Aggreko

Aggreko Employee Reviews

United States145 reviews
Necessary Experience
Humbled to have been able to experience a company like this with all of the great knowledge and experience I now have for my future career is a big benefit for me to be successful.
Good Company then?
During the time I worked for Aggreko I was well trained, very good chances for promotion within the company.

If you like travelling and seeing the world and working with people from all backgrounds and cultures and being trained at the same time ,then this is the ideal company to work for.
Great place to learn nee skills
I learned many skill to help grow my career. Management was growth driven, and helped each of her team members set and achieve their goals. They cared about the people that they worked with.
Great company
There’s no such thing as a perfect company, but Aggreko is definitely a great one. The benefits and pay is excellent. 401k and 15 day vacation starts day one of employment.
Constant Turnover
There is a training team who's only job is to train new people. There would be 5-10 temps that would start almost every week and by the end of the month only 2 would be left. There were temps that were there for years with no job offer or employee benefits.
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Great Place to work
Great Place to work
Great People

Good Management

Travel is typically required - and this may include some extended International travel

Hardest part of the job tends to be travel
It’s going through changes.
It had high turn over, due to managment and leading from operations.
It was amazing what they could do, but the process of getting it to market was difficult.
Working experience from all nation personell
Working with legends and experts from all over the world is awesome.they nature you to the highest level possible and boost your confidence..from naivasha embakasi to muhoroni
Productive and postive place to work
Great company to work for lots of opportunity if you are open to travel. Plenty of training and variety of equipment to work on. A very different mechanical electrical company from most industries. Aggreko is a different breed.
Poor management, all political, it’s not how well you do your job, it’s who you know that helps you keep your job!!!
I was let go with no reason, Or explanation!!
Amazing
A great place to work great people and great training fun to travel around the states and work with new people lots of good people to work with loved the challenges
Travel a lot
It’s a learning experience at all time
Every day the was something new to learn or some one new to meet u never stay somewhere to long and if u did u where company by a great team to work with
Pros
Yes free lunch
Cons
Lot of work
Good Place and Culture
Great place for young folks that are more mechanically sound and driven. Aggreko has a fantastic learning program for these types of individuals. Good place for experienced sales reps as well!
Not the best place to start a career
Good colleagues, but not leaders. Low level of management. Management does not comply with business ethics. It is normal here when a leader tries to assert himself at the expense of his subordinates. Good salary compared to other international companies. There are benefits. Low level of IT system. I do not advise. I regretted getting a job at this company
Pros
Salary
Cons
Poor management
Culture change
When I first started with the company I really enjoyed the culture and the people. Over the years there were quite a few changes that didn't make sense. There were also staff changes and positions that were not filled that made other staff members work/life balance difficult.
Never felt as if the department was allowed to feel as if they were a "team".
Typical day in Administrative Office was always tense, stressful, very little guidance and help/explanation given in things I would not COMPLETELY understand.

Management during my time if emolyment definitely showed obvious favoritism towards certain department employee's. Was very rude and abrupt as well as spoke to some as myself, as if I was not capable of comprehending, more or less had tendency to make others feel intimidated by her, in my opinion HORRIBLE management trait.
Pros
Cons
Short monitored breaks, Manager prying into "outside" work environment/personal lives of employee's
Stand company
Very busy with long non stop days and lots of weekends. Travel is a must.
They are a minimalist company. They do as much as they can with as few people as possible. The company specialist are spread out all over the country. They have no real training program for the daily computer system they use to manage the company.

Lost of overtime, great for hourly employees. No overtime compensation for the salary management employees. They have an annual bonus, It does not make up for the over time.

They do a lot of natural disaster assistance for a fee. They also provide temporary power and AC for special events like the Olympics, the NFL, PGA and boat shows.
Pros
Garaunteed work.
Cons
Does not pay enough for the amount time they expect from you.
Work place culture
You get treated like family and they will never treat you poorly, they take pride in there equipment and will always give you tips about the equipment to help you work faster
Get the pay you want in the beginning
Aggreko as a whole is an awesome company. You get to work some really cool jobs, meet a lot of people, get experience with a lot of different equipment from generators, AC, air compressors, chillers, cooling towers, dryers, and dehumidifiers. You get a company vehicle, laptop, cellphone, IR Camera, company fuel card, and personal use of company vehicles and fuel card is allowed
False promises
Given the culture of what I was told. This company isnt any different from other companies out there. I wouldn't trust management. The pay sucks and certain managers are what I'd consider liars.
Great Company, Stressful enviroment
Overall, Aggreko was a great company to work for, but the type of business, requires a lot of time sacrifice. The benefits are good and the people you work with makes the environment a lot better.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aggreko. Our community is ready to answer.
Ratings from women
2.9
InHerSight Score
2.7Personal Development
3.1Career Opportunities
3.1Family Support
Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight