Agua Caliente Casino • Resort • Spa Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Poor managemnt and no job security
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAJune 21, 2018
The worst management I have ever encountered. They don't reward their most loyal employees or the ones that work the hardest. I have seen their best employees get fired for no good reason. They will spit you out if they decide they don't like you., use and discard. If there is any place that needs a union it is this place.
Pros
Free lunch and insurance
Cons
Terrible point system, 10 points and you are fired, you get points for being sick or for being a minute late, people came to work sick because they were afraid of being fired.
Not protective and no job security.
Can't say. Indian controlled. (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, Ca. and Rancho Mirage, Ca.May 26, 2018
Low Pay. Expected to work all shifts. Not given enough hours to be financially responsible. It is Indian land so they can break all state laws and employees have no recourse. Watch out, if someone important doesn't like you. You are history very fast with no recourse. Every one or two years, you have to reapply for you gaming license to work anywhere at the casino.
Pros
Free lunches; but, fattening lunches. Very good sandwiches.
Cons
No job security.
Easy going and fun
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAMay 21, 2018
Team collaboration is great good mix of talent
New ideas for Events and new techniques
OK manangement
Tight deadlines
very friendly staff always willing to help
Pros
Free lunches and good benifits
Cons
not too much advancement
casino inviroment
Culinary II (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAMay 20, 2018
Got to see and talk to ALL employees in the casino. Personally got to make meals for the employees, I learned all the employees names and got to know there likes and dislikes. I will have their lunch ready when they go to their lunch break.
Pros
getting to know everybody
Cons
no complaints
Not a fair place
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAMay 5, 2018
Don't bother, they really only like hiring their own and it isn't an equal opportunity if you ask me. Not cool at all, stay away at all costs if you can.
fast pace,high engry
Line cook/banquets (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAMay 2, 2018
over all a good job fast pace,learned alot about recipes and just to far of a drive for me with the hrs,they give you benefits witch is good and paid and sick time.
Good experience
PLAYER DEVELOPMENT CONCIERGE (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAMay 1, 2018
Great place to work, nice people to work with. I enjoyed working there.
Great department to work at!
Players Club Representative (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAApril 23, 2018
I regret leaving this position in the first place, but things happen! This is a very easy job and you work with nice people everyday no matter if morning or swing shift. They always worked around my schedule and allowed me to be able to have time to study and have somewhat of a social life! I couldn't complain if I wanted more hours though.
Pros
Free food, easy job, great pay for the little work needed.
Cons
The smoke, I feel the ventilation system sucks and no matter what you say they wouldn't do anything about it.
Fun place to work
Showroom Usher (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAApril 8, 2018
It was a fun place to work, unfortunately, I only worked on the weekends. I had a family to support and working only on the weekends was not suffiencent enough.
Agua Caliente is a fun and rewarding place to work with benefits and employee motivated and rewarding.
Cashier and Barista (Current Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAMarch 13, 2018
Working at Agua Caliente Casino was always a fun day. Meeting new and repeat customers i built friendships and enjoyed everyday at work. The company appreciates their employees and rewards them thru out the year.
Pros
Free lunches, bonuses, and relaxed atmosphere to work.
Great teamwork
Main Banker (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAMarch 6, 2018
Good pay, the tips were good. Opportunity to move to different positions. Free meals. Working graveyard is tough. Attendance policy is strict: no late grace period, double points on holiday weekends.
Pros
Free meals, tips
Cons
Grave shift, super strict attendance policy
Both educating and fun
telephone only Player Development specialist (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAFebruary 23, 2018
a wonderful place to work in a very unique environment. was given the best of training, time to get used to specialized computer programs and worked with a handful of the best people in the business.
Pros
free lunches even though we were not full time employees, great working conditions.
Cons
not enough overtime.
i love the people and staff its a great work environment
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJanuary 20, 2018
this place is easy going the people and staff i enjoyed very much its a wonderful work environment on busy days like weekends can be a bit much but it gave me the push i needed to get threw my work schedule i have learned a lot here how to deal with people so my people skills are great due to working here the hardest part about working here is the weekends but i enjoyed getting threw it and accomplishing what i started
Pros
people skills
Cons
tough weekends
good workplace
Surveillance Agent (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAJanuary 12, 2018
moved from doing security at spa casino to working surveillance at agua. really easy people to work with. any time you needed a day off, it wasn't a big deal you just had to give them sufficient enough time to schedule someone else. wish I didn't have to quit
Great place too work
Barback (Current Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CADecember 22, 2017
Its a great company great benefits and great managers and great team workers and great place to work too discounts too places great hours flexible hours
Banquet server
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAOctober 22, 2017
The change from a room to a salon of an event is so wander full start with the set up of the tables color of tablecloths, silverware , food and the event is ready to greet our guests, attend to them serve the food make that this event a great success for them and us.
Pros
love this job
Cons
my schedule is not good
Fun Place- non stop fast lane>
Chef de Cuisine (Current Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAOctober 19, 2017
Nice place for those with an extraordinary sense of 'anticipation' for things to come- [otherwise you have to wait for a while for things to happen]- Management Cares but unable to act as 'pronto' -to much of 'red-tape' -Indian Gaming set the rules of the game-so management sometimes overlooks your progress-
Pros
discounts for shows.
Cons
not enough time off>
Horrible management
Massage therapist (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAOctober 7, 2017
I was harassed while pregnant, the management does not protect the therapists against harassment. I was also terminated during maternity leave and because they are Indian owned I could not take legal action. I would never recommend this place to anyone!
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Horrible management
Great place to build experience !
RETAIL CLERK (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CASeptember 5, 2017
With a Casino open 24 hours as long as you do your job efficiently and keep in good graces you have the opportunity to advance. They have plenty of advancement opportunities so long as you keep a good work ethic.
Pros
Free lunches, Holiday pay, Benefits, company appreciation events.
Cons
Depending on what department you work for you will have to be working holidays and late hours.
ambiente de trabajo agradable
Buffet Server (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAAugust 28, 2017
Una persona responsable.comprometido con su trabajo y que crea buen ambiente con sus compañeros .trabajo duro y rapido
Pros
beneficios bienvenidos
Cons
un tiempo para un cafe