Afortus Financial

Afortus Financial Employee Reviews

Afortus Financial insights

Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Fair pay for job

Self Motivated work ethics

Great set up of receiving potential leads that have already set up tentative appointments to meet with sales representative. Given necessary tools and training to properly represnt company and sell product.

Pros

Able to work remotely

Cons

Commission based

You are in charge of your schedule and sucess

Completely autonomous. The training is there for anyone who will use it and is constantly changing and very innovating. Can move as fast as you are willing to.

Pros

Freedom and no limits on income/growth

Cons

Can't think of any right now

Current Employee for last 6 years

I have been with this company for the ladt 6 years. It is definetly a company that you can grow with. Like any company, you will need to find your "Why" and Afortus is very much so supportive in every way to achieve that.

Pros

Employees are personable and appointments are very good!

Cons

Great place. Great people.

This is a great place to work. The people alone make the job more worth it. There is always room to grow here. You just have to buckle down and work hard for what you want.

Pros

Amazing people

Cons

No Benefits

Experience at work

Me working has been awesome. People are great to work with and good pay. My schedule is 8:30 to just after 5 every work day which is a awesome schedule. My Weekends are free.

Pros

Has a potluck and celebrate birthdays once a month

Your experience matters.

Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.

Feel like I got taken for $300

They lure you in with their "proven system" to pay the $300. Then you realize you've been sucked into a MLM type situation requiring you to hit up friends and family first before you see any appointments. They don't have a clear line between their religious beliefs, and business. And lastly push other biz ops that are MLM type in nature.

Pros

Cons

all of the above

Official response from Afortus Financial

April 12, 2019
I am sorry that Afortus didn't work out for you. We are more than happy to refund your deposit of the $297 as we don't want you to feel you where taken for by any means. As stated in our webinar there are 4 appointments you will go out on as part of training that you do setup. Again, this is clearly covered in the webinar and the checklist of our paperwork so there is no confusion. We are a national company that works with many walks of life, creeds, and religious outlooks. We would never try and push something one anyone in that nature and would also like to make sure we dont have a training problem in a region that maybe left a bad taste in your mouth. Feel free to call into our Home Office and let them know you need a refund, and the person you speak to will also be able to get the training info across to make sure no one else runs into the same problems.

Shady company, costs $300 before they disclose user agreement

I fell for the bait and switch and it cost me $297 before I realized what I was getting into. They solicit agents by getting them to watch a 45 minute webinar that is all bright, fluffy and promising. And as soon as you are done watching it they are on the phone with you passively aggressively getting you to sign up and fork over $297 via credit card. After that, they require you to agree to their enormous user agreement, before appointment, that includes every loophole under the sun relieving the agency of financial liability and putting it all on the agent. There were well over 20 pages of terms and conditions and one of them was you were to memorize a 20 page script before you could begin working on your own with the so called leads they provided. I got halfway thru reading their User agreement and realized I was in a lose lose situation and decided to cut my loses at $297. Shame on me. Life’s lessons learned. AGENTS BEWARE!!! Words of wisdom for Agents: Always request a user agreement, always request financial commitments from you and always negotiate accordingly as far as commission % cuts before paying any fees. I recommend you negotiate your own private contract with this company. A career in Life Insurance and Financial services are a huge risk for Agents. Investigate the company before you commit.

Pros

Cons

Non-disclosure of terms and conditions required from Agent

Official response from Afortus Financial

April 12, 2019
I am sorry to hear that it didnt work out for you. However, if you would like we would be more than happy to refund your $297 if you no longer feel like its a fit. Our agent contract is like most in the industry in that there are protections for both the agent and the agency. The only financial obligations we have are laid out upfront and are gone over in the webinar. The deposit of $297, E&O Coverage (cost varies depending on company you go through), and getting licensed if not already done so. Outside of that there are no additional costs to work with Afortus. As per contract levels we do not offer private contract levels. All of our agents are on an even playing field with contract levels. Its laid out clearly in the webinar and checklist you fill out before on boarding. Also our current scripting is 8 pages, but the only steps that are currently required to be memorized are a couple of sections, not the entire thing verbatim. I apologize if your trainer didnt make that clear to you. Again i am very sorry that it didnt work out and we would be happy to issue you a refund of your deposit to hopefully help you feel like it wasnt a negative decision. Feel free to contact the home office about a refund and we can get you taken care of.

Love Afortus!!

This is such a great firm to work with! They have great products, great leadership, and great programs! Seriously couldn't imagine where my income levels would be without them!! HIGHLY recommended!

Pros

Great Products, Great Teams, Great Comp!

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Afortus Financial. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Afortus Financial