Agri-Mark, Inc. / Cabot Creamery Employee Reviews

Excellent Job
Cut & Wrap Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Cabot, VTJanuary 24, 2019
I would recommend this place to anyone looking for a good work environment and amazing company to work for. I woukd go back to work for this company in a heartbeat
Problems with maintenance support staff and management
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  West Springfield, MAOctober 30, 2018
The Maint. dept has been treated as a necessary evil rather than a necessary partner for many years causing it to have poor working conditions, staff infighting and low morale. It already runs 7 days a week requiring support and add the above mentioned problems doesn't help. Too bad since it has good pay and benefits. West springfield facility reviewed.
Pros
good benefits and pay
Cons
unhealthy working conditions and fighting.
Production Worker (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Middlebury, VTOctober 13, 2018
Made boxes, filled the boxes with cheese. Pushed cheese into chambers, when they were ready banned and tagged said boxes. Brought in extra parts to stations and helped clean.
Pros
8 hour nights
Cons
N/a
Too much drama.
Retail Associate/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Waterbury, VTSeptember 23, 2018
This was not a good place to work. I was having problems with other employees when I was there. One was very disrespectful tp me when she was training me, another, who started when I did, was harassing me. she was acting like she was my boss and wouldn't leave me alone. I talked to the manager and she became her apologist and ignored me. I asked to talk to another supervisor and she refused to talk to me about the problems I was having with this employee. This got worse over time. I was fired under some very suspicious circumstances. I used to wonder why the manager and the supervisor would not address the issues I was having. This was during an introductory period, that me and the other employee were on. After I was let go I realized the reason they would not talk to the other new employee was because they were protecting. They did me a favor by letting me go.
Pros
Employee discount.
Cons
Bad management and hostile work environment.
Poor Management
Cold Store Store (Current Employee) –  Middlebury, VTJuly 21, 2018
If you want to advance you have to wait years before they find someone to take your spot. If they don't want you to move your stuck there. Management always blames employees for stuff that goes wrong.
Pros
Good pay and beneifits
Cons
Advancement Very slow and Very fast paced
Decent pay, poor environment
Cut and Wrap (Former Employee) –  Danville, VTMay 25, 2018
Pay was pretty good, I was on call and made 16.25 per hour. That was the best part, didn't like much else. Hard on the back and joints with repetitive movement, mind numbing work, lots of drama and talking about other people behind there back.
Pros
pay
Cons
work environment
great place
Inventory Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Montpelier, VT 05602December 8, 2017
was a great place to work but my life changed when i started a family
needed to be home on time to pick kids up from daycare so i needed to get done mite go back
Community based business interacting with tourists
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Waterbury Ctr, VTJuly 4, 2017
I enjoyed the tourism aspect of the job, especially being able to use my rusty French with the tourists. I learned a lot about the Cabot line of products and the community aspect of the contributing farms.
The supervisors and co-workers were pleasant and helpful and it was generally a pleasant place to work.
Temp Data Entry (Former Employee) –  Cabot, VTJune 23, 2017
This was only a temporary work position that I took on through Kelly Services but the short time that I was there I found the management and other employees to be pleasant to work with.
Pros
Good work atmosphere
Cons
Temporary job
Stressful Place to work with good pay.
Sanitary Welder / Maintenance Technician (Current Employee) –  Cabot, VTJune 19, 2017
Poor management brings unnecessary stress factors. More often than not repairs need to be made and the parts that are needed are not in stock. There is no communication between shifts so employees are left in the dark of situations that need to be resolved. Poor planning leads to last minute schedule changes. I do enjoy what I do, I enjoy welding and fixing problems.
Pros
Excellent benefits and pay.
Cons
Poor management, poor planning, no communication between shifts
Chances for advancement
Assistant Accounts Payable (Former Employee) –  Cabot, VTAugust 19, 2015
Entered lots of invoices, was a lot of work at the end of the month due to invoices being turned in late from the different departments. Had to talk with different vendors almost on a daily basis. Every week we did a check run
Pros
Good Benefits
Cons
Late invoices
Good seasonal part-time job
Seasonal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLMay 4, 2015
Nice group of people, interesting work and products. The pay is above average for this type of position.

Co-workers were terrific to work with.

As this is seasonal and the management constantly changes, there is little job security as far as being assigned events, otherwise great company to work for!

Hardest part of the job is standing for long hours.

Most enjoyable part of job is interacting with people!
Pros
good pay
Cons
management continuously changes
Not consistant
Sales (Former Employee) –  PAJanuary 29, 2015
Very hard work with long hours. Have seen many employees worked right out the door. A "good ol' boy" company. Lots of hidden agendas.
Pros
Expense accounts
Cons
Too much to type
Unreliable
Cut & Wrap Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Cabot, VTApril 19, 2012
When I first started there in 2011, I was promised that I wouldn't get laid off before Christmas for the slow season. I got laid off two weeks BEFORE Christmas. Not only that, but slow seasons is supposed to last 1-2 months- I've been without work since the middle of December. They also wouldn't renew my unemployment like they're supposed to. Over all don't feel that they are thoughtfull to their part time employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Agri-Mark, Inc. / Cabot Creamery. Our community is ready to answer.

Agri-Mark, Inc. / Cabot Creamery Reviews by Location