Aggreko Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
very fast environment
Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Lemont, ILMay 22, 2018
Overall Aggreko is a good place to work. As long as you are willing to do your job safely and within all quality guidelines you will be fine. You work a lot but you learn a lot at the same time. Local management is great and willing to work with you whenever you need it.
Pros
Lots of overtime
Cons
Tough on work life balance
Great Place, but be careful
Collections Specialist (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LAMay 10, 2018
Aggreko is really a great place to work but you have to keep to yourself. It's all in who likes you with management and whether or not you actually fit in. If you don't fit in, they will not keep you! I loved my position but my contract was terminated. I didn't fit the "mold" they wanted. Some of the managers are very cliquish and will weed you out quickly! It's pretty upsetting when someone leaves their job to better themselves and this is what they do to people. The trainers are great and will answer any questions you have and work very well with you. There is a very high turnover. My direct supervisor was absolutely wonderful!
Pros
Great people, overtime
Cons
bad management
Job security and overtime available.
TECHNICIAN II (Former Employee) –  Corpus Christi, TXMay 5, 2018
Almost everything I have learned is owed to this company. They provide efficient training and compensation with the expectation that the technicians do their job well. This I approve of very much and I am forever grateful.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Too much overtime occasionally
Fast pace
Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Richmond, VAApril 13, 2018
Fast paced. On call rotation. Work while on vacation. Constantly changing responsibilities, territory and customers without input. You can use work truck for personal use.
Pros
you can use work truck for personal use.
Cons
On call all the time.
Poor Management
Professional (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 28, 2018
Poor management, continuously restructuring and there is not an opportunity to determine if previous changes had a positive impact or not (many people have been laid off), company that is project oriented today (lots of external consultants, constant new, internal projects that are supposed to help the company improve, but there is no time to realize the effects before a new project is underway). Prior to 2015 global restructure and the on-going restructure today, it was a great company to work for and there was lots of energy amongst the employees. There was a high entrepreneurial spirit, but that doesn't exist anymore.
Pros
Vitality Program (wellness), Aggreko Perks (discounts)
Cons
Vaction time is non-negotiable when entering as new employee, not enough training, advancement opportunities are rare
Great place to learn
Temperature Technician III (Former Employee) –  Cedar Hill, TXFebruary 26, 2018
Great guys, great training, good pay, good benefits- a lot of work. Or sometimes no work at all. It was really feast and famine. On call structure was really bad at the time I was there. I hear it's a lot better now, but I'd still recommend it to anyone looking for a great learning experience and a good paying job where you get to do cool stuff.
Pros
Training, benefits, pay
Cons
Hours, travel, safety
Great Employer
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 11, 2018
For me anyways, this was a great experience which allowed me to train a very competent sales team in the Midwest and NE USA on a new product launch. My reason for leaving had nothing to do with the company. I just wanted some down time to recharge. Given the opportunity, I would go back after my time off. Management and staff were very capable, committed and driven.

The job does consume you but most careers do. The company has a new Director for NA who will drive the Aggreko "ship" to become much more successful (revenue/culture) then it is already.

Operations were very committed to help out the sales team. The Territory Sales Managers and Area Manager were supportive, laser focused and very driven. Being driven myself, this is why I feel I was successful in my role.

Solid Organization
Pros
Driven and committed to being rental specialists where value is #1
Cons
being a huge company, sometime slow to react
Horrible management
Collection Specialist/Account Receivable (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LAFebruary 8, 2018
Management sucks! They have the worst management I've ever experienced! There are clicks and favorites who can do no wrong. They fire you for one mistake and for your orientation!!
Great place poor management
Technician I (Former Employee) –  Pacific, WAJanuary 17, 2018
Great place to work just didn't like the management. You make one mistake and your out the door.

Aggreko is a super good job with great benefits.

Can be high demanding and stressful at times.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Like to fire you
Awful Management
Logistics Analyst (Former Employee) –  Lemont, ILJanuary 16, 2018
The program we worked in was inefficient and wasted precious time. On phone all day with other operations, logistics coordinators, techs, and salesmen. The salesmen ran the show and were incompetent. Random work/issues from years ago were thrown at me and I was expected to fix them. I enjoyed working with the my operations and logistics co workers.
Pros
Excellent operations and logistics co-workers
Cons
Worked 60+ hour weeks, Manager was clueless.
billing coordinator
BILLING COORDINATOR (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LAJanuary 9, 2018
Good company to work for. Very goal oriented, and focused environment.
Fast paced and and busy. Employees are catty and messy. Too much personal conversation on the floor. Management is very serious and uptight.

I loved the fast pace and steady work flow. I really enjoyed the interaction with outside sales and the customers.
Pros
well paid, good benifits
Cons
office drama, judgmental management
Camel festival event preparation
Field Operations Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Ar RiyāḍJanuary 6, 2018
Riyadh was so far ot used to social life and surprisingly as a phase of transfer of shift in culture we got an order for Camel Festival Event where 15000 camels were to participate in competitions and win huge prizes. Our scope of works include providing power and heating / cooling for the entire facility. We did the entire preparation professionally involving the entire team and completed the set up for usage one day prior to the deadline.It gave us a feeling of contentment and satisfaction and now we are waiting for the event to start. The management was also happy because the job was not just done satisfactorily but the financial targets for first quarter were accomplished in first week fo the new year. I am happy as a leader for myself and my entire team.
Pros
Competitive time frame, opportunity to prove that we can do the best and stand aside, team work proved once again, at the end of the day physical and mental satisfaction
Cons
Extra hour working, extreme weather conditions and security restrictions to get into the site which were unavoidable
Life sucking job
Cooling Tower Technician (Former Employee) –  Chickasha, OKNovember 28, 2017
I guess it’s a good job but it take you hole life up if you have a family get ready not to see them and some of the thing that go on is just some bull
Pros
1 hour lunch
Cons
Very hostile environment with poor management.
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  New Iberia, LANovember 23, 2017
Hostile work environment with lots of micromanaging. No accountability for some and over the top on others. Workload is unevenly distributed among employees.
Na
AREA SALES MANAGER - WEST REGION (Former Employee) –  Santa Fe Springs, CANovember 21, 2017
Good company to work for and currently in a state of change, gearing up for growth. Culture is being redefined, given many changes in leadership over the past 2 years.
communication & leadership at Aggreko is poor, the company has a huge turnover
CREDIT & COLLECTIONS SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LASeptember 27, 2017
communication & leadership at Aggreko is poor, the company has a huge turnover. It is a highly demanding environment, with absolutely zero work/life balance. There was also excessive workman's comp's concerns due to unsafe practices.
Pros
plenty of overtime
Cons
horrible management, huge turnover, very prejudice environment
This was a great place to work
Depot Secretary (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVSeptember 21, 2017
I was the depot secretary and received lots of experience in billing, customer service, providing transportation for deliveries.

At the time, the management was great, and this was a fast-paced, yet relaxed enviromnent.
not happy place
Services (Former Employee) –  txSeptember 18, 2017
poor management and supervision
horrible work/life balance
not family orientated company
they want to you to work until death
non technical support
A great spot for me
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Denver, COSeptember 14, 2017
I really enjoyed my time at Aggreko. The pay was very fair, with salary plus bonuses, My team I worked with and Managers were awesome. Upper leadership are lost
High paced and stressful
Billing Coordinator (Former Employee) –  New Iberia, LASeptember 7, 2017
Your trained to work with 3 different programs that enable you to bill accurately between 3-4 monitors. It's always evolving so there's never any solid set of rules which can be confusing and stressful at times. You MUST be on your toes at all times. Also you are required to work OT at their discretion. And they often tell you how great it is to work for the company, yet you are never hired on. Very discouraging.
Pros
Management works with you if you ask. :)
Cons
They don't hire people. They leave them as temps for months on end

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aggreko. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.5InHerSight Score

2.0Personal Development

2.8Career Opportunities

2.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight