After School All Stars Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Amazing
City of Orlando (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLApril 29, 2018
We come in get the kids into a positive atmosphere so that they can succeed in what it is they truly want to do. After all we do work with in a middle school.
Very poor management
Intern (Former Employee) –  Greenfield, MAMarch 28, 2018
I am very upset with this program the other staff have laughed at the kids and picked on the kids and I even saw staff hit the kids there they are very rude too
Pros
Cons
Poor management and alot more
Great place to make a difference.
Program Leader (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 11, 2018
I have enjoyed the experience. the environment is great and management is understanding but the hours will keep you lacking financially... the pay is fair. The children are good.
After School Tutor (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 11, 2018
Kids need daily assistance with homework. The hardest part of this job is getting them to settle down. The culture of the workplace is to make sure the children have a clear understanding of how to do their work in whatever subject is presented.
Every new day interesting and provid lots of new learning experiences
Program Leader (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 2, 2018
Good staff and very helpful supervisors. Working with elementary to middle school kids is not easy, so the work environment, supervisors, and the training definitely helped.
Pros
Day went by very quickly
Cons
Dealing with parents and bad behaviors could be difficult.
eegdgdhh
Student Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 28, 2017
Daycare Teacher May. 2014 – Aug. 2014

· Provided a variety of materials and resources for children to explore, manipulate and use both in learning activities and in imaginative play

· Taught basic skills such as color, shape, number and letter recognition, personal hygiene, and social skills to children ages 1-4

· Established and enforced rules for behavior, and procedures for maintaining order
Structure and Organization
Program Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCDecember 26, 2017
I love that this jobs allow one to evolve creatively, in terms of, your ideas matter. However, this company is highly unorganized, and things tend to fall into place at the last minute. So if you're okay with picking the ball up once it has dropped, then this place will be a ball for you. Very supportive staff, and a pleasurable work environment, you will never get bored.
I wWas degraded daily by Supervisors because i wouldnt lie and cheat.
Multi-Site Compliance Director (Current Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 7, 2017
Poor Management, unfair treatment and wouldn't pay my vacation time after being released from job on 06/21/2013

The job wasn't hard but very rewarding because I enjoyed working with parents and children.

I enjoyed training Staff and keeping all staff records current to fit DCF guidelines.
tutorial
Teacher (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GADecember 4, 2017
A typical day of work includes working with children to strengthen skills in communication, collaboration, teamwork. and education. Provides students with supplies and tutorial.
Flexible working hours and fun job
Program Leader (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 15, 2017
typical day at work would be sign in kids then lead them to the snack area, followed by their play time then, homework finally, the fun activity you have planed for the day.
Pros
you plan what you and the kids like to do
Cons
always out of supplies had to buy my own
After school all stars is an fair and amazing place to work and that you would always have to work and never stop at all times
Internship (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJuly 3, 2017
Going into the job you are greeted then while the students enter you have to make sure that you are doing your job all the time. I learned that at a working environment it can be easy to get lazy but when working you can't be like that. From the supervisor and co-workers everyone is fair and there to help each other. Everybody there gets along and help is always there. The hardest part on the job is to keep an eye on all students. The most enjoyable is when lunch time because you can talk and spend time with the students .
Pros
Free lunches, great people to work with, and students make you smile
Cons
No breaks, you have to constantly keep an eye on students
Important Program
Program Leader (Former Employee) –  Keaau, HIMay 27, 2017
This program provides a safe, supervised place for middle school children to interact and do their homework. There are a variety of activities for students to do while at the after school program. Staff are given some flexibility in the way they interact and teach students, but are given support from a supervision in the event that an issue arises.
Pros
fun
Cons
disorganized
Productive and fun workplace
Volunteer Captain (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJMay 22, 2017
I enjoyed working for this company; everything they do is for a good cause. They love kids and helping them. It makes you feel good about yourself to be able to help.
Perfect Starter Job
Counselor (Current Employee) –  VariesMay 20, 2017
A definitive starter job for someone 18-21. It builds your character and helps you develop employment experience very easily but also to your own personal needs/skills.
Pros
10.5 an hour (especially the summer), City gyms are free, Every job site is different, Flexible schedule, Very secure, Impact and change the lives of kids
Cons
No pay for off days
This program is amazing
Program Leader (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 10, 2017
I loved having my own classroom being pretty much my own boss. I set up all my lesson plans so I decided what is was my students would learn. Loved this job
Tutoring was a Great Experience
STEM Mentor (Former Employee) –  Newark, NJJanuary 5, 2017
Every Tuesday, as a student at the NJIT Honors College, I volunteered to mentor at a school in Newark for After School All Stars. It was a blast as I was able to help young students learn the wonders of science and teach them about the STEM field as a whole.
Fun and hard place to work in
Program Leader (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CA 90007October 31, 2016
A typical day at work included preparing for my lesson plan of the day. I learned that working with middle school students required lots of patience and a lot of self discipline. My co workers were all supportive of each other. Hardest part of the job was dealing with different personalities with students. My most enjoyable part of this job was getting to know students with similar backgrounds as myself.
Pros
Great staff
Cons
Not enough hours
Fun workplace
Assisted Senior Accountant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLJuly 7, 2016
I learned to do G/L entries, petty-cash reconciliations,
I learned how to maintain accounting records, I learned new and useful excel skills
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No benefits
ASAS is a company dedicated to helping students in the LA area.
Music Instructor (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 9, 2014
This program helps out students who need something to do after school. Whether it is tutoring and homework help, or finding a hobby. As the Instructors Aide, it was my job to help out the newer kids who joined the music program. We would introduce ourselves and our musical interests, no matter how random the group was, we all found something in common. We would then get everyone on an instrument based on prior experience. I would take the students with prior knowledge of musical instruments. We would then go ahead and practice, whether we practiced a song, or learned new notes or even create a simple rhythm. The most enjoyable part of working there would have to be being able to play music with others who share the same passion. However, there are those days where some students would show up and not have an interest in the program.
Pros
Music, teaching
Cons
uncooperative students, restrictions
Great Co-Workers, Fun environment for Camp
Coach (Former Employee) –  Jamaica, NYJuly 24, 2014
A typical day at this camp was always fun regardless of the weather because it was our job as workers to make it fun for us and the campers. The mornings and end of the day meetings were the only parts of the job that were the same on a daily basis. Besides that every day with the campers held a new task and new story for me to remember each day. What I really enjoyed about this camp outside of how much fun it was, was that the bosses and people who funded and ran the camp from behind the scenes were very appreciative of their workers and would promote people accordingly. My first 2 years I was just a camp counselor and helped anyone that needed the help. Then I was promoted to Head Basketball coach and stayed at that position for the last 3 years. It was more responsibility because instead of just helping I was now the person who planned out the activities that were going to played when campers were in my session and much more. The hardest part of the job would have to be keeping all the kids entertained in a safe fun manner. This is because many kids would come in to camp complaining about how it was to hot, or they don't like basketball or wearing open toed sandals instead of running sneakers. Though I was able to work around all these obstacles and get them to enjoy the game through different sorts of drills rather than playing games. This camp helped me grow as a man and the biggest lesson I have learned from working this camp is always bring your A game to work and leave all outside problems outside of work.
Pros
Fun, Challenging, No day was like prior
Cons
Weather changed plans frequently