AgReliant Genetics Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great place
Corn Researcher (part-time) (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, INJanuary 8, 2018
Loved everything about this job the people, the work environment, the work. I enjoyed working with people that made the work enjoyable and interesting. Each day was new and never the same as the day before. I had to leave due to moving out of the county.
Super bueno
Shobaggin (Former Employee) –  LajasJanuary 7, 2018
Muy interesante se aprende mucho el personal muy educado y responsable con su trabajo
Pros
Cons
Nada
Hard work, good crew
Farm Hand (Former Employee) –  Haven, KSJanuary 5, 2018
Company breeds experimental corn lines for testing. The work is tough but the pay is fair, understanding for needed days off (reasonably) but harsh on repeated mistakes, as each mistake risks millions in lost corn lineages. Not a job for lazy or weak people.
Safe enviroment.
Production (Former Employee) –  Decatur, IL 62523December 7, 2017
The work is hard, but rewarding. Frequent breaks keeps employees happy and energized. Coffee is always available when needed, and employees are generally happy.
Hard Work
Field Worker (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, INMay 10, 2017
It really depends on what group you are in. There are three main groups and they vary in size. Depending on the group, work starts at 7 - 9am. Work can go until 4 or later. Raises are pretty good and come once a year.
Pros
scheduled breaks
Cons
Well over 100 degrees long days
Very stressful for the amount of pay
Seasonal Worker (Former Employee) –  Fort Branch, INMay 10, 2017
Worked in very hot conditions for little pay. Although we got paid overtime I was not fond of the way our boss treated us out in the fields. Worked there one summer, probably wouldn't go back.
Fun work environment while being very productive
Corn Researcher (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, INFebruary 20, 2017
AgReliant Genetics is a very diverse place, learning new skills, while being very productive, and having a great time. Every summer was a new adventure, while making new friends and being outside. The days varied depending on the weather, working inside or outside. Rain or shine we always had a job to do.
Pros
new friends, new skills
Still Smiling
Internship Research Technician (Former Employee) –  Kirkland, ILJanuary 22, 2017
This place is wonderful to work for! I got along easily and stayed there for seven years. It really helped me grow as a person. It is continuing to help me grow as I list my mentors as my references for job applications. There is not an aspect of this job that I didn't go into without a smile.
It's very tiring
Corn pollinater (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, INSeptember 27, 2016
A normal work day is very hot and tiring. You are in a corn field all day and get two 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch. The people are fun to be around though
Building company
Seed Lab Manager (Former Employee) –  Elmwood, ILJuly 16, 2016
The company wants to become a top five player in the seed industry. I had freedom to expand my talents. I moved to support my parents when my fathers health was failing.
Production Manager (Former Employee) –  Elmwood, ILJune 15, 2016
Lots of variety in the work performed. Challenging learning environment. Overtime likely throughout the year. Shift changes vary during busy times of year.
Great Place
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Aroma Park, ILApril 15, 2016
I love working here. great staff . They are family orentinated company. I have learned alot more about payroll, invoicing, HR.
My job is steady nice pace.It gets busy during shipping season, return and Harvest. I love this place
Field offers a good work environment
Field Assistant (Current Employee) –  Elmwood, ILMarch 29, 2016
I enjoy working in the field during the summer. It offers good experience and work environment to learn in. The company offers meetings to provide information before going out to the field.
Good place to work at
Secretary/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Lowe Rd. Aroma Park, IlNovember 2, 2015
I answered phones, filing, data entry, faxed hours for payroll to the main office, ect.I left there because I was needed at home.
Pros
Good people to work for
Great summer job
Detasseler (Former Employee) –  Warrensburg, ILAugust 31, 2015
You walk fields all day doing what you are told to do, it's a great summer job if you can handle the heat. The supervisors were all good, everyone was easy to work with. The work wasn't hard just need to be able to walk long distances and handle the temperatures. You get a good amount of breaks to stay hydrated and to use the restrooms. Overall it's a pretty easy and good job.
Excellent Job for Seasonal Summer Work
Field Crew (Former Employee) –  Lebanon, INJuly 10, 2015
A typical day consisted of walking through the corn field and performing steps necessary to pollinate, such as covering shoots and bagging pollen. As I walked through the field I also helped clean out weeds. I learned a lot about the biology of corn and the different strains of corn. I also learned a lot about work ethic and manual labor. The management was great; they were always available for questions and helping to perform the task. Co-workers were always great and it was easy to work as a team. The hardest part of the job was the hot sun and being itchy from the corn. The most enjoyable part of the job was being outside breathing fresh air.
Pros
Opportunity for Rehire, Outdoors Work
Cons
Sunburn, Corn Rash
seasonal worker but was always busy
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Ames, IAJuly 2, 2015
they treated you nice,laid back place to work,sup.was understand able. if it was to hot outside we would go back to the shop to work,there was always something different to do
Pros
to hot or raining they would keep me busy
Cons
seasonal
cheap skates!
laborer (Former Employee) –  ovidFebruary 9, 2015
$7.25 an hour for a place like that is ridiculous! Working your a!! off for them and thats all they are willing to pay? They "claim" to be a leader in agriculture, which means they are making money. Those kinds nd of wages are a slap on the face! Shame on you! There are guys there making a pretty penny, while you make the hardest jobs $7.25 an hour. I'm glad all you big shots can sleep at night. Horrible horrible company! Wouldn't send anyone their way!
Pros
Cons
everything
Mediocre Summer Job
Summer Help/Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Aroma Park, ILDecember 9, 2014
Workers consist of primarily individuals from temp-services with no real qualifications. Management sees these employees as expendable and replacable. Not much trust or communication between staff and management.
Not good
pollinator (Former Employee) –  Westfield, INJuly 22, 2014
This job was very hard. I worked outside all day in the heat of july and August. This job was very repetitive and slow.
Cons
slow, repetitave, not enough breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at AgReliant Genetics. Our community is ready to answer.