Agero, Inc. Employee Reviews

Terrible and unorganized management and work.
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJuly 12, 2018
Upper management is extremely rude, constantly walks around with scowls on their faces and poor attitudes for absolutely no reason other than to be assertive. All management stays completely away and uninvolved until it's time to tell at everybody for how the whole center is performing (cuz, y'know, when its everybody else it's not you or anything." We were given 3 unorganized days of training before being thrown out on the phones where theres never any management available to help you!! And it takes 90 minutes to call to the assistance line because of how sorely understaffed they are, all the while your stats are being unfairly impacted by this and you have an extremely angry customer on the line who has been waiting in the heat with their children for a tow truck for 3 hours because agero prefers cheap service providers over reliable ones. I quit so I'm not a disgruntled, fired employee or anything. But mean, angry, assertive management will ruin any job, especially one that pays 11 bucks and is as stressful and difficult as it is.
It’s call center work
Roadside Assistance Agent (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJuly 7, 2018
As with any call center position, the metrics are almost impossible to meet and add stress to an already stressful job. You basically have to decide whether you want to please the caller or management. Either way, you’re job is on the chopping block if you get a bad customer survey due to abiding by the metrics, or don’t meet call time limits and other metrics because you were more concerned with helping a stranded motorist.
Pros
Helping people, hearing their relief
Cons
Ridiculous metrics that prove they care more about $$$ than people
Productive Environment
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJuly 3, 2018
I enjoyed the challenges of rescuing customers by making sure they service was done and they are able to drive safe. I really enjoyed working at Agero for the years that I was there.
Definitely a Better Call Center
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Blountville, TNJune 27, 2018
Agero was a Place that I felt did not fit the "Traditional Call Center Mold" that most do. I've worked in that Filed for the Past 12 Years and have worked at 6 Different Centers. Agero definitely stood out among them. It was telling when a Member of Upper Level Management actually spoke to You by Name and Praised Your Work, letting You know They Personally Appreciated All you were doing for the company. My Only Reason for not giving a 5 Star Review is that I was sadly burnt out on Call Center Work and that was my Reason for Leaving.
Pros
Atmosphere, Employee Appreciation
Cons
Gets Monotonous like All Call Centers
Excellent benefits and coworkers, extremely stressful job
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Blountville, TNJune 25, 2018
Best benefits and insurance you can have in a company. Very friendly staff and coworkers. Not a job for someone with any sort of anxiety issues or depression. Pretty good starting pay. A typical day at work is back to back calls unless its a slow day, you'll occasionally get 10 minutes in between a few calls if it's slow. Food trucks come weekly, always some free food or treats at least once a week. Hardest part of the job is being screamed at through the phone, pushy customers who will make you feel worthless. Many people walk off the call floor crying. You HAVE to have strong heart and mind to work this job. Empathy is key to calming down a customer. If you are sensitive or faint hearted, this may not be the job for you. I only left because of what I had to deal with on the phones dispatching roadside assistance with customers and service providers. I felt sad and drained everyday after work and even the nights before work I would feel sick thinking about even going the next day. Two paid 15 minute breaks and one unpaid 30 minute break.
Cons
verbal abuse, very stressful
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sebring, FLJune 23, 2018
Very fast pace enviroment. Friendly atmosfere. Constant changes in programs. Continue training to help with service and opportunities for advancement.
Pros
Excellent benefits
Cons
stressful
N/a
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZJune 19, 2018
This is a repetitive environment as well as very stressful. This is a very mentally exhausting work environment. You have 30 mins of break every day usually two paid 15 minute breaks as well as 30 min unpaid off the clock lunch time, But your restroom time cuts into that break time, So expect to be yelled at if you don't manage that very accordingly. The favoritism with the supervisors is unreal.
Pros
Customer service skills will stay with you.
Cons
Short breaks, Stressful environment, Stressful and useless supervisors. Favoritism. Not smoker friendly.
Love this place
Roadside Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Clarksville, TNJune 8, 2018
Compared to my other career Center job this place is very big on advancement. I was not even 3 weeks out of training and offered a position for a group that only selects the best. And now at 6 months I am moving to a new pilot team. They are always giving incentives to work over time. It is just like any other job either it is a fit for you or it is not
Pros
Incentives and Advancement rates
Cons
none found
constant working hours
Call Center Representative (Former Employee) –  Sebring, FLJune 6, 2018
Get a full 40 hours a week, plus when overtime is available you can get as much as you would like. Sometimes overtime is required but no more than 10 hour mandatory any hours over that is your choice. Job can be a little stressful. but where else can you say you can work as much as you want with full benefits, and get paid well?
Stressful
Specialty Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sebring, FLMay 21, 2018
The hours weren't the greatest and the job itself is stressful. A lot of employees were very unhappy with the job and environment. It's good as a fallback job if you can't find anything better.
Call center job
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Sebring, FLMay 21, 2018
Some days weren’t too busy, but winter season there were so many calls that it became a little bit stressful. Over all was a great place to worked & everone got along.
Pros
Three 15 minute breaks & 30 minute lunch break
Cons
Sometimes stressful
Agero
Customer Service Representative (Call Center) (Former Employee) –  Sebring, FLMay 21, 2018
It is an awesome opportunity to work there but the management portion needs to be cleaned up a bit and they need to get more organized................
Very busy.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMay 17, 2018
Working in Roadside assistant receiving inbound emergency calls as well dispatching the proper calls. in a timely matter. Also enroll customer for roadside membership and renewal The hardest part of this job was very stressful. You had make sure customer was in a safe place where they broke down and made sure that towing company were on there way. Th most enjoyable part of the job is the management would do contest or sometime do luncheon for the employees for helping our customers.
Collaberative
Roadside Assistance Representative (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMay 11, 2018
Great environment to work in. Everyone truly inspires to serve the others not just the patients but the staff with extraordinary service. WE learn everyday.
A job that is not for everyone.
CALL CENTER REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Sebring, FLMay 4, 2018
Working for Agero was a constant mix of positive and negative feelings. Customers can be very negative which effects the agents poorly. The amount of overtime that is available is wonderful, though some agents over work themselves therefore making them perform poorly. I really enjoyed how I was able to move up in this company and get a promotion after working there for 8 months. I do feel some of the management do not care as much about their job and their agents as they should.
customer service
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Sebring, FLMay 2, 2018
This was a great opportunity for me to grow my customer service skills, The benefits are great but i did feel micro-managed. The company and people here are great and have plenty of opportunities for overtime. Just having t deal with angry customers can be stressful they do give two 25 min breaks and a 30 min lunch.
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNMay 1, 2018
I have great co-workers and managers, at Agero and would Recommend it to anyone who likes to work in a call center work place , I truly enjoyed it . They have great benefits and flexible hours for shift trades .
Pros
good bonuses for perfect attendance .
Cons
no family friendly
Agero
Call Center Dispatch Agent (Former Employee) –  Clarksville, TNApril 25, 2018
AGERO is a fantastic company to work for. They offer incentives to employees such as 46- inch TV drawings. They also have excellent healthcare, vision, and dental insurance along with 401K. They offer cash for referrals and if needed the company can loan $500.00 that is to be paid back at $100.00 a month.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Sometimes it's hard to take time off.
Customer Service Roadside Assistance Rep
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sebring, FLApril 24, 2018
A Typical Day at Agero would be receiving inbound calls and outbound calls from stranded customers in need of Roadside assistance. My Job was to quickly gather the customers state of being and making sure first thing is first and the customer is okay. I quickly gathered the customers information , location and quickly dispatch a tow wrecker to Help a customer stranded in need. I was also in a special team for top performers handing accident management claims. My duties was to gather information from several insurance set up a claim and dispatch a service provider within 30-45 minutes before the Police can arrive on scene and tow the vehicles.
Pros
Incentives, Bonuses & Overtime
Cons
Mandatory Overtime at times
Draining
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Sebring, FLApril 20, 2018
Working for agero at first its fun and somewhat challenging but when u are put on a dedicated team after three months of being hand held by coaches and supervisors you are thrown into the unknown with little to no support management is poor and if there is rarely any advancement and everyone s paid differently they may start you off at 11 dollars an hour and then the next week hire someone else to do the same job for 12 dollars an hour there is a lot of favoritism and its a hard place to work they expect our numbers to stay green and u to follow a script to a tee but if u follow there rules you get in trouble for not doing everything u can for a customer but your taking to long if your call is longer than five minutes there are so many rules and procedures and the are constantly changing that i would take three days off and come back everything is different
Pros
you get 50 dollars of roadside coveage for free
Cons
no support and very draining

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Agero, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

3.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight