Agropur Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Bad Work Environment
Bagger (Former Employee) –  Le Sueur, MNAugust 13, 2018
While I worked here I was constantly doing the jobs of my superiors and I did not get the compensation for doing their jobs. We constantly worked with products where we should have worn masks but were never provided masks.
Overall not bad to work there
ASSISTANT LINE LEADER (Former Employee) –  Lacrosse, WIJune 10, 2018
It's not a bad job, but it also needs a lot of work. It can be hot on the lime and some lines are set up in a way that makes it hard to leave for bathroom breaks. Morale is low and lots of u happy people.
Pros
Decent pay
Cons
Hot, you have to build hours each pay period for vacations and to have sick time.
Agropur Change
Manager (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIMay 29, 2018
Agropur is a good company to work for. There is a lot of restructuring happening now, change is good because it promotes growth. The Corporate Leadership is excellent - top notch, however changes still need to be made at local levels.
Pros
Great corporate structure working hard to make positive change.
Cons
Local attitudes still very individual and not supportive of corporate change.
wearhouse worker (Former Employee) –  New Brighton, MNMay 20, 2018
Hours were good and friendly employees. I was trained well and had a lot of training time that was well worth it. This is a good place to work not stressful.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Pay could be more
Stable work environment
Perm operator (Former Employee) –  Luxemburg, WIMay 10, 2018
I enjoyed my coworkers and the work environment. Management was fair and encouraging to everyone. Payscale was good and raises where giving to employees. I would recommend someone to work at agropur
Pros
Grear work environment and management
Cons
Night shift only available
Busy and working together
Microbiology Technician (Former Employee) –  MinnesotaApril 2, 2018
It was a good place to work. People work together here and I enjoyed getting to know other. Management and worker seem to have a good relationship overall
Pros
good people
Cons
standing all day!
Great Pay
Whey Operator (Former Employee) –  Weyauwega, WIApril 2, 2018
Agropur knows how to compensate it's employees. But that's where I feel it ends. Hard to advance thru the company. I felt once they had you trained in a position they wanted you to stay at that position. It happened to me and many other co-workers. I seen time after time they would give the position to a outsider with less experience vs promoting within.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Promotions
Poor Management
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 21, 2018
Management refuses to work with employs to produce a better working system. Employees are overworked and almost every department is understaffed. The turnover rate is super high in every department. But instead of fixing the situation as a whole, temps are hired and fired on a constant basis.
Horrible management. No communication. Poor pay. Run while you can!
Assistant Line Leader (Former Employee) –  La Crosse, WIMarch 14, 2018
By far the worst company I have ever worked for. Supervision is pathetic. No communication whatsoever. There are more cameras on the production floor than you would find in a high security prison. Supervisors sit in their office and watch them all day. They don't care about peoples safety at all. Quantity is all that matters even if it puts peoples lives in jeapardy. They hire through temp agencies and give you people that pretty much just got out of jail and then expect you to be a miracle worker. They are constantly short-staffed because they treat people like garbage The pay is also garbage for as hard as they expect you to work. I could go on for days about how terrible this company is to work for and not even touch the surface of how bad it is. I wouldn't reccomend my worst enemy to apply here.
Pros
You are surrounded by drug addicts and criminals that make you feel better about your life
Cons
Production employees were great to work with, Management needs some PR work.
QA Manager (Former Employee) –  Le Sueur, MNMarch 13, 2018
Culture - Old world practices from previous owners (Davisco Inc). example quote: "If you need more than 2 weeks off in a year we don't need you as an employee" didn't matter if you had worked 1 year or 20.
Even though Agropur has remedied this, that mentality is still in place.
Upper management need to learn to trust and utilize those they employ to be successful, they hired them for a reason.
I enjoyed working with the production staff and the employees on the floor. I believe we were working towards making cultural changes prior to my departure.
Training technique, needs improvement.
High turnover on the floor.
Agropur needs to step in to remove the old ways of former employer.
Pay scale needs to be adjusted (considerably) for entry level positions.
I was able to take a lot away from this role, including knowledge of dairy processes, handling many types of audit situations including FDA, USDA, halal, and many customer audits. Also, improved on some leadership qualities and realize how not to make the same mistakes I saw. (treat everyone with compassion and consideration, don't make assumptions)
Pros
good benefits, profit sharing for salary, friendly employees, salary scales were within reason
Cons
Profit sharing for salary only, poor culture, extremely controlling management techniques, in adequate training programs, wages for production too low
fun
Quality Assurance Manager (Current Employee) –  Lake Norden, SDMarch 10, 2018
This is an excellent place to work. The people are wonderful and so is the company overall. It is a great opportunity for anyone looking for a career in the dairy industry.
Downstream Operator (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIMarch 7, 2018
Great place to work, fast pace time goes by good if running. Lots of cleaning but that is normal working with food. Friendly and helpful management always willing to help.
Pros
Pay all the ot u want
Not bad
Back up line lead- Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Lacrosse, WIFebruary 27, 2018
It’s not a bad place to work, it’s just very political and slow paced. Unorganized. Communication is very poor between management. Treat employees poorly even hard working ones
Great place with great benefits
Cold Storage Lead (Former Employee) –  Weyauwega, WIFebruary 7, 2018
Fair and friendly work culture with cooperative interdepartmental relationships. Good pay and good benefits. Good management. Fair and equitable employee recognition. Safe place to work,
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Typical corporate functions
Associate Scientist (Current Employee) –  Eden Prairie, MNFebruary 6, 2018
Flexible working hours and good compensation. Office is small enough to be able to know all co-workers and the freedom to socialize as wanted. A few departments feel understaffed which makes things more stressful at times. We are a global company though which can allow opportunity to travel to exciting places.
Pros
Breakfast Friday, Small teams
Cons
New management has shaken things up
Productive and relaxed
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Saint Paul, MNJanuary 23, 2018
I enjoy my time working as a Machine Operator at Agropur , the work environment is great and my co-worker s are great. Everyone gets treated equally and with great respect .
Pros
Free food on Sundays
Cons
20 minute breaks throug out a 12 hour shift
Intake Operator (Current Employee) –  Twin Falls, IDJanuary 14, 2018
Although the job can be stressful sometimes, the fast pace workday makes work go by quickly. The days off are ones you can't beat, 3 to 4 days off because you work every other Sunday. Sunday is double time pay so that's a nice boost to your check. I working milk receiving, the environment is pretty nice and the work isn't difficult. The manager leaves you alone for the most part unless you need something or he wants to let you know about a new S.O.P. Laziness is not appreciated anywhere in the plant, everyone is there to work and go home at the end of their shift. Benefits are decent, although you have your vacation time as soon as you're hired.
Pros
Days off, vacation, pay
Cons
Closed campus work day
Interesting environment
Food Technologist (Current Employee) –  La Crosse, WIJanuary 13, 2018
The people are a good group. Socialization is easy as opportunities are presented often. Supervision can be taxing at times. Expectations can be vague at times.
Pros
Good people to work with
Cons
High deductable on health care.
Productive and fast paced
Production Line Stacker (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIJanuary 12, 2018
Great place for those that do not want to be stuck behind a desk, and love to move around. Only requirement is that the applicant be 18, and willing to work.
Don't work in Milk Receiving.
Milk Receiving (Former Employee) –  Jerome, IDDecember 20, 2017
The manager over Milk Receiving is just awful. He's always in a bad mood, doesn't care about his people at all. Never checks on you or talks to you unless it's necessary. Looks at you and talks to you like he's so much better then you and you're a moron.

The plant pays good and has good benefits. That's about all it has going for it.
Pros
the pay
Cons
lack of breaks