Agua Caliente Casino • Resort • Spa Employee Reviews

Once you become full time you wear a bullseye on your head
Dealer/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAOctober 18, 2018
Worst company you can possibly work for. Members of human resources even lie and have others lie just to deny your unemployment. They hate paying benefits and once you become full time watch your back. They would gladly fire you no matter how long you've been there or how well you've worked as long as they can fill the room with on call personnel. But at least you'll get a frozen turkey for your Christmas bonus ( oh but only during certain hours) And don't work in the poker room for sure as the imbecile they have for a manager will run whats left of a pathetic room to ashes.
Fast paced casino resort environment
Sr. Chef de cuisine (Current Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAOctober 4, 2018
I started with Agua Caliente in 2009 as a culinary 2, through hard work I have been promoted all the way to senior chef de cuisine. It is a fast paced environment and hard work. The Company is team member oriented and cares for success with in the company. It’s has been a rewarding career for me.
Management was not good
Database Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAOctober 2, 2018
Their systems are very old and they do not have good upper management. Not not on the floor, but in the administrative offices. They were promoting people that were not qualified for the job.
Poor Management
Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CASeptember 12, 2018
The management does not communicate with staff. The expectation is that staff makes management look good without knowing the business plan or goals. There is too much indecision at higher levels.
Poor managemnt and no job security
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAJune 21, 2018
The worst management I have ever encountered. They don't reward their most loyal employees or the ones that work the hardest. I have seen their best employees get fired for no good reason. They will spit you out if they decide they don't like you., use and discard. If there is any place that needs a union it is this place.
Pros
Free lunch and insurance
Cons
Terrible point system, 10 points and you are fired, you get points for being sick or for being a minute late, people came to work sick because they were afraid of being fired.
Stressful
Server (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAJune 18, 2018
I was employed by them for five years and within those five years we went through eleven mangers. Although you get the hours you are hired for, they do offer benefits and in some departments money is amazing. it is an extremely stressful place to work.
Not protective and no job security.
Can't say. Indian controlled. (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, Ca. and Rancho Mirage, Ca.May 26, 2018
Low Pay. Expected to work all shifts. Not given enough hours to be financially responsible. It is Indian land so they can break all state laws and employees have no recourse. Watch out, if someone important doesn't like you. You are history very fast with no recourse. Every one or two years, you have to reapply for you gaming license to work anywhere at the casino.
Pros
Free lunches; but, fattening lunches. Very good sandwiches.
Cons
No job security.
Easy going and fun
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAMay 21, 2018
Team collaboration is great good mix of talent
New ideas for Events and new techniques
OK manangement
Tight deadlines
very friendly staff always willing to help
Pros
Free lunches and good benifits
Cons
not too much advancement
casino inviroment
Culinary II (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAMay 20, 2018
Got to see and talk to ALL employees in the casino. Personally got to make meals for the employees, I learned all the employees names and got to know there likes and dislikes. I will have their lunch ready when they go to their lunch break.
Pros
getting to know everybody
Cons
no complaints
Not a fair place
Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAMay 5, 2018
Don't bother, they really only like hiring their own and it isn't an equal opportunity if you ask me. Not cool at all, stay away at all costs if you can.
fast pace,high engry
Line cook/banquets (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAMay 2, 2018
over all a good job fast pace,learned alot about recipes and just to far of a drive for me with the hrs,they give you benefits witch is good and paid and sick time.
Good experience
PLAYER DEVELOPMENT CONCIERGE (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAMay 1, 2018
Great place to work, nice people to work with. I enjoyed working there.
Great department to work at!
Players Club Representative (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAApril 23, 2018
I regret leaving this position in the first place, but things happen! This is a very easy job and you work with nice people everyday no matter if morning or swing shift. They always worked around my schedule and allowed me to be able to have time to study and have somewhat of a social life! I couldn't complain if I wanted more hours though.
Pros
Free food, easy job, great pay for the little work needed.
Cons
The smoke, I feel the ventilation system sucks and no matter what you say they wouldn't do anything about it.
Fun place to work
Showroom Usher (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAApril 8, 2018
It was a fun place to work, unfortunately, I only worked on the weekends. I had a family to support and working only on the weekends was not suffiencent enough.
Agua Caliente is a fun and rewarding place to work with benefits and employee motivated and rewarding.
Cashier and Barista (Current Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAMarch 13, 2018
Working at Agua Caliente Casino was always a fun day. Meeting new and repeat customers i built friendships and enjoyed everyday at work. The company appreciates their employees and rewards them thru out the year.
Pros
Free lunches, bonuses, and relaxed atmosphere to work.
Great teamwork
Main Banker (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAMarch 6, 2018
Good pay, the tips were good. Opportunity to move to different positions. Free meals. Working graveyard is tough. Attendance policy is strict: no late grace period, double points on holiday weekends.
Pros
Free meals, tips
Cons
Grave shift, super strict attendance policy
Both educating and fun
telephone only Player Development specialist (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAFebruary 23, 2018
a wonderful place to work in a very unique environment. was given the best of training, time to get used to specialized computer programs and worked with a handful of the best people in the business.
Pros
free lunches even though we were not full time employees, great working conditions.
Cons
not enough overtime.
i love the people and staff its a great work environment
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CAJanuary 20, 2018
this place is easy going the people and staff i enjoyed very much its a wonderful work environment on busy days like weekends can be a bit much but it gave me the push i needed to get threw my work schedule i have learned a lot here how to deal with people so my people skills are great due to working here the hardest part about working here is the weekends but i enjoyed getting threw it and accomplishing what i started
Pros
people skills
Cons
tough weekends
good workplace
Surveillance Agent (Former Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAJanuary 12, 2018
moved from doing security at spa casino to working surveillance at agua. really easy people to work with. any time you needed a day off, it wasn't a big deal you just had to give them sufficient enough time to schedule someone else. wish I didn't have to quit
Great place too work
Barback (Current Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CADecember 22, 2017
Its a great company great benefits and great managers and great team workers and great place to work too discounts too places great hours flexible hours