Aftermath Services Employee Reviews

On call
Crime Scene Technician (Current Employee) –  Tacoma, WAFebruary 1, 2019
The job is on call. you have to have your phone on at all times and it is stressful because its hard to enjoy family time for fear that you may get a call and have to leave in the middle of a function. Sleep is always interrupted. Plans are always going to be changed
Pros
the work is never the same
Cons
long hours and lots of driving
Extremely hard work, but worth it
Former Employee (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VADecember 11, 2018
If you're honestly looking for a job that allows to you help people, this is the one. Work load goes up and down, but when it's up, it's WAY up. You'll need to be prepared to barely see your family at times, up to a couple weeks at a time depending on your position and your team size. This company is a great company, and I am thankful I was able to experience helping families in their time of grief to return their homes to a livable state. Extremely rewarding job, if you can hack it. It's tough! The hardest and at the same time most enjoyable part is meeting with these families in the middle of grief and trying to console them the best you can, educating them about the services you offer, but after you've done your job properly, the thanks you get from some make all the demanding, messy and upsetting work you've done worth it. Don't go into this job for the money, because you'll never make it. Management treats you fairly. Workplace culture ends up being a second family since you spend so much time with them. A typical day would be getting a call from home office and heading to a job site, meeting with grieving family members and then figuring out how the best remediation plan for the situation to make it safe for the family. After that, you clean up what needs cleaning up. Sometimes it's very in depth, sometimes it is not bad at all. Just depends.
Pros
consoling families, remediation, pay
Cons
no work/life balance. usually always on the road.
Aftermath provides a safe and fair working environment.
Marketing Associate (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILNovember 30, 2018
Working in the marketing department allows me to see all aspects of the company, and how they have to work together to make it run. The culture in the office, is very relaxed. Even though we all have a job to do efficiently and effectively, we can take a step back and get to know one another.
Pros
Upper management encourages employees to ask questions and bounce new thoughts off of them.
Cons
Sometimes can be slow to consider new ideas. "We've tried something like that in the past." However, they allow you to prove them otherwise.
Good Job For the traveler
Lead Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WANovember 4, 2018
Good job if you dont mind to travel. The scope of work is not for the faint of heart you have to love what you do to help the families in need. The company is very team oriented and is a great company to work for.
Pros
great team work
Cons
a lot of traveling and weird random on call hours
A unique position that offers you the ability to work closely in a team and travel.
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOSeptember 10, 2018
A typical day involves traveling to a job site to assess a scene that involves some type of bio hazard trauma. There is sometimes a disconnect between the field and the home office which can be daunting at times. The hardest part of the job is getting used to working on call and traveling away from home at a moments notice. It can be very tough for those employees with families. The best part of the job is getting to assist families in times of need. Aftermath did provide me with opportunities to grow as an employee and individual.
September 17, 2018

Thank you for sharing your feedback. This is certainly a unique career that many of our employees find rewarding and challenging. Our mission to serve families whenever and wherever the need arises does require commitment, and sometimes, a lifestyle adjustment. There will be some weeks that require longer work hours, and other weeks, fewer hours. We appreciate your candid comments and are continuously looking for ways to invest more into our field teams.

Not the worst... Far from the best.
Crime Scene Supervisor (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaAugust 18, 2018
Anytime your not at a crime scene then your pay is minimum wage, you can spend multiple hours driving to a location in the most uncomfortable/cramped work vans just to be denied of service, have to turn around and drive hours back on minimum wage pay. Anytime you are marketing for the company, working in the office, ect. It's all minimum wage pay. Basically with all the minimum wage pay cuts you break even on a $15 per hour job or less in some cases also, you will driving a lot for this job, basically half your work day or more is driving to the location. I'm suppose to be getting paid 26$ per hour, even with working 40 plus hours a week after all the pay cuts I hardly even make 3,000$ a month, no where close to 60,000$ annually more like half that. On top of all that when ever there is no job for days to weeks HR will complain if you have too many marketing hours, too many training hours or too many admin hours, so basically if the company isn't getting paid then neither are you.. As a field supervisor I've personally sold multiple jobs ranging from 40,000$-70,000$ with no commission, the company claims to insurance companies and customers that they pay techs an hourly wage of $100+ per hour just to increase profit per job, unfortunately in corporate eyes employees and customers are now just a number, the benefits are terrible, basically the worst benefits a company can offer. Pretty much you can not have any balance with your personal life being on call 24/7, the company always expects you to drop whatever you are doing to dispatch to a scene with very little to no schedule  more... planning. Basically if your desperate for work, dont have a life/family and want to make a little more than minimum wage then this is a good place to work, really the major positive is helping people actually in need, and working with SOME really cool people in the field, otherwise it's not the best place to work.  less
Pros
OK pay, free lunch, travel, sometimes work with great people
Cons
Pay cuts, traveling, poor management, high turn over rate, aggressive work environment
September 17, 2018

We have a strong commitment to helping families in need, and that means being available whenever and wherever they need us. We understand that this commitment means unpredictability in hours worked. We are transparent and upfront about on and off peak work schedules – some weeks may require longer hours, while other weeks require fewer hours. This is why we offer overtime and holiday pay to compensate for the variability. We also offer paid administrative, training, and marketing hours for off peak hours that aim to improve our field teams and our presence in a local market. We recognize that our business is unique; it is also one that requires a different type of lifestyle.

We do not claim to be the perfect company, but we care deeply about our employees and our customers. We have an open-door policy so that both ideas and concerns can be raised and reviewed. Our company has and continues to grow with the help of all of our employees in the field and in the home office.

We appreciate your feedback.

Aftermath
Supervisor of Branch (Former Employee) –  Cumming, GAAugust 8, 2018
if you wanna make good money but sacrifice it all in terms of family and personal life this job has it. On average you can work as much as 210 hours in a pay-cycle or as little as 40
Pros
Lots of MONEY
Cons
No personal life
September 17, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Opinions of our current and former employees are important to us and help us to grow and improve our company.

Our mission is to help families whenever and wherever they may need us. Whenever and wherever a tragedy may occur (including on weekends, at night, and on holidays), we are committed to providing emergency assistance. This unpredictability means that we have on and off peak work schedules. Some weeks may require longer hours, while other weeks require fewer hours. This is why we offer overtime and holiday pay to compensate for the variability.

We recognize that our business is unique and tests our employees both physically and emotionally given the types of situations that we respond to. While this job offers a very interesting and different type of work, it is also one that requires a different type of lifestyle. We appreciate your feedback and will take your comments to heart; we are constantly looking to improve our culture and organization.

A unique company for sure
Client Manager (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILApril 21, 2018
This company is definitely one of the best I have worked for. They have a vested interest in their employees. Yes, it is stressful and certainly not for everyone but if you are in to helping others, being a part of a family at work and putting in some long hard hours this is the place to be.
Pros
Very good culture, caring employer
Cons
Long hours, need more paid time off
September 17, 2018

Our employees are at the core of our business and we appreciate all that you do for us and for our customers. We appreciate your feedback and will look for ways to invest more into our employees.

Stay away
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grain Valley, MOMarch 2, 2018
Dead end job. Sure you can advance positions, but it doesnt increase your pay over all. Terribly managed. They say they are there to help the families but in reality its just to force an insurance claim upon them. It costs an insane amount of money to use their services when the majority of the employees dont know up from down or what is going on at all.
Pros
Cons
Did you read the review?!
March 9, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Opinions of all of our employees, current and former, are important in helping us grow and improve the company. We are sorry to hear that your experience with us did not meet your expectations.

Our first priority is to help families and businesses in their time of need, regardless of their financial situation. We guide families through the claims process if they are using homeowners insurance, and offer a variety of flexible payment options if they require financial assistance. We promise to work with families on payment options and we have, and will continue to, uphold that promise.

Crime scene cleanup is demanding work, both mentally and physically. This is why all of our field employees are trained on a standardized set of best practices, customer experience, proprietary cleaning methods, and safety compliance.

We appreciate your feedback and take your comments to heart. We are constantly looking to improve our culture and organization.

Don't work here.
Crime Scene Technician (Former Employee) –  Middletown, CTDecember 14, 2017
Aftermath services gives the promise of a excellent career at the cost of employee happiness by taking zero consideration into work/life balance. They don't care about their employees which is why the turnover rate is horrible.
Pros
N/a
Cons
N/a
March 9, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are sorry to hear that your experience with us did not meet your expectations. We are committed to providing a comfortable, transparent, and collaborative environment for all of our employees. While we understand that being on call may be a challenge, particularly for work/life balance, it is also a fundamental aspect of our business. Our mission is to help families whenever and wherever they may be. We cannot predict when a tragedy may occur, but when they do, we are committed to providing emergency assistance. This unpredictability also means that we have on and off peak work schedules. Some weeks may require longer hours, while other weeks require fewer hours. We understand that translates into fluctuation in earnings, which is why we pay for overtime and offer holiday pay to compensate for that variability.

Not your average job
Supervisor / Technician (Former Employee) –  Grain Valley, MODecember 10, 2017
No set schedule, when you work, you work. Its not a laid back job. There is a lot of situations that is very stressful and can cause problems at home if not careful
March 13, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We recognize that our business is unique and tests our employees both physically and emotionally given the types of situations that we respond to. While this job offers a very interesting and different type of work, it is also one that requires a different type of lifestyle. I appreciate your feedback and will take your comments to heart; we are constantly looking to improve our culture and organization.

Stay away
Crime Scene Technician (Former Employee) –  Oakdale, MNNovember 12, 2017
Bad company, they are very petty individuals, management only care about the insurance part of the job, nothing else I mean literally. They try and make everything look good.
Pros
Cons
Fake
March 13, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that your experience with us did not meet your expectations. We strive to provide transparency across the organization and to follow-up on employee feedback.

We appreciate your feedback.

I never looked forward to going into work until this job.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CTJuly 10, 2017
I have worked for Aftermath for a little under a year. During that time, I have managed to travel all over the northeast, get promoted TWICE, and meet people from all over the country.

Yeah, it's grueling work at times, and the on-call aspect isn't ideal. But Aftermath takes care of its employees. We are provided with great pay, stellar benefits (health, dental, AND life insurance, as well as a 401k plan), a huge support system, and the opportunity to travel nationwide. Not to mention, Aftermath is very big on promoting from within. My superiors have been my biggest cheerleaders, pushing me forward and giving me the tools I need to succeed. It definitely isn't hard to make a career out of this job.

As far as our services go, I have never worked for a client who wasn't relieved or grateful for our help. Aftermath goes above and beyond for these families in their time of need, whether it be financially or emotionally. I am so proud to be a part of that.
Pros
Great benefits, tight knit crew (we're basically family at this point), opportunity to advance within the company, opportunity to travel nationwide
Cons
On-call 24/7 so it's hard to make plans and keep them
March 13, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We know that our schedule can be unpredictable, and because we understand and recognize that unpredictability, we provide our employees with as much flexibility and work/life balance as we can. We are fortunate to have a committed team, both at the home office and in the field, to make these accommodations possible. It has been personally rewarding to be able to lead such a dedicated team that shares so much enthusiasm and passion for helping families.

Interesting and rewarding work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 26, 2017
Rewarding work, helping families in a time of need. If you like challenging work and travel this is a great company to be a part of. Strong team atmosphere throughout the company.
Pros
Helping families in a time of need, Great pay when busy, The safety of employees and the families we help are taken very seriously.
Cons
24/7 -The schedule can be tough and hard to get used to especially if you have a family.
Incredible company to work for
Assistant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  North Attleboro, MAJune 26, 2017
I have been employed with Aftermath for over one year, and I absolutely love my job. I have never been so content working at any of my previous jobs until now. I tell everyone I have found my calling in life. At the end of each job, I feel a sense of pride, because I know I helped a family in need during an unfortunate time in their lives. Aftermath is caring and compassionate about the families we assist and our employees. I am very happy to be apart of the team.
Pros
Awesome benefits, great pay, AMAZING co-workers.
Cons
Hot, waiting for the phone to ring.
March 13, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience; this provides a great perspective to those who may potentially join our family. It is great to hear that you find our work rewarding, as many do in our organization. However, we do understand that it is not work for the faint of heart and am glad to see that you have embraced the challenge. Because we serve families whenever and wherever the need arises, it does require commitment, and sometimes, a lifestyle adjustment. We appreciate your feedback and will continue to work to improve our organization.

24/7 on-call means 24/7
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Bayville, NJMay 27, 2017
You can get called at absolutely any time for a job and are expected to go. There is never a guaranteed day off which make it difficult to make plans. However you can make great money and the experience is one of a kind.
March 13, 2018

Thank you for sharing your comments. We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your time at Aftermath. Our industry is unique and challenging, but it is this uniqueness that draws in people of all backgrounds. We are lucky to have such a dedicated team in the home office and in our field who are highly motivated to help families through traumatic experiences. Thank you again for your feedback; we welcome these opportunities to improve our organization.

Good Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILMarch 2, 2017
Always different. I enjoy working with coworkers since everyone is friendly and willing to help you if you need it. Great company culture.
March 13, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We're glad to hear that you have enjoyed your tenure at the company. What we do is certainly unique and challenging, and it is this uniqueness that draws in people of all backgrounds. We are lucky to have a dedicate team in the home office and in our field who are highly motivated to help families through traumatic experiences. Please continue to share your feedback; we welcome these opportunities to improve our company.

Terrible place to work
Technician (Former Employee) –  Northampton, PAFebruary 28, 2017
They just dont care about you at all. Pay is not good even though you make 20 an hour when working on the job you get 10 an hour for everything else which is the majority of your work . corporate treats you as a replaceable slave you will never be home will have to pay for your own food when your away from home and alot of days you will be working 12 hours or more sometimes alot of times 18 hour or more and then they expect you to jump up and go to another job the next morning .
Pros
Cons
everything
March 13, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that your experience with us did not meet your expectations. While we understand that being on call may be a challenging commitment, it is also a fundamental aspect of our business. Our mission is to help families whenever and wherever they may be. We cannot predict when a tragedy may occur - they can occur during weekends, at night, during odd times – but when they do, we are committed to providing emergency assistance. This unpredictability also means that we have on and off peak work schedules. Some weeks may require longer hours, while other weeks require fewer hours. We understand that translates into fluctuation in earnings, which is why we pay for overtime and offer holiday pay to compensate for that variability.

We recognize that our business is unique and tests our employees both physically and emotionally given the types of situations that we respond to. While this job offers a very interesting and different type of work, it is also one that requires a different type of lifestyle. We appreciate your feedback.

Disrespectful company to employees and customers
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Oakdale, MNJuly 1, 2016
I worked there for a year and see that the company is just looking to get insurance money from customers. There is little guidance and support from corporate office. There is so much time between jobs that employees just end up quitting, leaving those who remain to handle all of the jobs that come up. Then corporate office doesn't appreciate the effort.

Do not work for this company; you will regret it.
Cons
Sporadic hours, inconsistent direction from management
This is a good job to have if you don't mind going broke or missing rent for the month
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 24, 2016
Don't apply here..there's better jobs out there,don't fall for the 20$ an hour catch.you will work maybe 15 days out the month and the place is overpriced majority of the time customers look at us stupid when they hear the price
Pros
Traveling around
Cons
Lack of work, corporate, you will spend 2 weeks home with no pay if it's slow

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aftermath Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8