Aftermath Services Employee Reviews

A unique company for sure
Client Manager (Current Employee) –  Aurora, ILApril 21, 2018
This company is definitely one of the best I have worked for. They have a vested interest in their employees. Yes, it is stressful and certainly not for everyone but if you are in to helping others, being a part of a family at work and putting in some long hard hours this is the place to be.
Pros
Very good culture, caring employer
Cons
Long hours, need more paid time off
Stay away
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Grain Valley, MOMarch 2, 2018
Dead end job. Sure you can advance positions, but it doesnt increase your pay over all. Terribly managed. They say they are there to help the families but in reality its just to force an insurance claim upon them. It costs an insane amount of money to use their services when the majority of the employees dont know up from down or what is going on at all.
Pros
Cons
Did you read the review?!
March 9, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Opinions of all of our employees, current and former, are important in helping us grow and improve the company. We are sorry to hear that your experience with us did not meet your expectations.

Our first priority is to help families and businesses in their time of need, regardless of their financial situation. We guide families through the claims process if they are using homeowners insurance, and offer a variety of flexible payment options if they require financial assistance. We promise to work with families on payment options and we have, and will continue to, uphold that promise.

Crime scene cleanup is demanding work, both mentally and physically. This is why all of our field employees are trained on a standardized set of best practices, customer experience, proprietary cleaning methods, and safety compliance.

We appreciate your feedback and take your comments to heart. We are constantly looking to improve our culture and organization.

Not your average job
Supervisor / Technician (Former Employee) –  Grain Valley, MODecember 10, 2017
No set schedule, when you work, you work. Its not a laid back job. There is a lot of situations that is very stressful and can cause problems at home if not careful
March 13, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We recognize that our business is unique and tests our employees both physically and emotionally given the types of situations that we respond to. While this job offers a very interesting and different type of work, it is also one that requires a different type of lifestyle. I appreciate your feedback and will take your comments to heart; we are constantly looking to improve our culture and organization.

Stay away
Crime Scene Technician (Former Employee) –  Oakdale, MNNovember 12, 2017
Bad company, they are very petty individuals, management only care about the insurance part of the job, nothing else I mean literally. They try and make everything look good.
Pros
Cons
Fake
March 13, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that your experience with us did not meet your expectations. We strive to provide transparency across the organization and to follow-up on employee feedback.

We appreciate your feedback.

I never looked forward to going into work until this job.
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Middletown, CTJuly 10, 2017
I have worked for Aftermath for a little under a year. During that time, I have managed to travel all over the northeast, get promoted TWICE, and meet people from all over the country.

Yeah, it's grueling work at times, and the on-call aspect isn't ideal. But Aftermath takes care of its employees. We are provided with great pay, stellar benefits (health, dental, AND life insurance, as well as a 401k plan), a huge support system, and the opportunity to travel nationwide. Not to mention, Aftermath is very big on promoting from within. My superiors have been my biggest cheerleaders, pushing me forward and giving me the tools I need to succeed. It definitely isn't hard to make a career out of this job.

As far as our services go, I have never worked for a client who wasn't relieved or grateful for our help. Aftermath goes above and beyond for these families in their time of need, whether it be financially or emotionally. I am so proud to be a part of that.
Pros
Great benefits, tight knit crew (we're basically family at this point), opportunity to advance within the company, opportunity to travel nationwide
Cons
On-call 24/7 so it's hard to make plans and keep them
March 13, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We know that our schedule can be unpredictable, and because we understand and recognize that unpredictability, we provide our employees with as much flexibility and work/life balance as we can. We are fortunate to have a committed team, both at the home office and in the field, to make these accommodations possible. It has been personally rewarding to be able to lead such a dedicated team that shares so much enthusiasm and passion for helping families.

Interesting and rewarding work
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Boston, MAJune 26, 2017
Rewarding work, helping families in a time of need. If you like challenging work and travel this is a great company to be a part of. Strong team atmosphere throughout the company.
Pros
Helping families in a time of need, Great pay when busy, The safety of employees and the families we help are taken very seriously.
Cons
24/7 -The schedule can be tough and hard to get used to especially if you have a family.
Incredible company to work for
Assistant Supervisor (Current Employee) –  North Attleboro, MAJune 26, 2017
I have been employed with Aftermath for over one year, and I absolutely love my job. I have never been so content working at any of my previous jobs until now. I tell everyone I have found my calling in life. At the end of each job, I feel a sense of pride, because I know I helped a family in need during an unfortunate time in their lives. Aftermath is caring and compassionate about the families we assist and our employees. I am very happy to be apart of the team.
Pros
Awesome benefits, great pay, AMAZING co-workers.
Cons
Hot, waiting for the phone to ring.
March 13, 2018

Thank you for sharing your experience; this provides a great perspective to those who may potentially join our family. It is great to hear that you find our work rewarding, as many do in our organization. However, we do understand that it is not work for the faint of heart and am glad to see that you have embraced the challenge. Because we serve families whenever and wherever the need arises, it does require commitment, and sometimes, a lifestyle adjustment. We appreciate your feedback and will continue to work to improve our organization.

24/7 on-call means 24/7
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Bayville, NJMay 27, 2017
You can get called at absolutely any time for a job and are expected to go. There is never a guaranteed day off which make it difficult to make plans. However you can make great money and the experience is one of a kind.
March 13, 2018

Thank you for sharing your comments. We are glad to hear that you have enjoyed your time at Aftermath. Our industry is unique and challenging, but it is this uniqueness that draws in people of all backgrounds. We are lucky to have such a dedicated team in the home office and in our field who are highly motivated to help families through traumatic experiences. Thank you again for your feedback; we welcome these opportunities to improve our organization.

Good Environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Aurora, ILMarch 2, 2017
Always different. I enjoy working with coworkers since everyone is friendly and willing to help you if you need it. Great company culture.
March 13, 2018

Thank you for your feedback. We're glad to hear that you have enjoyed your tenure at the company. What we do is certainly unique and challenging, and it is this uniqueness that draws in people of all backgrounds. We are lucky to have a dedicate team in the home office and in our field who are highly motivated to help families through traumatic experiences. Please continue to share your feedback; we welcome these opportunities to improve our company.

Terrible place to work
Technician (Former Employee) –  Northampton, PAFebruary 28, 2017
They just dont care about you at all. Pay is not good even though you make 20 an hour when working on the job you get 10 an hour for everything else which is the majority of your work . corporate treats you as a replaceable slave you will never be home will have to pay for your own food when your away from home and alot of days you will be working 12 hours or more sometimes alot of times 18 hour or more and then they expect you to jump up and go to another job the next morning .
Pros
Cons
everything
March 13, 2018

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that your experience with us did not meet your expectations. While we understand that being on call may be a challenging commitment, it is also a fundamental aspect of our business. Our mission is to help families whenever and wherever they may be. We cannot predict when a tragedy may occur - they can occur during weekends, at night, during odd times – but when they do, we are committed to providing emergency assistance. This unpredictability also means that we have on and off peak work schedules. Some weeks may require longer hours, while other weeks require fewer hours. We understand that translates into fluctuation in earnings, which is why we pay for overtime and offer holiday pay to compensate for that variability.

We recognize that our business is unique and tests our employees both physically and emotionally given the types of situations that we respond to. While this job offers a very interesting and different type of work, it is also one that requires a different type of lifestyle. We appreciate your feedback.

Disrespectful company to employees and customers
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Oakdale, MNJuly 1, 2016
I worked there for a year and see that the company is just looking to get insurance money from customers. There is little guidance and support from corporate office. There is so much time between jobs that employees just end up quitting, leaving those who remain to handle all of the jobs that come up. Then corporate office doesn't appreciate the effort.

Do not work for this company; you will regret it.
Cons
Sporadic hours, inconsistent direction from management
This is a good job to have if you don't mind going broke or missing rent for the month
Field Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 24, 2016
Don't apply here..there's better jobs out there,don't fall for the 20$ an hour catch.you will work maybe 15 days out the month and the place is overpriced majority of the time customers look at us stupid when they hear the price
Pros
Traveling around
Cons
Lack of work, corporate, you will spend 2 weeks home with no pay if it's slow
Amazing job
Backup supervisor (Current Employee) –  Greensboro, NCJune 23, 2016
I have been with the company for over a year now and have advanced to back up supervisor. It is a wonderful place to work. I feel like the company looks out for its employees. If there are no jobs coming in there are other opportunities that the company give to still make hours. I couldn't ask for a better company to help me advance my career.
Pros
Benefits, pays well, see new places
Cons
On call dealing with distraught famlies
interesting job
Office Manager/Growth Supervisor (Former Employee) –  North Attleboro, MAJanuary 11, 2016
on call 24-7-365. Manager was less than professional and a tyrant. We spent all of our own money and barely made it paycheck to paycheck
Pros
pay for everything yourself zero reimbursements
Cons
bio suits
One was being nice. This company has integrity issues
Back up supervisor (Former Employee) –  Middletown ctOctober 22, 2015
This by far was the worst work experience yet. Low hours, supervisor that is not always honest and does a lot of back door stuff.
Pros
The job itself is good helping families
Cons
Supervisor who has problems in how to treat anyone. And no hours
On call 24/7
Crime Scene Filed Technician (Current Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJuly 6, 2015
My typical day:

I am on call 24/7. Ready to go to work at any given time without compensation.
I would have to be at our shop within an hour or less.
Drive the work van anywhere from 30 min to 5 hours away from our shop to get to the crime scene.
Be courteous and sensitive to the family.
Photograph the scene, measure, sketch out the scene and contaminated area.
Provide an estimate to the home owner or next of kin.
If the job is accepted, we set up a safe zone (where all of our equipment goes for easy access. photograph all materials that will be needed to complete the job), set up a buffer zone (where we seal contaminated area and insure to not cross contaminate. This is where we take off our PPE's).
Correctly use our PPE;s while removing, cleaning or discarding personal property.
Properly remove all of bio-hazardous materials or any other bodily fluids, place into bio-hazardous bags, containers or boxes. Decontaminate the infected area and check with chemical and blood pathogen equipment for any remaining traces.
After the room or rooms are completely decontaminated,
we would take pictures and weigh all the boxes.
Take inventory of everything that was discarded.
Load all of the boxes or discardable furniture into the van.
Drive back to the shop where we are to properly discard of all materials from the job.
Disinfect the van and then restock van for all and any materials that we might have used.

What I have learned:

Creativity and patience come a long way while solving technical issues. There can be many ways to solve problems. Physics does
  more... not always make sense. Leadership is just as important as teamwork. In regard to helping others, personal satisfaction is worth all of the hard work. Appreciate the people around you and tell them often, you never know if will be the last time you see them.

Management: No comment.

Co-Workers:
They are all very unique and valued as such. My co-workers are great people to work with, they are funny and very hard workers. They make time away from home not so bad.

The hardest part of this job:

These jobs can take anywhere from an hour to 4 days to complete. Often we drive for long hours and do not get the job. We can work anywhere from 10 - 18 hours straight in a single day. We can start a job soon after arrival regardless of driving for long hours. This job requires a lot of heavy lifting, hours without food (not including snacks). This job requires us to be on call 24/7 without pay. Driving time is only $10.00 an hour. The main focus of the company is to get the job, our security is not priority. We are not promised 40 hours a week, we have gone almost a month with barely any work. Most of the time the van does not work properly, if the AC is not working, something else is breaking, and it takes forever to get it fixed. This is a problem when it snows or the temperature is extremely hot. When we are slow we are expected to market for the company at only $10.00 and hour.

The most enjoyable part of the job:

Most families are very appreciative for our assistance, It brings me personal satisfaction to help families in need, especially at such a rough time. We get to solve problems and come up with creative ways to solve unique issues that arise while on the job. My coworkers are funny, respectable and pleasant people to work with.
Pros
Personal satisfaction
Cons
Our safety is irreverent, 40 hours are not guaranteed, We often work for only $10.00 an hour, Medical benefits are not great.
what is there to say
Crime & Trauma Scene Cleanup (Former Employee) –  USAOctober 9, 2014
well not much to say other than that everybody will talk to you except the HR dept. that is it. nothing more Have a good day!
Pros
long hours equal fat checks
Cons
lack of steady work
Probably the worse place I've worked.
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  OhioJuly 24, 2014
This was the most inconsistent, demanding, underpayed job that I was never trained to do. Our lack of training was astonishing, we literally had NO on the job training but were still required to muddle through our job increasing our risk to exposure. The customers weren't getting the service they payed for and it took no time before I realized the company was set-up as a cash grab by defrauding insurance company's.

Cooperate treated you as slaves, not calling for weeks at a time then calling in the middle of a Friday night ordering you to drop everything so you could go rob people on their behalf.

I currently get through my bad days at work by saying to myself, "It's still better than the best day working for Aftermath."
Cons
Poor training and communication.
The company needs to have better training to ensure the employees are knowledgeable of the job.
Field Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Columbia, ILJuly 2, 2014
I am not fond of the 13 complaints that they have had in the past 3 years. Their is no work life balance which is something that every person needs in their life. The unsteady pay is another thing that a person can't tolerate. Working in health threatening situations aren't good as well even if you take breaks and hydrate yourself.
If you want a company that values its employees, KEEP LOOKING!
Supevisor (Former Employee) –  Allentown,PAMay 9, 2014
You are expected to be on call 24 hrs a day 7 days a week, even if there is no work for 6 weeks you are expected to be available at all times. You can go 2 months without work, and no work means no pay. Company expects you to stay on staff while making no income. You can't have another job, because you have to be on call 24/7.
Zero chance of advancing to the corporate office, they no longer promote people in the field. Supervisor is the ceiling for the field.
I visited the corporate office and heard management state that they do not want to pay employees more than $40,000 because then they get lazy. Your are made to feel that everyone is replaceable from the top down.
Pros
Good pay, Helping people in need
Cons
Not enough work, no schedule, constant changing of management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aftermath Services. Our community is ready to answer.

2.6