Agilent Employee Reviews

Agilent Technologies was a good job if you want to work behind a desk and answer phones and respond to emails.
Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Englewood, COJuly 10, 2018
I worked on the phones as a CSR where I handling orders, technical support, and answering customer complaints. After seven years I transferred to the email team doing the same thing. My coworkers and managers were great to work with, but the unreliable pay raises that never caught up to the cost of living didn't help.
Pros
coworkers and benefits
Cons
pay and no job security
Enjoyed the software tasks, and the excellent benifits
Software Design Engineer (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa, CAJuly 9, 2018
Flexible work hours
Worked in many different areas, and gained experience testing and developing software in C++ and C#.
Excellent management.
Faced paced, but we met the project schedules on time
Decent place to work
Environmental Test Engineer (Advanced) (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJuly 3, 2018
There are a plethora of really intelligent people with lots of experience who are willing to help new people grow. If you are established in the bay area Agilent is a fun place to work with cool challenges. One of the few companies I know of as an ME you can work on an entire instrument. If you are not established in the bay area Agilent won't pay like a premium company - it will be hard to take your pay and turn it into a lifestyle in the south bay.
Agilent
Sr. Director Enterprise Regulatory Affairs (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJuly 2, 2018
I prefer not to write a review. I have worked here for a year and do not like the company culture. My function is very hierarchical with little allowed for independent thought
Excellent company, would work there again if I could.
Firmware/Software Engineer (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COJuly 1, 2018
Excellent management.
Unlimited resources.
Excellent benefits.
Encouraged to innovate.
Patents awarded.
A company for engineers, managed by engineers.
Pros
Everything, best company I've worked for.
Cons
9/11 triggered the slow decay of the company.
Agilent was spun-off from HP
Strategic Account Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 29, 2018
Good management and the HP/Agilent values were still in place. Typical day is 4-5 sales calls. Field Engineer had flexibility to negotiate without a sales manager.
Pros
Flexibility
Agilent
Sr. R&D Manager for Optical Switch Development (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAJune 12, 2018
The division I worked for was spun off several years ago. I am sure that much as changed in this time period. Was a great place to work with good management style.
Innovative spin-off of HP - great cuilture
Engineer, R&D (Former Employee) –  Arlington Heights, ILMay 31, 2018
Great culture - managers and staff were very creative and talented. I enjoyed working there. Bad point is massive layoffs with the Telecom bust starting in 2000. I lasted longer than most but eventual was a victim of the layoff waves.
I worked there 13 years ago
Team Lead and/or Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Fort Collins, COMay 13, 2018
I worked at Agilent 13 years ago. Any thoughts I have about the company then are no longer relevant to the current company. Agilent has been sub-divided, spun-off and re-assembled into new companies that bare little relationship to what I knew.
Pros
Nice company cafeteria
Cons
Always waiting for the next set of layoffs
It was a nice contract job
Embedded Firmare Engineer (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMay 11, 2018
I enjoyed the challenge given to me. I was able to fix problems in a timely manner. I did like working on both software and hardware. Agilent had the necessary tools to do my job.
Pros
Job Challenge
Solid work, solid people
Production Support Engineer (Former Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMay 10, 2018
I had come back as a contractor for a team I had already worked for. The work was interesting, and the people just as great as I remembered them. It was a little frustrating because of some management decisions that had been made for the team from up the chain - they didn't make sense with the technology and skills of the team. Overall it was a good experience.
Financially strong, conservative company with a plethora of internally focused processes
Manager, MidAtlantic/Southeast (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEMay 8, 2018
Strong conservative company with stated high values missing a customer centric approach due to internally focused processes and metrics. Strong culture limits it's ability to adapt to market/customer changes and requirements. In many cases, leadership lacks the functional experience to execute the fundamental processes for significant growth.
Pros
Financially stable, good benefits, strong talent pool
Cons
Internally focused, process laiden organization, lack of customer awareness
Team work
Coordinateur (Former Employee) –  AustinApril 28, 2018
Très bon environnement, le travailleur a a sa disposition tout le materiel nécessaire pour accomplir. sa tache quotidienne. le management est vraiment très soft et et qualitativement le travailleur se sent vraiment dans sa peau et prêt a donner le meilleur de lui même.
Well organized place
Engineering Internship (Former Employee) –  Wilmington, DEApril 18, 2018
Enjoyed working here. Had lots of things to learn. Co-workers were friendly and helpful. As with any work place there are people who don’t fit well but just continue to work there grumbling. Apart from those mostly everyone is happy to work here. Only downside is that the pay is very low. Other companies offer much higher pay. Other than that the culture is very relaxed and everyone seem to get along
Pros
Relaxed work place
Cons
Poor salary
Disorganized
QA Analyst (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COApril 4, 2018
This place could be a nice place to work if SLT was competent. All procedures are horrible, people lack social skills. The decisions made are just wrong. Needs a staff overhaul.
Material Handler SMT Production Line (Former Employee) –  Loveland, COApril 2, 2018
It was a wonderful company to work for but some of the new technology forced them to cut back. I enjoyed working with people that have respect for each other.
Emphasis on Collaboration
Commercial Counsel (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMarch 21, 2018
Strong emphasis on collaboration within a business group, and among cross functional teams. The focus is on "One Agilent", which means that individual issues and conflicts should be minimized for the good of the organization. 98% of employees seem to buy into this approach. It makes the company a great place to work. 98% of people are reasonable, friendly, and working toward a common goal.

Agilent used to have a pension, which they eliminated 2 years ago. Many employees have 15-30 years of service. Salaries are not competitive.
Pros
401k matching, 3% bonus 2x per year
Cons
Low salary
Relaxed work place but very busy and challeging
Logistics Coordinator/Purchasing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Chandler, AZ now located in Penang MaylasiaMarch 9, 2018
I managed inventory and created an MRP spreadsheet that downloaded data from Oracle to an Excel Spreadsheet with a Macro to tell us min and max qty's. What current on hand was, total dollar value of our inventory. I saved the company over $1 million dollars over 3 years by implementing a min max for inventory therefore only bringing in the required material based on customer orders and vendor lead times. They had no method to use before I developed the min max qtys. We had pot luck lunches, had a birthday cake for the birthdays each month which allowed you to get to know you fellow employees that you didn't directly work with. I love my job and the freedom to learn as much as possible about Oracle
Pros
Pot Luck Lunches and Financial Qtr celebrations
Cons
I once had a manager that didn't speak to his employees very well, put them down. yelled in front of everyone on the production floor.
UN-Enjoyable
Lab Technician (Current Employee) –  Boulder, COMarch 5, 2018
Just not a good environment. Poor management & unhappy employees. There was no good direction given. When notice was you got walked out that day. It was very hard to show up to work.
Rare gem of a company
Executive Assistant (Current Employee) –  Santa Clara, CAMarch 2, 2018
Excellent corporate culture and a CEO who is approachable and progressive. Fair and supportive, there is no tolerance for irrational or unacceptable behavior.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Agilent. Our community is ready to answer.

4.2

Diversity score

62out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Agilent.

Powered by Comparably