AGC Automotive Americas Employee Reviews

Poor management
Former member (Former Employee) –  Bellefontaine, OHAugust 4, 2018
Good old boy club and if your not in the click you don't get anywhere.
For the most part all jobs are easy its very hot in the summer. If you keep your head down and don't ruffle any of the good old boy feathers you would be fine working here.
Pros
Vacations, Free meal at Thanksgiving and Christmas
Cons
High cost healt care, Poor management
Used to be a an enjoyable place to work
Maintenance Specialist (Former Employee) –  Bellefontaine, OHJuly 25, 2018
Typical day at work was putting out fires for everyone.
Gained a lot of knowledge through previous employees that moved on because of management.
Completing projects in a timely manner was tough because of the high volume of requests versus manpower available.
Pros
Maintenance group was tight nit .
Cons
Atmosphere is stressful
WAS a great place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Hebron, KYJuly 16, 2018
Key word, WAS. It all changed when they relocated to Michigan as a means to enhance the company culture and be better connected with their customer base. All they managed to do is alienate the plants and 90% of the office staff that did not relocate.
Had a nice time there I just have a little girl and a son on the way and needed to make more money
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYJuly 11, 2018
I liked working where did my job well and got along with my coworkers just needed to make more money I’m a hard worker I’ll willing to work lots of over time
Great people awsome atmostpher.
Containment\Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Bellefontaine, OHJune 19, 2018
I was a temp for 4.5 years did all I could to be full time and fir some reason never worked out. Would most consider full time in the future if offered.
Pros
Free employee lunches, pizza and cook outs.
Cons
Supervisors seemed to have a friend basis.
great job
Inspection Technician (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYJune 4, 2018
never a dull moment. i learned how to look for defects in car winsheilds.Management was always friendly. no drama great place to work.Hardest part was being told i was terminated after my dads wreck. best thing was the experiance
The morale is little low, the slow production and lack of business is scary.
Associate, Team (Current Employee) –  Bellefontaine, OHMay 20, 2018
I come in, check my furnace equipment, discuss any issues or problems with the previous shift operator, start my Quality and Furnaces checks and documentation. I then put Safety clothing on take hot glass off my furnace to measure for correctness. I then adjust the furnace and or report if needed. I have learned to adjust the furnace for some issues, and have worked in several departments as a Team leader and Staff so I have a variety of experiences. I don't see anybody in management except my Team leader unless needed. Not a bad place to work in the winter. There is a lot furnaces and a lack of Air conditioning. The manufacture of glass has cut and burn hazards.
Pros
People for the most part are good
Cons
Heat, lack of benefits we are paying $100 a week for insurance
Production
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Alabaster, ALMay 9, 2018
I wasn’t there long to find out my job was temporary cause i was working threw a temp agency but the time i was there i was a good job relaxed payed good
Enjoyable place to work
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Bellefontaine, OHMarch 19, 2018
Fast paced work, an detailed, i enjoyed working there an felt like very team oreinted , i assebled in end cap doing the rear windows for new Toyota tacoma
Productive,great benefits, overtime available...
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Alabaster, ALMarch 7, 2018
I've worked with this company 4 years.overall I've enjoyed working there.i would definitely recommend this company to other people,its great pay Nd easy to catch on to the different types of jobs available , excellent benefits as well.
Great place to work with lots of breaks
Print Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYFebruary 20, 2018
I liked this job a lot. Honestly I wish I could have stayed here. I loved working nights but when I went to days the shift change was vet hard on me and I ended up being fired for being late after wiring there 5 years.
I would recomend this job to anyone willing to learn.
Associate (Current Employee) –  Bellefontaine, OHJanuary 23, 2018
Well this is an interesting job. You have a large amount of small things to remember, but it's very easy to catch on.I would just say to pay attention during train so you can get what's going on, so you won't miss anything.
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
Too long of breaks, should have more with less time
These people haters
Team Captain (Former Employee) –  Alabaster, ALJanuary 11, 2018
AGC make you work 14 hours when you hired for 8. If you say no they fire you for nothing. People there one day then gone the next. If you one min late you get a point. No matter the reason unless you in tight with boss.
agc automotive
wearhouse associate (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYJanuary 9, 2018
working at agc I worked two different shifts almost the same time trying to increase my chances on hire being a forklift op. typical day was long hours and very hot moving tempered raw hot glass on forklift to loading bays. or inspection booths for impurities or imperfections in all automotive glass/windshields learning numerous different production lines and there processes increasing my general knowledge on machinery and it's workings.
Pros
was the chance to be hired and the physcial work was not to hard
Cons
the heat and the effect it had on the people
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Alabaster, ALJanuary 4, 2018
This is a great place to work everything is wonderful about this job management is great the overall work environment is great the coworkers are great you will love this job
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYDecember 10, 2017
This was a very great place to work. Before I got pregnant, and before I was breast feeding this was a great job! Although, This job isn't for single induviduals. You get very tired from working long hours.
Pros
Mulitiple 30 min breaks
Cons
12 hour shifts.
Set work shifts
Associate (Former Employee) –  Bellefontaine, OHOctober 24, 2017
Not extremely hard labor, very hot in non controlled environments. Two breaks per shift, with large cafeteria and vending machines, hot bar. Able to participate in committees to trouble shoot and improve jobs.
Pros
Paid holidays, insurance
Cons
Very hot and loud in certain areas
Hot, loud,
Glass Reinspector (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYSeptember 12, 2017
they are more worried about numbers then they are their people. they would make workers for to work 50+ hours a week even when they didn't have a day off in over 2 weeks. they treat their employees like unfairly
Good benefits, negativity brings it down
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Bellefontaine, OHSeptember 11, 2017
Agc is not an entirely bad place to work, they have fantastic insurance and offer 401k, they also have discounts on certain things for working there, however the culture and management is the worst u have her experienced it is a very negative and stressful place to work
Great company to be a part of
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Elizabethtown, KYSeptember 5, 2017
Great people to work with. Lots of resources to get the job done and did I mention great co-workers. They do everything they can to make improvements to the process of making safety glass.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AGC Automotive Americas. Our community is ready to answer.