Agility Logistics

Agility Logistics Employee Reviews in Houston, TX

Great Opportunity for experience in Logistics and Inventory Control
Excellent environment, breaks were great and accumulative vacations made this job worth every penny. Great management and Safety programs. You work in a relaxed environment
Fast paced environment
Very fast paced office environment. Work overload without assistance or guidance to complete or reduce work load. Management shows "favoritism" to those that are "yes" employees and shows dis-favoritism to those that try to go outside the box or bring new ideas to lighten work.
Very disorganized, minimal training provided
You are basically on your own from the minute you start. You're given few instructions about your job then expect you to know how to completely do your job without much training.
Decent place to work for experience
Like all freight forwarders, the pay isn't the best. The other forms of compensation are pretty okay. Most of what it has going for it is the drive to build teamwork. Management is pretty okay, and most mid-level managers are very experienced. It's a good place to get into logistics and learn logistics, but probably not a long-term career as advancement is slow.
Pros
Comradery
Cons
Not the best pay, few advancement opportunities
Horrible Senior Management - Unable to organize
Overall a cluster, with no direction. expect long hours and no appreciation for going above and beyond your duties. The Senior VP is unable to gain full control and is struggling to hold on. Don't think he will be there much longer as that was a bad change for Agility Houston.
Pros
Good Co-Workers, Knowledge of Mangers, Time off
Cons
Senior Management way too many that are not needed, Most Senior Managements sit in their office applying no knowledge and leave by 5pm
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
Account rep
Worst company to.work.for .. they have no loyalty .. president in the houston office has no heart .. letting go of loyal employees.. bad pay bad benefits
Excellent Company
This company is an amazing corporation to work for. The benefits overall are amazing and the community outreach involvement is at a high. The hr department is amazing and can be trusted and is very confidential and friendly.
Relaxed working environment.
The atmosphere is relaxed. Within the past few months management has taken actions to ensure employees who do not suffer job loss due to the ever changing market.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Agility Logistics?
Onsite Expediter
Working onsite with Agility's top Oil and Gas customer was a very challenging yet rewarding experience. A typical day would be in charge of managing both the Agility and Oil and Gas team, Processing orders, coordinating trucks and flights, tracking shipments, along with administrative and accounting duties.
Pros
Bonus's, knowledgeable managers, great work environment, helpful coworkers, much to learn.
Cons
No room for advancement, non effective meeting schedule, lack of communication
Experience
I value the opportunity to work for the company and with the employees. Would recommend to others if considering to apply for employment.
review
temp position. good atmosphere. Involved with employees to maintain a positive work environment. DId not work there long enough to collect much information about benefits it was a temporary position.
Great company Until sold to Agilty
I worked there 10 years until they sold and sent all the accounting off to India. After that The company no longer cared about there employees.
Productive and positive workplace
Very good group of people to work with, employees are helpful and willing to help you succeed. I learned a lot while I was here but felt compensation could have been better.
Healthy work environment
I get there at 8:00am go thru my emails, respond to the high priority ones first. I then start seeing what shipments I have coming up and what documentation I am going to require for them. After that I work on the file that has the highest priority due to its document cut off or amount of work that it will require to get everything in order. For example for a new shipment I receive the weights and dimensions from the packing coordinator and all the MR's for that shipment, i then make a booking with a carrier, I then go thru the MR's and make sure I have the USPPI information like the Schedule B number/ HTS number, the ECCN, Country of Origin of material, a contact name and phone number, the USPPI's EIN number and the correct address. Once I have gathered all of this info, I run a Schedule B number report to see which Schedule B numbers exceeded $2,500.00 and require to be filed on AES Direct. At the same time I am also making a job on our system for that particular shipment. After i have filled all of the AES's I then start working on my Master BL, I then submit that to the carrier before the Documentation cut off, I also verify that the material makes it to the delivery point before the material cut off. The carrier then send me a proof of the BL for me to revise. After revising it I give them the ok to release the Documents to us. I then began working on the Country of Origins doc's, the Commercial Invoice / Packing List, gather Haz Docs and container docs when applicable. Once I receive the Original BL's I began working on the Pre-Alert/Transmittal Docs to send out to our - more...
Pros
Good benefits, Healthy work environment
Cons
Far from where I live
Relaxed environment.
The company works on a sink or swim work environment. I like this because it leaves a lot of room to solve problems on your own without having someone staring over your shoulder. This also puts everything on you when things go wrong.
Pros
Relaxed work environment ability to work problems out on your own.
Cons
Ability to move up in the company is not based on knowledge but friendship.
Productive, organized and demanding
I love my job and all the multi-tasking, demand and customer service that comes along with it. I enjoy every part of working in logistics even the every day time crunches and customer demand that comes along with it. I am a problem solver with excellent communication skills and multi-tasking skills and these are the reasons that logistics is a perfect suit for me.
Pros
Awesome management and staff
Cons
No raises or bonuses due to economy
Air Frieght Specialist
My experience as an Air Freight Specialist was wonderful. I love learning new things and Air Freight was new for me. Fortunately, I'm a pretty quick learner and once I understood the concept, I was moving a ton of Freight; Over-sized, Haz-mat. I even moved small pieces via air with DHL and learned how to file an AES approval for item values over $2500.00

Great Job! Great Experience!
New Management is directly responsible for loss of business; lack of new business
Prior to the merger of 3 established companies, company #1 was my ideal place of employment. I enjoyed this position, which handled mainly project materials. I worked well with other co-workers & management. Company #1 allowed employees to grow company business thru communication with customers & credit was given where it was due. We were treated as professionals by managment & never "micro-managed".
After the merger, 1 of the 3 companies forced management from the other 2 companies out (prior to merger, I would NOT have chosen to work for this company). Due to this company's lack of experience with project cargo, this business slowly declined. We were no longer allowed to directly communicate with customers to sell & promote our services. This was directed to a "Business Development Group", which in my opinion did not have the experience to effectively determine the needs of the customer. Management promoted ONLY employees from it's legacy company, even though there were employees with more experience & knowledge that would have better fit these positions. Most employees were micro-managed to a "cookie cutter" position, decision making was only allowed by management, many whom did not have as much experience as the employees they supervised.

Layoffs occurred many times, due to mis-management of this large, global company.
Pros
state of the art facility, global offices
Cons
layoffs, company mis-management, no promotions, bonuses or raises
Corporation takeover
I enjoy working for my manager, but I do not enjoy the company. There is no way to be promoted within. Most departments are set in their ways and no action is taken upon individuals who continually make the same mistakes. They would be great if they knew how to fire people who did not do their job that they get paid to do.
Pros
could come and go as i please
Cons
expensive insurance, no incentives, low productivity in most departments.
no support for employees
Did not come through with bonus, did not praise you for any good jobs you did for company. not enough training on new programs. expected you to learn on weekends at no pay for your training. Always relocating you around the office.
Pros
ask you to do too many working lunched
Cons
pressure you to work on saturdays
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Agility Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.