Ag-Pro Companies Employee Reviews

Terrible, just terrible
Technician (Current Employee) –  South CarolinaAugust 12, 2019
Got lied to right out of the gate. Was made promises and none of them were kept. Absolutely terrible management, no one knows what others are doing. This company doesn't care about it's employees unless you are management.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Everything else
Worst place to work
TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Athens, GAAugust 3, 2019
The company wants you to only be for them and nothing else. They don’t care about you or your family. They want you to always be there no matter what holiday it is or what is going on. No room for advancement. The shop manager is awesome though. If the company would listen to him and allow him to do his job the service department would be amazing. Company spends no money on trucks or tools. Good luck working there. The little round fella upstairs thinks he knows it all.
Pros
What pros?
Cons
Just about everything
Great job with good benefits
Parts Sales (Current Employee) –  Dixie, GAJuly 22, 2019
There are a lot of great people here that make the job fun, but you must come prepared for work! Management is consistent and fair. Hard work goes a long way here.
Horrible place i have ever worked at
Service Writer/Advisor (Former Employee) –  Oxford, ALJuly 10, 2019
Horrible place!!! All started when the New idiot service manager was hired in. He had no clue how to do anything becaue I was doing most of it! and he had "little man "syndrome . Compete JERK.these people ,including corporate will screw you over...if you want to work for a company that will stress you out and pay you hardly anything then this is the place for you
Employees Last
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Anywhere, OhioMay 22, 2019
They buy up dealers to create a monopoly in an area, and then stick it to the employees and customers. They price-gouge customers on parts. "Strong on service" is their slogan, however they barely have the employees to keep stores open because decent ones have all left. They value bodies not knowledge, rapport, experience, and integrity. They force overtime hours on staff without adhering to federal wage requirements. You're not a salesman here, you're a processor. Your pay is commission based on margin, but margins are set by management. No desire or ability to support the commercial/large account segment a smart dealership goes after. They don't even have a way for sales staff to determine what their end margin was, you just hope and pray it is what you thought it would be when the check is paid a month and a half after you've sold it. Who does that?! When you resign "they"(not sure who exactly) will decide if they will pay you for commission and/or vacation you had already earned, but not yet been paid for. Middle management is a joke and completely inexperienced. You will receive no training, no tuition assistance, poor health insurance, will be moved to new locations and/or new positions at their will, and are not allowed to take vacations in the spring/summer/fall. Run fast, the customer base already is.
Cons
No lunch, no work/life balance, terrible service, micro-managing
Great place to work!
HR Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lancaster, OHApril 22, 2019
Enjoyed coming to work everyday. Great pay, Great benefits, Caring management. Fun environment with excellent Co-Workers! Can have long hours during busy season.
Wonderful growth and ability to grow.
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Metro AtlantaJanuary 30, 2019
I read with interest the former employees with negative remarks and wonder how many want to work and how many just want a job. I have found that those wanting a career have unlimited opportunity to prove themselves and grow with the company. I started five years ago and have seen Ag-Pro grow almost five fold. Sure there are growing pains but that is much better than wondering if the company you work for will be sold or close in the next six months. I have always worked in sales and want a commission based income. This way I am not limited by anyone but myself. With the 401K they offer I hope I can keep working for years to come.
Pros
Growing company, lots of opportunity if willing to move.
Cons
Very little management turnover. Less room for local growth.
Sales (Former Employee) –  Castroville, TXJanuary 18, 2019
If you enjoy working weekends and long hours, Ag Pro is for you! Staff is friendly however there is a lot of favoritism. Opportunity for advancement is slim.
Over all good work place, real good people to work with.
Truck Driver Class A (Former Employee) –  Floresville, TXJanuary 10, 2019
Ag-Pro is a good company to work for, good people and a good environment. I have worked here for a year now and I like it, I’m just looking for better pay.
Pros
7:30-5:30 Monday through Friday.
Cons
Hard to get what you ask for in order to stay safe and be productive.
Freedom to succeed
Location Manager (Current Employee) –  Madison GAJanuary 7, 2019
If you work hard and are smart you can go far with this company. If you are slack they will give you more then enough rope to hang yourself.

If you are willing to relocate you can easily climb the ladder.
Pros
Not micromanaged.
Cons
Limited constructive job performance reviews.
Poor company and management
Diesel Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Taft, TXJanuary 7, 2019
Management is terrible and they don’t care about their employees at all. Low pay. No training or schools or career development. The shop is in terrible condition and they do nothing to improve it. Went through 3 service managers in the short time I worked there.
Pros
Hour lunch
Terrible place for women
Service Writer (Former Employee) –  Alice, TXJanuary 5, 2019
No job advancement for women. You can do the job well and go above and beyond your duties and still not advance. Management does not manage. Complaints go unanswered. Swept under the rug. A previous review was suppressed as I was still employed and it was put to me in a threatening way to remove it. As I no longner work here, new review. New management bad mouths anyone that leaves. As if leaving on your own choice was him letting you go.
Pros
Freedom. Too much unsupervision.
Cons
Ignorance. Management.
Productive and fun working place that provides a meal plan
Accounting Staff (Former Employee) –  Boston, GAOctober 31, 2018
a typical day at work consists of data entry, contacting vendors, and stores.
The people are what makes the work place so much more enjoyable I highly recommend the company.
Relaxed work enviroment with diverse clientel.
Employee (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GA 30253October 5, 2018
Interesting place to work. Laid back yet professional work environment. Senior staff is knowledgeable and helpful. Job offers plenty of opportunities to learn new things.
Pros
good work enviroment
Cons
pay
Awesome place to work you make your own paycheck
Equipment Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  McDonough, GAOctober 5, 2018
This job is fun ,face paced ,and at times can be difficult , that's why I love it ..Between the constant learning of products and customer interactions it makes the day fly bye. The leadership at my location to me is spot on ,not over bearing and micro managing but there to support you and help you grow. I recommend the sales position in the McDonough location to anyone who is looking to grow there earning potential .I have been here almost a year and have sold 1.5 million dollars in equipment and plan to double that next year. Great place ,great management,, great pay,,
Pros
great money, faced paced, great bennefits
Inexperienced management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  GeorgiaAugust 25, 2018
This company hires mostly young inexperienced sales people and managers and throws them out there with zero training. It operates on the sink or swim mentality. Turnover is huge. Most of the long term employees are gone. All the company cares about is cash flow. Doesn’t seem like upper management cares about customers or employees. It also Seems like upper management causes a lot of stress to store/department managers thus causing a snowball effect of everyone being stressed.
corporate creates unnecessary stress
Service Manager over the small machine dept (Former Employee) –  Oxford, ALAugust 16, 2018
store level management was fine. corporate was poor. lost sight of customers all about money. promised advancement opportunities and nothing developed. never got a pay raise or review. only good compensation was overtime but then they cut that out too.too much stress created at corporate level for employees they weren't willing to compensate.
Pros
pto accrual
Cons
corporate micro managing
Good working enviroment
Account Executive/Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GAAugust 6, 2018
Agpro gave you the flexibility to learn John Deere products and services. I would have liked to stay but no advancement opportunity within this company,
Brutal hours and stiff internal competition for sales people
sales (Former Employee) –  floridaJuly 26, 2018
I found that approximately 50% of what I was told during the interview process was 'off' or not entirely accurate from reality. Ask about the benefits and time off package up front during your interview and ask to see them in writing- don't base your decision off what you are being told during the interview. After you see them, do the math!

The hours are insane. 10 hours each Mon-Fri plus throw in another 8 every other Saturday for sales people (108 hours MINIMUM every two weeks). On my second day I got a text message from the boss at 9 PM to come in early 30 minutes the next day! Keep in mind, this is essentially a commission based pay structure, so no real reward for that one. You straight up muscle your way through other salespeople to vulture someone walking the lot so you have a chance to sell them a piece of equipment. Or, you can cold call places if the lot is slow.

Here's the deal- if you don't know a bunch of people (like your entire town / city) that want to buy farm equipment and lawn mowers then this is a tough job. The hours are brutal, the commission is so-so as long as you don't get charge backs, the internal competition is stiff, and the Branch Manager only cares about their market share. My experience was 'sink or swim' with essentially no training. I was handed a phone and a laptop and basically told "Go get em' tiger!". I sank like a rock.

Look closely at the reviews of this company. All or most of the positive ones are based out of the corporate office... almost like a coordinated effort. Unless you are working for the corporate
  more... office, you really need to read the location based reviews of this company.  less
Pros
Got to wear blue jeans to work.
Cons
Everything else
Horrible Company
Employee (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 16, 2018
This is the worst company I have ever worked for. They lie often including with your pay. They still don't know how to effectively hire management. They keep hiring people with no experience to be in charge and then wonder why things don't go right. Over 90% of their experienced employees have left them and they don't really care. All they keep saying is "maybe we can give them a free lunch to raise morale." So instead of fixing the way they operate they just want to give out a free lunch.
Cons
Long hours, Little pay, Horrible management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ag-Pro Companies. Our community is ready to answer.