed to be making sales with no actual ability to help the people calling in with their issues. It was frustrating.
It was a good place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILMarch 11, 2018
I would clock in get everything ready to go at my station. Everyone in our dept was very nice and friendly we had 2 depts., Due date and I don't remember I di not work in that dept. Due date was a good dept . to work in
Pros
pd time off
Very Flexible and fun
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALMarch 10, 2018
I loved working here. Management was very understanding , and did anything to help. There are many ways to advance with this company if you are willing to put in the effort.
Pros
Easy going work area, very fun, chances to advance
Cons
Repetitive
Afni rocks
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 8, 2018
I absolutely adore the atmosphere that Afni provides and all of the employees management and any other subsidiary of Afni is amazing. I would highly recommend this place of employment to anybody.
Not
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMarch 8, 2018
They tell you anything you want to hear to hire you on, but it is nothing like they say it is in the interviews. The management couldn't care less about any one and the customers want the stars and moon and if you cant give it to them they will find ways to take it out on you
Work Hours are not suitable for family
Sales Chat Representative (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALMarch 7, 2018
I been working 3PM-12AM for three years with a small child. You have to do shift bids based on your sales and if you do not do well in sales, you will likely have a bad shift.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
work hours
Afni
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILMarch 5, 2018
I really enjoyed working for this company. If I had never move back to Chicago I would still be working for this company. I enjoyed every minute working for Afni
give them a chance
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALMarch 5, 2018
They listen to their employees and as long as you do what is asked they will take care of you. The hours can be long but its easy to find a balance within your specific team.
OK place to work
Virtual Associate Desktop Engineer (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COMarch 4, 2018
I worked virtually from my home. The people I supported were for the most part awesome. There seemed to some attitudes with some of the engineers. I learned about Citrix products but usually on my own, as working virtually I couldn't walk up to someones desk.
Hardest part of the job was when asking others for help, they were to busy, and when they weren't, it was usually below them to answer.
The most enjoyable part of the job was supporting the end user,
Pros
Working from home
Cons
It was like being on an island.
Very Poor Managment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMarch 2, 2018
The management of day-to-day is completed by people that are not proficient in understanding personalities and are eager to blame others for problems.
Pros
Cons
Operation Managers
Stressful, lack of training
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 2, 2018
Great place to work for if you have unlimited patience. Management/training staff no longer wish to assist you when the training has ended for your line of business, making it difficult to assist your customers.
Long on the job training
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Evans, COFebruary 28, 2018
They provided on the job training and was more a classroom for the first 3-4 weeks. After doing so they would let you listen in on phone calls and then would set you out on the floor.
Good coworkers, not so good supervisors/mentors
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 26, 2018
The interview experience was easy, but it wasn't good. The first interview was not good, to the point of I didn't want to go to the second one but I did. The second one was good, however. When I started, it seemed easy but we were in a classroom setting so we had not yet started taking calls. The teachers are a lot better than the supervisors on the call floor.
The security at the job was good, but we ended up having to get screened after leaving the call floor as well, instead of just going in, which could take up a considerable amount of time if there was a line.
My coworkers were wonderful and very helpful if you had any questions. However, the supervisors were not. If I had a question, they would often get annoyed at me for not knowing something or for not knowing how to get to the info needed quickly. Sometimes I would be waiting for help so long, a person who was in production (no longer training) would come by to help me because i had had my hand up for so long.
The supervisors would also get annoyed if they had to take a call, to the point of I had 3 supervisors tell me to take care of the call, after being asked by the customer multiple times at this point to talk to a supervisor. Also the wait time for a supervisor is insane, sometimes up to a half hour.
The one hour lunch break was good though.
Pros
Hour long lunch, comfortable chairs, coworkers were usually nice, paid training (3 months)
Cons
Unhelpful supervisors, mandated overtime (usually 4-8 hours per week), really hard to bonus
Not a fan of the call center politics
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 26, 2018
-supervisors avoid taking sup calls
-they were always late when it came to changing the school schedule even when you returned in all the information on time and reminded them several times
-the states are impossible to consistently maintain and some are counter intuitive to each other
Productive and Secure job
Customer Service/ Social Media (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 25, 2018
I have worked at Afni for 2 years and I have not had a horrible experience. This job is great because I love assisting customers. I have gained a lot of friends which makes it an awesome place to work.
a decent place to work
New Hire Trainer (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 24, 2018
I have been with Afni for about 3 years now, and it is my first call center job. It's pretty decent, as far as call centers go. Come to work and do your job, and you'll rarely hear anything from management. There is advancement opportunity, depending on the project you are in. Accruable paid time off and sick time after 90 days. They also provide a free 10k life insurance policy for every employee, which is cool. Pay is decent, agents currently get $12/hour (depending on the project) and they will be increasing management pay in the second quarter of 2018 due to minimum wage increases. You get two paid 15 minute breaks, and either a half hour unpaid lunch or an hour unpaid lunch (again, depending on the project). Almost every department has the potential for agents to bonus, but difficulty of achieving the bonus varies by department as well.
Pros
Paid breaks, paid training, bonus opportunity, advancement opportunity, free life insurance
Cons
competitive work environment, strict attendance policy, high management expectations, low incentive to enforce expectation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Afni. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.6

2.4Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight