Agilent Employee Reviews

I worked there 13 years ago
Team Lead and/or Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMay 13, 2018
I worked at Agilent 13 years ago. Any thoughts I have about the company then are no longer relevant to the current company. Agilent has been sub-divided, spun-off and re-assembled into new companies that bare little relationship to what I knew.
Pros
Nice company cafeteria
Cons
Always waiting for the next set of layoffs
It was a nice contract job
Embedded Firmare Engineer (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMay 11, 2018
I enjoyed the challenge given to me. I was able to fix problems in a timely manner. I did like working on both software and hardware. Agilent had the necessary tools to do my job.
Pros
Job Challenge
Solid work, solid people
Production Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMay 10, 2018
I had come back as a contractor for a team I had already worked for. The work was interesting, and the people just as great as I remembered them. It was a little frustrating because of some management decisions that had been made for the team from up the chain - they didn't make sense with the technology and skills of the team. Overall it was a good experience.
Financially strong, conservative company with a plethora of internally focused processes
Manager, MidAtlantic/Southeast (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMay 8, 2018
Strong conservative company with stated high values missing a customer centric approach due to internally focused processes and metrics. Strong culture limits it's ability to adapt to market/customer changes and requirements. In many cases, leadership lacks the functional experience to execute the fundamental processes for significant growth.
Pros
Financially stable, good benefits, strong talent pool
Cons
Internally focused, process laiden organization, lack of customer awareness
Team work
Coordinateur (Former Employee) –  AustinApril 28, 2018
Très bon environnement, le travailleur a a sa disposition tout le materiel nécessaire pour accomplir. sa tache quotidienne. le management est vraiment très soft et et qualitativement le travailleur se sent vraiment dans sa peau et prêt a donner le meilleur de lui même.
Well organized place
Engineering Internship (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEApril 18, 2018
Enjoyed working here. Had lots of things to learn. Co-workers were friendly and helpful. As with any work place there are people who don’t fit well but just continue to work there grumbling. Apart from those mostly everyone is happy to work here. Only downside is that the pay is very low. Other companies offer much higher pay. Other than that the culture is very relaxed and everyone seem to get along
Pros
Relaxed work place
Cons
Poor salary
Disorganized
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COApril 4, 2018
This place could be a nice place to work if SLT was competent. All procedures are horrible, people lack social skills. The decisions made are just wrong. Needs a staff overhaul.
Material Handler SMT Production Line (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COApril 2, 2018
It was a wonderful company to work for but some of the new technology forced them to cut back. I enjoyed working with people that have respect for each other.
Emphasis on Collaboration
Commercial Counsel (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMarch 21, 2018
Strong emphasis on collaboration within a business group, and among cross functional teams. The focus is on "One Agilent", which means that individual issues and conflicts should be minimized for the good of the organization. 98% of employees seem to buy into this approach. It makes the company a great place to work. 98% of people are reasonable, friendly, and working toward a common goal.

Agilent used to have a pension, which they eliminated 2 years ago. Many employees have 15-30 years of service. Salaries are not competitive.
Pros
401k matching, 3% bonus 2x per year
Cons
Low salary
Relaxed work place but very busy and challeging
Logistics Coordinator/Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZ now located in Penang MaylasiaMarch 9, 2018
I managed inventory and created an MRP spreadsheet that downloaded data from Oracle to an Excel Spreadsheet with a Macro to tell us min and max qty's. What current on hand was, total dollar value of our inventory. I saved the company over $1 million dollars over 3 years by implementing a min max for inventory therefore only bringing in the required material based on customer orders and vendor lead times. They had no method to use before I developed the min max qtys. We had pot luck lunches, had a birthday cake for the birthdays each month which allowed you to get to know you fellow employees that you didn't directly work with. I love my job and the freedom to learn as much as possible about Oracle
Pros
Pot Luck Lunches and Financial Qtr celebrations
Cons
I once had a manager that didn't speak to his employees very well, put them down. yelled in front of everyone on the production floor.
UN-Enjoyable
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COMarch 5, 2018
Just not a good environment. Poor management & unhappy employees. There was no good direction given. When notice was you got walked out that day. It was very hard to show up to work.
Rare gem of a company
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMarch 2, 2018
Excellent corporate culture and a CEO who is approachable and progressive. Fair and supportive, there is no tolerance for irrational or unacceptable behavior.
Good place to work, but not in marketing
Marketing (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAFebruary 19, 2018
The product teams are well managed and funded. The marketing organization at Agilent, though, is backward and managed by people who are not up on modern practices. Pay is ok, health benefits are mediocre. They don't have free soda or decent coffee. They don't even offer purified water. The coffee urns probably date back to the Reagan era or before, and the coffee in them is just terrible. No free food, either. They used to offer a pension, but now that is gone.
Old-fashion, siloed company
Communications Consultant (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAFebruary 15, 2018
Agilent is trying to be agile and some departments are, however it is not the case for the whole company due to many employees who have "always" worked here.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Poor cooperation between departments, very siloed
Good Company
Salaried Professional (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COFebruary 12, 2018
Company management was supportive and focused on employee development. Decent place to work with good benefits and competitive pay. Workload was stressful at times.
Great place to work!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEFebruary 6, 2018
Agilent was a great place to work! Generous time off and bonuses. The people were to BEST and there was tons of room to advance. Healthcare was high deductible, but they all are now, so it was competitive.
Pros
Compensation, people, work life balance
Cons
healthcare could be better
easy employee friendly
Production Technician (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAJanuary 30, 2018
i loved working in agilent beacuse they were very sensitive to empoloyee needs and allowed us to work varied hours asnd this made it possible for me to go to school.
Pros
employee friendly
Cons
low salary
HP Culture under a new name
Senior Field Service Engineer (Former Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXJanuary 29, 2018
Agilent was formulated from spin off divisions of HP. The culture remained very "HP Like" for the time that i was employed there. I departed shortly after the formation of Agilent
Pros
HP Culture
Cons
Not HP
Good Place to Work
Quality Assurance Engineer (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJanuary 17, 2018
Agilent offers many opportunities to learn and grow. The culture is collaborative and friendly. It is a very good place to work, but the compensation is not currently keeping up with the industry in silicon valley.
Pros
Collaborate with great people
Cons
On the low end for industry compensation
Fun and productive work
Senior Communications Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJanuary 16, 2018
Cutting edge technology company that was spun off from HP a decade ago and is highly profitable as world leader in medical technology. The management are fair and communicative.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Agilent. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.4

2.0Personal Development

2.4Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight