Ag-Pro Companies Employee Reviews

Over all good work place, real good people to work with.
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Floresville, TXJanuary 10, 2019
Ag-Pro is a good company to work for, good people and a good environment. I have worked here for a year now and I like it, I’m just looking for better pay.
Pros
7:30-5:30 Monday through Friday.
Cons
Hard to get what you ask for in order to stay safe and be productive.
Freedom to succeed
Location Manager (Current Employee) –  Madison GAJanuary 7, 2019
If you work hard and are smart you can go far with this company. If you are slack they will give you more then enough rope to hang yourself.

If you are willing to relocate you can easily climb the ladder.
Pros
Not micromanaged.
Cons
Limited constructive job performance reviews.
Poor company and management
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Taft, TXJanuary 7, 2019
Management is terrible and they don’t care about their employees at all. Low pay. No training or schools or career development. The shop is in terrible condition and they do nothing to improve it. Went through 3 service managers in the short time I worked there.
Pros
Hour lunch
Terrible place for women
Service Writer (Former Employee) –  Alice, TXJanuary 5, 2019
No job advancement for women. You can do the job well and go above and beyond your duties and still not advance. Management does not manage. Complaints go unanswered. Swept under the rug. A previous review was suppressed as I was still employed and it was put to me in a threatening way to remove it. As I no longner work here, new review. New management bad mouths anyone that leaves. As if leaving on your own choice was him letting you go.
Pros
Freedom. Too much unsupervision.
Cons
Ignorance. Management.
Productive and fun working place that provides a meal plan
Accounting Staff (Former Employee) –  Boston, GAOctober 31, 2018
a typical day at work consists of data entry, contacting vendors, and stores.
The people are what makes the work place so much more enjoyable I highly recommend the company.
Relaxed work enviroment with diverse clientel.
Employee (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GA 30253October 5, 2018
Interesting place to work. Laid back yet professional work environment. Senior staff is knowledgeable and helpful. Job offers plenty of opportunities to learn new things.
Pros
good work enviroment
Cons
pay
Awesome place to work you make your own paycheck
Equipment Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GAOctober 5, 2018
This job is fun ,face paced ,and at times can be difficult , that's why I love it ..Between the constant learning of products and customer interactions it makes the day fly bye. The leadership at my location to me is spot on ,not over bearing and micro managing but there to support you and help you grow. I recommend the sales position in the McDonough location to anyone who is looking to grow there earning potential .I have been here almost a year and have sold 1.5 million dollars in equipment and plan to double that next year. Great place ,great management,, great pay,,
Pros
great money, faced paced, great bennefits
Inexperienced management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaAugust 25, 2018
This company hires mostly young inexperienced sales people and managers and throws them out there with zero training. It operates on the sink or swim mentality. Turnover is huge. Most of the long term employees are gone. All the company cares about is cash flow. Doesn’t seem like upper management cares about customers or employees. It also Seems like upper management causes a lot of stress to store/department managers thus causing a snowball effect of everyone being stressed.
corporate creates unnecessary stress
Service Manager over the small machine dept (Former Employee) –  Oxford, ALAugust 16, 2018
store level management was fine. corporate was poor. lost sight of customers all about money. promised advancement opportunities and nothing developed. never got a pay raise or review. only good compensation was overtime but then they cut that out too.too much stress created at corporate level for employees they weren't willing to compensate.
Pros
pto accrual
Cons
corporate micro managing
Good working enviroment
Account Executive/Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GAAugust 6, 2018
Agpro gave you the flexibility to learn John Deere products and services. I would have liked to stay but no advancement opportunity within this company,
Brutal hours and stiff internal competition for sales people
sales (Former Employee) –  floridaJuly 26, 2018
I found that approximately 50% of what I was told during the interview process was 'off' or not entirely accurate from reality. Ask about the benefits and time off package up front during your interview and ask to see them in writing- don't base your decision off what you are being told during the interview. After you see them, do the math!

The hours are insane. 10 hours each Mon-Fri plus throw in another 8 every other Saturday for sales people (108 hours MINIMUM every two weeks). On my second day I got a text message from the boss at 9 PM to come in early 30 minutes the next day! Keep in mind, this is essentially a commission based pay structure, so no real reward for that one. You straight up muscle your way through other salespeople to vulture someone walking the lot so you have a chance to sell them a piece of equipment. Or, you can cold call places if the lot is slow.

Here's the deal- if you don't know a bunch of people (like your entire town / city) that want to buy farm equipment and lawn mowers then this is a tough job. The hours are brutal, the commission is so-so as long as you don't get charge backs, the internal competition is stiff, and the Branch Manager only cares about their market share. My experience was 'sink or swim' with essentially no training. I was handed a phone and a laptop and basically told "Go get em' tiger!". I sank like a rock.

Look closely at the reviews of this company. All or most of the positive ones are based out of the corporate office... almost like a coordinated effort. Unless you are working for the corporate
  more... office, you really need to read the location based reviews of this company.  less
Pros
Got to wear blue jeans to work.
Cons
Everything else
Horrible Company
Employee (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 16, 2018
This is the worst company I have ever worked for. They lie often including with your pay. They still don't know how to effectively hire management. They keep hiring people with no experience to be in charge and then wonder why things don't go right. Over 90% of their experienced employees have left them and they don't really care. All they keep saying is "maybe we can give them a free lunch to raise morale." So instead of fixing the way they operate they just want to give out a free lunch.
Cons
Long hours, Little pay, Horrible management
Productive challenging work place
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  BostonJuly 9, 2018
I have been in this field a long time and I have never seen such rapid growth with a promote from within mentality. Training hours are never questioned and work hours are unlimited in 5e busy season and hours are never cut in the slower seasons. If you are willing go where the opportunities are there are no limits .
Pros
Opportunity and advancement
Enjoy working there and have great co-workers
accounting (Current Employee) –  Boston, GAJuly 3, 2018
It's a growing company and there is opportunity for advancement. A newsletter is sent to each employee showing where they can go to see advancement opportunities. They recognize hard work and pair very fairly. I am busy, but that's the way I prefer to be.
Pros
Good job, good company
Cons
busy, but not overwhelming
Strong and growing company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Thomasville, GAJuly 2, 2018
I enjoy working for Agpro. Yeah it’s long hours at times but selling equipment is not all we do. Servicing customers is what Agpro is here for. From farmers to weekenders. This is a large and growing company with many opportunities for employees to advance. I look forward to many more years here.
Pros
Advancement in the company
Cons
Competitive selling
Fast Pace Company that is growing!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJuly 2, 2018
Ag Pro is a growing company with room to advance if you work hard. It is very exciting to be part of the growth this company has experienced in the last several years. Locations still have that hometown feel and decisions are made quickly at the store level. Ag Pro is the best John Deere dealer to work for!
Great place to work.
Parts (Current Employee) –  Thomasville, GAJuly 2, 2018
We are building something very special in the John Deere dealership community and I encourage anyone that is looking for employment to come be a part of our team.
Working Culture
General Manager (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJuly 2, 2018
Day to day you should expect a fast paced working environment with a company that will supply you with the tools and training you need to make yourself successful. I have watched Ag Pro grow into one of the largest agriculture dealers in the country. I have been very successful in my career with Ag Pro and have worked alongside some of the best employees.
Great place to work!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Dacula, GAJuly 2, 2018
One of the last places left that treat you like family. Competitive salary, helpful staff, great work schedule, never have to work Sundays! I have been looking for a long time for a place like this. I used to hate going into work everyday but not any more. The day always seems to fly by. Also, get to support all the local Farmers, Landscapers, and Residents that own John Deere Equipment. All in all... "Great Place to Work".
Pros
The atmosphire
Productive, Stable, and Reliable
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Boston, GAJuly 2, 2018
I have been pleased since taking this job at Ag-Pro. It challenges me, teaches me new things, and increases my accounting/business knowledge. I was privileged with having an internship with Ag-Pro that later turned into a full-time job. This showed me that the company is willing to take a risk on younger/less experienced individuals, and there is room for growth within the company. The employees around the office are very easy to get along with and they're all willing to help. It's a great team atmosphere around the office. I could definitely see myself here long-term.
Pros
certified chef on staff that cooks lunches daily

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ag-Pro Companies. Our community is ready to answer.