Play YouTube video button

AFS Logistics Employee Reviews

Featured review
AFS Logistics selected this as a representative review
Great Place to Work!
Department Manager (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 14, 2018
AFS Logistics is an outstanding company. I heard about AFS through several mutual contacts in this field that were raving about working there. Over the years, I realized that opportunities for advancement are there if you are motivated and work hard. Management is honest and accessible all the way to the CEO.
Working here will ruin your logistics career
Business Development Representative (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMarch 30, 2019
Between the non-competitive completely one sided compensation, crazy employment contract and terrible work environment, you couldn't pick a worse company to work for.

For business development, the comp plan changes on a whim.

Upper management seems to change on an annual basis and this company is like a runaway train headed down a mountain. If you work for AFS, get ready to pick another field after your short term because you won't be in logistics any more. They make sure of that.

Inquire about turnover rate for all employees.

Unless you are fresh out of prison, this company makes no sense to take any job. Anyone else can do much better.
Managers tend to micromanage.
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCMarch 24, 2019
It was a decent place to work until upper management started a hiring frenzy with too many people walking around doing nothing. Too many hired off the street when they could have easily promoted from within with employees already trained for the position.
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Very low pay and no advancement and lack of job security
Good Company
Quality Manager (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LaJanuary 8, 2019
AFS logistics provided the necessary resources for their employees to be successful. They laid out the expectations for employees and allowed the employees the freedom to do their job in the best manner possible without micro-managing.
It was fine
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LADecember 13, 2018
It was fine, Did not appreciate the final outcome when I worked hard for the company. I was let go based on feelings from another employee not my work
provides a paycheck
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LA 71106August 22, 2018
this company provides a paycheck. No real room for the common employee to advance. No pay increases based on merit. HR does not know the abilities or skills of employees, and will tell you one thing and do another. There is no confidentiality in the building. Management is not professional or skilled at direction or being proactive. The company operates in a reactive fashion.They will over burden the good ones and make excuses for the others.
Pros
Day shift
Cons
pay is not merit based
Fast-Paced Environment, Growth Opportunities
Data Entry (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 15, 2018
AFS is in the middle of a major transition period. With a new leadership team in place, a lot of moves are being made, which does cause fear of job security for the employees. However, I do believe these changes will benefit the company and the employees.
Not so good
Logistics Specialist (Current Employee) –  Rather not sayAugust 12, 2018
This was a great company before management changed, now it is terrible. No raises no promotions unless you know the manager personally over that department. It's just a paycheck,. Worst company I have ever worked for
Pros
You can make up missed hrs
Poor management & promoted false hope
CSR - Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJuly 29, 2018
AFS expects you to follow your duties out with incomplete training. Compensation for the highly stressful environment is embarrassing. If a coworker is lacking then the management at AFS will give you their work because you get yours done in a timely matter...in doing so they do not offer any extra compensation for your efforts. The company gives you a false hope of moving up the corporate ladder.
Pros
benefits, coworkers
Cons
poor management, poor wages, false hope
AFS is a great company now, but has a lot of people worried about it's future.
anonymous (Current Employee) –  anonymousJuly 9, 2018
I want to preface with this - In the past 3 years AFS has drastically changed how it's run and managed. So within a year, everything I say and think about the company could be worse, better, or completely different.
I think that AFS will grow a lot in the near future and become successful financially. I think it will lose a major part of the things that made it a great company as it moves on from this small business mentality. This is a pro/con situation and I understand a need for it given the owner's current situation with the company and the current EC.
The only problem with this is on a personal level. If you're looking for a position that allows freedom and job security based on performance AFS would have been a great company for these things a year or two ago. Now it feels like those pros are slipping away and being replaced with other, more corporate, benefits.
I still believe the people who work at AFS are some of the best around, especially in the Logistics field. I also believe that currently they offer some of the best jobs in my area.
Pros
Great health and retirement benefits, somewhat relaxed culture, room for advancement as they try to hire from within
Cons
Culture not as good as it used to be, chaotic environment (identity of the company changes constantly)
Good company to work for
Mail Clerk (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMay 11, 2018
I loved this job immensely. I believe I would still be here of it weren't for the medical problems at the time. I have since taken care of the problems and would love to be here once again
Pros
Excellent management
Cons
N/a
Working at AFS
Accountant II (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAApril 4, 2018
Working at AFS was the worst experience of my life. I was promised training and growth opportunities but that was not the case at all. They paid very well but made my work life a nightmare.
Great place to work.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMarch 13, 2018
A typical day starts with phone calls and emails which you will need to attend too. The hardest part about the job was learning the Logistics terminology. Once you get that down, you are good. They are very family oriented.
Very Fast Paced
Data Entry Clerk (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAMarch 7, 2018
Very Fast paced environment, I learned data entry. Management was very helpful and skillful. The hardest part of the job was learning it. The most enjoyable was the people I worked with.
Great Place to work
Mail Room Clerk (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJanuary 29, 2018
They are very family oriented, meaning if you had to leave work to do something for your children, they did not penalize you or reprimand you for being a parent.
Everyone was very easy to get along with and work with.
Fast Paced and Stressful
Auditor (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJanuary 25, 2018
Office was fast paced and job was stressful. Over the years I learned a lot about Insurance, however there was no room for advancement. Job was close to my home.
Pros
Short Drive
Cons
Stress
This was a part time inside sales job while I worked on my masters degree
Marketing Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXNovember 2, 2017
I was an inside sales and support representative for this logistics and freight management company in Dallas. I worked on some outside sales but primarily supported other sales reps while in graduate school. I left upon the completion of my degree and planned with the owner who fully supported my education and basically funded my tuition through this job. Great guy!
Pros
Great owner
Cons
Smaller company that I was working for during a short time frame
AFS is a good place to work
Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LASeptember 14, 2016
That is, If you're part of the senior corporate management. I was the IT systems administrator for almost 4 years. Really surprising considering I called my wife after the first month to tell her I was walking out. I "stuck with it" even though I was underpaid, undermined and spent many all nighters repairing outdated hardware and systems so the email would work the next morning. I was constantly criticized, harassed, yelled at and made to feel inferior by one member of management or another. At time, I had just relocated to my hometown of Shreveport from the Dallas area. I have worked for demanding bosses before, but at the end of the day they would always show their appreciation. I wanted to move home for a slower paced lifestyle, but I discovered that this company was arrogant, vengeful and scheming. Really disappointing treatment for executives that I was high school classmates with. After being fired from AFS as I approached my 4th anniversary, I felt it responsible to report them for software piracy for the illogically obtained software being used by them. Potential employees beware! If you're desperate for a job they will put you to work. But it may cost you your sanity.
Pros
Good technical learning environment
Cons
Arrogance, condesention, ignorance and questionable business practices
Nice Company
Document Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 23, 2016
AFS was a great place to work. They worked with you well in a nice working environment. I really enjoyed my job. The management was always willing to work with scheduling.
Great Benefits, Management Improvements
Data Entry Specialist (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LASeptember 24, 2015
A typical day at AFS is to enter invoices. I learn new information on what to put in the billing and what not to enter. It changes everyday. The management team should be required to take a training class on professionalism. The Co workers are very good to work with. The most enjoyable part of the job is working with Awesome Co workers
Pros
Very well with planning for the work family
Cons
short breaks, unprofessional
Great location
Accounting/Billing Clerk (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LASeptember 10, 2015
Everyday was something new working here. I enjoyed the daily walks to the post office. Getting out of the office for about 20 minutes helps change things up daily. Billing and doing the deposits helped the day go by.
Pros
Hours worked
Cons
Walking in the snow

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AFS Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.