AGL Resources Employee Reviews

Customer service
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE II (Former Employee) –  Union, NJJune 9, 2018
This is a good company to work for, there is job security, however there is no advancement. the company is going through changes which in turn affected the employees. The job consistently makes the employees do mandatory overtime, overworked the employees until they would burn out. The company did pay well, a base salary plus overtime pay. Management was overall good, they did care about their employees and tried to help as much as possible, but could only do as much as allowed. The hardest part of the job is the consistent overtime and constant back to back calls while being understaffed, They did bring in food for the employees and the co workers are good people as well. The job needs to work on career advancement, they would rather hire outside employees than promote from within.
Pros
benefits, pay
Cons
understaffed, worklife balance, no career advancement
great place to work unless
Office Assistant II (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 21, 2018
This company is great unless you go to the resource management department. The managers are cut throat and evil. They don't care about your personal life and its all about what can you produce today.
The people made the company great
Manager (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILFebruary 16, 2018
I enjoyed my time there, it was a challenging environment, a few bad apples but that occurs everywhere, the pace could get hectic, but management made sure everyone was given breaks.
Pros
schedule, benefits
Cons
Short lunches, had trouble keeping temps that should have been made employees
Accountant II
Accountant II/Payroll Accountant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 13, 2018
Overall the company is a great organization to work for. Unfortunately I left before the major management changes went into effect. If given another opportunity I would definitely work there again.
Very bussy and stressfull
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE II (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 28, 2018
AGL is a great company to work for. You have an opportunity to advance pretty quickly if you keep your numbers high. People find security at AGL and very little turnover.
Pros
You can make as much money you desired
Cons
Mandatory OT daily.. inconsistent schedule
The good old boys still in charge
N/A (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJanuary 28, 2018
I thought working in Atlanta was going to be GREAT. Black supervisors still scared to make decisions. " Let me ask the BOSS" But you are the Boss.. THAT PLACE WAS A TRIP. Atlanta service center was the most degrading place to work.
Pros
Bonus Benifits
Cons
The people
Productive and Energetic Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Union, NJApril 17, 2017
Fast Pasted environment, excellent benefits. Staff and co-workers were very enthusiastic about their jobs. Everyone was motivated to assist beyond their job description.
Lots of work and good people
Foreman (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXApril 17, 2017
Agl is one of the best conpanys out there good benefits and lots of work! Only thing was i had no good communication with super intendent other than that conpany was well maintain and very good on safety
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMarch 3, 2017
The company overall is great and it is a great place to advance your career when you have the chance too. I recommend to learn as much as you can and continue to move up it the company
Not a good employer
Associate (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILFebruary 21, 2017
The work environment was very hostile. Too much work expected in the time frame allowed.

No job security and management does not watch your back, rather stabs in the back.
Great Company
Bilingual Customer Service II/Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAFebruary 6, 2017
the nature of the business sometimes difficult as natural gas can be necessary for many people but company has many programs to help its customers and really encourages employees in community outreach programs
Meter reader Union New Jersey
Meter Technician (Former Employee) –  Union, NJDecember 17, 2016
Possibly the worst company I have ever worked for. Micromanagement is all over the company. Most good reviews here are from the Atlanta division and are just happy to have a job.Did they mention how much comes out of their paycheck for those mediocre benefits? Don't work here for over 5 years because they won't let you. They will fire you for say taking 1 of your 5 sick days so they can hire someone new for starting rate. Don't waste your time here! If you do plan to work here make it temporary until you find a better job which won't be hard
Pros
It's a job
Cons
Managers hired who knows nothing about gas or never worked on gas.
Was a great company..
Sr. Mobile Support Specialist III (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILDecember 6, 2016
AGL Resources base out of Atlanta, GA. Did not feel like the company was looking out for the employee best interest. Later the company was purchase by Southern Company.
Good company
Customer Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Riverdale, GANovember 30, 2016
AGL Resources or Southern Company Gas is a good place to work. It could improve on the advancement of employees. I have nothing else to say.
Very productive, interesting, stressful, caring and fun workplace
Customer Care Specialist Nicor Gas (Former Employee) –  Naperville, ILOctober 19, 2016
The Call Center is typically a very busy workplace and depending on the time of season it can be extremely stressful. Management makes the workplace an enjoyable environment during schedule leisure events. The co-workers are extremely resourceful, energetic, devoted, loving, caring, responsible and accountable employees/individuals. I appreciate the knowledge this utility gas company has provided. I will benefit as a consumer and as a previous employee. This company provides the utmost professionalism, pride and knowledge in its product.
Pros
Lots of overtime, Quarterly employee appreciation day, Open-door policy with directors/supervisors and managers.
Cons
Lots of overtime, Recon season is stressful, Irate customers
Trainer, Gas Control (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 6, 2016
Great Culture and since the merger with Southern Company it has been seamless and Southern Company has changed very little. s time goes on I am sure there will be changes, but our voices have been valued.
Retiree
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 19, 2016
Since I am retired this does not relate to the job that I am applying for. I have retired after 24,years of excellent customer service.
Pros
Great place to work. Much experience gained over the years
Typical Fortune 500 Company
Supervisor, Billing Services (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAAugust 9, 2016
A typical Fortune 500 company acquired by Southern Company. I would have liked to see AGL stand up for long time employees negatively impacted by the merger.
Pros
Compensation and benefits
Cons
Would have liked to see AGL stand up for long time employees affected by merger
Agl
Helpdesk Analyst (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 19, 2016
I really enjoyed interning at AGL. I was able to experience both the good and bad of corporate America. I learned so much about myself and how to manage time better.
AGL Resources
Benefits Specialist (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 4, 2016
My work day would begin a review of my TOD list which would allow me to prioritize according to management to be completed by date. I learned to prepare employees who reached retirement age for their exit from AGL providing them with AGL's Retirement Checklist. Providing information regarding their benefits package at time of retirement. My manager was extremely knowledgeable and provided her team with the necessary tools to successfully complete our tasks. My co-workers provided all information to get the job done well. My co-workers thoroughly understood the term "team player." The hardest part of my job is when I was told my assignment was ending. My most enjoyable work experience was to get the job done well. Problem-solving.
Pros
Cons
None that I'm aware of

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AGL Resources. Our community is ready to answer.