AGI Employee Reviews

Friendly, experienced, and skilled co-workers, but mentally demanding
Computer Programmer (Former Employee) –  Greensburg, PAAugust 24, 2018
This was a typical office job. 9-5, Monday-Friday. I learned a lot about programming enterprise applications. Our team leader was excellent at his job, and was always available for advice. The hardest part of the job was staying focused and mentally ready for the day's challenges. The best part of the job was working with good people, and the satisfaction of completing projects.
Pros
Good environment and people, excellent pay
Cons
Mentally demanding
They make fancy and odd shaped aluminum boxes with lights
Drafter (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 22, 2018
meat grinder. We use Coreldraw for making drawing. Just a few months ago switched to Solidworks. Actually a few favored people got to switch. The 3 day cram course at the beginning of the year was not followed up by anymore training. Coreldraw techniques/mindset has set in with all the nightmares you can imagine. That is not likely to change soon.

They keep getting over-payed contractors in to help us. They get mad at being talked down to, (I've gotten use to it) then soon quit. Management still wonders why even when they are told point blank with direct quotes why. This is very hard to miss and another demoralizing thing.

If management would take the time to set up a structure that helped get work done, any structure would help, people would get projects done in a lot less time. Then some of the pressure cooker atmosphere would relax and people might actually enjoy being there. Right now I just work for a paycheck and want to get some experience on my resume.
Pros
get a paycheck, build resume
Cons
see the comments below starting with "... meat grinder."
Cool
CNC Operator (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAAugust 11, 2018
Ok place to work just do your job and no one bothers u come in on time and u will be ok unless they say they dont have any work for u people are cool also good friends
Very hostile work inviroment poor managment
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Winchester, TNJuly 16, 2018
Poor work environment and manager. Untrained staff.employees didn't know qaulity defects to look for or how to spot one period.I would go so far as to say supervisors were not even sure what parts were bad or good
Pros
Work pace is set by emplyee
Cons
Employees get bored
Nsf
Executive Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Fort Belvoir, VAJune 26, 2018
Great Company to work for. They were very flexible and had great communication. I was very sad My contract had to end. I will still call just to see if there is something I like just in case !!
Bad Management
Fabricator (Former Employee) –  Cartersville, GAMay 25, 2018
This is not a career job. No people of color in the office. They treat workers like slaves. Supervisor stands there and watches you work like your in prison. Too much favoritism and alot of unfairness. Be advised if your going to work here is to let it be a temporary until you find something else.
Pros
Its a job
Cons
Friends only advance.
very busy
Customer Service/Cashier/Stocker/Cook (Former Employee) –  Greenville, MIMay 24, 2018
Hours were difficult, I learned many different duties, to do all of the
duties and service the customers during the early morning rush of a service station.
Good company to work for if you fit the narrative
Lead Developer/Consultant (Current Employee) –  Exton, PAApril 20, 2018
Tech nerd type company. Lots of astro scientists and lots of interesting technologies.

Company stumbles a bit when doing solutions rather than products. Culture is .net for the most part. Java and web is new to them.
Pros
Free food and snack
I would consider this a starter job.
Export agent (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILApril 16, 2018
I'm an export freight agent. I manifest flights, run flights, check dg's, process drivers, clear documents at customs. I love what I do but the company I work for has no intensions on promoting their employees and for this reason I am looking for a new job.
work all hour
ramp service cargo ohare (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 15, 2018
is fun sometimes is stressful but I like it meet new people learn more about the job work as a tim work have a good attitude if you got a problem that to some one don't fallow other people that is not doing good always help it will look good on your review
Pros
Cons
sometime no lunch
Not much to tell
Help Desk/Level I Support (Former Employee) –  West Palm Beach, FLJanuary 17, 2018
Not much to tell. Pretty much a startup company that is stuck in a rut. There is no room for advancement and management/ownership likes sticking it to it's customers. Not to mention they like to force you to do the same. It's just a place to make money while you look for a real company to work at.
Pros
Not a lot of stress
Cons
Not going anywhere anytime fast.
management
Quality control manager (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CADecember 28, 2017
Hardest part of the job entails of the 24 hour on call and being newly married, not enough time for family.
The most enjoyable part of the job is dealing with the clients and the employees i manage.
Pros
family enviroment
Cons
Not a career, management just wings it
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VADecember 1, 2017
Speaking for office only. Work isn’t challenging. Take specs from customer. Talk with vendors. Tons of redundancy and mismanagement. Mgmt will tell you one thing and do another. Start new projects with no idea how to run or manage. Make temps do most of the work.
Pros
Friendly coworkers
Cons
Management, poor communication top down
its a good company to work for they are understanding
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Gadsden, ALOctober 28, 2017
In the summer its hot in there but over all the people are nice to work with. if you looking for a fresh start i assist you to give them a call you will love it
Pros
good peoplew
Cons
hot in the summer.
Fun place to work and learn
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 18, 2017
Has is pros and cons like any other job.Good place for a start out job if you are willing to be patient and want too learn to improve your skills in the warehouse industry and learn new skills and experience and knowledge and meet new people
Pros
Layed back easy going
Cons
Sometimes it can get hitic
It's alright
Ohare ramp agent (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 4, 2017
It's a decent job but the managers really don't care about the workers unless they're there favorites and also they need to get more equipment almost everything there is broken
Pros
Paid lunches
Cons
Broken equipment
Very nice people to work
Family Nurse Practitioner- Clinician (Former Employee) –  Fort Lauderdale, FLSeptember 30, 2017
Contact via emails and calls- very busy but nice staff
Primary care for home bound patients.
The patients and family members are very appreciative for given attention concerning their health care needs.
Pros
work schedule and an MD was always available or returned calls when requested.
Cons
heavy traffic - driving long hour.
What I Learned
Accounting Clerk (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLSeptember 29, 2017
Sales & Purchase orders for multiple vendors for hurricane panels, decorative shutters, tiki torches, mailboxes and retractable screens. Created invoices for sale order and purchase order.
Learned about computer software
Computer Technical Support Operator (Former Employee) –  Hobart, INJune 6, 2017
Computer Technical Support Operator
Customer Service agent providing technical support for computer software and Internet service for second largest cable provider
Really hard work but fun at times
Ramp crew (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMay 30, 2017
It was hard when it came to moving cargo and loading the plane due to weight. But it was a wonderful experience since I haven't been that close to a plane ever in my life and know all the gear.