Agora Financial Employee Reviews

4.3
Ratings breakdown
reasonable company and people, contract completed without any hassles
Developer/Programmer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 16, 2018
I was hired by this company to help innovate new and fix a couple existing web platform features that they've got going on on their website. There's nothing much to say really, expect that the contract cleared successfully and I got paid for my time and work. I was also able to communicate any services or additional resources I needed to be able to complete certain parts of the job and was met with understanding and was generally "left alone" to complete the job I was hired for. They're a confident company and given the chance I'd give working for them as a developer full time a chance.
Pros
communication, confident company and managers, no hassle finishing contract
Cons
nothing comes to mind, I was able to do my job
Very productive workplace... Feel fulfilled every day
Marketing Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 29, 2018
I left only due to having to move because of family troubles but otherwise (and I don't say this lightly) I don't think I'd ever want to leave Agora Financial, at least if the things stayed as they are right NOW. I felt very fulfilled in this company and beyond that, I felt appreciated for my work and was paid very well. It's a great feeling to have your work appreciated and your time respected. Very grateful to my mentor and managers who were there for me when I joined, and huge thanks to the company itself and the leadership for providing me three years of experience and learning!
Pros
office environment, team play, benefits
Enjoyed my time here
Developer/Consultant (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 14, 2018
I was on a part time contract that lasted for 13 months and I'm only a former employee because of my own reasons. Part of that is having to move. Otherwise, I'd definitely consider building a career with this company. Agora Financial, in my opinion, is one of the few remaining companies that truly care about their employees and doesn't discriminate any particular group.
Pros
felt fulfilling to work here, decent pay, and other benefits
Cons
nothing comes to mind, at this time
Had a good experience
Customer Support Agent (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJune 4, 2018
Worked customer support, and huge part of why I had a good experience was the fact that the calls were very easy to handle. Not because I'm that good at my job, but because the company doesn't play games or hassle its clients. They call in and they're usually very calm and just want information or help with a service. I held the position for a year and I always felt respected by the management and was paid very well for my job.
Pros
pay, other benefits, reputable company
Cons
opportunity to work out flexible hours
Unfortunately I had to relocate and leave my analyst post at Agora Financial
Equity Analyst (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 22, 2018
I very much enjoyed my time with Agora Financial. The last few years ever since I've joined the company I've learned a lot and my already-successful career is even richer now. I'm getting a priority interview at a company in the same industry over at where I'm moving just based on the recommendation of my manager at Agora Financal. When they heard where I'm coming from, I was met with a smile and a tone of respect. That should tell you a lot about Agora Financial and its management.
Pros
management, office environment, company culture, company direction, company vision and mission
Cons
me having to leave
Had a good two-year run with Agora Financial
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 17, 2018
Sadly I have to relocate and leave my analyst job at Agora but if I didn't have to move I'd definitely stay here for at least few more years! I say that in full confidence, I felt very supportive and respected while working for Agora Financial. My needs were met and I was able to come in and do my job each and every day of the work week, for two years straight. The fact I liked most is the management, these fellas are very straightforward and don't mess around at all, you're supposed to do your job well and you're respected and rewarded for that. Best working environment I had since I've been in Baltimore, and I've been here for 10 years and went through three companies.
Pros
job security, supportive management, opportunity to learn a lot, experience
Cons
can get a bit stressful sometimes, but I'd stay more if I could
Had a good two-year run with Agora Financial
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 17, 2018
Pros
job security, supportive management, opportunity to learn a lot, experience
Cons
can get a bit stressful sometimes, but I'd stay more if I could
Never been so excited about a job
Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 8, 2018
Albeit this is only my second "serious" job I feel very excited about making a career here after a year with my current position. The coworkers are very interested into helping out any newcomer, especially interns, and the management is basically the same. Sometimes it's hard to recognize who's management and who's a coworkers just because everyone work so well together and no one tries to get up above everyone only to look down on everyone. Feeling really great I decided to come on here and write this review :)
Pros
working hours, office environment, coworkers, management
Cons
parking lot space and design
Too much culture
Front-End Web Developer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMay 5, 2018
Young employees and managers, little experience. Really low pay. Lots of culture. My manager never got to know me, like at all. When I have managed I always new about my employees and their lives.
Contract ended perfectly - great company
Developer (Contract) (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 3, 2018
I was contracted by Agora Financial for development work and I was very nicely surprised with how well managed/organized this company is. And the people who've been there for a long time seem satisfied and content with their roles and situation. That was really nice to see. My contract ended a few weeks ago with all things taken care of including my generous salary!
Pros
good people, skilled management, employees seem really happy to be there
Cons
tough place to part at in NY office
Good company, great coworkers, long grind
Marketing Response Representative (Current Employee) –  Baltimore, MDApril 27, 2018
My typical work day involves me answering about 70-100 calls from customers calling in with issues and/or to purchase a service from us. My job is to upsell people on our frontend publications and to create leads for our premium subscriptions.
Awesome internship experience!
Intern Student (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 15, 2018
I learned A TON about the whole financial industry while I was an intern at Agora Financial! Love the company, the management and the people. Out of all the companies I've visited so far this is one of the few I really, really would want to work at long-term! Their management is relaxed but extremely professional at the same time. I notice things can get stressful sometimes but my guess is work in general can be stressful a lot of the time so it's only natural.
Pros
nice coworkers, good place to learn a ton, valuable intern experience, good management
Cons
stress when there's too much work
You know a company by its customer
Customer Support (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 9, 2018
I've worked for over two years as a customer support rep for Agora Financial and back when I first started I remember wondering what kind of a company they are. I got my answer shortly but not from management or anyone else employed but by the customers themselves. I probably spent thousands of hours on the phone with hundreds of customers over the years and it was obvious to me two years ago that these people were satisfied with the company, its people and their service. Personally, I enjoyed working in Agora because of their benefits, insurance, a warm yet professional working environment, and understanding upper management. Really satisfied and grateful to have had this experience in the financial sector!
Pros
company events, amounts of options and room to transfer between positions
Cons
a bit stressful sometimes
Fulfilling part-time experience
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  NYApril 2, 2018
I've longed for a chance to experience the work environment in the financial industry of any kind...And I got just what I wanted with Agora Financial. I've worked part-time at the company, I was received very and the people I worked with directly seemed relaxed but motivated to complete their daily tasks and one particular thing I noticed - no one was EVER stressed out or noticeably annoyed by any customer! This is the first company I worked for that had this kind of a bit stressed, quick paced, but highly collaborative and motivated employee environment. Very pleased with my time there and I'll definitely go back if I get the chance to do so.

Thank you.
Pros
the employees are incredibly motivated which created a fulfilling working experience for me as well
Cons
too fast paced sometimes for me
Wonderful job experience with Agora, amazing company, even better people
Front-End Developer/Designer (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDMarch 21, 2018
The person who reviewed before me is right: Agora is filled with thoughtful, knowledgeable people who are supportive at the same time! If you're a hard worker, you're going to have a good time! If you're lazy, maybe not so much... I loved being a part of Agora Financial for the two years I've been with the company. This company takes good care of their employees - just like they do with their customers!

AF offers great employee benefits and you just feel like a part of something bigger there. Sadly I had to leave because of re-locating with my whole family up north! Otherwise, I'd definitely stay with Agora!
Pros
benefits, events, salary, work hours, supportive environment, great management
Cons
my only con is not being able to stay here longer...
Depends on what you're looking for.
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MDFebruary 24, 2017
Agora Financial can be a great place to work for the right people.

If you are truly a self-starter who enjoys learning on your own outside of work hours, you'll do well.

The culture of AF is actually pretty good. Work hard, play hard is the motto...and I think it sums it all up perfectly. Most people are really quite nice and supportive

One thing to keep in mind is your preferred management style. Unfortunately, I found myself in a position where my boss's management style and my learning style did not match and it turned very toxic very quickly.

The benefits are pretty good, though: salary (sometimes plus commission), health care, life insurance, 401(k), decent vacation & personal time. They offer a lot of free fitness classes and discounts in the mount vernon area.
Pros
benefits, company-wide events, ability to move between affiliates/positions
Cons
pay, long hours (no overtime pay)