Ag-Pro Companies Employee Reviews

corporate creates unnecessary stress
Service Manager over the small machine dept (Former Employee) –  Oxford, ALAugust 16, 2018
store level management was fine. corporate was poor. lost sight of customers all about money. promised advancement opportunities and nothing developed. never got a pay raise or review. only good compensation was overtime but then they cut that out too.too much stress created at corporate level for employees they weren't willing to compensate.
Pros
pto accrual
Cons
corporate micro managing
Good working enviroment
Account Executive/Outside Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GAAugust 6, 2018
Agpro gave you the flexibility to learn John Deere products and services. I would have liked to stay but no advancement opportunity within this company,
Brutal hours and stiff internal competition for sales people
sales (Former Employee) –  floridaJuly 26, 2018
I found that approximately 50% of what I was told during the interview process was 'off' or not entirely accurate from reality. Ask about the benefits and time off package up front during your interview and ask to see them in writing- don't base your decision off what you are being told during the interview. After you see them, do the math!

The hours are insane. 10 hours each Mon-Fri plus throw in another 8 every other Saturday for sales people (108 hours MINIMUM every two weeks). On my second day I got a text message from the boss at 9 PM to come in early 30 minutes the next day! Keep in mind, this is essentially a commission based pay structure, so no real reward for that one. You straight up muscle your way through other salespeople to vulture someone walking the lot so you have a chance to sell them a piece of equipment. Or, you can cold call places if the lot is slow.

Here's the deal- if you don't know a bunch of people (like your entire town / city) that want to buy farm equipment and lawn mowers then this is a tough job. The hours are brutal, the commission is so-so as long as you don't get charge backs, the internal competition is stiff, and the Branch Manager only cares about their market share. My experience was 'sink or swim' with essentially no training. I was handed a phone and a laptop and basically told "Go get em' tiger!". I sank like a rock.

Look closely at the reviews of this company. All or most of the positive ones are based out of the corporate office... almost like a coordinated effort. Unless you are working for the corporate
  more... office, you really need to read the location based reviews of this company.  less
Pros
Got to wear blue jeans to work.
Cons
Everything else
Horrible Company
Employee (Former Employee) –  TexasJuly 16, 2018
This is the worst company I have ever worked for. They lie often including with your pay. They still don't know how to effectively hire management. They keep hiring people with no experience to be in charge and then wonder why things don't go right. Over 90% of their experienced employees have left them and they don't really care. All they keep saying is "maybe we can give them a free lunch to raise morale." So instead of fixing the way they operate they just want to give out a free lunch.
Cons
Long hours, Little pay, Horrible management
Productive challenging work place
Service Manager (Current Employee) –  BostonJuly 9, 2018
I have been in this field a long time and I have never seen such rapid growth with a promote from within mentality. Training hours are never questioned and work hours are unlimited in 5e busy season and hours are never cut in the slower seasons. If you are willing go where the opportunities are there are no limits .
Pros
Opportunity and advancement
Enjoy working there and have great co-workers
accounting (Current Employee) –  Boston, GAJuly 3, 2018
It's a growing company and there is opportunity for advancement. A newsletter is sent to each employee showing where they can go to see advancement opportunities. They recognize hard work and pair very fairly. I am busy, but that's the way I prefer to be.
Pros
Good job, good company
Cons
busy, but not overwhelming
Strong and growing company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Thomasville, GAJuly 2, 2018
I enjoy working for Agpro. Yeah it’s long hours at times but selling equipment is not all we do. Servicing customers is what Agpro is here for. From farmers to weekenders. This is a large and growing company with many opportunities for employees to advance. I look forward to many more years here.
Pros
Advancement in the company
Cons
Competitive selling
Fast Pace Company that is growing!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJuly 2, 2018
Ag Pro is a growing company with room to advance if you work hard. It is very exciting to be part of the growth this company has experienced in the last several years. Locations still have that hometown feel and decisions are made quickly at the store level. Ag Pro is the best John Deere dealer to work for!
Great place to work.
Parts (Current Employee) –  Thomasville, GAJuly 2, 2018
We are building something very special in the John Deere dealership community and I encourage anyone that is looking for employment to come be a part of our team.
Working Culture
General Manager (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaJuly 2, 2018
Day to day you should expect a fast paced working environment with a company that will supply you with the tools and training you need to make yourself successful. I have watched Ag Pro grow into one of the largest agriculture dealers in the country. I have been very successful in my career with Ag Pro and have worked alongside some of the best employees.
Great place to work!
Manager (Current Employee) –  Dacula, GAJuly 2, 2018
One of the last places left that treat you like family. Competitive salary, helpful staff, great work schedule, never have to work Sundays! I have been looking for a long time for a place like this. I used to hate going into work everyday but not any more. The day always seems to fly by. Also, get to support all the local Farmers, Landscapers, and Residents that own John Deere Equipment. All in all... "Great Place to Work".
Pros
The atmosphire
Productive, Stable, and Reliable
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Boston, GAJuly 2, 2018
I have been pleased since taking this job at Ag-Pro. It challenges me, teaches me new things, and increases my accounting/business knowledge. I was privileged with having an internship with Ag-Pro that later turned into a full-time job. This showed me that the company is willing to take a risk on younger/less experienced individuals, and there is room for growth within the company. The employees around the office are very easy to get along with and they're all willing to help. It's a great team atmosphere around the office. I could definitely see myself here long-term.
Pros
certified chef on staff that cooks lunches daily
Great people, interesting work
Manager/Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Corporate OfficeJuly 2, 2018
I work with a good bunch of people and feel like I truly have a work family. It's a growing company so there is always something to work on, but it's all interesting and I enjoy my job. I've learned new skills, had help when I needed it and have never been bored. I am told I'm doing a good job and given great feedback. I've grown in the company and know that there are opportunities to continue to grow even more.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
Really busy some days
Casual Environment
Accountant (Current Employee) –  Boston, GAJuly 2, 2018
Laid back environment with minimal stress as long as you stay on top of your work. Team members are willing to help each other out. Management likes to involve younger staff members on decisions & processes to learn new ways to improve.
Pros
Relaxed environment, not chanied to a desk all day
Cons
Heavy work load
Great Place To Work
General Manager (Current Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJuly 2, 2018
I have been employed at Ag Pro for a number of years. I have always enjoyed the environment. I would recommend Ag Pro to anyone interested in the equipment or agricultural industries.
Pros
Great People
Great place to work!
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  GAJuly 2, 2018
Ag-Pro is a growing company that has been great to work for. They pay competitive and pay for production. Several of my coworkers received a promotion in the last couple years. My manager pushes me to produce but is fair with me.
Management was awful
Ag technician (Former Employee) –  Centre, ALJune 30, 2018
I worked there for over a year and never got a raise even though I was promised one more than once. I did everything that was asked of me and more and management never showed appreciation. When I was hired as a small engine mechanic, the store manager was well aware that I had no schooling, only experience under my belt and hired me anyways stating that it didn’t matter because they would teach me everything I needed to know. Then I started working and was only there for 2 months when they decided to move me to diesel mechanic. Even though they were well aware, I told management that I had absolutely no experience at all with Diesel engines, they decided to move me anyways and once again said that they would teach me all I needed to know. Then throughout the rest of the time I worked there, I was harassed, talked down on, yelled at, and rushed almost every day for not knowing how to fix things right away. I was the only technician there that didn’t go to college for some type of mechanics and Ag Pro knew that when I was hired. Still, I got in trouble a lot for not being as quick and as good as the guys that had college experience and have worked there for over 5 years. Months later I was fired for poor job quality. My overall experience with Ag Pro was absolutely unfair and cruel and I wouldn’t recommend this job to a single person.
Pros
Bank hours from 7 to 4, Weekends off, first shift.
Cons
Horrible management, unfair pay, no room for advancement.
Feels like a start-up company.
NA (Former Employee) –  FLJune 9, 2018
For the amount of money on the lot, it works like a Ferrari dealership, but pays like a common garage. Management is uncoordinated. Higher management seems unqualified and typical of what you would see in the movies (Out of touch). Being taken off and thrown around on different projects which causes alot of frustration (Daily).
Pros
PTO time. (when allowed). Employee discounts. 1 hour lunch. (If someone can cover for you)
Cons
Not enough competent help, No down time, High stress, Little pay, Sunday's off only, Lots of room for improvement
Worst place i have ever worked fir
Technician (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 26, 2018
Was expected to complete repairs with very minimal tools and shop equipment. No running water, little power, no air compressor no specialty tools. Was the only technician for close to a year. Was expected to run field service calls without a service truck.
AgPro -
Government & Commercial Account Manager (Current Employee) –  Newnan, GAMarch 1, 2018
I enjoy working with this team. Hardest thing about the job is learning the job, on your own. On boarding needs to be reviewed so that good talent doesn't leave.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ag-Pro Companies. Our community is ready to answer.

Ag-Pro Companies Reviews by Location