Agility Logistics

Agility Logistics Employee Reviews

United States141 reviews

Agility Logistics insights

What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
Areas for improvement
  • Sense of belonging
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Inclusive work environment

A place I don't mind being for 8-10 everyday

None stop work but easy because of the team work,each day is differrent so you learn on the go.Management is ok but could be better because there's always room for improvement.Known for 7years so we all work well together.There's nothing about the job that's hard the hard part is knowing you have to come and do it all over again the next day.The comradery is the most enjoyable part of the job.

Good company

In general, I enjoyed and learned a lot in the company.Good benefits, good salary. Standard working hours Monday to Friday. Good balance between work and life.

Pros

Benefits, salary

Cons

Great people and working environment

For such a large company, there was very little red tape or bureaucratic mandates when getting things done. Individuals were trusted to do their jobs and given the tools to do so. The company is not perfect. There are many holes in processes and inter-department communication, but the people are excellent and always found a way to get it done.

Pros

Good people, expertise in the field

Cons

Not enough emphasis on SOPs and transportation management systems

Was a tough place to work but paid well

Their software was pretty outdated and their systems were disjointed. A person really had to know logistics going into it in order to succeed there. Not a place for beginners. I personally really enjoyed my time there and beleive it is a pivitol moment in my career. Of course, they've been bought out by DSV so that will change things a lot.

Pros

Good salary for industry, flexible management, great people

Cons

Outdated software, tedious processes, constant endless email communication

Relax atmosphere, people are generally happy

A great place to work but the downside of things is another company is inquiring to buy Agility and the employees don't know our state. However, the dedication is still there and we all decided to ride it out and see what happens.

Pros

Management trust you are doing what is needed to be done and no micromanaging

Cons

We are short handed so each desk is very busy

Job seekers rely on your experience.

Dead end

No raises hardly ever. No respect for life outside of work. Insane amounts of pressure. No positive re enforcement. Low employee morale. Overall not where you want to work.

Pros

Ot

Unproductive workplace with bad processes

I'm not certain of all the Agility locations. I worked at their location in Houston, T.X. in a warehouse that kept G.E. Aviation parts. I worked in receiving area and quickly came to realize how bad things were when you saw lots of bins of paperwork. Where I worked previously you did goods receipt on a computer or hand held device, everything was done very old fashioned, so lots of unnecessary paperwork to handle. The other issue was the flexibility they expected you to have to serve their purposes. I told them I was comfortable working some OT (5 or 10 hours) here and there. I was only there for 2 and a half months and never worked any less than 10 or 11 hours a day, they were highly deceptive of these practice when I interviewed.

Cons

60 plus hour work weeks, roaches in the microwave in the break room.

Good team attitude

Fair compensation good management a very stable company with a good reputation in the industry. Good mangers at the import side very understanding and flexible.

Pros

Good benefits

Cons

Rely too much on temp labor takes long to be an official employee

Bad place

It is not a friendly place to work the shift managers are rude and very unsanitary and alot of drug use definitely would not recommend anyone work there.

Lack of training and bad management

Pretty much your own your own. Managers don't take the time to instruct and teach. More than likely they wait for you to make a mistake and hold you accountable with no strategy to prevent it. There's favoritism and selective people they really focus on . I achieved Alot based on my own and the help from fellow coworkers. Even got promoted but at the end the day the pay did not match my level of expertise. Also management was very poorly. Many complaints about the managers. The one I was working for had many complaints but like I said they have favoritism.

Pros

Overtime

Cons

Bad management

Don’t apply to this place

Favoritisms and nepotism is big at this company. If you have no where else to turn then maybe work here. The people I work with are cool. But that’s about it

Pros

You have a job

Cons

Pay

It's okay if you aren't looking to advance.

I wouldn't recommend the organization for someone that is senior level in their role. Management micromanages. They are about the dollar and not the employees.

Pros

N/a

Cons

Very political, obvious discrimination, micromanagement

Average

My review is that Agility is an average company where need to organise and modify each and every department prominently and need to select good experiences staffs who know the work properly and confidently.

Work requires to be innovative and find solutions to global logistic challenges

Working with global Fortune 500 companies managing challenges to their global supply chains and finding innovative solutions. Within the logistics industry, there are always challenges being faced by my customers either sourcing material for production or moving finished goods to their ultimate customers.

Agility

they are a good company to work for . i have been there a long time i work really hard. sometimes this is not appreciated. hours are 0900 -1700 dont normally have to work over time

Pros

close to home

Cons

small office

The management is unfair towards worker’s needs. A lot of conflicts of interests occurring in the workplace. Potential employee advancement is not seen.

Don't work here unless you could care less about your family and pets

Plenty of work to keep busy. Always learning about customers and their needs. No work life balance. Remote working not allowed. Some friendly co-workers. Taking off for family funerals and sick / dying pets is frowned upon, which shows the company's lack of empathy and concern for family.

Pros

Learn about customers, docs, and the transport of goods exporting

Cons

No work / life balance, always very busy, hardly any jobs for advancement, no remote working unless you're a manager; don't care about employees having quality time for family, funerals, or pets

Very Nice Place to Work

I really liked working there. I hate that the coronavirus made it to where they couldn't keep me on due financial security. Hope once things get better all jobs will be in full force.

Very productive work environment

Warehouse management would protect workers that constantly made mistakes while over working employees that showed competency. Overall, always had work to do, never a dull moment. Pay was okay.

Great Facility

Agility is a great place to work. Most of the Managers are very supportive and encourage growth within the company. My manager has been very supportive.

Agility is..

Agility is one of the world's leading logistics companies. New and smart tools are in constant development to service global markets with local needs.

Common questions about Agility Logistics

Answered by current and former employees at Agility Logistics

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Agility Logistics. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Agility Logistics with