Agios Pharmaceuticals

Working at Agios Pharmaceuticals: 15 Reviews

United States15 reviews

Nice place before oncology unit sold

Since the oncology unit was sold, there has been lack of room for people to grow. They did care about people and organized some activities to cheer people up but just in general you won’t like it when the size of the company shrinks.

Good place to work prior to servier sale

Poor managementLarge attritionPoor moralePoor work life balanceIncestuous office politics Poor staffingUnclear portfolio Science secondary to deal making

Agios Pharmaceuticals insights

What people like
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction

Excellent culture and team members.

I love this company. Their culture is awesome! I loved working with everyone, especially our HR /TA team. What a wonderful group of people! I can't say enough good things about the woman I reported to! She was personable, welcoming, helpful, smart, great at her job, fun and wonderful at managing and developing her team members. I will always have fond memories of my time at Agios.

Pros

great work life balance, responsive team members, FANTASTIC benefits, competitive industry comp

Cons

Can't think of any

Good for R&D but not for G&A

Company looks very tech oriented but very outdated in terms of upgrade in the systems and applications in G&A. If you are in G&A function, think twice before joining as you may find yourself manually work to save the marginal budget of a department. G&A workforce is very lean with high turnover.

Fun place to work

Great place to work, the company is growing, but culture remains the same which is hard for any company to keep....but they are doing it :) Agios has a great crossfuctional learning experience with the ability to wear more then one hat.

The Environment is patient centered and the culture of employee first is well maintained. As listed above, I have always felt supported and appreciated.

Fun Place

- Smaller firm with closer working environment - Faster pace - Less bureaucratic - Higher risk with potential higher reward - Multiple projects with less resources

Mentors and other scientist were very helpful. I did enjoy my time and research. The culture is very unique and employees are very open and treat everyone the same.

Productive and Fun workplace

The workplace environment at Agios is unlike any I have ever experienced. Everyone is friendly and approachable, and there is a good balance of work and fun. They are incredibly flexible and sensitive to the needs of their employees, especially with hours, time off, etc. I would highly recommend working here to anyone!

Pros

Coffee, Happy Hours every Thursday, Flexibility with schedules

great place to work

Agios pharmaceuticals is great place to work. Lead by a patient focused CEO and scientist. I was able to learn cross functionally how a drug is gets from an idea to patients.

Random Management Strategy

Day to day operations are fine, but vision and strategy are inconsistent. No career ladder, career path and limited mentor-ship opportunities. You're on your own.

Small company feel, great culture

Great culture, opportunity to do meaningful work and contribute to helping people. Specialize in oncology (immuno-oncology) and rare genetic disease therapies.

The Other Side of Possible

Agios lives by its motto. "The other side of possible". Agios is a productive company that focuses on culture and work/life balance for their employees.

Growing Biotech

A very hard-working group- to be successful here you need to be willing to work hard, but the company culture is amazing and makes it worth it.

Very educational place to work

Every day seemed to be different. I was spread between many different departments and was able to learn a lot. I was primarily in charge of the animal facility and glass wash. I quickly learned shipping and receiving, basic facilities duties, and also started to help out the scientists. I learned many different things from growing and splitting cells to facilities tasks.

Pros

learned a wide spread of information

Cons

only a contract position

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Agios Pharmaceuticals. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

4.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

5.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare Agios Pharmaceuticals with

Agios Pharmaceuticals Reviews by Location

Learn about Agios Pharmaceuticals in popular locations

• Agios Pharmaceuticals
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?