Aggreko Employee Reviews

Positive and good family friendly experience
Technician (Former Employee) –  Commerce City, COJanuary 11, 2019
Aggreko was a very positive and family friendly environment. I learned a lot while working there about the job and requirements. I gained an invaluable level of experience while employed by this company
Pros
positive family friendly
Leading Specific Rental Company
Service Center Manager (Current Employee) –  Lexington, SC, and Lithonia, GADecember 24, 2018
runs too lean with technicians
no compensation for on call
Remote monitoring system leads industry.
provide temporary power and temperature control equipment for all major events.
Good Duty
Service Center Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXDecember 13, 2018
Need to balance out what operations does and what sales do and pay them for efforts
As of now not really fair to operations
Pay your sales team off profit and not revenue and it would be a better company
Basically the military
Technician (Former Employee) –  LouisianaNovember 16, 2018
Assuming you have no life beyond work its a great place for employment. Middle/upper management does not take experienced technicians advice on improving depot or work life balance. It’s all about $ not about the worker.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
always changes
Power Plant Mechanic & Welder (Current Employee) –  GuamNovember 10, 2018
with the weather that is nice a good day for work, if raining all day not much will be done.
electrical for the generator.
our operation supervisor is okay.
coworkers gets alone.
diagnosing the situation.
when there is team work.
Assembly Line Feeling
Service Administrator (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LAOctober 23, 2018
Very high turn around rate. Its an extensive training course to go thru and you might not even stay long enough for it to pay off. Work independently but always low key being watched. Looked down on being friendly with other people. Hundreds of cubicles. Required you to make overtime of 10+ hours a week. Constant change. I feel like having them on my resume almost hurt my chances anywhere else because they let SO many people come and go that lots of people have them on their resume.
Pros
Great company if you manage to stay
Cons
Work/Life ratio was terrible
No Life
Technician II (Former Employee) –  Pacific, WASeptember 19, 2018
Little to no work/life balance. Work is constant and travel is often. Aggreko is a lifestyle not a career, it takes commitment and is demanding on the body, but it is rewarding.
Face Paced Working Atmosphere
Temporary Employee (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LASeptember 5, 2018
Independent working atmosphere with good managers and good training. They would always update and train on new ways of doing things or how to handle situations. Also had the most up to date systems to operate on.
Please read reviews carefully
Transportation coordinator(temporary position) (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LAAugust 26, 2018
Turn and burn type job high turnover use you up and spit you out will let you go at the drop of the hat. Work life balance is horrible especially if you are on call last minute decision makers that push the blame around when something goes wrong. If you are not in the click or group then you will not last. Management is not to be trusted.
Pros
Lunch break
Cons
Too many to list
#AlwaysOrange Culture Everyday
Central Overhead (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXAugust 2, 2018
Aggreko keeps their employees and customers top of mind - from safety, to open-door policy, recommendations for improvements and more. Their benefits are top notch with other local companies, including ones that are not the norm - like a stock purchase plan that offers minimal risk to buy/sell. Great company, great products, great people!
Pros
benefits, wellness (Vitality), open-door mgmt, transparency of corporate goals and initiatives
Cons
reactive (great for customers) but this may impact life/balance
very fast environment
Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lemont, ILMay 22, 2018
Overall Aggreko is a good place to work. As long as you are willing to do your job safely and within all quality guidelines you will be fine. You work a lot but you learn a lot at the same time. Local management is great and willing to work with you whenever you need it.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Tough on work life balance
family atmosphere.
selectech (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LAMay 22, 2018
great company where everyone acts like family. Sometimes it is slow with nothing to do, sometimes you get a 14 hour shift where you are constantly rushing
Great Place, but be careful
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LAMay 10, 2018
Aggreko is really a great place to work but you have to keep to yourself. It's all in who likes you with management and whether or not you actually fit in. If you don't fit in, they will not keep you! I loved my position but my contract was terminated. I didn't fit the "mold" they wanted. Some of the managers are very cliquish and will weed you out quickly! It's pretty upsetting when someone leaves their job to better themselves and this is what they do to people. The trainers are great and will answer any questions you have and work very well with you. There is a very high turnover. My direct supervisor was absolutely wonderful!
Pros
Great people, overtime
Cons
bad management
Job security and overtime available.
TECHNICIAN II (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 5, 2018
Almost everything I have learned is owed to this company. They provide efficient training and compensation with the expectation that the technicians do their job well. This I approve of very much and I am forever grateful.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Too much overtime occasionally
Fast pace
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 13, 2018
Fast paced. On call rotation. Work while on vacation. Constantly changing responsibilities, territory and customers without input. You can use work truck for personal use.
Pros
you can use work truck for personal use.
Cons
On call all the time.
Poor Management
Professional (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 28, 2018
Poor management, continuously restructuring and there is not an opportunity to determine if previous changes had a positive impact or not (many people have been laid off), company that is project oriented today (lots of external consultants, constant new, internal projects that are supposed to help the company improve, but there is no time to realize the effects before a new project is underway). Prior to 2015 global restructure and the on-going restructure today, it was a great company to work for and there was lots of energy amongst the employees. There was a high entrepreneurial spirit, but that doesn't exist anymore.
Pros
Vitality Program (wellness), Aggreko Perks (discounts)
Cons
Vaction time is non-negotiable when entering as new employee, not enough training, advancement opportunities are rare
Great place to learn
Temperature Technician III (Former Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXFebruary 26, 2018
Great guys, great training, good pay, good benefits- a lot of work. Or sometimes no work at all. It was really feast and famine. On call structure was really bad at the time I was there. I hear it's a lot better now, but I'd still recommend it to anyone looking for a great learning experience and a good paying job where you get to do cool stuff.
Pros
Training, benefits, pay
Cons
Hours, travel, safety
Great Employer
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 11, 2018
For me anyways, this was a great experience which allowed me to train a very competent sales team in the Midwest and NE USA on a new product launch. My reason for leaving had nothing to do with the company. I just wanted some down time to recharge. Given the opportunity, I would go back after my time off. Management and staff were very capable, committed and driven.

The job does consume you but most careers do. The company has a new Director for NA who will drive the Aggreko "ship" to become much more successful (revenue/culture) then it is already.

Operations were very committed to help out the sales team. The Territory Sales Managers and Area Manager were supportive, laser focused and very driven. Being driven myself, this is why I feel I was successful in my role.

Solid Organization
Pros
Driven and committed to being rental specialists where value is #1
Cons
being a huge company, sometime slow to react
Horrible management
Collection Specialist/Account Receivable (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LAFebruary 8, 2018
Management sucks! They have the worst management I've ever experienced! There are clicks and favorites who can do no wrong. They fire you for one mistake and for your orientation!!
Great place poor management
Technician I (Former Employee) –  Pacific, WAJanuary 17, 2018
Great place to work just didn't like the management. You make one mistake and your out the door.

Aggreko is a super good job with great benefits.

Can be high demanding and stressful at times.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Like to fire you

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aggreko. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.4InHerSight Score

3.3Personal Development

3.6Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight