Agilon Health Employee Reviews

Fast Paced, High Energy, Misison-Driven team
Administrative (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 27, 2019
The company has a great vision and is growing quickly. The team is passionate and energized which makes working there exciting. Hours can be long, but there is great career advancement opportunities for those who have the drive to succeed.
In my opinion the management team is struggling, not strong leader, very catered.
Sr. Accountant (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 16, 2019
The last week of the month I spend all my time preparing and entering journal entries getting ready for the month end close. The first 7 working day I'm working on accruals and cleaning up the Income statement ledger getting ready to prepare my Financial fluctuation analysis before sending out to the financial team. The rest of the days of the months I do balance sheet reconciliations...
Great company
Director (Current Employee) –  CAApril 4, 2019
Great company. Growing fast! You will need to collaborate with HQ in Long Beach. Keep your counterparts informed and you will do very well. Management is very hands on.
Moving in the right direction
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAMarch 9, 2019
Agilon has a lot of work to do, but they are trying to move in the right direction. With a team that is willing to put in the time and dedication, they will make it.
Pros
Great people to work with on the team
Cons
Lot's of work to do
no comment
Utilization Review Nurse (Former Employee) –  Anaheim, CAMarch 3, 2019
start up company with potential, salary scales do not compare with industry standards. Management is not given the appropriate tools to achieve the goals and expectations
Worst Job experience ever..!!
Claims Examiner III (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAFebruary 25, 2019
Firstly management isn't qualified, micro managing is a understatement. They're constantly harassing you about production. It's a division between race, because of management. Expectations is very high, and pay is low. You don't & won't feel appreciated as an employee. There's no policy & procedures for the claims department. They're computer system is horrible & no structure for getting your daily tasks done. And the pay isn't even fair for the market. I've never worked for a company that I hated until I worked for Agilon.
Pros
Cons
The entire work experience and pay.
The Anaheim Agilon lacks management
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  AnaheimFebruary 4, 2019
Management is no good. Favoritism rules. Did not like my time there, glad I left. Not a very friendly place. I should have paid attention to the reviews.
Pros
parking space
Cons
bad management style.
Work you to death!!
Eligibility Specialist (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAJanuary 20, 2019
I would give this company half a star but that’s not an option. Management over works you & constantly asking about your work productivity. No employee appreciation at all. It’s ridiculous the amount of time manager keeps tabs on you and your work when you already know what’s expected for you to do like let me do my job & leave me alone!!! We can hear other staff always water cooling about other employees. To much gossip. HR however does listen to employees. Claims dept is short staff that it’s scary. I’m currently looking for another job do to low pay & company under investigation. Thank you, Next!
Pros
Free Bday Month Cakes
Cons
Short Breaks
It's a job
Claims Analyst III (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAJanuary 7, 2019
Very thankful for my job, a lot of favoritism and advancement for those who have lack of experience in healthcare. The work is not bad, not enough employees to handle the workload and overtime was cut which made up for lack of low pay.
Pros
Could see things getting better
Cons
Some in management bring morale down
Not a fan
Within IT (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CASeptember 18, 2018
The pace is unheard of. They’ll work you to death with little appreciation in return. Upper management seems to be a bit shady. Would not recommend this company to anyone.
Do Not Work Here
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAAugust 28, 2018
If it was possible to give this company 0 stars I would. HR makes promises of annual raises and opportunities for advancement which is a lie. Overworked, underpaid compared to the industry standard. They make their nurses salaried so they can take advantage and work you to death, staying late every day for no compensation. Employees are not appreciated. Management is terrible and plays favorites. Anyone that stands up for what is right is targeted and retaliated against. There is no communication or problem resolution. If all of this was not enough the company is currently under investigation by the state for claims fraud. Beware of this company.
Pros
Cons
Management, Favortism
Very good place to work
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  Long Beach, CA 90831August 24, 2018
Everyone so far is friendly, helpful, collaborative and willing to offer to help. I work for the Director of Managed Care, Finance and Accounting and he gives me the autonomy to do my job effectively. Doesn't micromanage.
Pros
Free random lunches
Cons
Temp to Hire seems to be the norm
Stressful Workplace
Employee (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAAugust 8, 2018
I wouldn’t recommend this place to anybody. A lot of favoritism at the company and lack of advancement opportunities. New management is unreliable, very unorganized, and they have no structure what so ever. Reputation is terrible.
Benefits
Cons
Toxic Workplace
Great team environment
Nurse (Current Employee) –  Corona, CAJuly 18, 2018
The team is very helpful and the management is quite strong and supportive. The nurses and coordinator staff are knowledgeable and helpful. The leads are friendly and easy to work with. HR communicates well and fairly with employees. The pay could be a bit more competitive, however I understand this is being currently looked into so I am hopeful of positive changes to come within the company.
Pros
Transparency with employees and teamwork mentality
Cons
Training could be better
Family Environment
UM Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 16, 2018
I can only speak to my experience at the Anaheim office. Most of the depts there are very close-knit teams, think of a family environment. Almost everyone you will encounter is helpful, goal-driven, and very member oriented. If you're looking for a professional challenge and are willing to put in the time and hard work, this is definitely the spot for you.
Pros
Friendly Co-Workers, Amazing bosses, occasional free food
Cons
Systems are a work in progress
Exciting Growing Company
Confidential (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 9, 2018
Fast pace, growing environment. Motivated by intelligent, driven professionals. Meeting the companies growth needs requires the ability to adapt to a dynamic environment.
Growing Company
Employee (Current Employee) –  Anaheim, CAJuly 9, 2018
Growing company, good management, friendly coworkers, fast-paced environment. If you're looking for a company where you come in and do the same thing every day and don't want to be challenged this probably isn't the place for you. If you are looking to be part of something that is growing and somewhere you can work hard and contribute to that growth this is a great place to be.
Pros
friendly coworkers
One of the worst places I have ever worked at
Nurse (Former Employee) –  Corona, CAJuly 8, 2018
Management no good, the leads suck and HR sucks, HR could care less about the employee and favors ppl and the managers do nothing for the employees..
Pros
Free meals here and there
Cons
Hostile environment
Not a fan
Director of Financial Planning and Analysis (Former Employee) –  Long Beach, CAJuly 18, 2017
Not a fan of the company, management or the people. I did not enjoy my time there, and would not recommend anybody working there. Worst experience in the life.