AHEAD Employee Reviews

An OKAY place to work
Worker (Current Employee) –  New Bedford, MAOctober 24, 2018
Slow season there isn't much to do. During busy season, the days go by a lot quicker. Management, my manager at least, is awesome. He is an amazing person to work with and always works around your schedule if needed. He is a definition of a leader.
Phenomenal People, Future Facing Management
Market Analyst and Inside Sales Intern (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 23, 2018
Working with AHEAD you learn the true meaning of collaboration. From the moment I waited in the lobby on my first day to my celebratory lunch of the final day of work I felt like AHEADians not only knew me but cared for me. I think management has a solid idea of where they want to take their business in the future and is committed to their people and their company brand. Working here was a pleasure and one I hope I have the opportunity to have again having only worked as an intern my first time around.
Pros
Upper Level Management Guidance, Respectful and helpful atmosphere
well care for buildind with comfortable work stations
Production Artist (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAAugust 30, 2016
I worked with a great computer and was allowed to listen to music through headphones. The building is fairly new and cofortable and the breakroom had great food witha flatscreen tv playing throughout the day.
Avoid if possible. Maybe wait until the current CEO sells - which should be soon.
N/A (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 28, 2016
AHEAD basically begs their employees to provide positive reviews for them on Glassdoor and other sites because they are worried that honest opinions will allow people to see the real company. This old boys club protects their own and if you try to create any real change, they see it as fighting the system and it creates a target on your back. Sadly, this company reacts slowly to real problems in the company. Personally, I feel as though the CEO wants to keep his hands clean and avoid confrontation. HR is non-existent as they hold zero power. They see things that are unethical and their only advice is to "do what's best for you". Leadership is poor, employee relations are terrible.

The only positive is the talent that helps generate money. The feet on the streets is the only positive I can provide for them. Well, that and the fact that their HR is SO bad, they have no pay grades, so there are no rules or caps on what you can get paid. They have overpaid for poor performers and have underpaid amazing performers - nice!
Pros
Talent in roles, lack of paygrades (get what you can even if you don't deserve it)
Cons
Poor leadership (lack of empathy or concern), zero HR
Right company if you are the right fit
Sales Business Analysis (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 14, 2015
Solid company with great growth and presence in the industry. Great camaraderie amongst employees within and across teams. Come parts of the organization are experiencing the challenges of growth in terms of career path, but leadership is working on this team by team.
Pros
Solid company, great people, downtown
Cons
Career path in some parts of the organization, work/life balance
golf driven company, enjoyable work experience
Territory Manager (Current Employee) –  Denver ColoradoJune 9, 2015
long hours, learned how to merchandise green grass as long as resort golf and retail shops

most enjoyable part was the experience of traveling to top course around the nation
Nice Company, Poor Management
Web Designer and Developer (Former Employee) –  New Bedford, MAApril 11, 2015
I enjoyed working at Ahead. The company has a nice atmosphere (glass building, nice people, etc.). The setting is pretty casual for the most part, which I liked.
The reason I gave the company a low-rating is because of the lack of morale in the company. They would do nice things like throwing pizza parties, barbecues, etc. but the regular work-day often consisted of rushed, fast-paced work and high demands. There was a heavy emphasis on production and getting things done, but a poor sense of planning. In my case, I worked in IT Support/Web Design so my workload would fluctuate heavily on a daily basis. I could go a day without any demands and then all of a sudden I was expected to get something done in a matter of minutes. I understand that the nature of the job entails that kind of work, but many things should have been predicted before they were brought to my attention. (i.e. 'Oh no, we forgot to put this on the website, can you get that done now?') Or things like "We're having a meeting in 10 minutes, can you set up the projector in the showroom?".
There was a poor sense of communication which caused a lot of issues. Employees would be terminated without IT being notified, and then we would be complained to, asking why terminated employees were still on our distribution lists. These are just a few examples of the sort of issues I encountered.
I communicated with the other employees on a regular basis and enjoyed working with them. Everyone had a good attitude, but I could sense that the lack of morale in the company was weighing down on them. Overtime was pretty common,
  more... and there were many complaints about being underpaid as well as the lack of benefits.
The turnover rates were tremendous. Working in IT, I would see the amount of people that would leave, and who were replaced.
In summary, I enjoyed working at this company because it was close to home, I enjoyed what I did, and I enjoyed working with my fellow employees, but the lack of morale and poor management/planning made working there difficult.
Pros
Nice Atmosphere, Good Area, Good People
Cons
Lack of Morale, Poor Planning, Finger-Pointing
convenient
Independent Consultant (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAJanuary 13, 2013
set your own hours, part-time
unique
rewarding
friendly conditions
Pros
flexibility