Afognak Native Corporation Employee Reviews

1.9
Ratings breakdown
Worst company I ever worked for.
Boiler Operator (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OKMay 30, 2018
Worked the same job for 18 years. They took over the TAFB contract in OKC, stole from the employees and tried to make it our fault. Resigned and moved on. Took 5 months of the lies and deceit. Never will I work for them again. Miserable company, and I am being kind in this review.
Pros
Location to home, pay and co-workers
Cons
See the review! Seriously bad company.
Pay is terrible
Nurse (Former Employee) –  ChicopeeMarch 22, 2018
What they offer for Nurses is below market rate. Actually its degrading for a person who has went to school and received a degree. They speak about the great benefits however then pay rate is not comprable to the area or cost of living. You're expected to work 40 hours do extra work and get paid less.
Lack of Support, Bullies Welcomed
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chesapeake, VAMarch 17, 2018
Extremely poor HR. Employees allowed to bully others. Managers expected to keep it all quiet and sweep it under the rug. Lots of bad behavior, aggression and lack of professionalism. Managers expected to maintain performance without holding staff accountable. Took a lot of abusive - a whole lot of it. The job was ridiculous.
Pros
It was a job
Cons
Abusive enviroment
Decent place to work.
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Mobile, ALMarch 15, 2018
Good place to work, pays $16 hr and the job works at a slow pace. Can do it for years with no wear and tear on the body. A lot of women work there so men our outnumbered, not to sound sexist.
Pros
$16 an hour in Mobile, Al
Cons
Not challenging; staying awake.
Poor Place to Work
Material Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAMarch 14, 2018
I left a job to come to work for this company. I thought it would be a career advancement. I was there for 9 months until they renewed there contract and then took a $5.00 pay cut......I left soon after
They should give their staff a better chance to hold on to their job better. Example either give them a write up of some sort ,or time off 3-5 no pay.
Cook's Helper (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque New MexicoMarch 13, 2018
Communication, lack of, being able to work with fellow co-worker. Problems with admitting or standing up for yourself to be heard out. If there's a problem and you take it to your management you would hope your management could straighten it out then if that doesn't happen you take it to HR and you hope that they can straighten out the problem not the answer of okay we're going to take care of it and then it doesn't get done. They say that Afognak ( Alutiig ) is family oriented. That's a joke. in family oriented. That's a joke.
Pros
Recognition is starting to happen.
Cons
If there is an incident of any kind. Too much paperwork for that incident.
Lesson Learned
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  ChicopeeMarch 9, 2018
I was in HR and it was horrible. There were piles of paper everywhere in boxes, no organization and no training. The management team were mean and were quick to tell others your personal business.
Management got away with bullying other staff and the HR manager at the time was constantly rude to me. Couldn't speak to this person without snapping.
There were no raises or incentive programs for working 9 hours a day(sometimes longer).
Nothing was consistent and there was a huge turnover. The pay was low for the work you've done and never felt appreciated for the hard work.
This job could of been an amazing career move because of the mission an dc goals. The Company needs to focus on their employees as well as the students.
Cons
Pay, Culture and Management
No redeeming qualities
Security Police Officer (Former Employee) –  WVMarch 9, 2018
Don't waste your time. Management is poor. There is reason that their rating is so bad you aren't treated as an employee only a body in a seat. Job seeker beware.
Horrible place to work
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIFebruary 27, 2018
They provide zero training. They have a bunch of unprofessional people working there. A bunch of people that are willing to do anything for money. Depending on your role you might have to be on call for 24 hrs. per day, which provides for no work life balance. Very high turnover rate. Employees are generally not happy here. This organization needs a complete overall, this could be a great program but the employees here are mostly in it for a paycheck. to work here it is necessary to care about children. Stay away from this company--total waste of time.
Pros
None-
Cons
A paycheck
Don't take their employees seriously
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  China Lake, CAFebruary 13, 2018
I had numerous issues and was not given any help, with the exception of one manager, who left before I even did due to the same issues (She is amazing). I had reported another employee for breaking numerous rules and was told they would do something about it (never did). Also was told by multiple people in management that we needed to look for a job outside of Alutiiq if we wanted to move up, get a raise, or even get an evaluation.
Employment is the worst
Instructor (Former Employee) –  BambeFebruary 5, 2018
Worst place to work. Management doesn’t care about staff. Had to go through everything badeveryday I was employed. People are not nice at all they have poor communication
Terrible company.. They would not hiring enough. Work you to death.
Security Guard (Current Employee) –  Greenbelt, MDJanuary 30, 2018
Would not work for company. Keep changing your work schedule. Make you work on day off. Do care about there employees. Work you to death and blame all the negativity on employees.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Work to much. No advancements.
Bad place to work
Buyer (Former Employee) –  Tinker AFB, OKJanuary 29, 2018
This company took over a new contract. Was the subject of a 4-5 month strike for unfair hiring practices. Screwed up long term employees retirement.

Brought in new staff because current staff was on strike. Provided no training. Did not even have computers or phones ready for the new employee

Once current employees returned training was beginning to be provided but not in a constructive fashion.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
Relax
Housing Referral Assistant PSNS Detachment (Current Employee) –  Yokosuka Naval Base, JapanNovember 28, 2017
work wise is relaxed and plenty of opportunity for growth within the company. Only down part is that work is available when you have people flying in from Washington States, otherwise there is not much hours if you want a full time.
Review
Medical Records Clerk Naval Hospital Guam (Former Employee) –  GuamAugust 8, 2017
Work schedule is predictable. Learned different areas of the work place I was assigned to. Diverse culture. Sometimes the hardest part of the job was having to listen to vulgar language both in the department and from patients. Most enjoyable, seeing patients happy.