Agency for Community Treatment Services, Inc Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
2.7Pay & Benefits
Purpose Driven Organization
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 5, 2018
ACTS is an agency in which many of the clients are court ordered to attend for treatment/counseling. Although the position I held paid well, many of the staff there are underpaid and overworked. Employees choose to work there under those conditions because they make a difference in people lives and have a chance to have a positive impact in redirecting negative behaviors/actions.
Pros
Gratifying
Cons
Low pay
My review
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 23, 2017
My opinion about a typical day at work is doing what you have to do in order to get paid , and staying focused . I learned a lot of english working around people that speak english . In this job nothing was hard to me i got used to my job. The most enjoyable part of the job was when i know i did everything i had to do and get done everything.
textbook example of miss management
BHT (Former Employee) –  Tarpon Springs ResidentialNovember 4, 2016
The worst experience I have had in my 45 years of work. Unbelievable level of miss management. No accountability from managers. Total disregard for welfare of employees.
Pros
The day I left
Cons
Too many to list
Hated every minute of it
Counselor (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMarch 15, 2016
I had a great supervisor until a new one replaced her. The new one always put me down. She took out all her frustration on me. Even my coworkers realized I was her punching bag. I endured her for a year. She played favorites and divided us against each other. I rejoiced when she left every afternoon as I had to work until evening.

My coworkers were excellent. However, if you happen to get a supervisor with an ax to grind, you will be tormented as long as you're there. The whole place was micromanaged by another female manager who was just as bad.

The place is mismanaged. By the time I left, 5 of 6 workers left within a month.
Pros
Loved the population I worked with
Cons
Supervisors, Managers who make your life miserable
Management will put you down
Diversion (Former Employee) –  TampaAugust 19, 2015
poor work environment. Management will look for any opportunity to put staff down and condescend. PTO is only allowed if you find your own replacement. Micromanaging involves a post it note system, and too many post its means being written up or placed on a "performance improvement plan". Not allowed to leave for lunch which is 15 minutes long and non existent if you are busy. Different directives means you can never win. Working hard and going above and beyond means nothing. Keep your mouth closed and your head down. Management keeps bad apples around despite their poor behavior.
Pros
Free training
Cons
bad work environment
Worst Job I Have Ever Had
Diversion Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLOctober 10, 2014
Hillsborough Juvenile Assessment Center supervisors are a joke. No consistency when it comes to policy. Favoritism plays a large part in daily facility activities. Facility has not been fully staffed in over a year. Management is not willing to help staff when they are shorthanded. They would rather pull people from other units in the facility to do 2 or 3 other people's job and then complain that all the work is not getting completed. Unreasonable expectations when most staff is not properly trained. 17 employees have either quit or been terminated due to their "inability to perform job functions" in less than 10 months. HR does nothing to rectify high turnover rate. Paid Time Off is accrued but is essentially held hostage as employees are not permitted to use it until coverage is found by that employee. This means that if nobody wants to cover your shift, your days off will be denied. Staying a few extra minutes to get work completed at the end of your shift is unacceptable as overtime is seldom approved. Management feels that bringing their own children to run around a facility that processes violent felon juveniles is acceptable. Employees are allowed only 15 minutes of paid "break time" per shift which can be interrupted or denied if the facility is busy. Supervisors will tell staff to not leave the facility if they want a lunch break but will leave the facility to go get lunch, run errands, go to class, etc themselves. Time frames for each case are reasonable, but are difficult to to comply with when Supervisors are giving orders for employees to do things that would be  more... normally taken care of if the facility was fully staffed and properly trained. Employees are given write ups for things that they cannot control and things that are not true at all. Supervisors do not value non-supervisor employees. Employees are looked at as expendable peasants and they will treat you like you do not matter because there is always somebody waiting in line for your position.

Overall, ACTS may be a decent company and I can appreciate what the Juvenile Assessment Center is trying to do for delinquent youths in Hillsborough County, but the Program Director, Program Supervisor, and the select Senior Screeners that are in the "inner circle" make it very difficult to thrive at the facility. I thought the job would help be a stepping stone for me but it has been more of a speed bump than anything. The pay is not worth the headache of working here. I would not even recommend applying here to my worst enemy. I wish I could give less than 1 star for management on this review. Management NEEDS to be changed. I hope this review has been helpful and prepares any applicant for the "gauntlet" that is the Juvenile Assessment Center.
Pros
Free training/certification that can be used for other DJJ jobs
Cons
Facility consistently understaffed, no accountability for select staff, favoritism
A definite learning experience
Diversion Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 29, 2014
Horrible "management" team. Promotions based on favoritism and not job performance.
Full of wealth to include, preparation, productivity, and knowledge.
Court Liaison (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJune 3, 2014
I've learned an amazing amount of information regarding co-occurring disorders, marchman act procedures, and dependency court.
Pros
Flexible
Cons
Lacking cost effective health care.