Agua Caliente Band of Cahuilla Indians Employee Reviews

Love this Tribe!
Executive Planning Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAMay 7, 2018
Working for the ACBCI, it's counsel, membership and the Tribe's many committees, advisors and cooperating agencies gave me experience and education that my family could never have afforded, much less even considered to provide for me.
Great Company
GIS Analyst (Current Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJanuary 16, 2018
Learn a lot and try new and exciting adventures and projects. Growing company. Great boss and try to keep you well educated and involved with the company.
Pros
Free Lunches, Security and Good Coworkers
Cons
Compensation and Medical
Management is poorly educated
Employee (Current Employee) –  CaliforniaNovember 15, 2017
Employees spend too much time on manipulations and gossips instead of performing their job duties. HR needs to perform more training on discrimination and other EEO topics.
Excellent support from company staff.
Editor and Research Assistant to Dr. Lowell Bean (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CA 92264February 11, 2017
Very supportive company that allowed me to telecommute my contractual editing and writing responsibilities. Gave me the opportunity to work with Dr. Lowell Bean assisting research and developing a detailed index for the resulting manuscript.
a fun place to work.
Mail Runner (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage CaliforniaSeptember 22, 2016
The best part of this job was dealing with all my co-workers and getting my job done in a timely matter. I enjoy working with people.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
being a courier for the company the con was dealing with arrogant bad drivers on the road
A great employer.
Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJuly 15, 2016
Working for ACBCI was a life learning experience on all levels of maintaining employment, work related safety, and opportunity of advancement. During the summer months we use to take out fountain grass from the water ways. To do so you needed to be careful of one's surroundings because of rattlesnakes.That team work of co-workers was a must, and earned with respect.
Great work place, excellent benefits, Fair & professional Management staff
Gaming Compliance (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CASeptember 21, 2014
Shift briefing first order of the day, what happen previous shift, what is pending to be done and what is coming on the shift that needs attention.

Team work - peers and Management, same goal. A good team, professional, friendly and helpful.

I wouldn't say the job was hard, I think it was stressful at times, deadlines too close, equipment not functioning as expected etc, but overall, it was most satisfying. We were trained well in all tasks and Management was always available for assistance, so nothing else, it was not hard at all.

The most enjoyable part was the people we worked with, peers and Management. Team work makes a difference. We were well trained, we had established and well defined guidelines, good benefits and we were paid reasonable well. The job was challenging at times, some situations unavoidable and unpleasant, but at the end of the shift, it was all good. We had the support of our team and the confidence of our Management.
Pros
The food was plenty and free.
Cons
Health care was an issue because of the cost, it changed almost every year, and always with an increment.
Change Assistant and Data Mover (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJune 14, 2013
Very good place to work. Wonderful and talented group of people.