Agave

Working at Agave: 9 Reviews

United States9 reviews

Great food! Great service and staff! Great ambiance! Fun place to eat!

Opening daily at 5:00, wait staff are required to arrive one hour early and given designated cleaning duties and section preparation before opening. Both management and staff are fun and easy to get along with. This is a great place to work if you are pursuing a career in the restaurant industry.

Pros

Amazing food, great hours

Cons

Financially inconsistent, working nights and weekends.

Good job.

This was a good job. The only problem I had there was my boss was not very nice to any of his employees. He treated everyone very unfairly. I liked this job because I had to work under pressure and the customers were very nice.

Agave insights

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
  • Supportive environment
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Trust in colleagues

The most embarassing place to work

Everything is overpriced. Unrealistic expectations put on emplyees by owners who dont know what theyre talking about and every employee can only just roll their eyes every time they mention an idea. You'll have to do a lot for less than you'd get at Chili's. And be prepared to do nothing but bring free salsa to tables who sit there and drink water for an hour. And have to make guacamole for 1 table while you have 4 others waiting for you

Pros

Most managers drink on the job and you'll get a sip or two

Cons

Owners

Very unorganized and poor managment

The management was poor. Often was waiting around for a manager. I learned how to serve but it was hard to get help from anyone when I was confused. I recommend knowing Spanish. Hardest part was trying to understand co workers and it was hard to catch on to the way things were ran because it was constantly changing and co workers and management wasn't very helpful. most enjoyable part of the job was making fast cash.

Pros

lots of hours

Cons

unorganized, poor managent, unprofessional, not very welcoming.

Ambiente proactivo con capacidad de crecimiento

Excelente Atención y oportunidades para surgir. Se lava mucho platos pero nunca demasiado. Es fácil de adaptarse los compañeros son muy atentos

Pros

Seguro

Cons

Pocas horas de trabajo

awesome job

I loved working here the people I had the pleasure of working with where always so help ful and willing to teach you the ropes. There was also never a dull moment especially when working with the kids outside of the facility.

Fun is the correct word

When first starting this job I knew I was in for a ride. With open eyes and ears I watched and learned from the head chef and every move,toss, and dash of spice. I will always love cooking and being in the kitchen thanks to this opportunity. The head chefs love for cooking inspired me to be creative and find my niche in this restaurant. If the chance ever does arise, I would suggest everyone to work in a kitchen at least once in their life. You will find your appreciation of the food, spices,and the Chef's themselves as they pour their heart and soul into what they do.

Fun place to work

Working at Agave is fun and enjoyable but it is not the best job if you are trying to make a living. The management is always willing to work with you if you need time off and the co-workers are fun to work with. The hardest part of the job is working long hours and not getting off till about 1 or 2 in the morning.

Fun place to work nice environment!

Bartender, great co workers, long hours, fun environment, part time work, easy quick money

Pros

Awesome food and customers

Cons

Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Agave?

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Agave. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits