Agilent Employee Reviews

The best place I have ever worked
Assembly and Test Quality Control Agent (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEOctober 6, 2018
Awesome friendly environment. Fun job with expectations but not crazy high pressure. I wish i still worked there. They let you have freedom to do your job without hovering around, they trusted you and were very nice and fair people to work for.
Pros
everything
Management was Biased
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAOctober 6, 2018
Once me regular manager retired,I reported to a middle manager that constantly micro managed me. Was difficult situation to be in, this manager didn't respect my judement.
Engaging and challenging place to work
Clinical Research Associate (Current Employee) –  Carpinteria, CAOctober 3, 2018
Working at Agilent is great. I've learned a tremendous amount and have developed professionally just as much. Employees are given a lot of freedoms and the management is great.
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Not the best healthcare
Agilent is the same company as Dako
Manager Histotechnologist (Former Employee) –  CaliforniaOctober 3, 2018
Dako was bought out by Agilent and has the same core values as Dako. Agilent is a very structured company. They believe in family first. I love that I got to travel to many new and exciting places and meet many new and exciting people. I was able to view other labs and their operations.
Pros
Travel
Cons
Travel and family
Overall good place
First Contact Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COSeptember 19, 2018
Management was easy to work for and each team specialized in their own areas. This created a lot of hand off however typically most were experts in their ares.
customer service
Special Project Representative (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DESeptember 13, 2018
I started this position in 2006 as a pilot program through a temp agency. After 3 months I was hired through a contractor as full time employee. This position was shared with 4 other employees. We divided the territories and called each customer to follow up on the service the tech did on their instruments. I formed a good relationship with each of the customers. After 7 years of service it was hard to leave. I had opportunity to go to other departments before the lay off. But I liked this positions. I
Pros
I helped launch this program
Cons
Being laid off
Fun workplace
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Austin County, TXSeptember 6, 2018
I have been working at Agilent Technologies as customer coordinator for Canada on the contract basis. Great corporate culture and it was a good experience.
Fun and friendly work place.
SCHEDULING COORDINATOR (Current Employee) –  Wilmington, DESeptember 4, 2018
Prominent team work enviroment. Good work space. Access to the GYM. A Christmas bonus and a mid year bonus. In house cafe and lunch room with a cafeteria.
Best company to work for
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Garden Grove, CAAugust 30, 2018
Agilent offers academic reimbursement along with continuous training, they are always coaching and mentoring employees in a religious manner, it is part of their culture.
Pros
stock options, education, etc.
Cons
we were owned by them just a short period of time
Lots of empty words and promises
Customer Service Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Carpinteria, CAAugust 16, 2018
Agilent prides itself on being "the best place to work" but doesn't actually value employees as humans, but rather as figures on a ledger. They were awfully cheap for being a billion-dollar company
Family atmosphere.
Production Planner/Scheduler (Former Employee) –  Lexington, MAAugust 8, 2018
Busy. The only issue I had was when they decided to close our US production facility and move over seas, they made employees train the people taking our jobs.
Pros
Loved my job for 30 years
Cons
Closing the facility
Fun projects
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COAugust 2, 2018
Agilent doesn't pay the best, but when you are working on products and projects you love, that is worth a lot. I would work for them again, if a good opportunity occoured
Agilent Technologies
Molecular Spectroscopy Product Sales Specialist (Current Employee) –  Denver, NCAugust 2, 2018
Typical Day at work: Sales Prospecting, Sales calls, Customer quotes. Traveling every week. Flying and driving to remote locations.
Learning new technologies from customers.
Pros
Company Car
Cons
Extensive Travel
fun workplace
Was correct
Nice people on site
Bill to ship to
Address correct
Part number a customer needed is correct
Pros
Nice people
Cons
Short lunches
Agilent Technologies was a good job if you want to work behind a desk and answer phones and respond to emails.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJuly 10, 2018
I worked on the phones as a CSR where I handling orders, technical support, and answering customer complaints. After seven years I transferred to the email team doing the same thing. My coworkers and managers were great to work with, but the unreliable pay raises that never caught up to the cost of living didn't help.
Pros
coworkers and benefits
Cons
pay and no job security
Enjoyed the software tasks, and the excellent benifits
Software Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAJuly 9, 2018
Flexible work hours
Worked in many different areas, and gained experience testing and developing software in C++ and C#.
Excellent management.
Faced paced, but we met the project schedules on time
Decent place to work
Environmental Test Engineer (Advanced) (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJuly 3, 2018
There are a plethora of really intelligent people with lots of experience who are willing to help new people grow. If you are established in the bay area Agilent is a fun place to work with cool challenges. One of the few companies I know of as an ME you can work on an entire instrument. If you are not established in the bay area Agilent won't pay like a premium company - it will be hard to take your pay and turn it into a lifestyle in the south bay.
Excellent company, would work there again if I could.
Firmware/Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COJuly 1, 2018
Excellent management.
Unlimited resources.
Excellent benefits.
Encouraged to innovate.
Patents awarded.
A company for engineers, managed by engineers.
Pros
Everything, best company I've worked for.
Cons
9/11 triggered the slow decay of the company.
Agilent was spun-off from HP
Strategic Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 29, 2018
Good management and the HP/Agilent values were still in place. Typical day is 4-5 sales calls. Field Engineer had flexibility to negotiate without a sales manager.
Pros
Flexibility
Agilent
Sr. R&D Manager for Optical Switch Development (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJune 12, 2018
The division I worked for was spun off several years ago. I am sure that much as changed in this time period. Was a great place to work with good management style.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Agilent. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

See reviews about

Diversity score

62out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Agilent.

Powered by Comparably