Agnes Scott College Employee Reviews

Fun work place!
All Sports Camp Coach (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAMarch 19, 2018
Our manager was often unavailable so much of the work with parents and handling of money went through us. A fun group of co-workers made the day worth the stress.
Pros
free housing, free lunches
Cons
short breaks, stressful work place
Great academic environment for students, instructors, professors and administrators
Visiting Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAFebruary 1, 2018
I thoroughly enjoy/enjoyed my work at Agnes Scott College. The student population is exceptional and my colleagues were accomplished, knowledgeable, experienced, pleasant and always available for assistance. The work environment is excellent (5 stars) providing the time, resources and support needed to prepare lectures, complete assessments, meet with students and ensure good quality instruction for the them. As a result, this inspired me to continue to deliver superior quality attention and instruction to highly-valued learners. The campus is quiet and beautiful, entirely suited to an expectation of academic excellence and exceptional college life experience. I felt highly-valued as an instructor by both the students, my colleagues and the administration which is important for the mutual success of both students and faculty. I would rate the Agnes Scott College student life and workplace culture as the best college campus experience that I have participated in during both my undergraduate and graduate work at any of the colleges and universities specializing in my discipline. I am happy to have had the opportunity to instruct here.
Pros
Beautiful campus, exceptional support from all colleagues, faculty and administrators.
Cons
limited benefits for part-time instructors, limited contracts
Amazing
Study Abroad Fellow (Former Employee) –  Decatur, Georgia (USA)September 26, 2017
Working at Agnes Scott College was one of the most fulfilling experiences of my life. I discovered my passion and interest in higher education and international education. I worked with a group of wonderful, collaborative and exemplary colleagues. I learned the importance of flexibility in higher education and the importance of always learning new skills and new systems.
Good experience overall
Assistant Athletic Director (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GASeptember 2, 2017
I went to work at Agnes Scott because I knew and had worked for the AD there while we were at Ga Tech. The pay was not great but I knew that going into it. We accomplish a lot of positive things there.
Relaxed work environment
Assistant Soccer Coach (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAAugust 22, 2017
I enjoyed working at Agnes Scott because as a young professional I was able to work in many different positions outside my actual job title. This helped me learn so much more about the inner workings of an Athletic Department. I really enjoyed the relaxed environment and the fact that I always felt like my ideas were heard and important. The hardest part of the job was the long hours and almost no free time, but the nature of the work made the busy schedule worthwhile.
Police Officer (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAAugust 15, 2017
Nice place to work, good atmosphere, good opportunity depending on what department you work in, offers many college perks, like kids can attend college for free.
Pros
The people
former work/study student
Accounting Office Assistant (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAApril 2, 2017
Not sure what to say from the perspective of anybody but a work/study student, but it was pretty easy to get a job if it's part of your financial aid package and your supervisors are very understanding when it comes to the "study" part of work/study.
Creativity and Openness
Student (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAMarch 29, 2017
At Agnes Scott College everyone is open to new ideas. Professors give work that let students develop different ideas in the classroom that can be used outside of the classroom as well. The best class taken was Entrepreneurship creating my own business and creating a business plan.
Agnes Scott is a very rewarding and united community
Student Senate (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAMarch 21, 2017
As a laboratory assistant, research assistant, accounting assistant, and being a part of meaningful campus organizations, I have gained nothing but valuable skills that has shaped me into a well rounded candidate.
Great Community for Women
Gallery Assistant (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAFebruary 7, 2017
Agnes Scott College is unique because it is a small liberal arts women's college tucked away in Decatur, Georgia. I work as a work study student in the gallery and am very pleased with my time so far. In my short time I have worked with three seasonal visiting artists to help execute gallery shows, receiving hands on experience with hardware, visual arts and more. The faculty is very friendly and eager to offer benefits.
Pros
Great community, beautiful campus
Cons
More tasks would be welcome, pay could be improved

Want to know more about Agnes Scott College?

Ask a question
Management is awesome
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GASeptember 13, 2016
I worked in the bookstore and the manager is really sweet and awesome. It's one of the better retail jobs ive had, and I'd definitely do it again. The other workers in the school all seem to be really nice as well.
Productive and Friendly Work Environment
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAMarch 27, 2016
I am a student worker at Agnes Scott College for the Office of Registrar. The Office of the Registrar handles students academic records, transcripts, enrollment verification, degree requirements, and other documents that relate to students. I assist and respond to any inquires that a student or faculty member may have when they come in the office and I help with projects given to me by my supervisor and colleagues. I also maintain and coordinate student registration forms for accuracy and edit student information in different database. I have learned to be patient and work on the task and/or problem given to me efficiently and effectively. My management is excellent. It is a very friendly work environment. I have no problem working with my supervisor. He is very friendly and easy to work with. The hardest part of my job is not having an answer for the students or faculty, but I know I can always ask for help. On the other hand, when I am able to help answer a question or complete a task effectively and efficiently, I feel l have a done a great job.
Pros
Friendly, Work Environment; flexible schedule; friendly and helpful supervisor
Cons
Slow work days
Assistant Professor (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAJanuary 22, 2016
This educational institution has a long standing tradition that it's shareholders maintain which is full of dignity and pride.
Great work environment
Overnight Guest Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GASeptember 4, 2015
The work environment was fabulous. The people in the office were very nice. The campus is beautiful and the weather was great too.
Progressive work environment.
Overnight Guest Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAMay 23, 2015
The work environment is supportive engaging and professional. I learned basic office, and clerical skills. The most enjoyable part of the job was interacting with the staff.
Productive, fun and energetic place to work
Independent Contractor (Current Employee) –  Decatur, GAJanuary 27, 2015
I've thoroughly enjoyed working with this company for over 8 years. Each day presents new challenges allowing me the opportunity to stay in a problem-solving state of mind. From building customer relations to crisis P.R., I've learned how to effectively communicate with the client while maintaining the company's policies and procedures.It is often difficult to pull my self away from a problem that arises, but I truly enjoy finding the best possible solution.
Pros
Reduced lunch, meeting celebrities and global leaders from around the world.
Cons
Limited chance of promotion or salary increase.
I really love working there
Librarian Assistant (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 22, 2014
We assist student and teachers with computers, books, movies. etc. I check books in and out. Put books back on shelves. Assist the main librarian with different tasks.
Pros
Extra cash while I was going to school
Excellent
Patrol Officer (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GAFebruary 5, 2014
Great, progressive learning environment in which to work. I had the priviledge of working with exceptional/professional supervisors, that showed a daily commitment to the faculty/co-workers of this college. The faculty/staff were always available for whatever needs might be in need of addressing, with the manner of competant professionalism that was a trade-mark of this liberal arts community.
Pros
Faculty/Staff/Students
Work study
Departmental Aide (Former Employee) –  Decatur, GADecember 4, 2013
I only worked for 2-3 hours at a time for work study so I didn't have any qualms with the job. I did what was necessary to make a little over five dollars an hour.
Great People, Cheap lunches!
Support Faculty/Staff (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 24, 2013
A good company to start your career. Excellent environment to teach yourself new skills, but no opportunity for advancement.