Agua Caliente Casino • Resort • Spa Employee Reviews

Once you become full time you wear a bullseye on your head
Dealer/Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAOctober 18, 2018
Worst company you can possibly work for. Members of human resources even lie and have others lie just to deny your unemployment. They hate paying benefits and once you become full time watch your back. They would gladly fire you no matter how long you've been there or how well you've worked as long as they can fill the room with on call personnel. But at least you'll get a frozen turkey for your Christmas bonus ( oh but only during certain hours) And don't work in the poker room for sure as the imbecile they have for a manager will run whats left of a pathetic room to ashes.
Stressful
Server (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAJune 18, 2018
I was employed by them for five years and within those five years we went through eleven mangers. Although you get the hours you are hired for, they do offer benefits and in some departments money is amazing. it is an extremely stressful place to work.
Easy going and fun
Graphic Designer (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAMay 21, 2018
Team collaboration is great good mix of talent
New ideas for Events and new techniques
OK manangement
Tight deadlines
very friendly staff always willing to help
Pros
Free lunches and good benifits
Cons
not too much advancement
fast pace,high engry
Line cook/banquets (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAMay 2, 2018
over all a good job fast pace,learned alot about recipes and just to far of a drive for me with the hrs,they give you benefits witch is good and paid and sick time.
Poor managemnt and no job security
Server/Waiter (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAJune 21, 2018
The worst management I have ever encountered. They don't reward their most loyal employees or the ones that work the hardest. I have seen their best employees get fired for no good reason. They will spit you out if they decide they don't like you., use and discard. If there is any place that needs a union it is this place.
Pros
Free lunch and insurance
Cons
Terrible point system, 10 points and you are fired, you get points for being sick or for being a minute late, people came to work sick because they were afraid of being fired.
Agua Caliente Casino and Resort sucks.
SteakHouse Server (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CANovember 8, 2018
Casino Agua Caliente does not care for their employees. They do not pay for over time, and makes their workers pay their full taxes because they are under Indian Reserve and they do not have to pay taxes. Therefore, they make their workers pay 18% of their tips to the IRS from their sales, even though most of the time they make only 10% of tips from their sales.
Pros
experience
Cons
Unsufficent profit
Fast paced casino resort environment
Sr. Chef de cuisine (Current Employee) –  Palm Desert, CAOctober 4, 2018
I started with Agua Caliente in 2009 as a culinary 2, through hard work I have been promoted all the way to senior chef de cuisine. It is a fast paced environment and hard work. The Company is team member oriented and cares for success with in the company. It’s has been a rewarding career for me.
Management was not good
Database Analyst (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAOctober 2, 2018
Their systems are very old and they do not have good upper management. Not not on the floor, but in the administrative offices. They were promoting people that were not qualified for the job.
Poor Management
Support Manager (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, CASeptember 12, 2018
The management does not communicate with staff. The expectation is that staff makes management look good without knowing the business plan or goals. There is too much indecision at higher levels.
Not protective and no job security.
Can't say. Indian controlled. (Former Employee) –  Palm Springs, Ca. and Rancho Mirage, Ca.May 26, 2018
Low Pay. Expected to work all shifts. Not given enough hours to be financially responsible. It is Indian land so they can break all state laws and employees have no recourse. Watch out, if someone important doesn't like you. You are history very fast with no recourse. Every one or two years, you have to reapply for you gaming license to work anywhere at the casino.
Pros
Free lunches; but, fattening lunches. Very good sandwiches.
Cons
No job security.
Stressful
Steward (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CADecember 13, 2018
Being a steward was very stressful. There were days I would get a huge workload due to banquets and also for the kitchen. You would have to work fast to finish quickly, if not the workload will pile up. The employees made it manageable to work as a steward.
I like the job and the boss
Escort (Former Employee) –  4 LADYSDecember 9, 2018
The pepole was nice two all.Noe matter woo came in..You just have two know hat pepole are.Some days is meet be slow.Time come and go.But the has been day,s
Pros
Ya.Nag
Cons
Sof
Great place to build experience !
RETAIL CLERK (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CASeptember 5, 2017
With a Casino open 24 hours as long as you do your job efficiently and keep in good graces you have the opportunity to advance. They have plenty of advancement opportunities so long as you keep a good work ethic.
Pros
Free lunches, Holiday pay, Benefits, company appreciation events.
Cons
Depending on what department you work for you will have to be working holidays and late hours.
Great place too work
Barback (Current Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CADecember 22, 2017
Its a great company great benefits and great managers and great team workers and great place to work too discounts too places great hours flexible hours
A very organized and thoughtful employer
Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAJune 14, 2017
This company was structured with experienced management and well trained officers. An adherence to policy kept everything well organized. Schedules were constant, sick/vacation time was generous. I left that job via a promotion resulting from their effective training.
Pros
Free meals, consistent schedule, good benefits, strong leadership
Cons
Not enthusiastic about gambling, and some officers used this profession as a platform to abuse others.
Great department to work at!
Players Club Representative (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAApril 23, 2018
I regret leaving this position in the first place, but things happen! This is a very easy job and you work with nice people everyday no matter if morning or swing shift. They always worked around my schedule and allowed me to be able to have time to study and have somewhat of a social life! I couldn't complain if I wanted more hours though.
Pros
Free food, easy job, great pay for the little work needed.
Cons
The smoke, I feel the ventilation system sucks and no matter what you say they wouldn't do anything about it.
casino inviroment
Culinary II (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAMay 20, 2018
Got to see and talk to ALL employees in the casino. Personally got to make meals for the employees, I learned all the employees names and got to know there likes and dislikes. I will have their lunch ready when they go to their lunch break.
Pros
getting to know everybody
Cons
no complaints
Professional yet fun environment to work in
General Ledger Accountant (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CANovember 13, 2011
I enjoyed the time I spent at ACC. I was lucky enough to be there from the beginning, so everyone who started from Day One ended up feeling like part of my family. The pay and benefits were fantastic and included free meals!
Pros
free meals, friendly work environment
Cons
limited advancement, stressed out management
Great teamwork
Main Banker (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAMarch 6, 2018
Good pay, the tips were good. Opportunity to move to different positions. Free meals. Working graveyard is tough. Attendance policy is strict: no late grace period, double points on holiday weekends.
Pros
Free meals, tips
Cons
Grave shift, super strict attendance policy
No job security
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Rancho Mirage, CAMay 13, 2012
Several employees were let go for no reason and then denied unemployment benefits. This form of cleaning house, happened every couple years. The money is decent, but don't go spending because you might not have a job the next day. And they never rehire,
Pros
in house meals
Cons
few breaks, no job secuirty, selective advancement, and the indians believe they are above the law.