Afni Employee Reviews

Very Flexible and fun
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALMarch 10, 2018
I loved working here. Management was very understanding , and did anything to help. There are many ways to advance with this company if you are willing to put in the effort.
Pros
Easy going work area, very fun, chances to advance
Cons
Repetitive
Afni rocks
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 8, 2018
I absolutely adore the atmosphere that Afni provides and all of the employees management and any other subsidiary of Afni is amazing. I would highly recommend this place of employment to anybody.
Not
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMarch 8, 2018
They tell you anything you want to hear to hire you on, but it is nothing like they say it is in the interviews. The management couldn't care less about any one and the customers want the stars and moon and if you cant give it to them they will find ways to take it out on you
Work Hours are not suitable for family
Sales Chat Representative (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALMarch 7, 2018
I been working 3PM-12AM for three years with a small child. You have to do shift bids based on your sales and if you do not do well in sales, you will likely have a bad shift.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
work hours
Afni
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Bloomington, ILMarch 5, 2018
I really enjoyed working for this company. If I had never move back to Chicago I would still be working for this company. I enjoyed every minute working for Afni
give them a chance
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Opelika, ALMarch 5, 2018
They listen to their employees and as long as you do what is asked they will take care of you. The hours can be long but its easy to find a balance within your specific team.
OK place to work
Virtual Associate Desktop Engineer (Former Employee) –  Greeley, COMarch 4, 2018
I worked virtually from my home. The people I supported were for the most part awesome. There seemed to some attitudes with some of the engineers. I learned about Citrix products but usually on my own, as working virtually I couldn't walk up to someones desk.
Hardest part of the job was when asking others for help, they were to busy, and when they weren't, it was usually below them to answer.
The most enjoyable part of the job was supporting the end user,
Pros
Working from home
Cons
It was like being on an island.
Very Poor Managment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYMarch 2, 2018
The management of day-to-day is completed by people that are not proficient in understanding personalities and are eager to blame others for problems.
Pros
Cons
Operation Managers
Stressful, lack of training
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 2, 2018
Great place to work for if you have unlimited patience. Management/training staff no longer wish to assist you when the training has ended for your line of business, making it difficult to assist your customers.
Long on the job training
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Evans, COFebruary 28, 2018
They provided on the job training and was more a classroom for the first 3-4 weeks. After doing so they would let you listen in on phone calls and then would set you out on the floor.

Want to know more about Afni?

Ask a question
Good coworkers, not so good supervisors/mentors
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 26, 2018
The interview experience was easy, but it wasn't good. The first interview was not good, to the point of I didn't want to go to the second one but I did. The second one was good, however. When I started, it seemed easy but we were in a classroom setting so we had not yet started taking calls. The teachers are a lot better than the supervisors on the call floor.
The security at the job was good, but we ended up having to get screened after leaving the call floor as well, instead of just going in, which could take up a considerable amount of time if there was a line.
My coworkers were wonderful and very helpful if you had any questions. However, the supervisors were not. If I had a question, they would often get annoyed at me for not knowing something or for not knowing how to get to the info needed quickly. Sometimes I would be waiting for help so long, a person who was in production (no longer training) would come by to help me because i had had my hand up for so long.
The supervisors would also get annoyed if they had to take a call, to the point of I had 3 supervisors tell me to take care of the call, after being asked by the customer multiple times at this point to talk to a supervisor. Also the wait time for a supervisor is insane, sometimes up to a half hour.
The one hour lunch break was good though.
Pros
Hour long lunch, comfortable chairs, coworkers were usually nice, paid training (3 months)
Cons
Unhelpful supervisors, mandated overtime (usually 4-8 hours per week), really hard to bonus
Not a fan of the call center politics
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 26, 2018
-supervisors avoid taking sup calls
-they were always late when it came to changing the school schedule even when you returned in all the information on time and reminded them several times
-the states are impossible to consistently maintain and some are counter intuitive to each other
Productive and Secure job
Customer Service/ Social Media (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 25, 2018
I have worked at Afni for 2 years and I have not had a horrible experience. This job is great because I love assisting customers. I have gained a lot of friends which makes it an awesome place to work.
a decent place to work
New Hire Trainer (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 24, 2018
I have been with Afni for about 3 years now, and it is my first call center job. It's pretty decent, as far as call centers go. Come to work and do your job, and you'll rarely hear anything from management. There is advancement opportunity, depending on the project you are in. Accruable paid time off and sick time after 90 days. They also provide a free 10k life insurance policy for every employee, which is cool. Pay is decent, agents currently get $12/hour (depending on the project) and they will be increasing management pay in the second quarter of 2018 due to minimum wage increases. You get two paid 15 minute breaks, and either a half hour unpaid lunch or an hour unpaid lunch (again, depending on the project). Almost every department has the potential for agents to bonus, but difficulty of achieving the bonus varies by department as well.
Pros
Paid breaks, paid training, bonus opportunity, advancement opportunity, free life insurance
Cons
competitive work environment, strict attendance policy, high management expectations, low incentive to enforce expectation
Not a guaranteed job
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYFebruary 24, 2018
While it was a well paying job, it still had issues with management. They will make up lies to fire you. I lost several co-workers to lies and when i approached HR about it they said it didn't matter and that it was too late. I'd always warn people to stay clear of afni.
Pros
good pay
Cons
They make up reasons to fire people
Do not work for this company
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYFebruary 23, 2018
If you are over 50 years of age, do not even think of working for this company. I worked for them for a week and then I was fired for a BS violation of company policy. No warnings, no write ups, no nothing, just fired.
Pros
free PBJ sandwiches
Cons
too much politics
If you're looking for a highschool like job, this is it
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 23, 2018
It felt like I was back in highschool when I first started here. Granted I was 18 years old, just graduated highschool and half of my class worked here as well. It was a pretty easy customer service job just helping verizon customers out.
Pros
easy work
Cons
sitting all day
Ok
Agent/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Bowling Green, KYFebruary 22, 2018
The work wasn't all that stressful bit if you have an issue that would cause them to miss work, your can get fired for it. I missed two days for a condition they knew I was working with but I was fired anyway. Some of the staff is really nice and willing to help bit if you break any of their rules, they can have it look like a circus. I did so on accident and they made it look like I was going to be arrested. It's good if you need money but it's not something I would recommend being a part of on the long term.
Pros
Break every 2 hours, 1 hour for lunch
Cons
Hard to get a day off
Okay workplace
Full-Time Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZFebruary 21, 2018
I really enjoyed it at first, but the management catered more to our clientele than us, the representatives. It was very hard to take days off or to be excused for the day. People got sick on the call floor because of how difficult they made it to leave early. It wasn't a very fun or pleasant job at all.
Pros
Great benefits, Food Trucks, Many Incentives
Cons
Tedious work, Rude coworkers
Stress
The life of an AFNI representative is short, brutal , and full of pain.The coaches are flip and lazy, usually promoted for talking and schmoozing skills and not intelligence. The management will throw candy at you to get what they want, literally, M&Ms come flying onto your desk. It's a nightmare. Chained to a desk with a headset on, having food put in front of you all day.
Pros
Good Salary
Cons
Stress, dead end job, horrible customers and crazy expectations.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Afni. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.6

2.4Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.5Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight