AGCO Corporation Employee Reviews

Changing
Director (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 10, 2018
Leadership changing - will be changing again in 2 years or less, due to CEO leaving - does not have a long term focus, as senior leadership will not be there long term
Decent place to work with great local personnel
Sr. Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Hesston, KSOctober 1, 2018
One of the best opportunities of working at AGCO is the ability to have an meaningful impact on the products they produce. A new product engineer has the ability to design hundreds of components/assemblies.
Design teams are generally small and individuals have larger responsibilities.
Due to the significant individual responsibility and work load, there is a great opportunity to learn various engineering disciplines and gain experience.
AGCO does not provide many opportunities for specialized training.
AGCO does some promoting from within, but not as much as they should.
Local management generally does a great job of leading and supporting their teams.
Upper management struggles to communicate direction and make decisions.
Pros
Local personnel are great to work with
Cons
Upper management gives poor direction and struggles to make decisions
Typical Corporation
Field Parts Manager (Current Employee) –  Batavia, ILSeptember 25, 2018
The benefits are wonderful. Management needs a little work, but overall its a good company to work for. I believe the company can help internal people training and more opportunity to succeed.
Work Experience Depends on Your Manage
Senior Buyer-Global (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GASeptember 20, 2018
Ok place to work. The culture varies by who your particular manager is. Purchasing is a little unstable but that is due to the the management in place.
Depends on the department
Logistics Planner (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GASeptember 17, 2018
Being compensated well and treated fairly always depends on who the manager is at this company. Logistics is not recommended. There are other departments with a good outlook, like inside sales. I could not with a good conscience recommend anyone work in Logistics.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Manager, no advancement in Logistics, long hours, weekends
Excellent place to work.
Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Assumption, ILSeptember 15, 2018
AGCO is an great place to work. Compensation is great along with the benefits. The 401K savings plan is based on your annual base pay rate. Therefore any over time is not included.

The only flaw is during slow times there are lay-offs and short work weeks. If not for this aspect, there is not a better manufacturing environment to work.
Pros
Pay, benefits, work environment.
Cons
Lay-offs
productive, fast paced environment, accuracy , execute
Mechanical Assembler (Former Employee) –  La Porte, TXSeptember 12, 2018
inspect first , using hand tools and power tools to build a tractor out frame, install battery, steering wheel, fenders, tighten with screws and bolts include in the tracor. fasten tractor to station 2 to install grill, 3 point links, subframe and tires, transfer to station 3 to install loaders, hydraulic hoses and tighten valves. finalized and check all bolts and components. certified licensed operating forklift to pick up loads or pallets to their designated areas or racks.
Great experience
Global Supplier Quality Intern (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GASeptember 10, 2018
Excellent self-motivating environment helped me to learn new things every day.
Be it my manager or colleagues, people are kind and are more willing to help and have supported towards my learning curve.
On overall being an Intern, a perfect ambience and great culture one could get to develop multi-dimensional skills.
Pros
Positive environment, Flexibility, Great Culture
Run away and don't look back
Global Commodity Manager (Current Employee) –  Duluth, GASeptember 5, 2018
Way behind where the company needs to be against competition and technology; operating systems, purchasing processes, and procedures. Leadership creates an unnecessary chaotic environment, expect unrealistic deadlines and tasks to be met without failure. Lack of data to collect facts in order to be able to make fact based decisions, despite accomplishing the impossible, when ready to execute you are reminded you have no authority, every decision gets questioned and micro managed, then changed in scope so managers can take credit for the ideas, everyone is in it for themselves and no recognition even for difficult accomplishments that benefits the organization. Managers will not lead, show the path to success, nor help professional development, no new learning opportunities nor advancement opportunities unless you are a friend or in the club. The culture in the purchasing department is toxic, morale is low to the point where people are leaving as soon as they complete their 2 year relocation contract, very high turnover. Individuals are not respected for their expertise and are discouraged to share ideas and keep their opinions to themselves, everyone follows the "Don't upset the status quo", it is not broke, let's not upset our comfort level for any improvement mentality, impossible to challenge the stakeholders for breakthrough ideas that will generate value to the organization. Managers approach the employees with a "The beating continues until moral increases" mind set and will micro manage. I do not recommend working for AGCO's purchasing department and don't approve of  more... the current leadership style, which is more like military and not synergistic/team work.  less
Pros
Talented and nice people to interact, fair compensation + ok benefit, nice corporate building
Cons
Toxic culture, disrespectful managers and cut throat culture, long hours of work with no rewards, very high deductible on medical insurance
Exciting internship with lots of learning opportunities!
Global Human Resources Intern (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAAugust 23, 2018
Pro:
- Global context and entrepreneurial spirit
- International, diverse team and great colleagues
- High flexibility and heartfelt support

- There are no cons I could think of!
Productive for the most part.
Technical Metrics Analyst (Current Employee) –  Hesston, KSAugust 20, 2018
Depending on the projects I'm involved in my day can vary. A typical day usually involves a few meetings with hours in between to get work completed. Some tasks require out of the box thinking to figure out how best to complete reports or presentations. I enjoy the reporting aspects of my position and the testing of new systems. The least enjoyable aspect is working with internal Field Reps as they are not always quick to respond. The office environment is generally calm and quiet. Although working in a cubicle while on meeting calls can be difficult when conversations are being carried on right next to you.
Poor Management within Supply Chain
Strategic Commodity Manager (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAAugust 16, 2018
I experienced it first-hand, but I was told many times during my tenure at AGCO that the Supply Chain Team usually goes through a complete and voluntary turn-over every 24 months. This is sad that a company of this size doesn't realize the issue (management) and make changes.
Material Handler/Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MNAugust 13, 2018
Some days it was a fun work environment otherdays it was stressful you know the job because they train you competitive pay and your able to transfer positions throughout plant
Great experience
Intern (Former Employee) –  Duluth, GAAugust 13, 2018
AGCO did a great job helping us connect with company executives, learn professional skills, and learn about the company. I always felt that the work I did was helpful and impactful and often had work that made me pick up or grow skills. Everyone was very helpful and welcoming. It was nice to have a lot of different things to be working on, and I likes that I was kept busy, but not to the extent of stressfully busy.
Pros
flexible schedule, growth opportunities
Cons
Sedentary
management
Welder, Welder trainer (Former Employee) –  Hesston, KSAugust 12, 2018
the shift managers did their best to take care of their people but the plant manager not only has no people skills but lacks common sense to speak of when it some to sett achievable goals without slave driving his employees
Pros
good pay and good people
Cons
the office politics
Great place to work as an intern
Design Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Hesston, KSAugust 9, 2018
I have worked at AGCO Corp for two summers now as an intern and have really enjoyed my time. I was supplied with projects that were difficult and challenging, but learned several things from the many projects.
Great Company
Logistics Support Analyst (Former Employee) –  Batavia, ILAugust 7, 2018
Great Company to work for during my short time. They promote from within and provide great training. They have great benefits, especially vision and medical.
job
Mechinest assembler (Former Employee) –  Hesston, KSAugust 6, 2018
I was hard getting on out at agco. you had to know someone, once on job was good. they are not very family oriented like they state they are and moving up in the rank of things is hard again you have to know someone
Pros
breaks
Cons
family oriented
I enjoyed being in Line Design.
Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Hesston, KSAugust 2, 2018
Agco was a good place to work at. I enjoyed my time there. Staff and supervisors were pleasant to work for. I would still be there if my home situation had not changed.
Change-Rich Environment
Manager, Employee Relations (Current Employee) –  Hesston, KSJuly 25, 2018
If you want to be a part of change and improving processes, this is the place for you.
A lot of opportunity and promotes steadily from within.
Opportunity for international travel, continuous improvement and producing equipment with a legacy name behind it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AGCO Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

1.9InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

1.9Career Opportunities

1.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight